PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Curry: "I wasn't 100% in the finals"

FreezingTsmoove
09-03-2016, 08:31 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/09/03/stephen-curry-on-finals-i-wasnt-100-percent-but-who-cares/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs&yptr=yahoo

It was obvious at points in the playoffs that Stephen Curry was not 100 percent healthy. He slipped on a wet spot on the floor in Houston, sprained his right knee, missed some time, and was not quite right the rest of the way. He still had monster games and stretches of elite play (that’s how recovery from injury goes, it’s not linear), but wasn’t doing the little things quite as well.

Of course, Curry and the Warriors largely denied it until after the playoffs ended.

Curry, during his tour of China, finally admitted he was not right in an interview with ESPN’s Darren Rovell, but added it didn’t matter.

“I wasn’t 100 percent, but who cares? I was playing. I was out there trying to help my team win and that’s all that really matters. I’ve taken advantage of the summer to get right and I still have a little bit of work to go.”

Curry’s health wasn’t the reason the Warriors dropped a 3-1 series lead. It was Draymond Green not being able to keep his hands to himself, it was LeBron James finding another gear, it was Andrew Bogut getting injured, it was Kyrie Irving not shying away from the big moments. We tend to like simple answers when reality is a stew of a lot of different flavors coming together — there is no one answer.

Those final three games then the Warriors adding Kevin Durant this summer flipped the national narrative for a lot of people: LeBron was the hero bringing a title to his hometown, the Warriors are the superteam villains.

“I kind of laugh at that,” Curry said. “Obviously how the Finals ended [and] what happened, that’s sports. That’s what you love about it. I wouldn’t trade that experience for anything. Obviously it stinks to not win, but playing for a championship for two years in a row has been an amazing, amazing journey and I don’t think it’s over.

“All that narrative around our team, how people view us, doesn’t really matter to us. We are who we are and we’re championship contenders going forward.”

More than contenders, the Warriors are the team to beat heading into next season. If you had to bet the Finals would be won by the Warriors or the field, which would you take? I think it’s 50/50.

Curry said he is not worried about that pressure on his team, but we’ll see how they handle it when there are early stumbles and some corners of the Warriors fan base freak out. That’s when the first test comes.

34-24 Footwork
09-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Dude has been EXTREMELY quiet throughout thethe entire off season. Some of that is just embarrassment, more than likely. Lol.

But make no mistake, dude is in the lab working on his game and probably been in the weight room ( if he knows whats good for him).

Smoke117
09-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Nobody is 100% in the playoffs.

Cali Syndicate
09-03-2016, 08:42 PM
Obviously I wanted the Warriors to win, but that's how it typically goes with sports. Sometimes you lose and the Warriors lost, with a harsh sting considering the 73 regular season wins. Good news is, Warriors will be making noise for awhile and Curry should have a few more, hopefully exciting, chapters to write before his career is over.

aj1987
09-03-2016, 08:43 PM
Yeah, him not being 100% healthy led to this brilliant pass in the clutch.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6Zt5s2nXjto12JY4/giphy.gif

JT123
09-03-2016, 08:44 PM
Who the hell IS 100% after an 82 game season and 3 playoff rounds? :hammerhead:

Fact of the matter is Curry was probably fresher than every other star player in the Finals considering he sat out about thirty 4th quarters this year, and got to coast in the few that he did have to play in. :sleeping

TommyGriffin
09-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Warriorfan has some good write-ups on this subject.

bigkingsfan
09-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Neither was Lebron, Kyrie, and Love.

TommyGriffin
09-03-2016, 08:53 PM
This little clown making excuses for his poor play. If you're not 100%, why are you doing 360 dunks during warm ups? Why are you saying, and u quote, "I'm back" when things are going well for you?
Saying you are back doesn't really indicate that you are 100% healthy. It is just saying that you have returned from absence. As for the 360 dunk think. I read somewhere that the MCL effects quick lateral movements while changing direction, this doesn't really come into play during a dunk.

JT123
09-03-2016, 08:54 PM
Neither was Lebron, Kyrie, and Love.
Yup.

Lebron = injured wrist
Love = concussion
Kyrie = bad ankle

Somehow little Stephanie was the only one that wasn't able to step their game up when it mattered. :lol

inclinerator
09-03-2016, 09:20 PM
dude had an extra 2 week break in the first 2 rounds

Orlando Magic
09-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Yup.

Lebron = injured wrist

:oldlol:

SamuraiSWISH
09-03-2016, 10:49 PM
Yup.

Lebron = injured wrist
Love = concussion
Kyrie = bad ankle

Somehow little Stephanie was the only one that wasn't able to step their game up when it mattered. :lol
:eek:

Devin Booker
09-03-2016, 11:14 PM
Doesn't matter, injuries do not make you throw dumb passes in critical moments

Screamin A Smit
09-03-2016, 11:21 PM
"i'm back"

:roll: :roll:

SamuraiSWISH
09-04-2016, 12:26 AM
Nobody is 100 percent by mid to late June. Everyone is tired too. That's the point. It's a champions test of mettle, and will power to still get it done.

:facepalm

360 warm up dunks and "I'm Back" game though.

TommyGriffin
09-04-2016, 12:39 AM
Nobody is 100 percent by mid to late June. Everyone is tired too. That's the point. It's a champions test of mettle, and will power to still get it done.

:facepalm

360 warm up dunks and "I'm Back" game though.
Nobody is 100 percent, but does everybody have a damaged MCL?

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/kbn3eb5kjiqbjgcjbvvw.gif

SouBeachTalents
09-04-2016, 01:01 AM
This is an excuse being used now, not being 100%? Is any player 100% by the time the Finals roll around. Just a bullshit excuse for a horrendous and embarrassing performance

He seemed to be pretty healthy here

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjHZKRgiZXYmVVbq/giphy.gif

TommyGriffin
09-04-2016, 01:04 AM
This is an excuse being used now, not being 100%? Is any player 100% by the time the Finals roll around. Just a bullshit excuse for a horrendous and embarrassing performance

Note that he did not say "I'm here, I'm 100% healthy, I am back". He merely stated that he is back from absence, which he was.

34-24 Footwork
09-04-2016, 01:06 AM
Steph is kinda bitchmade in the respect that his entire game got locked up in the finals.

But he obviously wasnt 100%. Dude damn near split his scrotum in houston.

bdreason
09-04-2016, 04:19 AM
It was pretty obvious when TT and Love locked him up on the perimeter. He was blowing by guys like that in the regular season.

34-24 Footwork
09-04-2016, 05:36 AM
Note that he did not say "I'm here, I'm 100% healthy, I am back". He merely stated that he is back from absence, which he was.

:lol :lol :applause:

Mr Feeny
09-04-2016, 05:40 AM
It was pretty obvious when TT and Love locked him up on the perimeter. He was blowing by guys like that in the regular season.

I love Curry but no ankle injury makes you miss shots LEFT-TO-RIGHT. Even 15 year old highschool kids don't miss that badly. That's down to being mentally out of it - not being injured.

You don't miss as badly as he did bc of physical debilitations. Not do you make ill-advised behind the back turnovers that swing the championship deciding game's momentum.

iamgine
09-04-2016, 05:54 AM
http://www.networtho.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Donatas-Motiejunas.jpg

His sweat singlehandedly cost Warriors the title :oldlol:

TommyGriffin
09-04-2016, 06:29 AM
I love Curry but no ankle injury makes you miss shots LEFT-TO-RIGHT. Even 15 year old highschool kids don't miss that badly. That's down to being mentally out of it - not being injured.

You don't miss as badly as he did bc of physical debilitations. Not do you make ill-advised behind the back turnovers that swing the championship deciding game's momentum.
Asymmetrical imbalances from weakness of one injured knee would not only explain shots coming up short but also shots missing left to right as well.

feyki
09-04-2016, 07:08 AM
Yep , He wasn't %100 ; mentally .

IGOTGAME
09-04-2016, 07:10 AM
[QUOTE=bdreason]It was pretty obvious when TT and Love locked him up on the perimeter. He was blowing by guys like that in the regular season.[/QUOTE
They guarded him differently, that is what the playoffs are about.

The way Cavs played him, any big defender, who is smart, could guard him according to gameplan. Just guard the 3 point line and 100% give up everything else. Steph played dumb or doesn't has some stuff in his game.

But that is the playoffs, teams use better tactics and its a series of games against the same team

BigKAT
09-04-2016, 08:33 AM
All this talking is useless.

Steph will either redeem himself comes next June, or prove that most people were right.

Either way, it's going to be fun to watch.

IGOTGAME
09-04-2016, 08:51 AM
All this talking is useless.

Steph will either redeem himself comes next June, or prove that most people were right.

Either way, it's going to be fun to watch.

Or they will overwhelm the opponent due to a massive advantage. They have 4 of the top 15 players in the league.

Mr Feeny
09-04-2016, 08:52 AM
Asymmetrical imbalances from weakness of one injured knee would not only explain shots coming up short but also shots missing left to right as well.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with his knee. He sprained an ankle which should have healed within 3 days.

Players have played with damages knees for years. I've never seen anyone miss left to right. Wade has had a bum knee for the last 6 years. You never see him miss like that.

Nor can any injury explain the strange decision making down the stretch. Behind the back passes, rushed shots. It was all strange.

BigKAT
09-04-2016, 08:55 AM
There was absolutely nothing wrong with his knee. He sprained an ankle which should have healed within 3 days.

Players have played with damages knees for years. I've never seen anyone miss left to right. Wade has had a bum knee for the last 6 years. You never see him miss like that.

Nor can any injury explain the strange decision making down the stretch. Behind the back passes, rushed shots. It was all strange.

People are comparing you to Messi.
People are saying you have the greatest season in the world.
People are saying that there's no way you lose game 7 at home.

Pressure mate. Pressure.
But veterans are forged in fire, and I expect Curry to never flounder like this again.

(The reason 2015 didn't forge him is that he won.)
He needed this loss.
Same way Lebron needed 2007 to understand what the finals are really like.

Mr Feeny
09-04-2016, 08:58 AM

Pressure mate. Pressure.
But veterans are forged in fire, and I expect Curry to never flounder like this again.

He needed this loss.

That's fine. And it goes hand in hand with what I was saying. He wasn't there mentally. He looked in over his head. THAT - more than anything else - was he issue. He'll get over it, grow, and play better next time round.

Lebron23
09-04-2016, 09:06 AM
I'll respect him if he admits that he just struggled mentally in the NBA Finals. Curry needs to STFU. He's 0/22 in Finals MVP Voting.

SwayDizzle
09-04-2016, 09:12 AM
it was all mental with curry in the finals. 100%

MP.Trey
09-04-2016, 10:12 AM
All I saw was "who cares?"

SamuraiSWISH
09-04-2016, 10:24 AM
Or they will overwhelm the opponent due to a massive advantage. They have 4 of the top 15 players in the league.
:applause:

ArbitraryWater
09-04-2016, 10:24 AM

Pressure mate. Pressure.

He needed this loss.

:biggums:

D. Toretto
09-04-2016, 10:58 AM
Its crazy how much Curry was in the head of ISH. Why the hate lol? Just be happy Bron won.

FreezingTsmoove
09-04-2016, 11:45 AM
I'll respect him if he admits that he just struggled mentally in the NBA Finals. Curry needs to STFU. He's 0/22 in Finals MVP Voting.

So was Lebron in his first two finals

shadow
09-04-2016, 11:48 AM
choked a 3-1 lead.....your jumper wasn't falling, maybe try to go to the rim dude or looking to see where your team mates are before throwing the ball away trying to make a pretty pass.

AirBonner
09-04-2016, 11:52 AM
Poor curry. Unfortunately this excuse works for every player in the finals. :lol

TommyGriffin
09-04-2016, 11:54 AM
Poor curry. Unfortunately this excuse works for every player in the finals. :lol
Every player in the Finals has a damaged MCL? That is new.

AirBonner
09-04-2016, 11:59 AM
Every player in the Finals has a damaged MCL? That is new.

Did every player have a broken wrist severe concussion or a level 5 damaged ankle? That's what I thought.

AirFederer
09-04-2016, 12:18 PM
He needs to get on dat HGH

KirbyPls
09-04-2016, 04:09 PM

Was there anything better than watching this arrogant, dancing clown get his shit busted by Lebron, Kyrie, and the Cavs? Sweet, poetic justice. :applause:

34-24 Footwork
09-04-2016, 06:06 PM
Cavs and Warriors are tied 1-1

We'll see what happens next season.

Cant wait.

Goldent state finally got a ring for their hometown.

Cleveland finally got one for their city.

Gonna be fun.

Nilocon165
09-04-2016, 06:08 PM

Cant wait.

Gonna be fun.
2015 Lebron was missing his 2nd and 3rd option and 2017 that clearly won't be the same Warriors team now that they have KD.

Cone
09-04-2016, 06:13 PM
No excuses. He was doing 360 dunks. Not like Delladeva, Love, and Kyrie all literally in the hospital.

No one is 100% in the finals. Sick of the excuses for this overrated chucking no defense playing scrub.

GrapeApe
09-04-2016, 06:40 PM
it was all mental with curry in the finals. 100%

This. Sometimes the mental aspect of recovering from an injury is more difficult than the physical aspect. The fear of re-injury tends to linger in the back of your mind and affect your game. To me it was pretty clear that Curry was struggling with that. We've seen it countless times before when a player returns from injury and plays a half step slow, even when they are physically healthy.

TommyGriffin
09-04-2016, 06:53 PM
This. Sometimes the mental aspect of recovering from an injury is more difficult than the physical aspect. The fear of re-injury tends to linger in the back of your mind and affect your game. To me it was pretty clear that Curry was struggling with that. We've seen it countless times before when a player returns from injury and plays a half step slow, even when they are physically healthy.
Sometimes players re-aggravate injuries when they come back earlier than the timetable advises. Curry's knee was severely tweaked and was never given a chance to allow the MCL to fully heal. Curry went from the hardest cover and clutchest player in the planet to having zero explosiveness and getting locked up by Kevin Love and Steve Adams on the perimeter. It is glaringly obvious that his quickness and explosion was not there.

TommyGriffin
09-04-2016, 07:04 PM
He didn't come back early you dumb****.
I believe he came back before 2 weeks which is pretty early for an MCL injury of the nature. It was pretty nasty.

Clifton
09-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Nobody's ever 100% in the NBA. Remember when Kobe was ripping off 40pt games with a cast on his finger? Remember Allen Iverson's whole career? Minor injuries are a constant in the NBA.

What you worry about are the ones that keep you out for extended periods and seem to recur. Steph seems fragile to me. Not mentally, it's just that his body is smaller and he seems to depend on lots of sudden changes of direction. That's not good for longevity.

If Steph retired with a legacy of "he was damn good but he'd be top 15 all time if he weren't injured all the damn time" I wouldn't be surprised. With KD he'll stay winning rings though.

poido123
09-04-2016, 08:35 PM
Don't make excuses.

Prove it and win.

TommyGriffin
09-04-2016, 08:47 PM
Nobody's ever 100% in the NBA. Remember when Kobe was ripping off 40pt games with a cast on his finger? Remember Allen Iverson's whole career? Minor injuries are a constant in the NBA.

What you worry about are the ones that keep you out for extended periods and seem to recur. Steph seems fragile to me. Not mentally, it's just that his body is smaller and he seems to depend on lots of sudden changes of direction. That's not good for longevity.

If Steph retired with a legacy of "he was damn good but he'd be top 15 all time if he weren't injured all the damn time" I wouldn't be surprised. With KD he'll stay winning rings though.
Allen Iverson never played in the Finals with an MCL injury. A finger injury does not equal a knee injury. No one is 100% healthy but 99% of the players were not as severely injured as Curry.

Nilocon165
09-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Allen Iverson never played in the Finals with an MCL injury. A finger injury does not equal a knee injury. No one is 100% healthy but 99% of the players were not as severely injured as Curry.
Curry with a finger injury would of made his shit 3 point shooting in the finals even worse, if thats even possible.

TommyGriffin
09-04-2016, 08:56 PM
Curry with a finger injury would of made his shit 3 point shooting in the finals even worse, if thats even possible.
Playing with a knee injury is much worse than playing with a finger injury. You can play ball fine while missing a finger, how about when you are missing one leg?

Nilocon165
09-04-2016, 09:00 PM
Playing with a knee injury is much worse than playing with a finger injury. You can play ball fine while missing a finger, how about when you are missing one leg?
So he could ball out in Game 7 vs the thunder, but all the sudden he puts up a shitshow in game 7 vs the cavs? Explain how the injury comes into play here. Did his knee get worse over time? Or did his mentality?

TommyGriffin
09-04-2016, 09:08 PM
So he could ball out in Game 7 vs the thunder, but all the sudden he puts up a shitshow in game 7 vs the cavs? Explain how the injury comes into play here. Did his knee get worse over time? Or did his mentality?
He was able to exploit the Thunder's defense with a lot of off-ball catch and shoot opportunities. We did a good job with shading and keeping tight on Curry at all times and forcing him into iso situations; which he was struggling in due to a lack of quickness and explosiveness from his knee injury.

AirBonner
09-04-2016, 09:10 PM
He's only injured when he plays bad :lol

Cali Syndicate
09-04-2016, 09:11 PM

an ankle injury definitely can affect your jumper. You cant get the same drive and balance from your legs if one of your ankles is sprained, in curry's case being both his ankle and knee. In addition, the two week's he had to take off probably caused some atrophy throwing off his conditioning, at the worst time of the season. This was apparent in the later part of most games. He was sluggish and had no explosiveness whatsoever.

Throwing irresponsible passes is on curry undoubtedly, but as a shooter, the best way to get out of a slump is to keep shooting though. his 30 foot bombs were unnecessary.

hold this L
09-04-2016, 10:39 PM
Its crazy how much Curry was in the head of ISH. Why the hate lol? Just be happy Bron won.
They're scared Lebron will never win again after KD moved. For someone as alpha as Bron, dude has the biggest beta set of b*tches that follow him around. :lol Anyone that isn't biased could tell Steph was playing injured to a level that hurt him more than anything, which was his quick movement. I don't mean in the final but in the whole PS. As for the mouth breathing morons who say no one is fit in the play offs, there aren't words to describe how dumb you sound trying to make every scenario be the same. :facepalm

That's why I fear Steph for example will not age as well as an athletic freak of nature like Bron. One is that physically he seems brittle, and two he relies far too much on his movements. They help him get open, dance on people and help open up his shooting. Steph also isn't like MJ or Bron who when they aren't good at some aspect in a game, they can still rely on something else. He's just an overwhelming freak of nature offensively that destroys you at offensively to a level above even both of them when he was at his peak at parts last season. He would have averaged 35 if Kerr wasn't subbing him out whenever the games started to get out of hand.

I fear that he won't age as well in the future. I'm curious how he will start this upcoming season though. Would love to see him in the playoffs fit and vs Cavs again. That would be fun to see. :pimp:

Bankaii
09-05-2016, 04:25 AM
Kyrie had an ankle injury, while also drastically affects your movement.
He seemed to have no problem shaking the shit out of Curry and hitting a game winner.

The only people whining about Steph being injured are GSW fans and Bron haters. No one was bitching about injuries in his 1st game back, when everyone was calling him the GOAT.

Stop the excuses. Golden State lost, and Curry choked.

SwayDizzle
09-05-2016, 07:56 AM
curry choked. no excuses. he lost the mental game

Mr Feeny
09-05-2016, 08:28 AM
curry choked. no excuses. he lost the mental game

This. Even SwayDizzle agrees. Shut down this thread.

Annyong!
09-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Still not 100% after 3 months? No wonder the Cavs came back.

SwayDizzle
09-05-2016, 09:26 AM
This. Even SwayDizzle agrees. Shut down this thread.
:lol :lol :applause:

moongaze
09-05-2016, 12:05 PM
Was his brain not 100 percent, also. We need an excuse for having more turnovers than assists. We need Tommy to come up with something :oldlol:

Hey Yo
09-05-2016, 12:17 PM

Cant wait.

Gonna be fun.
The won an NBA title in 1975, plus 2 others in the 40's and 50's.

Hey Yo
09-05-2016, 12:20 PM
He's only injured when he plays bad :lol
Jeff van Gundy wondered the same thing during one of the games. He basically asked:

"why is it that when Curry plays good you hear nothing said about his knee, but when he plays bad, the knee gets brought up?"

hold this L
09-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Kyrie had an ankle injury, while also drastically affects your movement.
He seemed to have no problem shaking the shit out of Curry and hitting a game winner.

The only people whining about Steph being injured are GSW fans and Bron haters. No one was bitching about injuries in his 1st game back, when everyone was calling him the GOAT.

Stop the excuses. Golden State lost, and Curry choked.
Because his injury wasn't as bad as Steph's? Seriously, this logic is fking dumb. Just because people repeat it more and more, doesn't make it true. Some players were more injured than others. And Steph was absolute garbage for 3 quarters in the game he was "back". His movement was still stiff, he pretty much just turned into an inhuman during that 5 minute OT. I've noticed his issues in every single series during the PS last season, and that is his movement.

I agree with you that Steph choked and GSW lost, props to Lebron/Kyrie and the Cavs. I've never taken that away from them, esp since the previous year Kyrie and Love were injured which like this year with Steph, Bogut, Iggy and Green suspension it tipped the Cavs. Shit happens and you gotta deal with it.

SamuraiSWISH
09-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Jeff van Gundy wondered the same thing during one of the games. He basically asked:

"why is it that when Curry plays good you hear nothing said about his knee, but when he plays bad, the knee gets brought up?"
JVG keeps it real. And it's true. It was a minor knee sprain that doesn't take long to recover from.

MCL wasn't a problem the last 2 games of the Thunder series. Wasn't a problem against Portland, "I'm Back." Wasn't a problem planting, twisting, and leaping for 360 dunks in warm ups.

In the Finals everyone is banged up. It's the 9th month of the season. He was still out there, no excuses. Especially not moths after the fact. That's just poor sportsmanship. Like the Cavs title didn't count.

Cleveland wasn't doing that all last season talking about how 2 of their 3 best players were gone for an entire series basically.

I swear with the pompous attitude. The dancing. The three point gimmick cheesing. The throwing of mouth guards at fans. An annoying wife that doesn't know her place. The baboon dick pic showing thug Draymond, the arrogance of caveman face Klay Thompson. And then add the ultimate back stabbing beta coward, with his gay tattoos running to can't beat them join them. The Warriors went from likable baby face, to down right obnoxious heels over the course of one season real quick.

I think they're even more unlikeable than the Heat circa 2011 - 2014.

moongaze
09-05-2016, 12:52 PM
Because his injury wasn't as bad as Steph's? Seriously, this logic is fking dumb. Just because people repeat it more and more, doesn't make it true. Some players were more injured than others. And Steph was absolute garbage for 3 quarters in the game he was "back". His movement was still stiff, he pretty much just turned into an inhuman during that 5 minute OT. I've noticed his issues in every single series during the PS last season, and that is his movement.

I agree with you that Steph choked and GSW lost, props to Lebron/Kyrie and the Cavs. I've never taken that away from them, esp since the previous year Kyrie and Love were injured which like this year with Steph, Bogut, Iggy and Green suspension it tipped the Cavs. Shit happens and you gotta deal with it.

:biggums:

Dude, Kyrie's injury occurred the game before, with little recovery time. Currys occurred in the first round and he had plenty of time to recover. People come back in weeks after surgery with that injury. Currys wasn't even serious enough to require surgery plus he had weeks of rest.

Kyrie's condition definitely was worse than currys going into game 7

Bankaii
09-05-2016, 03:01 PM

Dude had weeks to nurse his injury. He is the only player that got a break through the 1st and 2nd round on the playoffs.

And how do you know the severity of Kyrie's injury. His entire game is built around jerky quick movements, with a busted ankle that had to be extremely hard but he still played through it. Dude had 1-2 days to heal compared to Curry's weeks.

Curry had games where he looked just fine vs both the Blazers and OKC and no one was saying anything about injuries until he started choking.

And stop with the fkn excuses. 2015 is nothing compared to 2016.
Golden State never had Klay/Dray miss the ENTIRE Finals.
In 2016, when Dray got suspended Steph choked and the Warriors lost. When Love missed Game 3 Lebron/Kyrie stepped up and won the game. That's the difference between winners and losers.

GSW fans are pathetic with these excuses. Actually pretending like 2015 is anywhere close to what happened in 2016.:oldlol:

hold this L
09-05-2016, 03:19 PM
Dude had weeks to nurse his injury. He is the only player that got a break through the 1st and 2nd round on the playoffs.

And how do you know the severity of Kyrie's injury. His entire game is built around jerky quick movements, with a busted ankle that had to be extremely hard but he still played through it. Dude had 1-2 days to heal compared to Curry's weeks.

Curry had games where he looked just fine vs both the Blazers and OKC and no one was saying anything about injuries until he started choking.

And stop with the fkn excuses. 2015 is nothing compared to 2016.
Golden State never had Klay/Dray miss the ENTIRE Finals.
In 2016, when Dray got suspended Steph choked and the Warriors lost. When Love missed Game 3 Lebron/Kyrie stepped up and won the game. That's the difference between winners and losers.

GSW fans are pathetic with these excuses. Actually pretending like 2015 is anywhere close to what happened in 2016.:oldlol:
Steph has looked bad with his movement in every single game in the playoffs. Anyways, this is going in circles. He was injured and it affected him more than Kyrie, as shown throughout the series. Hopefully he's fit this year and both teams make the final so he plays how he should and dances on the Cavs. Then you and everyone else can cry afterwards that it's not fair that Durant joined the Warriors.

As of right now, it's 1-1

Bankaii
09-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Steph has looked bad with his movement in every single game in the playoffs. Anyways, this is going in circles. He was injured and it affected him more than Kyrie, as shown throughout the series. Hopefully he's fit this year and both teams make the final so he plays how he should and dances on the Cavs. Then you and everyone else can cry afterwards that it's not fair that Durant joined the Warriors.

1*-1
And there's no evidence Kyrie wasn't as injured as Steph. The only difference is Kyrie is a stud and showed up and Curry choked.

Hopefully 4 top 15 players can take out Lebron/Kyrie.
But then again we all know how Curry does in the Finals.:oldlol:

hold this L
09-05-2016, 03:49 PM
1*-1
And there's no evidence Kyrie wasn't as injured as Steph. The only difference is Kyrie is a stud and showed up and Curry choked.

Hopefully 4 top 15 players can take out Lebron/Kyrie.
But then again we all know how Curry does in the Finals.:oldlol:
Yeah, better than Lebron in 2011 :pimp:

Bankaii
09-05-2016, 03:52 PM
No actually, 2016 Curry is just as bad.
Lebron just choked, Curry choked a 3-1 lead:oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
09-05-2016, 03:52 PM

That was WOAT, but Curry will NEVER have a Finals as good as LeBron's this year, and Curry's Finals this year were legit nearly as bad as LeBron's in 2011

TommyGriffin
09-05-2016, 04:01 PM
In the 2015 Finals Curry scored 26 points per game in 58% True Shooting while seeing constant double teams. I'm a Cavs fan and that 2015 ass whooping is burned into my memory. It's tough but I am man enough to admit it.

Nilocon165
09-05-2016, 04:02 PM
In the 2015 Finals Curry scored 26 points per game in 58% True Shooting while seeing constant double teams. I'm a Cavs fan and that 2015 ass whooping is burned into my memory. It's tough but I am man enough to admit it.
Thats nothing.

Compared to what Lebron has done atleast.

TommyGriffin
09-05-2016, 04:03 PM

He was injured and any sane or non-biased person could see that. That bankai guy is a nerdy troll. I always seem him citing these weird advanced stats to try to discredit Kobe Bryant. I don't even think he is a Cavs fan.

34-24 Footwork
09-05-2016, 04:18 PM
Series tied 1-1. Now it's a fair fight.

Superstar SF vs SF
Superstar PG vs PG

Both teams loaded now.

Nilocon165
09-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Series tied 1-1. Now it's a fair fight.

Superstar SF vs SF
Superstar PG vs PG

Both teams loaded now.
No it's not you moron.

Lebron was missing his 2nd and 3rd option and still managed to pull off 2 wins

Now the Warriors have KD, the second best player in the league.

Kyrie may have burned Curry but he's not a superstar. Those are guys that should be able to atleast get their team close to the playoffs without Lebron James.

Having 73 wins and going to 7 games in the finals and KD suddenly makes their team good enough for it to be fair?

**** outta here.

34-24 Footwork
09-05-2016, 04:29 PM
No it's not you moron.

Lebron was missing his 2nd and 3rd option and still managed to pull off 2 wins

Now the Warriors have KD, the second best player in the league.

Kyrie may have burned Curry but he's not a superstar. Those are guys that should be able to atleast get their team close to the playoffs without Lebron James.

Having 73 wins and going to 7 games in the finals and KD suddenly makes their team good enough for it to be fair?

**** outta here.

Kyrie just locked up the 2x MVP and took a massive shit on him in the finals.

Kyrie is DEFINITELY a superstar.

Like i said. This is gonna be fun.

Bron vs KD
Steph vs Uncle Drew

Fans should be happy. Cheer up.

Annyong!
09-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Kyrie may have burned Curry but he's not a superstar.
He is absolutely a superstar. He averaged 25 for the playoffs and upped it to 27 in the Finals, including the dagger 3.

Nilocon165
09-05-2016, 04:31 PM
He is absolutely a superstar. He averaged 25 for the playoffs and upped it to 27 in the Finals, including the dagger 3.
He had one of the best 2nd option playoff/final performances I've ever seen and he's my second favorite player.

It's still stupid to act like he's on KD/Lebron/Currys level though.

34-24 Footwork
09-05-2016, 04:37 PM
He had one of the best 2nd option playoff/final performances I've ever seen and he's my second favorite player.

It's still stupid to act like he's on KD/Lebron/Currys level though.

Drops a smooth 57 on Khawi.....not a superstar though.

:lol

Free your mind bro. Kyrie is probably the most complete scorer in the game after KD...especially for his size.

Hes not in that discussion because you guys dont want him in it.

This should be fun. No more bron vs iggy (lol). Bron vs KD.

Nilocon165
09-05-2016, 04:44 PM
Drops a smooth 57 on Khawi.....not a superstar though.

Free your mind bro. Kyrie is probably the most complete scorer in the game after KD...especially for his size.

Hes not in that discussion because you guys dont want him in it.

This should be fun. No more bron vs iggy (lol). Bron vs KD.
Fine.

Call him a superstar.

Call him whatever you want.

I still don't think he's on Durant/Lebron level though.

I'm an actual Cavs fan who's watched him for years, and you're a Kobe Stan doing everything he can to ensure in his mind that Lebron has the most help.

Look at his numbers before Lebron came. Never even got over 22.5 ppg. Lebron is the reason he's playing at such a high level and he wouldn't have even gotten those insane numbers in the playoffs if Lebron didn't get him there.

FreezingTsmoove
09-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Fine.

Call him a superstar.

I'm an actual Cavs fan who's watched him for years, and you're a Kobe Stan doing everything he can to ensure in his mind that Lebron has the most help.

Look at his numbers before Lebron came. Never even got over 22.5 ppg. Lebron is the reason he's playing at such a high level and he wouldn't have even gotten those insane numbers in the playoffs if Lebron didn't get him there.

Ok but now Lebrons here and hes playing like a superstar....

Why are you trying to diminish his accomplisments based on what he couldnt do before Lebron

TommyGriffin
09-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Nilocon stop downplaying Kyrie to prop up LeBron. It is embarrassing. It just makes you look like a ****ing troll.

Nilocon165
09-05-2016, 04:49 PM
Wtf is wrong with you fcking people?

I love Kyrie. I've watched nearly every game of his career and he shit on Curry in the finals.

I'm simply stating that 24-34 Footwork saying that Durant "leveled the playing field" and "made it fair" is fcking bullshit

34-24 Footwork
09-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Fine.

Call him a superstar.

Pure bullshit. Could easily make the argument that Kyrie carried the scoring load for the Cavs throughout the entire playoffs.

And Kobe is done. Just stop.

Westbrook and Kyrie represent a mentality that I enjoy to watch on the basketball court.

And if your "2nd option" can hang 57 on the reigning 2x defensive player of the year, maybe he deserves superstar status. If he can lock up reigning 2x MVP and score on him at will, maybe he deserves superstar status.

You're not objective at all....and seems like you're in your feelings..

RRR3
09-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Kyrie Irving played like a superstar in the finals for sure. He's never been remotely on the level of true superstars (LBJ, Kobe, Wade, KD, prime D12, CP3, Curry, WB, Duncan, KG, Dirk, Shaq, etc etc), though, so it's pretty hilarious to call him a superstar.

34-24 Footwork
09-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Wtf is wrong with you fcking people?

I love Kyrie. I've watched nearly every game of his career and he shit on Curry in the finals.

I'm simply stating that 24-34 Footwork saying that Durant "leveled the playing field" and "made it fair" is fcking bullshit

You gotta put the 34 before the 24 or else my username doesn't make sense.

Nilocon165
09-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Pure bullshit. Could easily make the argument that Kyrie carried the scoring load for the Cavs throughout the entire playoffs.

And Kobe is done. Just stop.

Westbrook and Kyrie represent a mentality that I enjoy to watch on the basketball court.

And if your "2nd option" can hang 57 on the reigning 2x defensive player of the year, maybe he deserves superstar status. If he can lock up reigning 2x MVP and score on him at will, maybe he deserves superstar status.

You're not objective at all....and seems like you're in your feelings..
You have awful reading comprehension.

34-24 Footwork
09-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Kyrie Irving played like a superstar in the finals for sure. He's never been remotely on the level of true superstars (LBJ, Kobe, Wade, KD, prime D12, CP3, Curry, WB, Duncan, KG, Dirk, Shaq, etc etc), though, so it's pretty hilarious to call him a superstar.

Khawi ate Bron for breakfast in 2014 finals.

Kyrie smoked at humble fakkit for 57 the next season.

Not a superstar, doe.

RRR3
09-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Kyrie carried the scoring load for the Cavs so much he got outscored by his own teammate.

Nilocon165
09-05-2016, 04:55 PM
I feel like you're the only person here who gets what I'm trying to say.

RRR3

Not a superstar, doe.
LeBron was scoring really easily in the 2014 finals so not sure what you're talking about.

34-24 Footwork
You have awful reading comprehension.

Something we can agree on :cheers:

34-24 Footwork
09-05-2016, 04:56 PM
LeBron was scoring really easily in the 2014 finals so not sure what you're talking about.

Lol. Scoring easily = waiting until he's playing against the spurs 3rd string and down by 25

:lol :lol

RRR3
09-05-2016, 04:57 PM
I feel like you're the only person here who gets what I'm trying to say.
I don't want to hate on Kyrie, because then I get lumped in with morons like JT and Dubeta, but his stats aren't any better than Isaiah Thomas or Kemba Walker. Yeah, of course I'd rather have Kyrie, I'm just saying a true superstar should blow Thomas and Walker out of the water.

RRR3
09-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Lol. Scoring easily = waiting until he's playing against the spurs 3rd string and down by 25

:lol :lol
There wasn't much LeBron could do that series. Wade was horrendous (injured IIRC so certainly understandable), Bosh was trash, and the role players were also awful, including Chalmers, who was often the 4th leading scorer for the big 3 Heat.

34-24 Footwork
09-05-2016, 05:00 PM
Playoff totals:

Lebron the GOAT: 552 points

Kyrie the DISPOSABLE SCRUB: 530 points.

RRR3
09-05-2016, 05:01 PM
"Kyrie isn't a superstar"="Kyrie is a disposable scrub"

Mamba math.

Mr Feeny
09-05-2016, 05:03 PM

Not a superstar, doe.

That's interesting because LeBron's 2014 finals was a better finals than any finals Kobe has ever played.
So if that's being eaten for breakfast, I wouldn't want to venture a guess as to what adjective we ought to use to describe Kobe.

34-24 Footwork
09-05-2016, 05:03 PM
There wasn't much LeBron could do that series. Wade was horrendous (injured IIRC so certainly understandable), Bosh was trash, and the role players were also awful, including Chalmers, who was often the 4th leading scorer for the big 3 Heat.

If i was Lebron, I'd probably try to score on Khawi to demoralize him and his impact on the court as opposed.

Then I'd actually play some defense against him and not let Leonard shoot 60% in the last 3 games.

34-24 Footwork
09-05-2016, 05:04 PM
That's interesting because LeBron's 2014 finals was a better finals than any finals Kobe has ever played.
So if that's being eaten for breakfast, I wouldn't want to venture a guess as to what adjective we ought to use to describe Kobe.

Kobe is trash. I thought we crossed this bridge already, Mr Feeny.

Mr Feeny
09-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Playoff totals:

Lebron the GOAT: 552 points

Kyrie the DISPOSABLE SCRUB: 530 points.

1- strawman
2- basketball if more than just scoring
3- Lebron became the first player in history to lead both teams in EVERY single category.

Not only was he the best scorer during the finals,he was the best playmaker among both teams. Best rebounder. Best shot blocker and best defender period.

Mr Feeny
09-05-2016, 05:05 PM
Kobe is trash. I thought we crossed this bridge already, Mr Feeny.

Glad you admit that:lol

34-24 Footwork
"Kyrie isn't a superstar"="Kyrie is a disposable scrub"

Mamba math.

Lol. You used to be a good poster. What happened, bruh?

RRR3
Ridiculous to even say "if I was LeBron". LeBron definitely could have gone more all out that series, but they clearly weren't going to win.

RRR3
09-05-2016, 05:06 PM
You dumped Kobe for Kyrie? LOL Kobe is twice the player Kyrie ever will be.

34-24 Footwork
09-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Ridiculous to even say "if I was LeBron". LeBron definitely could have gone more all out that series, but they clearly weren't going to win.

We agree to disagree once again.

Sidebar: you and feeny make a great team in these types of discussions.

34-24 Footwork
09-05-2016, 05:09 PM
You dumped Kobe for Kyrie? LOL Kobe is twice the player Kyrie ever will be.

I dont "dump" players. Weird concept. I like Kyrie because of his unpredictably and scoring style. Like him since duke.

RRR3
09-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I'm not teaming up with feeny. I give Kobe waaaaaaaaay more credit than he ever will for instance.

FireDavidKahn
09-06-2016, 09:25 AM
Stephanie is right, he wasn't mentally 100%. LBJ made him his bitch.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
09-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Stephanie is right, he wasn't mentally 100%. LBJ made him his bitch.
:lol :lol What have the Timbs won.:lol :lol

Dro
09-06-2016, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=FreezingTsmoove]:eek: :eek: :eek:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/09/03/stephen-curry-on-finals-i-wasnt-100-percent-but-who-cares/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs&yptr=yahoo

It was obvious at points in the playoffs that Stephen Curry was not 100 percent healthy. He slipped on a wet spot on the floor in Houston, sprained his right knee, missed some time, and was not quite right the rest of the way. He still had monster games and stretches of elite play (that

riseagainst
09-06-2016, 01:58 PM
this guy is such an embarrassment. He choked. Straight and simple.

Dro
09-06-2016, 05:51 PM
Saying you are back doesn't really indicate that you are 100% healthy. It is just saying that you have returned from absence. As for the 360 dunk think. I read somewhere that the MCL effects quick lateral movements while changing direction, this doesn't really come into play during a dunk.
Lol, I've had tons of knee injuries, you're not doing a 360 dunk. Knee injuries also affect your ability to jump OFF of it.....Not getting on you, I'm just speaking from personal experience...You can barely get up for a rebound, let alone dunk...

TommyGriffin
09-06-2016, 05:56 PM
Lol, I've had tons of knee injuries, you're not doing a 360 dunk. Knee injuries also affect your ability to jump OFF of it.....Not getting on you, I'm just speaking from personal experience...You can barely get up for a rebound, let alone dunk...
What type of knee injuries?

Dro
09-06-2016, 06:02 PM
What type of knee injuries?
Personally? I've had them all....Torn MCL's, torn ACL, broken kneecap and your average sprain. The broken kneecap was EASILY the most painful one that the one that had me on crutches the longest. Believe it or not, I've never had actual surgery or anything because I can't afford it and I've recently only gotten health coverage through my job. I assume that would cover it now but I don't play ball anymore for fear of always hurting my knees..I've always had knee issues probably starting around 7th grade...

I would mess up my knee, then get right back up and keep playing so that much IS true. You can keep playing but you pay for it later and it leads to a deterioration of your knees...When I was younger, I would hurt/sprain my knees all the time, both of them but never though much of it because I would get back up and play. Sometimes Id have to wait a while to play again, sometimes I could get right back up and run. I would always just test to see if I could run and move laterally...There's nothing like knee injuries Ill tell you. I've never had an ankle or a leg injury....

Duncan21formvp
09-06-2016, 10:38 PM
Agreed

Cali Syndicate
09-06-2016, 10:46 PM
:lol :lol What have the Timbs won.:lol :lol

He's just mad that the wolves drafted Rubio and Flynn instead of Curry.

BedroomBully
09-07-2016, 12:13 AM
I keep telling this mut the same thing. MCL injury DOES NOT ONLY AFFECT YOUR LATTERAL MOBILITY! It also affects your jumping ability and other. You cant do a 360 dunk if you have a legit injury.

Jasper
09-07-2016, 11:54 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7MSh8zPpv8

RedBlackAttack
09-07-2016, 01:39 PM
One huge thing that separated the Cavs from the Thunder for Curry was that the Thunder had hiding spots all over their rotation for Curry so that he could conserve energy and retain his focus for the offensive end. They could slide him over to Waiters, Roberson or even Ibaka if necessary.

The Thunder were content with using WB or Durant to attack and then abusing the Dubs on the boards. That was a successful strategy for the first four games, but it didn't do much to physically drain Curry.

The Cavs played more of a long game.

Kyrie completely ate him alive and it straight-up wore him out. Even after the Warriors conceded that Klay Thompson would be the cross-match on Irving, the Cavs would methodically seek Curry out and scratch and claw to get him switched onto either Kyrie or LeBron. Hell, we saw exactly that on Kyrie's series-ending shot.

Even JR Smith and Shump were going at Curry off the dribble. That wasn't by accident. They were wearing him out.

Then, on the other end, they would defend him as physically as the officials would allow ... and he didn't like it.

TBH, Curry looked like the same guy we saw in the 2015 Finals. An honest to goodness injured Kyrie Irving playing at around 80% arguably out-played him in Game 1, and then even Delly did some work until he and the team totally ran out of gas... which happens when you're playing on a 6-man rotation.

I think the Cavs are a particularly tough matchup for Curry and they've figured out ways to make him less effective over the course of a series. And, they do it with constant, intense pressure on both ends and never allowing him time to rest physically or mentally.

Obviously, that will be more difficult now that they've added the second best player in the league to their roster.

CarlosBoozer
09-08-2016, 01:19 AM
The NBA finals is like a UFC bout, the fighters train everyday for months to prepare for a fight and they are never 100% physically once the main event starts. That's why the greatest fighters or basketball players have an insane mental focus, your body can only provide so much effort that it comes down to how much you really want to win or fight once the light shines on you.

Achilleas
09-08-2016, 03:47 AM
i only miss 3 games of the gsw last year,and there in no way that steph i saw in the regular season was same in the playoffs after the injury

in every sport if you don't have energy you lose focus and make silly mistakes

AirBonner
09-08-2016, 04:42 AM
i only miss 3 games of the gsw last year,and there in no way that steph i saw in the regular season was same in the playoffs after the injury

Losing energy is not an injury. He simply under performed. Any REAL nba star wouldn't make such a pathetic excuse and would own up to it.

Lebron23
09-08-2016, 05:01 AM

He said he was 100%. NBA Finals is more physical than the regular season. Curry just sucks in the NBA Finals.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
09-08-2016, 04:43 PM
One huge thing that separated the Cavs from the Thunder for Curry was that the Thunder had hiding spots all over their rotation for Curry so that he could conserve energy and retain his focus for the offensive end. They could slide him over to Waiters, Roberson or even Ibaka if necessary.

The Thunder were content with using WB or Durant to attack and then abusing the Dubs on the boards. That was a successful strategy for the first four games, but it didn't do much to physically drain Curry.

Kyrie completely ate him alive and it straight-up wore him out. Even after the Warriors conceded that Klay Thompson would be the cross-match on Irving, the Cavs would methodically seek Curry out and scratch and claw to get him switched onto either Kyrie or LeBron. Hell, we saw exactly that on Kyrie's series-ending shot.

Even JR Smith and Shump were going at Curry off the dribble. That wasn't by accident. They were wearing him out.

Then, on the other end, they would defend him as physically as the officials would allow ... and he didn't like it.

TBH, Curry looked like the same guy we saw in the 2015 Finals. An honest to goodness injured Kyrie Irving playing at around 80% arguably out-played him in Game 1, and then even Delly did some work until he and the team totally ran out of gas... which happens when you're playing on a 6-man rotation.

I think the Cavs are a particularly tough matchup for Curry and they've figured out ways to make him less effective over the course of a series. And, they do it with constant, intense pressure on both ends and never allowing him time to rest physically or mentally.

Obviously, that will be more difficult now that they've added the second best player in the league to their roster.

:facepalm You're such a homer. You're a mod have some shame .

Have fun with the only ring Clevland will win in the next 50 years.

Real Cavs Fan
09-08-2016, 05:21 PM

http://a.fod4.com/misc/rambo%20original.gif

hold this L
09-08-2016, 06:55 PM

This would make sense if Steph wasn't poor in the first two games. It's not like he got progressively worse over time because of how much the Cavs hurt him by constantly pressuring him. OKC did the exact same thing but to a slightly lesser degree, and he had his best games games 5-7. Cavs did the same thing last year to a lesser degree again and he got progressively better during the series (but yes, they got tired, that's the only reason Steph got better :lol)

Truth is he was hurt and he chocked. Hopefully he is fit this entire upcoming PS, and then I'm going to enjoy seeing what the pseudo experts in here will come up with when he tears teams to shreds. This is something some guy said on TV that since Steph is injury prone that he will definitely play bad over time if you pressure him constantly, and everyone with a keyboard has turned into an expert by spewing the same narrative.

He said he was 100%. NBA Finals is more physical than the regular season. Curry just sucks in the NBA Finals.
He was fantastic in the finals last year, or did you run away from the forum and didn't bother watching the games like this final when it looked like the Warriors would take it?

TommyGriffin
09-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Curry did not suck in the 2015 Finals. Here is an old post I dug up from warriorfan.

Steph Curry's 2015 Final Stats - 26/5/6/2/ 58% TS

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/4bYYPLGiZavZr6odQMT2_61HGAc=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3783750/warriorsball.0.gif

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/55785bd86da811a06574389c/draymond%20miss%201.gif

https://espngrantland.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/game-3-4.gif

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/557856666bb3f7950ef731a9/stephen%20curry%203.gif

Most 4th Quarter Points during the Finals

1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
1993 Michael Jordan 10.3

2015 Steph Curry had one of the most clutch performance in NBA history. The only player to score more 4th Quarter Finals points than Steph Curry was Shaquille Oneal, and he didn't even score one point more than Curry while Curry scored 14% more efficiently than Shaquille.

AirBonner
09-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Why is this thread stickied? :facepalm

!@#$%Vectors!@#
09-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Stickied because RBA is a shameless homer lol

Hey Yo
09-08-2016, 09:24 PM
You.......calling someone else shameless?

:oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
09-08-2016, 10:00 PM
He was fantastic in the finals last year, or did you run away from the forum and didn't bother watching the games like this final when it looked like the Warriors would take it?

:roll: Fantastic? Dude had one great game in the 2015 Finals, one horrendous game, and was decent at best the rest of the series

TommyGriffin
09-09-2016, 06:51 AM
:roll: Fantastic? Dude had one great game in the 2015 Finals, one horrendous game, and was decent at best the rest of the series
How do you average 26/5/6/2/ on 58% TS while getting double teamed if you only had a decent series? This doesn't really make sense.

SilkkTheShocker
09-09-2016, 11:55 AM
3-1 lead and they blew it. GS has no legit excuses for this loss.

SilkkTheShocker
09-09-2016, 11:56 AM

These Warriors fans are still crying. :lol :oldlol:

Lebron23
09-09-2016, 01:27 PM
This would make sense if Steph wasn't poor in the first two games. It's not like he got progressively worse over time because of how much the Cavs hurt him by constantly pressuring him. OKC did the exact same thing but to a slightly lesser degree, and he had his best games games 5-7. Cavs did the same thing last year to a lesser degree again and he got progressively better during the series (but yes, they got tired, that's the only reason Steph got better :lol)

Truth is he was hurt and he chocked. Hopefully he is fit this entire upcoming PS, and then I'm going to enjoy seeing what the pseudo experts in here will come up with when he tears teams to shreds. This is something some guy said on TV that since Steph is injury prone that he will definitely play bad over time if you pressure him constantly, and everyone with a keyboard has turned into an expert by spewing the same narrative.

Against a guy who's not even a starter in the NBA. He was humiliated and owned by a healthy Kyrie Irving last season.

xxm4
09-10-2016, 11:01 AM
Please see my drawings at

https://www.amazon.com/Last-Minutes-2016-NBA-Finals-ebook/dp/B01JH1LIIA/

Axe
09-03-2021, 01:45 AM
Blowing a 3-1 lead in the finals after announcing this was legendary.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3oEjHZKRgiZXYmVVbq/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95297af38abcb08c1a34e131e628c26 7dfae9876c1f&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Gohan
09-03-2021, 09:30 AM
Iverson replaces curry in the finals and they whoop the cavs

3ba11
09-03-2021, 09:49 AM

Curry just needed to play like he did in the regular season - no one was touching that - but instead, he played poorly so Kyrie's caliber significantly exceeded him.

Imagine if Pippen destroyed MVP Mallone - how could the Bulls lose?... That's what happened to the Cavs

Axe
09-03-2021, 10:14 AM
:cheers:

3ba11
09-03-2021, 10:24 AM

How about Devin Booker?

08' Paul Pierce?

Dirk?

Dwight?

It doesn't take much to beat Lebron, but pippen stats from curry wasn't going to get it done