PDA

View Full Version : 2017 & 2018 Hall of Fame Class

L.Kizzle
09-10-2016, 07:12 PM
After last night's ceremony, I was thinking about the next few classes and what NBA are eligible.

2017, no one noteworthy other than Baron Davis is up. So maybe next year, we see a group of player get in who've been overlooked for some time.
Chris Webber
Kevin Johnson
Tim Hardaway
Sidney Moncrief
Ect.

2018 is where it really gets interesting. These are all of the players eligible for induction that year.

Rip Hamilton
Grant Hill
Jason Kidd
Tracy McGrady
Brandon Roy
Jerry Stackhouse
Ben Wallace
Rasheed Wallace

Kidd is probably the only absolute lock here. Hill is a damn near lock. I can see guys like McGrady and Ben Wallace get overlooked for a few years. Hell, George Gervin didn't go in on his first try.

PistonsFan#21
09-10-2016, 07:36 PM
After last night's ceremony, I was thinking about the next few classes and what NBA are eligible.

2017, no one noteworthy other than Baron Davis is up. So maybe next year, we see a group of player get in who've been overlooked for some time.
Chris Webber
Kevin Johnson
Tim Hardaway
Sidney Moncrief
Ect.

2018 is where it really gets interesting. These are all of the players eligible for induction that year.

Rip Hamilton
Grant Hill
Jason Kidd
Tracy McGrady
Brandon Roy
Jerry Stackhouse
Ben Wallace
Rasheed Wallace

Kidd is probably the only absolute lock here. Hill is a damn near lock. I can see guys like McGrady and Ben Wallace get overlooked for a few years. Hell, George Gervin didn't go in on his first try.

Why is Brandon Roy on that list?

L.Kizzle
09-10-2016, 07:39 PM
Why is Brandon Roy on that list?
Because he's eligible for the Hall of Fame?

BigKAT
09-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Because he's eligible for the Hall of Fame?

So is Darko Miličić.

Your point?

But yeah I'm excited about J.Kidd, but other then that, nothing can live up to the AI, Yao and Shaq class in the near future.

L.Kizzle
09-10-2016, 07:47 PM
So is Darko Miličić.

Your point?

But yeah I'm excited about J.Kidd, but other then that, nothing can live up to the AI, Yao and Shaq class in the near future.
Mehmet Okur is eligible but I didn't include him. You include prime time players. Roy was prime time.
Darko never did anything worthwhile in the league. Roy played 4 healthy seasons (6 total) and was an All star three times and all nba twice. Thats more than guys who played 12-15 seasons in the league and are in the HOF.

Bankaii
09-10-2016, 09:01 PM
Is there a time limit on how long you have to wait post-retirement?
If not wouldn't Kobe be guaranteed?

L.Kizzle
09-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Is there a time limit on how long you have to wait post-retirement?
If not wouldn't Kobe be guaranteed?
Have to be retired for 5 seasons, so basically on your sixth season you're eligible. Kobe just played his last game a few months ago. He's automatic, but he got some years to wait.

Bankaii
09-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Have to be retired for 5 seasons, so basically on your sixth season you're eligible. Kobe just played his last game a few months ago. He's automatic, but he got some years to wait.
Gotcha. I don't know all the stipulations for the HOF.

From the OP, I'd say Webber is just as significant as Baron Davis.

BigKAT
09-10-2016, 09:11 PM
Gotcha. I don't know all the stipulations for the HOF.

From the OP, I'd say Webber is just as significant as Baron Davis.

It makes sense, doesn't it?

You have guys making comebacks to the league.

I mean six years is a pretty safe bet that a guy isn't coming back.

Bankaii
09-10-2016, 09:15 PM

Yea I guess I wasn't thinking about that.
Even though tbf, Baron Davis did try to comeback last year and would jump at the 1st contract offered:oldlol:

L.Kizzle
09-10-2016, 09:27 PM

Bob Cousy made a comeback a year before he was elected to the Hall of Fame to boost ticket sales for the team he was coaching.