PDA

View Full Version : Cavs Vs Warriors Finals Don't Even Feel Like They're About the Teams

Nilocon165
09-04-2016, 06:16 PM
It's basically just like "How can Lebron overcome the odds this time?"

2015 was pretty much "How can Lebron win without his 2nd and 3rd option gone?"

2016 was "How can Lebron overcome the odds by beating a 73 win team down 3-1"

Now 2017 will be "If Lebron pulls this off against the stacked Durant Warriors, is he the GOAT?"

No agenda here, just saying it's crazy how we have these 2 historically great teams, and all anyone seems to care about is Lebron.

Just greatness I guess though...

TheWinningFam
09-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Its even deeper than that,

Cavs vs warriors is basically lebron trying to save the NBA from this new era soft ass 3 point chucking that the warriors have been doing.

jstern
09-04-2016, 06:21 PM

Cavs vs warriors is basically lebron trying to save the NBA from this new era soft ass 3 point chucking that the warriors have been doing.
Exactly.

Cone
09-04-2016, 06:22 PM

haha. the ****in TRUTH baby

Lebrons last 2 finals gave him the biggest legacy boost ever. Unreal statline. Unreal performances. Unreal accomplishment.

And it will happen AGAIN.

Thank you warriors for pushing LeBron into the top 3 this easily with his 3 rings. Without them, it would have taken Lebron 4-5 rings to get there.

LeBron to me is #2 all time. You give him this year. This year. All things considered. He is offically neck and neck with MJ. As in, no matter what, if someone calls MJ the goat, it's just preference over Lebron. If you say LeBron is the GOAT, its just preference over MJ.

AirBonner
09-04-2016, 06:22 PM

This.

RedBlackAttack
09-04-2016, 08:20 PM
It's basically just like "How can Lebron overcome the odds this time?"

2015 was pretty much "How can Lebron win without his 2nd and 3rd option gone?"

2016 was "How can Lebron overcome the odds by beating a 73 win team down 3-1"

Now 2017 will be "If Lebron pulls this off against the stacked Durant Warriors, is he the GOAT?"

No agenda here, just saying it's crazy how we have these 2 historically great teams, and all anyone seems to care about is Lebron.

Just greatness I guess though...
It's almost as if he doesn't have a teammate who averaged 27+ points in The Finals and 30 on 53/52/100 splits in their last three games after falling behind 1-3.

LeBron is an amazing player, but he sure as hell isn't doing it by himself.

TheWinningFam
09-04-2016, 08:29 PM
It's almost as if he doesn't have a teammate who averaged 27+ points in The Finals and 30 on 53/52/100 splits in their last three games after falling behind 1-3.

Kyrie was able to average this because lebron drew more defensive attention, Without lebron the cavs don't even make the playoffs, Instead they beat 73-9 warriors after being down 3-1 thats GOAT impact.

Nilocon165
09-04-2016, 08:32 PM

I'm not arguing anything. I'm simply saying that the narratives and media make it feel like it's all about lebron rather than the teams competing.

Meticode
09-04-2016, 08:46 PM

Irving doesn't get mentioned enough, but hte reason Irving is put into that position is because of the attention LeBron commands. Irving just excelled in his role and accepted it. Hopefully after reading an article a few days ago Love is ready to do the same. Sometimes the team will need him to score 25 points, sometimes rebound and defend like he did in game 7.

TommyGriffin
09-04-2016, 08:48 PM

OP is a troll.

KiiiiNG
09-04-2016, 08:53 PM

No other PG in the world is capable of that stat-line in the finals. Unbelievable performance. Thoroughly outplayed and embarrassed the unanimous MVP while being 4 years younger with less finals experience.

Some guys are just made for the finals... their styles.. their mentalities... the finals really highlight and expose who the true alphas are. Irving was made to play like a beast under those conditions. Beta Steph who chucks 3's in a system, was made to get shit on under those conditions... because he's too weak to earn points with physical toughness and too much of a choker to stay calm and actually hit the few open looks he got.

MONSTER

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-z6SDcpAYxx8/V2hg7n9jR-I/AAAAAAABL5Y/_vPtfgVu1OcobKkAI1Tg_U3ROKwQZdXwQ/w602-h338/Kyrie%2BIrving%2BStep%2BBack%2BNBA%2BFinals%2BShot %2BScience.gif

http://i.giphy.com/xT8qBd0tFdFV7l0gr6.gif

eeeeeebro
09-04-2016, 10:24 PM
nothing to do with draymond getting suspended at all ;)

Inferno
09-04-2016, 11:26 PM
Kyrie was able to average this because lebron drew more defensive attention, Without lebron the cavs don't even make the playoffs, Instead they beat 73-9 warriors after being down 3-1 thats GOAT impact.

Kyrie shit on us, shut the **** up :oldlol:

34-24 Footwork
09-04-2016, 11:59 PM
Never seen someone rise to the occasion like Kyrie did. Putting on an offensive exhibition and a show for the fans.

Kyrie is amazing and was definitely the offensive spark that the Cavs needed to get everyone else involved.

RRR3
09-05-2016, 12:14 AM
Never seen someone rise to the occasion like Kyrie did. Putting on an offensive exhibition and a show for the fans.

Kyrie is amazing and was definitely the offensive spark that the Cavs needed to get everyone else involved.
Never? :biggums:

34-24 Footwork
09-05-2016, 12:34 AM
Never? :biggums:

You and several other bran stans were just suggesting a year ago that Kyrie is disposable and tradeable. He's a ball hogging, defensive liability that needs to be traded if the Cavs lose.

They god, like always, you guys weren't correct in your assessments of players.

RRR3
09-05-2016, 12:40 AM
You and several other bran stans were just suggesting a year ago that Kyrie is disposable and tradeable. He's a ball hogging, defensive liability that needs to be traded if the Cavs lose.

They god, like always, you guys weren't correct in your assessments of players.
Find me one post where I said Kyrie was "disposable". Every player in the league is tradeable FYI, including LeBron and Curry.

I don't see why you started melting down about what I supposedly said about Kyrie in the past. All I did was express doubt you've never seen anyone impose their will at a similar level. Hardly an absurd statement, especially since you claim to have watched peak Shaquille O'Neal.

34-24 Footwork
09-05-2016, 01:02 AM
Find me one post where I said Kyrie was "disposable". Every player in the league is tradeable FYI, including LeBron and Curry.

I don't see why you started melting down about what I supposedly said about Kyrie in the past. All I did was express doubt you've never seen anyone impose their will at a similar level. Hardly an absurd statement, especially since you claim to have watched peak Shaquille O'Neal.

Kyrie Put the clamps down on the unanimous 2x MVP while scoring on him effortlessly. Thats something that hasnt been done in NBA history.

Kyrie doesnt take a backseat to anyone. Im just telling you to respect his greatness.

GrapeApe
09-05-2016, 01:23 AM
I get what OP is saying. Not to diminish Irving's contributions, but Lebron's performance in the finals was the biggest single-player storyline in a finals since 2006 Wade. They were similar in a lot of ways. Each player's team was a decided underdog, each had to dig his team out of a deep hole (Wade down 0-2 and trailing by 13 in the 4th quarter of game 3, Lebron down 1-3 with game 5 on the road), and each raised their game to a level that few players in history have ever reached.

Of all the great finals performances in history, those might stand out the most in terms of an individual performance transcending the two teams involved.

bdreason
09-05-2016, 03:10 AM
Easiest strength of schedule in the league. Fewest road back-to-backs in the league. Shortest traveling distance in the league. Weakest Conference in the history of the sport. Highest payroll in the league. How will LeBron ever survive? :bowdown:

And the Cavs showing the league that it isn't all about the 3-ball. While also setting the record for most 3-pointers taken and made in a playoff game. :bowdown:

SwayDizzle
09-05-2016, 08:03 AM
this past finals was all about the teams. the best in the east facing off vs the best in the west. and everyone knew who would make the finals from each conference as soon as the playoffs started. these playoffs were a joke, only the finals were entertaining, and maybe okc vs gsw. it wasn't curry vs lebron like it would've been with kobe vs bron had bronzy made it to the finals then.

Annyong!
09-05-2016, 09:51 AM
:roll:

RRR3
09-05-2016, 04:42 PM
Kyrie Put the clamps down on the unanimous 2x MVP while scoring on him effortlessly. Thats something that hasnt been done in NBA history.

Kyrie doesnt take a backseat to anyone. Im just telling you to respect his greatness.
You're ridiculous lol. You don't even like Kyrie, quit acting like you actually care about him.

TommyGriffin
09-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Easiest strength of schedule in the league. Fewest road back-to-backs in the league. Shortest traveling distance in the league. Weakest Conference in the history of the sport. Highest payroll in the league. How will LeBron ever survive? :bowdown:

And the Cavs showing the league that it isn't all about the 3-ball. While also setting the record for most 3-pointers taken and made in a playoff game. :bowdown:
Ok even as a Cavs fan this made me laugh. :oldlol:

34-24 Footwork
09-05-2016, 05:17 PM
You're ridiculous lol. You don't even like Kyrie, quit acting like you actually care about him.

Kyrie and Damian Lillard are the TWO SMOOTHEST players right now in the game. I love both of them.

Dont hate me for that.

RRR3
09-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Kyrie and Damian Lillard are the TWO SMOOTHEST players right now in the game. I love both of them.

Dont hate me for that.
I like Lillard, and Irving has grown on me. I don't hate you lol.