PDA

View Full Version : 2001-2004 Kings were the most exciting team I've ever seen.

Duderonomy
09-08-2016, 06:55 PM
For those who were too young to follow at that time they were more important than the standings and record books show. Very good team I recommend checking out everything you can about them.

http://youtu.be/vglV2qpoD70

bdreason
09-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Amazing balance of talents. They had shooters, passers, slashers, and post players.

tpols
09-08-2016, 07:59 PM
Amazing balance of talents. They had shooters, passers, slashers, and post players.

they also had sick uniforms and aura about them.

MP.Trey
09-08-2016, 08:01 PM
Definitely a fun team to watch. I'll always have a soft spot for the 07 Warriors with B. Diddy, J-Rich, Captain Jack, Al Harrington, etc. That team was crazy fun to watch, although not as good as the Kings teams in the early 00's.

J Shuttlesworth
09-08-2016, 08:02 PM
****ing loved that team. Peja is one of my all time favorites

InsanityKills
09-08-2016, 08:18 PM
It's a shame they were robbed of a title! :(

One of my favorite teams to watch back then.

FreezingTsmoove
09-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Amazing how Kobe and Shaq used to rip this team to shreads every year

Duderonomy
09-08-2016, 08:23 PM
C-Webb and Divac were incredible passing big men and Peja and Jackson were money from the line.

FatComputerNerd
09-08-2016, 08:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KttDVks6kV8

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-08-2016, 08:28 PM
Phoenix ran uptempo but this team was like the Suns on crack, especially the 01 and 02 squads.

You always hear people whining about Sac trading JDub, but Bibby hit more clutch shots and made them more structured. Williams didn't develop into a "balanced" player until his years in Memphis and later Miami where he was definitely solid.

FatComputerNerd
09-08-2016, 08:34 PM
Bibby was great.

Loved Christie too. He was the back-bone of the team in some ways.

raprap
09-08-2016, 08:49 PM
Loved that team. Vlade is one of my faves all time. Should've won atleast 1 ring

fourkicks44
09-09-2016, 06:45 AM
Phoenix ran uptempo but this team was like the Suns on crack, especially the 01 and 02 squads.

You always hear people whining about Sac trading JDub, but Bibby hit more clutch shots and made them more structured. Williams didn't develop into a "balanced" player until his years in Memphis and later Miami where he was definitely solid.

True.

Bibby was the better player really. J-Dub was more flashy, more fun to watch due to the 'what will he do next' style. But ultimately Bibby made the team better.

ScalsFan21
09-09-2016, 03:00 PM
Loved that team. Vlade is one of my faves all time. Should've won atleast 1 ring

This really is one of the great forgotten teams. I mean, we don't forget it but the average fan doesn't even think about them twice. The difference between being remember (correctly) as an amazing team really is about winning 1 title or not... hence Detroit getting their due credit, and these Sacramento teams being forgotten.

Next time someone should tell Bibby to get out of the way of Kobe's elbow. Maybe then they could've made something happen. :lol

SouBeachTalents
09-09-2016, 03:17 PM
They lost 3 Game 7's in a row to boot

VIP2000
09-09-2016, 08:32 PM
They lost 3 Game 7's in a row to boot

We all remember the controversial 2001-02 WCF, but the 02-03 was a pretty great team too.

But unfortunately, Webber went down in Game 3 of the semifinals, and it still took 7 games for the Mavs to finish them off (who would also go on to be eliminated in 7 games by the Spurs).

RedBlackAttack
09-09-2016, 08:57 PM
For a team that never won a ring, they're actually one of the more talked about teams of the last couple decades. Their passing was way ahead of its time and when you watch them now, they look like a modern-day "space-and-pace" team.

Webber was such a gifted passer, I always thought that was his greatest gift. He had that sixth sense of just being able to slow the game down in his head and read a teammate or opponent's next move.

jbryan1984
09-10-2016, 02:05 AM
They were one of my favorite teams too. Who didn't like them? Probably the best group of guys to never make a finals.

Bosnian Sajo
09-10-2016, 02:12 AM
why is this stickied? lol

egokiller
09-11-2016, 09:52 PM
For those who were too young to follow at that time they were more important than the standings and record books show. Very good team I recommend checking out everything you can about them.

http://youtu.be/vglV2qpoD70

I used to think Doug Christie rasing his hand meant that he wasn't sure if the refs knew that it was him who fouled the guy, and he wanted them to be sure lol. I then found out he was saying hello to his wife by doing that gesture each time. He once signaled to his wife 62 times in one game.

egokiller
09-11-2016, 10:44 PM
Is Peja's air ball 3 the biggest choke shot in the history of a critical shots to potentially win a ring? Refs calling phantom foul on Kobe at the end to keep Kings hopes alive in overtime.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3_XuOFuCdDo

Goofsta Knicca
09-12-2016, 01:05 AM
why is this stickied? lol
Because that team was the SHIT!

swagga
09-12-2016, 12:51 PM
imo that team was years ahead of the NBA in terms of play, with the flexible lineups, the rangy bigs, the tall wings, the spaced out but still use the post game .... to bad they god JOBBED. ... just read tim donaghy's book, it's a fcking goldmine :oldlol:

jstern
09-12-2016, 03:05 PM
I remember Bibby on with Jay Leno after the Lakers series. It was a pretty much an accepted fact that they were robbed. And Jay as an average person was like its OK because they are so talented that they will win it in years to come. And Bibby I believed put this annoyed face. It's a pretty competitive game and I thought, I don't care if my team wins the next 9 championship, I'm always going to be annoyed that we were screwed out of a title.