PDA

View Full Version : How 2 FMVPs can be greater than 3 FMVPs

toprange
09-02-2016, 01:53 PM
This happens when you compare a player who has back to back FMVPs where his second best player is a one-time allstar, with a player who has 3 FMVPs where his next best players are wade, bosh, irving and love. :applause: :bowdown:

red1
09-02-2016, 01:54 PM
How 2 FMVPs can be greater than 3 FMVPs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWdrO4BoCu8

toprange
09-02-2016, 02:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWdrO4BoCu8

The range between the two comparisons is actually a very large range. Interestingly it can also be shown that 2 FMVPs > 0 FMVPs > 3 FMVPs

Mr Feeny
09-02-2016, 02:12 PM
How about winning a title against a 73 win team without a single allstar? :lebronamazed:

I think that this fmvp alone is worth more than all 5 of Kobe's titles combined (the 3 Shaq rings and the 2 Gasol co-leader rings)

:lol

SouBeachTalents
09-02-2016, 02:13 PM
You can make threads every day about this, won't change the fact that in reality 4 MVP's, 3 FMVP's & superior stats > 1 MVP, 2 FMVP's & inferior stats. Keep the daily meltdown threads coming though, they are amusing :lol

toprange
09-02-2016, 02:17 PM
You can make threads every day about this, won't change the fact that in reality 4 MVP's, 3 FMVP's & superior stats > 1 MVP, 2 FMVP's & inferior stats. Keep the daily meltdown threads coming though, they are amusing :lol

You are the kind of person who probably gloats about graduating from kindergarden, elementary school and high school

toprange
09-02-2016, 02:19 PM
How about winning a title against a 73 win team without a single allstar? :lebronamazed:

I think that this fmvp alone is worth more than all 5 of Kobe's titles combined (the 3 Shaq rings and the 2 Gasol co-leader rings)

where the next best players are wade, bosh, irving and love. Bring it on, every year. Its like a handout fvmp

SouBeachTalents
09-02-2016, 02:20 PM
You are the kind of person who probably gloats about graduating from kindergarden, elementary school and high school

Haven't graduated from these yet, but when I do it'll bring me a great sense of accomplishment. But even with my 4th grade education it's easy to see LeBron > Kobe

toprange
09-02-2016, 02:22 PM
Haven't graduated from these yet, but when I do it'll bring me a great sense of accomplishment. But even with my 4th grade education it's easy to see LeBron > Kobe
WTF. These are the lebron fans we are arguing against??!!!

:biggums:

Mr Feeny
09-02-2016, 02:31 PM
where the next best players are wade, bosh, irving and love. Bring it on, every year. Its like a handout fvmp

But we're talking about 2016. Lebron didn't have a single all star on his team this year while Gasol was most definitely an all star for all the rings he carried Kobe to :lebronamazed:

toprange
09-02-2016, 03:21 PM
But we're talking about 2016. Lebron didn't have a single all star on his team this year while Gasol was most definitely an all star for all the rings he carried Kobe to :lebronamazed:
3 SUPERSTARS on a team ?? Hell Yeah. 100%. ALL my money on it.

Mr Feeny
09-02-2016, 03:25 PM

Not a single all star :eek:

LeBron must really be goat.

SouBeachTalents
09-02-2016, 03:27 PM

The only times LeBron had a true "superstar" on his team was Wade in 2011 and Kyrie in this years playoffs. To call 2013 Wade & Bosh and Kevin Love this year "superstars" is a fuccing joke. Compare that to Kobe having the best player in the league on his team for 3 championships AND the league's best coach :oldlol:

HurricaneKid
09-02-2016, 03:58 PM
I assumed OP was talking about Olajuwon when he made this thread. At least that would have been a reasonable allegation.

Kobe? Puhlease. If you think his FMVP in 09 when Pau outplayed D12 or in 2010 when Pau outplayed EVERYONE is more valid than 2016 LeBron you are an abject idiot.

IllegalD
09-02-2016, 04:05 PM
The only times LeBron had a true "superstar" on his team was Wade in 2011 and Kyrie in this years playoffs. To call 2013 Wade & Bosh and Kevin Love this year "superstars" is a fuccing joke. Compare that to Kobe having the best player in the league on his team for 3 championships AND the league's best coach :oldlol:

Both of LeBron's teams that he's won with have been considered Superteams by the media. All of the teams Kobe has won with have not.

Do the math, negroid.

tamaraw08
09-02-2016, 04:08 PM

ahh , "beating the 73- win team" mantra again, the most over used expression of this board. Are they really the best team in history?
is beating the team that was their top 2 defensive players injured in key games really an accomplishment?
GSW may be the most consistently great team in the "regular" season but how exactly did they get to win 73 games?
Maybe the defection of Aldridge to the Spurs, made Portland weaker?
Or Clips losing Griffin for the majority of the season? Same with Marc Gasol AND Conley in Memphis (they were up 2-1 over GSW 2 playoffs ago) or the aging of Dirk. Of the bad coaching of New Orleans plus their share of injuries.
And Cleveland without a single allstar? Kyrie hitting 70%, 41 pts in game 5 is not allstar numbers right?
Didn't Love averaged like 22pts, 14 rebs before joining the Cavs?
How about Tristan Thompson who was already averaging 9.2 rebs/game?

SouBeachTalents
09-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Both of LeBron's teams that he's won with have been considered Superteams by the media. All of the teams Kobe has won with have not.

Do the math, negroid.

The teams he hasn't won with certainly have been though

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/b9/11/87/b91187d64169a3db4840784d93386c8e.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/preview/2012/LAL/la-lakers-608-100912.jpg

jstern
09-02-2016, 04:17 PM
None of Lebron's FMVPs are in doubt, unlike Kobe's 2 FMVPs.

SouBeachTalents
09-02-2016, 04:21 PM

'09 isn't in doubt, that was pretty clear cut, '10 is closer but imo Kobe still deserved it

Hey Yo
09-02-2016, 04:24 PM

Do the math, negroid.
Links to multi-media outlets calling the 2016 Cavs a superteam during the reg. season.

Thanks before your meltdown.

Mr Feeny
09-03-2016, 04:19 AM

:applause: :applause:

Mr Feeny
09-03-2016, 04:20 AM
ahh , "beating the 73- win team" mantra again, the most over used expression of this board. Are they really the best team in history?
is beating the team that was their top 2 defensive players injured in key games really an accomplishment?
GSW may be the most consistently great team in the "regular" season but how exactly did they get to win 73 games?
Maybe the defection of Aldridge to the Spurs, made Portland weaker?
Or Clips losing Griffin for the majority of the season? Same with Marc Gasol AND Conley in Memphis (they were up 2-1 over GSW 2 playoffs ago) or the aging of Dirk. Of the bad coaching of New Orleans plus their share of injuries.
And Cleveland without a single allstar? Kyrie hitting 70%, 41 pts in game 5 is not allstar numbers right?
Didn't Love averaged like 22pts, 14 rebs before joining the Cavs?
How about Tristan Thompson who was already averaging 9.2 rebs/game?

This shouldn't be complicated even for you? We're Kyrie or Thompson all stars in 2016?

Yes or no?

Thank you! :lebronamazed:

IllegalD
09-03-2016, 08:02 AM
:facepalm It's no secret that my fellow Kobe stans aren't the brightest tools in the shed, but I didn't know they lacked 4th grade reading comprehension.
He clearly said articles written during the 2016 regular season calling the Cavs a super team, which NONE of the articles you linked are from. The first one is from 2014 before they even played a game together. The next 2 are from AFTER they won the title! Nobody, and I mean NOBODY was calling the Cavs a super team this past regular season. Lebron beat a 73 win super squad without a single all star. Deal with it! :banana:

Why does it need to be from the 2016 regular season? :confusedshrug:

Sounds like more of the typical insecure LeBron Stan goalpost moving since you know the Cavs are considered a Superteam by the mainstream media.

:banana: :roll:

aj1987
09-03-2016, 08:03 AM

Sounds like more of the typical insecure LeBron Stan goalpost moving since you know the Cavs are considered a Superteam by the mainstream media.

Links to multi-media outlets calling the 2016 Cavs a superteam during the reg. season.

Thanks before your meltdown.
That's the post you quoted, you illiterate ****.

I doubt anyone in the world was calling the Cavs a superteam, going into the season, during the RS, and during the PO's.

AirBonner
09-03-2016, 08:08 AM
That's the post you quoted, you illiterate ****.

I doubt anyone in the world was calling the Cavs a superteam, going into the season, during the RS, and during the PO's.
This. It was confirmed in my thread that the cavs wouldn't even make the playoffs without Lebron. A super team like the warriors EASILY won playoff games without there's.

toprange
09-03-2016, 09:19 AM

Not that there is any smart logic behind the answers of Bran Stans but using there twisted logic we can say Kobe never had a coach of the year his entire career while lebron had one and never won with him

HurricaneKid
09-03-2016, 10:09 AM
Not that there is any smart logic behind the answers of Bran Stans but using there twisted logic we can say Kobe never had a coach of the year his entire career while lebron had one and never won with him

I love Kobestans. Only in their world is Mike Brown > Phil Jackson.

Its the same magical world that pretends Kobe was a good defender.

I imagine this world is a lot like taking shrooms or other hallucinogens.