PDA

View Full Version : 6 reasons why Lebron is not top GOAT 5

tamaraw08
09-02-2016, 11:06 AM
Like I said in my book he is GOAT Small forward but regardless of position, there are 6 guys that I would pick over him to start a team.
1. MJ
2. Kareem.
3. Shaq. Forget his last years at Boston and Cleveland, this guy at his peak was averaging 30 pts, 13.6 rebs and 3 block shots. 4 rings as the top guy for his team.
4. Magic- Lebron has more pts/game but Magic at his peak, but he was averaging 24 pts, 8 rebs and 13 assists/game. Lebron is a very good passer at 8 apg(peak) but Magic is GOAT passer=ability to make his teammates so much better, better in the clutch, even played center in the finals to win it all. 5 rings and battled the best teams like Boston and Detroit.
5. Hakeem- at 28 pts, 14 rebs, 4 blocks plus changed a ton of shots and probably the only one who won a ring with ZERO allstars at the same time humiliating MVP David Robinson and Utah Jazz etc. Could not be stopped at the low post vs the top centers like Shaq, Ewing, DRob etc.
6. Tim Duncan. His ave is lower simply bec he stayed a lot longer that he should plus Pops rested him a ton in the final 5 years of his career.
He is not called the big Fundamental for nothing. his peak numbers are
25.5 pts, 12.2 rebs, 2.3 blocks, 5 rings, and very consistent esp his first 12 years.

Prometheus
09-02-2016, 11:09 AM
Whatever, that's your opinion.

Annyong!
09-02-2016, 11:20 AM
Whatever, that's your opinion.
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/14789132.jpg

Prometheus
09-02-2016, 11:23 AM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/14789132.jpg

I actually wanted to post this exactly, but im on my phone

Hey Yo
09-02-2016, 11:57 AM
Like I said in my book he is GOAT Small forward but regardless of position, there are 6 guys that I would pick over him to start a team.
1. MJ
2. Kareem.
3. Shaq. Forget his last years at Boston and Cleveland, this guy at his peak was averaging 30 pts, 13.6 rebs and 3 block shots. 4 rings as the top guy for his team.
4. Magic- Lebron has more pts/game but Magic at his peak, but he was averaging 24 pts, 8 rebs and 13 assists/game. Lebron is a very good passer at 8 apg(peak) but Magic is GOAT passer=ability to make his teammates so much better, better in the clutch, even played center in the finals to win it all. 5 rings and battled the best teams like Boston and Detroit.
5. Hakeem- at 28 pts, 14 rebs, 4 blocks plus changed a ton of shots and probably the only one who won a ring with ZERO allstars at the same time humiliating MVP David Robinson and Utah Jazz etc. Could not be stopped at the low post vs the top centers like Shaq, Ewing, DRob etc.
6. Tim Duncan. His ave is lower simply bec he stayed a lot longer that he should plus Pops rested him a ton in the final 5 years of his career.
25.5 pts, 12.2 rebs, 2.3 blocks, 5 rings, and very consistent esp his first 12 years.
How is Magic... aka "Tragic" more clutch?

Him playing Center is a complete myth. He participated in the opening jump ball and that was his extent of it. He played G and F

James also battles the best teams out of the West.... like SA and GSW

AirBonner
09-02-2016, 11:59 AM
Magic's defense was pathetic compared to Lebrons. Also he was drafted on a championship team :lol Lebron's team wouldn't even make the playoffs without him.

Mr Feeny
09-02-2016, 12:05 PM
Too bad but that general consensus is that he's top 3 at worst at the age of 31 and with much more to go.

Some even have him as GOAT. The "three J's" are pretty much everyone's top 3:

James, Jordan and jabbar as Isiah would say:D

Lebron23
09-02-2016, 12:30 PM
Too bad but that general consensus is that he's top 3 at worst at the age of 31 and with much more to go.

Some even have him as GOAT. The "three J's" are pretty much everyone's top 3:

James, Jordan and jabbar as Isiah would say:D

This

Love to see LeBron wins another MVP, and Finals MVP next season. 4 Finals MVP, and 5 Regular Seasons MVP would create so many meltdowns next season.

toprange
09-02-2016, 12:39 PM

Him playing Center is a complete myth. He participated in the opening jump ball and that was his extent of it. He played G and F

The western champion is the ONLY real competition lebron has to go against in the playoffs. Pretty pathetic path to a championship

AirBonner
09-02-2016, 12:41 PM
The western champion is the ONLY real competition lebron has to go against in the playoffs. Pretty pathetic path to a championship
Ordan made the playoffs with a 30 win team. Pretty pathetic 3alts.

Dragonyeuw
09-02-2016, 01:01 PM

Top over Wade in 2006?

BigKAT
09-02-2016, 01:04 PM
Stats, stats stats.

It feels like you didn't really watch any of those guys.
I may be wrong, and I apologize if I am.

But I didn't watch much 80s basketball. Maybe a few select 'Turn back the clock' games aired on my country's sports channel.

Anyhow, you are entitled to your own opinion, cheers.

tamaraw08
09-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Stats, stats stats.

It feels like you didn't really watch any of those guys.
I may be wrong, and I apologize if I am.

But I didn't watch much 80s basketball. Maybe a few select 'Turn back the clock' games aired on my country's sports channel.

Anyhow, you are entitled to your own opinion, cheers.

Yes, I have seen them play. "Stats x 3", the irony cuz I based my opinion that Lebron is GOAT SF is because of his great "stats".
Yes he is a freak of nature, arguably the most athletic player ever to play, as if Karl Malone is galloping like Westbrook. And his court vision is great too. But eye test on his skill set level?
When was the last time he did a tear drop like Iceman Gervin.
Or a Jumphook like Wade and peak Rose?
or a runner ala Kobe
or a reverse pivot and counter spin like James Worthy?
or a pull up like MJ?

Having said all that, my question to you and your fellow Lebron fans is, don't you share my opinion that he is GOAT SF?
It is my opinion that size still matters in this sport. If Lebron is 6-4 and 190 lbs, he probably be not GOAT SF.
Great tall players still trump over great small players. They rebound more, they tend to be more efficient with their scoring, they block and change shots more etc etc. MJ is ofcourse the exception. Magic with his ability to play multiple positions and at the same time issue 13 assists is just too difficult for me to ignore. But yes, it is just my opinion.

BedroomBully
09-02-2016, 06:45 PM

Don't forget a Thunder Team with KD, Russell, Harden, Ibaka, Jeff Green, Fisher, etc.

LAZERUSS
09-02-2016, 07:52 PM
Interesting reading.

The first article covers every one of Lebron's Finals' games up thru game four of the 2014 Finals (and he would follow that up with a zero-impact effort in the clinching five blowout loss.)

http://thesportspost.com/lebron-james-nba-finals-history/#axzz4J905enVG

Then, we can see just how "clutch" LeChoke was in his '15 Finals in this article...

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/106689/making-the-historical-comparison-between-lebron-james-other-all-time-greats?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Think about that. Aside from his 2012 Finals, he was choking in every other Finals in his career.

And this year was no different, either.

In game four he led his team down the toilet in the last minute, by repeatedly driving uncontested to the hoop in three straight possessions, and in which his team trailed by nine in each. He proved he would rather pad his stats than actually try to win the game with a three.

Luckily for him, the NBA suspended Green in a game five, which ultimately cost the Warriors a 4-1 series win. On top of that, the Warriors had key injuries to their lone rim-protector, and the Lebron-stopper, who had a history of completely shutting LeChoke down.

And even in the game seven WIN...LeChoke went 0-4 from the field in the last 4:14, and had his ass saved by Clutch Kyrie.

Remove Kyrie's game winner, and Ray Allen's miracle, and we would be reading about Mr. "1-7."

aj1987
09-02-2016, 08:25 PM
Interesting reading.

The first article covers every one of Lebron's Finals' games up thru game four of the 2014 Finals (and he would follow that up with a zero-impact effort in the clinching five blowout loss.)

http://thesportspost.com/lebron-james-nba-finals-history/#axzz4J905enVG

Then, we can see just how "clutch" LeChoke was in his '15 Finals in this article...

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/106689/making-the-historical-comparison-between-lebron-james-other-all-time-greats?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Think about that. Aside from his 2012 Finals, he was choking in every other Finals in his career.

And this year was no different, either.

In game four he led his team down the toilet in the last minute, by repeatedly driving uncontested to the hoop in three straight possessions, and in which his team trailed by nine in each. He proved he would rather pad his stats than actually try to win the game with a three.

Luckily for him, the NBA suspended Green in a game five, which ultimately cost the Warriors a 4-1 series win. On top of that, the Warriors had key injuries to their lone rim-protector, and the Lebron-stopper, who had a history of completely shutting LeChoke down.

And even in the game seven WIN...LeChoke went 0-4 from the field in the last 4:14, and had his ass saved by Clutch Kyrie.

Remove Kyrie's game winner, and Ray Allen's miracle, and we would be reading about Mr. "1-7."
Yet, in game 5, LeBron scored 41/16/7/3/3 on 61%. With a healthy Iggy. In G3, he scored 32/11/6/1/2 on 57%.

The score was tied at that point, you inbred hick. This is why you need to watch the games. Besides, LeBron scored 11 of the teams 18 points in the 4th. Including a stretch during which he scored 8 straight and brought the Cavs back up from down 4 to give them a 2 point lead. Lets also not forget about LeBron's game saving block and championship clinching FT.

REALITY:

.511 FT% shooter in the regular season
.465 in the playoffs
.375 in the finals

Chamberlains ppg in regular season: 30.1
Chamberlains ppg in playoffs: 22.5
Chamberlain's ppg in the Finals: 18

Default NBA choking rating

Advanced Formula: Losses with HCA + playoff ppg drop + finals ppg drop + playoff rpg drop + finals rpg drop + playoff apg drop + finals apg drop + playoff fg% drop + finals fg% drop + playoff ft% drop + finals ft% drop - rings

Wilt Chamberlain: 5 + (30.1-22.5) + (30.1-18.6) + (22.9-24.9) + (22.9-24.6) + (4.4-4.2) + (4.4-3.8) + (54.0-52.2) + (54.0-55.9) + (51.1-46.5) + (51.1-37.5) - 2 = 37.3

Ilt's scoring drop off from the RS to the PO's:

'60 - -4.4
'61 - -1.4
'62 - -15.4
'63 - Missed the PO's despite averaging 44.8/24.3/3.4 on 52.8%
'64 - -2.2
'65 - -5.4
'66 - -5.5
'67 - -2.4
'68 - -0.6
'69 - -6.6
'70 - -5.2 (Injured his knee, so not really gonna count this year)
'71 - -2.4
'72 - -0.1
'73 - -2.8

Those numbers would translate to ~15 PPG in the '90's, BTW. Playing in a weak ass era definitely helped boost his stats.

Ilt's FG% from the RS to the PO's:

1960 - +3.5
1961 - -4.0
1962 - -3.9
1964 - +1.8
1965 - +2.0
1966 - -3.1
1967 - -10.4
1968 - -6.1
1979 - -3.8
1970 - -1.9
1971 - -9.0
1972 - -8.6
1973 - -17.5

I'll give Ilt Chokerlain some credit though. He definitely is in the top 15-20 range. Right there with Barkley and KG.

:cheers: :cheers:

Papaya Petee
09-02-2016, 08:34 PM
1. MJ
2. Kareem.

:roll: :roll: Yeah man Shaq was the man in Miami. His "sidekick" only averaged 35\8\4 in the finals.

Smoke117
09-02-2016, 09:05 PM
1. MJ
2. Kareem.

https://godofall.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/wade-laugh.gif

LAZERUSS
09-02-2016, 09:05 PM
I'll give Lord Chamberlain credit though. He is either #1 or #2 all-time, and well ahead of LeChoke.

:cheers: :cheers:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Continuing...

Gotta love the Ajackoffs of this site. CONTEXT. He has no clue what that means.

Scoring? How about post-season runs of 28, 29, 33, 35, 35, and 37 ppg? How about post-season series of 37, 37, 39, and 39 ppg? How about post-season series of 28-30, 29-28, 30-31, 31-27, and 34-27 against RUSSELL? How about 13 playoff games of 40+...11 of which came in his 52 playoff games in his "scoring" seasons (21% for those keeping track.) How about MUST WIN games of 45-27 (Finals BTW), 46-34 (against RUSSELL BTW), 50-22, 50-35 (against RUSSELL BTW), and even a 56-35-12 game? As well as another 50 point game in the '64 WDF's. Or series clinching games of 30-32, 30-26, 38-26, and 39-26-10?

How about his MUST WIN playoff games? In his 23 must win playoff games...

31.1 ppg, 26.4 rpg, 4.2 apg, and on a .540 FG% (in post-seasons that shot .435 in the same span.)

How about his 37 MUST WIN, and SERIES CLINCHING playoff games?

29.5 ppg, 26.1 rpg, 4.0 apg, and on a .546 FG% (again, in post-seasons that shot .435 in that span...or nearly TWELVE percentage points above the league average.)

Rebounding? Simply...the GOAT post-season rebounder in NBA history. Yes, Russell had a slightly higher average... 24.9 rpg to 24.5 rpg...BUT, in their eight playoff series H2H's, Chamberlain outrebounded Russell in EVERY one of them. Including margins of 5, 6, and even 9 rpg! Oh, Chamberlain is also the all-time FINALS leading rebounder with a career average of 24.6 rpg.

He played in 13 post-seasons, and his LOW was 20.2 rpg. He also had post-seasons of 28, 29, and even 30 rpg. And he had series of 30 and 31 rpg (both against RUSSELL BTW.) In his LAST post-season, at age 36, and covering 17 games... 22.5 rpg, in a post-season that averaged 50.6 rpg per team (just this last season the NBA averaged 42.0 rpg.) That translates to 19 rpg in the '16 playoffs. In his LAST season.

He played in 29 post-season series, and was never outrebounded by an opposing center in ANY of them. He was outrebounded by PF Jerry Lucas in ONE...and by a 21.0 to 20.0 rpg margin/ However, when the two faced each other as CENTERS, a 35 year old Wilt, playing 47 mpg, outrebounded the 31 year old Lacas, playing 46 mpg, by a 23.2 rpg to 9.8 rpg margin.

Wilt was outrebounding Reed by 14 rpg, Thurmond by 7 rpg, and Russell by 9 rpg.

Playoff RECORDS? Surely this "declining" Wilt would not have any post-season records, right? How about, and by far, the most 20-20 games, the most 30-20 games, the most 20-30 games, the most 30-30 games, the most 40-20 games, the most 40-30 games, the most 50-20 games, and the most 50-30 games? How about the most post-seasons of 20-20, 30-20, 30-25, 35-20?

Blocked shots? Tim Duncan just retired with the "official" post-season blocked shot record of 568 in his 251 playoff games. Well nbastats.net contributor, Julizaver found blocked shot data for 81 of Wilt's 160 post-season games...or roughly half (and almost all of it from the mid-60's on)...and... 590 blocked shots...in 81 games! Hell, an old Wilt blocked 33 shots in his '72 WCF's in the four known games of that series, and 15 of those were on KAJ!

Defense? Wilt held Russell to playoff series FG%'s of .399, .397, .386, and .358 (in a season in which Russell shot .454 against the NBA.) He held Thurmond to playoff series of .392, .373, and .343 (a PEAK Nate BTW...and in a season in which Thurmond shot .437 against the NBA.) He held Bellamy to .450 in a season in which Bellamy shot .521 against the NBA, and then to .421 in a season in which Bellamy had shot .541 against the NBA. Oh, can't forget Kareem, either. KAJ shot .577 and .574 against the NBA in '71 and '72. Against Wilt in those two post-seasons? .481 and .457 (including .414 in the last four games of that series.)

How about Wilt's FG% in his six Finals? .559...all while holding his opposing centers (all in the HOF BTW)...to a combined .439. Or how about his two game seven's of the Finals? He outshot Reed and Russell by a combined .708 to .333 margin (all while averaging 19.5 ppg and 25.5 rpg.)

Passing? Find me a CENTER who averaged 9.0 apg in an entire playoff run (which, BTW, led the post-season that year.) Or a center who had two straight triple-double series (28-27-11, and 22-32-10)?

Of course, had a PRIME Wilt faced the likes of a washed Smits, or a 35 year old Mutombo (whom Shaq was allowed to beat to a bloody pulp in some of the most disgraceful offciating in Finals history), or a never-was in the career 6 ppg scoring MacCulloch, or the complete bust in Eric Dampier... in his Finals...no doubt he would have been putting up 30-40-and 50 point playoff games against them.

So, next time someone claims that Wilt was NOT a Top-5 playoff performer...well, they would be wrong.

:cheers:

aj1987
09-02-2016, 09:11 PM
Ilt Chokerlain is a statpadding and choking mental midget.
Damn! Finally! :cheers: :cheers:

Yet, in game 5, LeBron scored 41/16/7/3/3 on 61%. With a healthy Iggy. In G3, he scored 32/11/6/1/2 on 57%.

The score was tied at that point, you inbred hick. This is why you need to watch the games. Besides, LeBron scored 11 of the teams 18 points in the 4th. Including a stretch during which he scored 8 straight and brought the Cavs back up from down 4 to give them a 2 point lead. Lets also not forget about LeBron's game saving block and championship clinching FT.

REALITY:

.511 FT% shooter in the regular season
.465 in the playoffs
.375 in the finals

Chamberlains ppg in regular season: 30.1
Chamberlains ppg in playoffs: 22.5
Chamberlain's ppg in the Finals: 18

Default NBA choking rating

Advanced Formula: Losses with HCA + playoff ppg drop + finals ppg drop + playoff rpg drop + finals rpg drop + playoff apg drop + finals apg drop + playoff fg% drop + finals fg% drop + playoff ft% drop + finals ft% drop - rings

Wilt Chamberlain: 5 + (30.1-22.5) + (30.1-18.6) + (22.9-24.9) + (22.9-24.6) + (4.4-4.2) + (4.4-3.8) + (54.0-52.2) + (54.0-55.9) + (51.1-46.5) + (51.1-37.5) - 2 = 37.3

Ilt's scoring drop off from the RS to the PO's:

'60 - -4.4
'61 - -1.4
'62 - -15.4
'63 - Missed the PO's despite averaging 44.8/24.3/3.4 on 52.8%
'64 - -2.2
'65 - -5.4
'66 - -5.5
'67 - -2.4
'68 - -0.6
'69 - -6.6
'70 - -5.2 (Injured his knee, so not really gonna count this year)
'71 - -2.4
'72 - -0.1
'73 - -2.8

Those numbers would translate to ~15 PPG in the '90's, BTW. Playing in a weak ass era definitely helped boost his stats.

Ilt's FG% from the RS to the PO's:

1960 - +3.5
1961 - -4.0
1962 - -3.9
1964 - +1.8
1965 - +2.0
1966 - -3.1
1967 - -10.4
1968 - -6.1
1979 - -3.8
1970 - -1.9
1971 - -9.0
1972 - -8.6
1973 - -17.5

I'll give Ilt Chokerlain some credit though. He definitely is in the top 15-20 range. Right there with Barkley and KG.

LAZERUSS
09-02-2016, 09:15 PM

Two can play this game...

Continuing...

Gotta love the Ajackoffs of this site. CONTEXT. He has no clue what that means.

Scoring? How about post-season runs of 28, 29, 33, 35, 35, and 37 ppg? How about post-season series of 37, 37, 39, and 39 ppg? How about post-season series of 28-30, 29-28, 30-31, 31-27, and 34-27 against RUSSELL? How about 13 playoff games of 40+...11 of which came in his 52 playoff games in his "scoring" seasons (21% for those keeping track.) How about MUST WIN games of 45-27 (Finals BTW), 46-34 (against RUSSELL BTW), 50-22, 50-35 (against RUSSELL BTW), and even a 56-35-12 game? As well as another 50 point game in the '64 WDF's. Or series clinching games of 30-32, 30-26, 38-26, and 39-26-10?

How about his MUST WIN playoff games? In his 23 must win playoff games...

31.1 ppg, 26.4 rpg, 4.2 apg, and on a .540 FG% (in post-seasons that shot .435 in the same span.)

How about his 37 MUST WIN, and SERIES CLINCHING playoff games?

29.5 ppg, 26.1 rpg, 4.0 apg, and on a .546 FG% (again, in post-seasons that shot .435 in that span...or nearly TWELVE percentage points above the league average.)

Rebounding? Simply...the GOAT post-season rebounder in NBA history. Yes, Russell had a slightly higher average... 24.9 rpg to 24.5 rpg...BUT, in their eight playoff series H2H's, Chamberlain outrebounded Russell in EVERY one of them. Including margins of 5, 6, and even 9 rpg! Oh, Chamberlain is also the all-time FINALS leading rebounder with a career average of 24.6 rpg.

He played in 13 post-seasons, and his LOW was 20.2 rpg. He also had post-seasons of 28, 29, and even 30 rpg. And he had series of 30 and 31 rpg (both against RUSSELL BTW.) In his LAST post-season, at age 36, and covering 17 games... 22.5 rpg, in a post-season that averaged 50.6 rpg per team (just this last season the NBA averaged 42.0 rpg.) That translates to 19 rpg in the '16 playoffs. In his LAST season.

He played in 29 post-season series, and was never outrebounded by an opposing center in ANY of them. He was outrebounded by PF Jerry Lucas in ONE...and by a 21.0 to 20.0 rpg margin/ However, when the two faced each other as CENTERS, a 35 year old Wilt, playing 47 mpg, outrebounded the 31 year old Lacas, playing 46 mpg, by a 23.2 rpg to 9.8 rpg margin.

Wilt was outrebounding Reed by 14 rpg, Thurmond by 7 rpg, and Russell by 9 rpg.

Playoff RECORDS? Surely this "declining" Wilt would not have any post-season records, right? How about, and by far, the most 20-20 games, the most 30-20 games, the most 20-30 games, the most 30-30 games, the most 40-20 games, the most 40-30 games, the most 50-20 games, and the most 50-30 games? How about the most post-seasons of 20-20, 30-20, 30-25, 35-20?

Blocked shots? Tim Duncan just retired with the "official" post-season blocked shot record of 568 in his 251 playoff games. Well nbastats.net contributor, Julizaver found blocked shot data for 81 of Wilt's 160 post-season games...or roughly half (and almost all of it from the mid-60's on)...and... 590 blocked shots...in 81 games! Hell, an old Wilt blocked 33 shots in his '72 WCF's in the four known games of that series, and 15 of those were on KAJ!

Defense? Wilt held Russell to playoff series FG%'s of .399, .397, .386, and .358 (in a season in which Russell shot .454 against the NBA.) He held Thurmond to playoff series of .392, .373, and .343 (a PEAK Nate BTW...and in a season in which Thurmond shot .437 against the NBA.) He held Bellamy to .450 in a season in which Bellamy shot .521 against the NBA, and then to .421 in a season in which Bellamy had shot .541 against the NBA. Oh, can't forget Kareem, either. KAJ shot .577 and .574 against the NBA in '71 and '72. Against Wilt in those two post-seasons? .481 and .457 (including .414 in the last four games of that series.)

How about Wilt's FG% in his six Finals? .559...all while holding his opposing centers (all in the HOF BTW)...to a combined .439. Or how about his two game seven's of the Finals? He outshot Reed and Russell by a combined .708 to .333 margin (all while averaging 19.5 ppg and 25.5 rpg.)

Passing? Find me a CENTER who averaged 9.0 apg in an entire playoff run (which, BTW, led the post-season that year.) Or a center who had two straight triple-double series (28-27-11, and 22-32-10)?

Of course, had a PRIME Wilt faced the likes of a washed Smits, or a 35 year old Mutombo (whom Shaq was allowed to beat to a bloody pulp in some of the most disgraceful offciating in Finals history), or a never-was in the career 6 ppg scoring MacCulloch, or the complete bust in Eric Dampier... in his Finals...no doubt he would have been putting up 30-40-and 50 point playoff games against them.

So, next time someone claims that Wilt was NOT a Top-5 playoff performer...well, they would be wrong.

Wilt >>>>>> LeChoke.

pauk
09-02-2016, 09:30 PM
Haha... would love to see Tim Duncans true impact after playing with scrubs & scrub coach, he never has.... playing most of his career with Boobie Gibson & potato head instead of Parker/Ginobili + Pop he would been just another Garnett at the very best... speaking of Garnett, i would take him over prime Duncan any day, he was more talented on both ends of the floor.

LAZERUSS
09-02-2016, 09:39 PM
Haha... would love to see Tim Duncans true impact after playing with scrubs & scrub coach, he never has.... playing most of his career with Boobie Gibson & potato head instead of Parker/Ginobili + Pop he would been just another Garnett at the very best... speaking of Garnett, i would take him over prime Duncan any day, he was more talented on both ends of the floor.

I have Duncan and Shaq on in the same tier. Any of them 6-8. Of course, I would take a peak Shaq over either. And as for teammates...Duncan, like Magic, made his teammates better.

aj1987
09-02-2016, 09:40 PM

Two can play this game...

LeBron >>>>>> The choking mental midget, Ilt Chokerlain.
Agreed! :cheers: :cheers: :applause: :applause:

sammichoffate
09-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Wow and here I thought Hakeem wasn't top ten anymore

Hoopz2332
09-02-2016, 10:26 PM
Lebron is consensus top 3-5.....nothing you say will change that

https://s13.postimg.io/3jpf2un53/Screenshot_Aug_31_2016_9_51_PM.png

pauk
09-02-2016, 10:49 PM
I have Duncan and Shaq on in the same tier. Any of them 6-8. Of course, I would take a peak Shaq over either. And as for teammates...Duncan, like Magic, made his teammates better.

Compared to Shaq yes, but that is subjective considering his team impact (outcome/success based on what he had to work with around him), thats what matters... compared to Lebron no, not in any way, Duncan did not have greater impact nor did he made his teammates better, Lebron infact made more with the less than any player i have ever seen in terms of impact... and as far as making teammates better his mindset was just like Magics (a guy who is the biggest Lebron stan, who once said "Its like watching replays of my games" when talking about Lebron & said he has him top 4 all-time), making teammates better was his strongest skill (court vision / passing skills / unselfishness, leadership, IQ & leading by example)....

Duncan i have in my top 10, but any time someone favors him over Jordan, Kareem, Magic, Lebron, Bird, Shaq, Hakeem i think he is overrated (Wilt/Russell i have not seen play enough to make an objective assumption in comparison).

As far as strictly talent/basketball ability goes i can name you plenty of players who were actually better ballers than Duncan... even at his position he is not the best PF ive seen to lace em up & proceed to defend, hustle, dribble, rebound & score around in a game, that goes to prime Garnett (who could also defend & play almost all positions at his peak, even played PG/point-forward for Minnesota at times remember?)...

Duncan was great, but his resume came by way of BASKETBALL GODS BLESSINGS (being surrounded with one of the GOAT supporting casts from the get go, from start to finish, literally his entire career, thats insane)... if you think Garnett in Duncans shoes wouldnt achieve what he did (at the very least) you are out of your mind... better yet thinking about the hypothetics where Lebron or Shaq were in Duncans shoes and Duncan were in Lebrons shoes (Cleveland, he would retire ringless).

tamaraw08
09-04-2016, 05:52 PM
:roll: :roll: Yeah man Shaq was the man in Miami. His "sidekick" only averaged 35\8\4 in the finals.
Shaq was constantly double teamed because of his total domination from the past 3 finals appearances, Wade took full advantage esp a ton of touch fouls going to the line like 19 times/ game. But for the sake of argument you are right, top 5 reasons then:lol :rockon:

aj1987
09-17-2016, 02:23 AM
Shaq was constantly double teamed because of his total domination from the past 3 finals appearances, Wade took full advantage esp a ton of touch fouls going to the line like 19 times/ game. But for the sake of argument you are right, top 5 reasons then:lol :rockon:
:facepalm

It's so easy to just spout BS when you actually haven't watched the games.

BTW, it was 16 a game. You know, the same number which the midrange chucker averaged in '08 against the Jazz.

GimmeThat
09-17-2016, 02:36 AM
name me how many role players can indicate to his teammates how he's going to score, than scores

Lebron23
09-17-2016, 06:36 PM
He's top 2-3.

Better than Wilt, Hakeem, Shaq, Magic, Bird, Duncan, and everyone in the top 10.

FKAri
09-17-2016, 07:20 PM
So you're saying peak magic >peak bird???