PDA

View Full Version : Will Derrick Rose be somewhat like prime rose this season???

Real14
09-08-2016, 11:02 PM
You know he felt some type of way when Chicago dissed him. I think he's motivated to be on that superstar level like he was before. What you think Ish?

J Shuttlesworth
09-08-2016, 11:05 PM
He'll be good in some stretches, but shitty in most. That's how he has been since "the return"

Melo should take some load off him. Hope they get Porzingis enough touches

Real14
09-08-2016, 11:16 PM
He'll be good in some stretches, but shitty in most. That's how he has been since "the return"

Melo should take some load off him. Hope they get Porzingis enough touches
I believe that he would be good in most stretches but we will see. Melo is going to score and rebound well while Zingis is going to have a better season as a sophomore.

PeroAntic
09-08-2016, 11:24 PM
Yes he will.

The main reason why he held back last year is because he saved himself for the contract year.

Also, if he didn't suffer a freak injury to the head in the start of the season, and a couple of random niggles towards the end, he would have probably had a 20/4/6 season on 45% fg. Which is what he will most likely have this season (if not better) and return to the allstar (though not MVP talk).

People will be surprised from DRose and the Knicks this season. Hes still a phenomenal player. Became a lot smarter after the injury. He can pick his spots much better now.

Milbuck
09-08-2016, 11:28 PM
I think he'll be a solid starting point guard. Like 16/4/6 on OK efficiency with decent defense. I think he finally accepts what he can do at this point and plays more like a true point.

Vragrant
09-08-2016, 11:50 PM
This question seems to crop up every year. He's just not that guy anymore, unfortunately.

nathanjizzle
09-09-2016, 04:06 AM
last season he had a 2 week stretch where he was scoring over 20 points a game at 60%. hes gonna be great this season

BigKAT
09-09-2016, 04:31 AM
I hope so.

I'd like to see the Cavs get some interesting competition.
This years Toronto and last years Hawks made me miss the 2014 Pacers.

I mean, you knew they were likely going to lose.
But at least it was entertaining.

I've got my hopes in the C's and Bulls. But New york would be a pleasant surprise.

I'm not rooting for the Cavs to lose or anything but the ECF should be fun to watch. Last two years it was just a warmup.

ralph_i_el
09-09-2016, 07:48 AM
Every time I watched him last year he looked timid until the end of the games. Old Rose was reckless when attacking the hoop, and put that pressure on all game long. That's really what separates his old self from his current self.

He could be an all-star

Knicks could win 50 games even

But I doubt it

LostCause
09-09-2016, 08:04 AM
Rose played far better after his eye injury was behind him and was easily more efficient. Given that he was also playing in a new offense with a new star who demanded the ball, he acclimated well over time

I assume he's going to be in much better shape next season and will have less rust to shake off. He'll still need to learn an even newer roster/offense but as long as he doesn't get injured that should come. I see him being a 16/6/4 guy on about 45 - 46% next season

ralph_i_el
09-09-2016, 09:44 AM
If Rose starts hitting his 3's at a better rate his numbers should skyrocket, because it will be easier to get to the rim when people respect his shot.

Annyong!
09-09-2016, 10:15 AM
Derrick Rosebe?

Sakkreth
09-09-2016, 10:38 AM
His game is based on athleticism and especially quickness. He's older and after injuries. So the answer is simply no.

AirFederer
09-09-2016, 12:36 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/T7lxi4Vh5oHQc/giphy.gif

iBallerPT
09-09-2016, 01:00 PM
As a Knicks fan, I hope so. However, I think he will change his game to become more of a playmaker and relying on his passing and ball handling abilities to set others up for plays rather than his athleticism that he no longer has. Thinking he will be about a 16 and 6.5 or so type of player which is pretty solid

j3lademaster
09-09-2016, 01:44 PM
Let's lay down the facts.

1) Drose is about his money, it's a contract year with the new CBA kicking in. He's 28 to boot so this is probably his last big payday. Even his subhuman IQ can understand this.

2) Drose still has siiiick ability. His athleticism is compromised a little bit, but it's still elite. Who has his quickness and agility in tight spaces? A handful? If that? We'd see flashes of it, he's just not imposing it with reckless abandon like he did in 2011. And as far as skillset goes, his handles and his floater is top knotch. Coupled with decent jumper and floor general abilities, there's no reason this guy can't be elite.

3) He played 66 games last season, and played like a full fledged allstar to wrap up the season. Everyone says the 2nd year back from the injury is where we'll see major improvement.

So I see him putting up some allstar numbers. Maybe not quite his 2011 counterpart, but he's playing his behind off for that next contract barring injury. Believe that.

Papaya Petee
09-09-2016, 01:47 PM
Every year this topic comes up and every year we see how he's a shell of his former self.

The answer is no. It always will be.

Lebron23
09-09-2016, 01:53 PM
Hell No. He's already damaged goods. He can still be a serviceable point guard for the Knicks.

What's Funny is that Rose and his game is more likeable than Curry. Rose ain't bright, but he's not as arrogant as Curry.

ILLsmak
09-10-2016, 12:49 AM
You know he felt some type of way when Chicago dissed him. I think he's motivated to be on that superstar level like he was before. What you think Ish?

prime roast.

-Smak

Bigsmoke
09-10-2016, 09:38 AM
Nah

CTbasketball92
09-10-2016, 10:49 AM
D. Rose can be a 20 points 6 assist player on 44% shooting in my opinion. He's still a great athlete, still very strong, very fast, very good body control. What I've been noticing is that he seems reluctant to jump as high even though he still can, and he doesn't do that diagonal jumping and starting and stopping to get shots off at unique angles anymore. He shot a miserable 51% at the rim this year i think. He just doesnt play as violently any more.