PDA

View Full Version : How come Kobe only earned 2 scoring titles in 20 years?

BedroomBully
09-03-2016, 01:05 PM
If this guy is an elite scorer with the freedom to shoot, why such underachievement? He holds the record for most missed FGs ever and yet he only has 2 scoring titles. Something isn't adding up.

SamuraiSWISH
09-03-2016, 01:08 PM
1997 - 2000 bc not that caliber scorer yet

2001 - 2004 bc peak Shaq, championship team ball

2005 bc injury

2008 bc trying to involve teammates and win chip

2009 - 2016 bc past prime, young studs emerged

LostCause
09-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Dude averaged 35 per game on 45% shooting, then 32 on 46 the very next season

**** outta here with this thread

BedroomBully
09-03-2016, 01:21 PM
Dude averaged 35 per game on 45% shooting, then 32 on 46 the very next season

**** outta here with this thread
How many scoring titles did he win during his career? Why such anger?

Papaya Petee
09-03-2016, 01:27 PM
To be fair, he had a lot of 26-28 PPG seasons including a 30 PPG season in 2003 where he was top 2-5 in scoring.

I dislike Kobe but you can't blame him for not winning scoring titles when he averaged 30, 28, 26 PPG seasons.

BedroomBully
09-03-2016, 01:30 PM
To be fair, he had a lot of 26-28 PPG seasons including a 30 PPG season in 2003 where he was top 2-5 in scoring.

I dislike Kobe but you can't blame him for not winning scoring titles when he averaged 30, 28, 26 PPG seasons.
You cant blame him? That just means he wasnt the best scorer in the league that year. Its simple. He came in second, just like he did during the 3peat with Shaq.

Papaya Petee
09-03-2016, 01:33 PM
You cant blame him? That just means he wasnt the best scorer in the league that year. Its simple. He came in second, just like he did during the 3peat with Shaq.
I never really bought into the Kobe is the GOAT scorer or even 2nd GOAT scorer behind MJ crap so it's all good.
He was never really efficient, mainly because he took much more difficult shots than needed. His shot selection left a lot to be desired.
Personally I think LeBron is simply the better scorer. I don't care that Kobe had a much "bigger and more creative arsenal" LeBron gives you more points on BETTER efficiency in the regular season, playoffs, and finals. That's all that matters.
But, he was still a great scorer.

BedroomBully
09-03-2016, 01:37 PM
I never really bought into the Kobe is the GOAT scorer or even 2nd GOAT scorer behind MJ crap so it's all good.
He was never really efficient, mainly because he took much more difficult shots than needed. His shot selection left a lot to be desired.
Personally I think LeBron is simply the better scorer. I don't care that Kobe had a much "bigger and more creative arsenal" LeBron gives you more points on BETTER efficiency in the regular season, playoffs, and finals. That's all that matters.
But, he was still a great scorer.
I agree with you. But thing is, Kobe has always been overrated. The guy had the green light to shoot at will, and could only win 2 scoring titles! Thats mindboggling.

LostCause
09-03-2016, 01:38 PM
How many scoring titles did he win during his career? Why such anger?

No anger at all, yal just crack me up with these inept threads that reach too hard and make you look silly

Case in point, how does your point here compensate for the fact Kobe had the 8th highest ppg for a single season in NBA history? Highest since Jordan in 86

Like saying Pippen wasn't an ATG defender because he never won DPOY

BedroomBully
09-03-2016, 02:12 PM
No anger at all, yal just crack me up with these inept threads that reach too hard and make you look silly

Case in point, how does your point here compensate for the fact Kobe had the 8th highest ppg for a single season in NBA history? Highest since Jordan in 86

Like saying Pippen wasn't an ATG defender because he never won DPOY
True. But tell me this, how many seasons did He shoot over 50%? How many seasons did he lead the Leauge in FG attempts? Face it, Kobe was inefficient. He had the green light to school whenever he wanted and still came up short.

SamuraiSWISH
09-03-2016, 02:14 PM
45% shooting while putting up 27 - 35 ppg is not an inefficient scorer.

LostCause
09-03-2016, 02:37 PM
So dude averages 35 on 45 for a season and 25 on 45 for his career and you're claiming he "came up short"? 2nd highest point total in NBA history , 1 of 2 players to drop 50 in 4 straight games, 43-on 47% for an entire 13 game month, and your thread is about Kobes scoring ability....

Ridiculous. Ben Wallace not a great rebounder cuz he only led the league twice now?

JT123
09-03-2016, 05:31 PM
I agree with you. But thing is, Kobe has always been overrated. The guy had the green light to shoot at will, and could only win 2 scoring titles! Thats mindboggling.
Unfortunately, I have to agree. :(
How did the most skilled player in NBA history with the biggest green light in the league only manage to win two scoring titles? :banghead:

TommyGriffin
09-03-2016, 05:35 PM
Kobe cared more about winning rings than padded stats.

KiiiiNG
09-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Kobe, like his hair follicles, comes up short in personal accolades. Thank God he was carried to multiple rings because it gives us kobe fans some sort of solace. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

TommyGriffin
09-03-2016, 05:38 PM
Kobe, like his hair follicles, comes up short in personal accolades. Thank God he was carried to multiple rings because it gives us kobe fans some sort of solace. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif
LeBron is short in something else that is pretty important. I think that is worse.

SwayDizzle
09-03-2016, 05:38 PM
Unfortunately, I have to agree. :(
How did the most skilled player in NBA history with the biggest green light in the league only manage to win two scoring titles? :banghead:
it's coz kobe was also a great pg :bowdown: :bowdown:

raprap
09-03-2016, 07:16 PM
45% shooting while putting up 27 - 35 ppg is not an inefficient scorer.
It's not, compared to LeBron and MJ however...

Poetry
09-03-2016, 10:40 PM
LeBron is short in something else that is pretty important. I think that is worse.
Rings? :D

https://media.giphy.com/media/nYHRWagU8EDtu/giphy.gif

Mr Feeny
09-04-2016, 01:49 AM
1997 - 2000 bc not that caliber scorer yet

2001 - 2004 bc peak Shaq, championship team ball

2005 bc injury

2008 bc trying to involve teammates and win chip

2009 - 2016 bc past prime, young studs emerged

Has nothing to do with injury in 2005. He just wasn't that good a scorer. I think he was at 27 ppg on 43%fg
Lebron I believe was close to that on 47%fg while Iverson lead the league in scoring.

Total points would suffer, yes, if a player is inured. Kobe, on the whole, just wasn't that great a scorer that year.

Neither is 2009 "past prime". And don't make me laugh that "young studs emerged" is what stopped Kobe from winning scoring titles. That clown had Nash, Dwight, Artest and Gasol on his team at one point and still didn't find a shot he didn't like.
He shoots whenever he gets the chance.

In 2008, Lebron was just flat out a better scorer. In the later years, Durant was. This isn't complicated. Lebron actually averaged more assists per game and was more of a playmaker even as he won the scoring title and left Kobe in dust:lol

BedroomBully
09-04-2016, 02:08 AM
Has nothing to do with injury in 2005. He just wasn't that good a scorer. I think he was at 27 ppg on 43%fg
Lebron I believe was close to that on 47%fg while Iverson lead the league in scoring.

Total points would suffer, yes, if a player is inured. Kobe, on the whole, just wasn't that great a scorer that year.

Neither is 2009 "past prime". And don't make me laugh that "young studs emerged" is what stopped Kobe from winning scoring titles. That clown had Nash, Dwight, Artest and Gasol on his team at one point and still didn't find a shot he didn't like.
He shoots whenever he gets the chance.

In 2008, Lebron was just flat out a better scorer. In the later years, Durant was. This isn't complicated. Lebron actually averaged more assists per game and was more of a playmaker even as he won the scoring title and left Kobe in dust:lol
Extremely intelligent post.

iamgine
09-04-2016, 02:22 AM
If this guy is an elite scorer with the freedom to shoot, why such underachievement? He holds the record for most missed FGs ever and yet he only has 2 scoring titles. Something isn't adding up.
Just because a guy doesn't finish first in scoring title, doesn't mean he's not an elite scorer. Wade and Dirk were elite scorers who had the freedom to shoot, yet Wade only has one scoring title and Dirk has none.

Akrazotile
09-04-2016, 02:25 AM
Just because a guy doesn't finish first in scoring title, doesn't mean he's not an elite scorer. Wade and Dirk were elite scorers who had the freedom to shoot, yet Wade only has one scoring title and Dirk has none.

They are not the all-time leaders in FGA.

BedroomBully
09-04-2016, 02:37 AM
Wade is not an elite scorer. As for Dirk, he was an elite scorer with the green light, but never chucked shots like Kobe! For as many FG attempts the Garden Snake had, he never lead the league in scoring.

iamgine
09-04-2016, 05:28 AM
Wade is not an elite scorer. As for Dirk, he was an elite scorer with the green light, but never chucked shots like Kobe! For as many FG attempts the Garden Snake had, he never lead the league in scoring.
He was

knickswoman
09-04-2016, 06:12 AM
At the end of the day, only cheap ass losers settle for lebron rings

AirFederer
09-04-2016, 12:25 PM
He was never that good and/or his coach managed to keep him in check