PDA

View Full Version : What's the GOAT TV Show?

Nilocon165
09-08-2016, 08:21 PM
After I watched Stranger Things, I realized I never actually watched any of the most critically aclaimed shows, so I started Breaking Bad and DAMN this shit is good.

What's the GOAT show tho?

highwhey
09-08-2016, 08:25 PM
http://images.rapgenius.com/11520f264003f97769481acd1378d419.499x260x44.gif

Terahite
09-08-2016, 08:28 PM
The Wire > any other dramatic series

UK Office > any other comedy series

DukeDelonte13
09-08-2016, 08:41 PM
sopranos is up there.

1987_Lakers
09-08-2016, 08:54 PM
The Sopranos and Breaking Bad are the two GOAT shows.

ZeN
09-08-2016, 09:01 PM
Alf

Duderonomy
09-08-2016, 09:04 PM
First two seasons of Prison Break.

Nick Young
09-08-2016, 09:07 PM
1. The Wire
2. Curb Your Enthusiasm
3. Game of Thrones

highwhey
09-08-2016, 09:19 PM
1. The Wire
2. Curb Your Enthusiasm
3. Game of Thrones
You're not such a bad chap after all.

L.Kizzle
09-08-2016, 09:26 PM
Kenan & Kel and Perry Mason.

Bawkish
09-08-2016, 11:39 PM
you have a long way to go my friend

Girls (just kidding :lol)

The Wire (GOAT)

i'd recommend you also to watch these:
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Banshee
Mr. Robot
Justified
The Shield
Sopranos
The Americans
American Crime Story:The People vs. OJ Simpson
Sons of Anarchy
Arrested Development
Archer
Battlestar Galactica
Black Mirror
Sherlock
The Night Of
Hannibal

FKAri
09-09-2016, 12:32 AM
you have a long way to go my friend

Girls (just kidding :lol)

The Wire (GOAT)

i'd recommend you also to watch these:
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Banshee
Mr. Robot
Justified
The Shield
Sopranos
The Americans
American Crime Story:The People vs. OJ Simpson
Sons of Anarchy
Arrested Development
Archer
Battlestar Galactica
Black Mirror
Sherlock
The Night Of
Hannibal

I don't know which to watch between that and OJ: Made in America

Patrick Chewing
09-09-2016, 01:23 AM
Can't explain why so many people enjoyed The Wire.

It was good for about 3 seasons, but it dragged ass after that. Plus the ending was wack and Omar's demise was pathetic.

highwhey
09-09-2016, 01:36 AM
Can't explain why so many people enjoyed The Wire.

It was good for about 3 seasons, but it dragged ass after that. Plus the ending was wack and Omar's demise was pathetic.
so you like happy endings.

i recommend you watch disney movies.

TommyGriffin
09-09-2016, 01:37 AM
I don't even think I got to season 3 on The Wire. Season 1 and 2 were really good though.

Patrick Chewing
09-09-2016, 01:45 AM
so you like happy endings.

i recommend you watch disney movies.

What happy ending?? That whole show was a mountain of despair. Hell, I started smoking crack after Season 3.

My problem is that you're going to build Omar up as this vigilante with this almost mythical aura about him, for him to then go out the way he did?? Come on.

The show made us believe for a couple of seasons that Omar and Marlo were eventually going to go head to head. And they didn't. That's why it's called Drama.

The perfect ending would have been hearing Omar's whistle in the background after Marlo cleared that street corner and was standing there by himself. Then the camera fades to black. The End.

Bless Mathews
09-09-2016, 02:56 AM
The wire is good. But definitely not goat.

Shit got literally corny and barely able to watch when dude startin tying red ribbons on wrists to fake a serial killer?

Anyone that puts that as their goat show, likes cheesey lifetime flicks.

And cbs shows.

Period.

An entire season of that ?

Trash.

iamgine
09-09-2016, 03:00 AM
Generally I think most people can accept Game Of Thrones as the GOAT TV show even if they don't agree.

Bawkish
09-09-2016, 03:01 AM
What happy ending?? That whole show was a mountain of despair. Hell, I started smoking crack after Season 3.

My problem is that you're going to build Omar up as this vigilante with this almost mythical aura about him, for him to then go out the way he did?? Come on.

The show made us believe for a couple of seasons that Omar and Marlo were eventually going to go head to head. And they didn't. That's why it's called Drama.

The perfect ending would have been hearing Omar's whistle in the background after Marlo cleared that street corner and was standing there by himself. Then the camera fades to black. The End.

Omar's story is tragic, you got the sense that he's scourge of the Barksdales or the Stansfields which is true but knowing that living the thug life means your life is always in danger & comes when you least expected.

Bawkish
09-09-2016, 03:06 AM
The wire is good. But definitely not goat.

Shit got literally corny and barely able to watch when dude startin tying red ribbons on wrists to fake a serial killer?

Anyone that puts that as their goat show, likes cheesey lifetime flicks.

And cbs shows.

Period.

An entire season of that ?

Trash.

The last season of The Wire is weakest, and i agree. It didn't exactly go out with a bang like Breaking Bad but i believe it is still the best because of its visual novel approach. It's not for everybody.

Nanners
09-09-2016, 03:43 AM
season 1 of Fargo is my GOAT

andgar923
09-09-2016, 04:14 AM
Homeboys From Outer Space

They had The Baka Boyz!!! How much GOATer can you get???

kurple
09-09-2016, 04:16 AM
The Sopranos and Breaking Bad are the two GOAT shows.
GoT and The Wire >

kurple
09-09-2016, 04:22 AM

This is the real world, not some fantasy land where every character die an magnificent death. I hated it, but the Omar death wasn't poor writing

What I didn't like was the last seasons serial killer/newspaper stuff. But I didn't write it, so it would be foolish to expect or demand that I love everything