PDA

View Full Version : Who's better? Wade or Dirk??

Real14
09-10-2016, 08:22 PM
Who u think ISH? I say Dirk is slightly better all time. Why Wade never had a season mvp?

SamuraiSWISH
09-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Easily Wade. Even though he never won MVP, his 2006, 2009, and arguably 2010 and 2011 are better than Dirk's "MVP" season.

Hell, Wade has outplayed him signfiicantly in both their Finals show downs. And was a LeBron quit job away from winning his 2nd championship and Finals MVP over him.

It's no contest.

3x rings to Dirk's pedestrian 1. Nowitzki is just too one dimensional in comparison. Not to mention only plays offense.

TommyGriffin
09-10-2016, 08:28 PM
Easily Wade. Even though he never won MVP, his 2006, 2009, and arguably 2010 and 2011 are better than Dirk's "MVP" season.

Hell, Wade has outplayed him signfiicantly in both their Finals show downs. And was a LeBron quit job away from winning his 2nd championship and Finals MVP over him.

It's no contest.

3x rings to Dirk's pedestrian 1. Nowitzki is just too one dimensional in comparison. Not to mention only plays offense.
Thanks Coach.

Bankaii
09-10-2016, 08:58 PM
2009 Wade is Bette than any Dirk season. The only thing Dirk has on Wade is longevity.

I've never seen a "Knicks fan" get so butt hurt over Kobe threads.
Then again this is the same fgt that was rooting for the Pacers from 2012-14 against Lebron.

derb2k2
09-11-2016, 11:20 AM
Wade, obviously.

lilteapot
09-11-2016, 01:27 PM
OP sucks dick for breakfast

FreezingTsmoove
09-11-2016, 01:33 PM
2009 Wade is Bette than any Dirk season. The only thing Dirk has on Wade is longevity.

I've never seen a "Knicks fan" get so butt hurt over Kobe threads.
Then again this is the same fgt that was rooting for the Pacers from 2012-14 against Lebron.

Dude managed to bring up Kobe and Lebron in a Wade Dirk thread 😂😂😂

Anyway if you look at the win loss record in the finals for these two its 6-6

I would give the edge to Wade because he has 3 rings

iamgine
09-11-2016, 01:42 PM
Dirk is better. He never had a Shaq or a Lebron. His sidekicks were the likes of Jason Terry and Josh Howard. Still the Mavs won 50+ and 60+ for 11 straight seasons.

aj1987
09-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Dirk is better. He never had a Shaq or a Lebron. His sidekicks were the likes of Jason Terry and Josh Howard. Still the Mavs won 50+ and 60+ for 11 straight seasons.
Wade had an elite Shaq for literally one season. If Wade doesn't get injured in the Pistons series, they might've won a ring in '05 as well.

ArbitraryWater
09-11-2016, 02:10 PM
Dirk is greater no contest, better is another question. But this thread is played out. OP himself probably did it for the third time now. What a troll

Bankaii
09-11-2016, 03:20 PM
Dude managed to bring up Kobe and Lebron in a Wade Dirk thread 😂😂😂

Anyway if you look at the win loss record in the finals for these two its 6-6

I would give the edge to Wade because he has 3 rings
Why are you so obsessed with me?

FreezingTsmoove
09-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Why are you so obsessed with me?

Who are you? I was just pointing out how delusional you are

Bankaii
09-11-2016, 03:38 PM
Who are you? I was just pointing out how delusional you are
"Who are you?":oldlol:
The same guy you took the time to google and search random people to associate me with.

What up with dude's on this site thinks their famous or something. You're known as a troll on a forum. Congrats, bud.

Sarcastic
09-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Wade has the better peak/prime but Dirk has better longevity.

Papaya Petee
09-11-2016, 04:20 PM
Here we go,
another 50+ page thread with split opinions on this topic and DMavs vs every Heat fan (even though he likes Wade and is respectful about it)

Let me just cover everything that will be said in this thread.
Wade was better at his peak
Dirk has longevity
Dirk beat Wade who had LeBron
Heat fans will say LeBron choked
Wade beat Dirk after being down 0-2 without HCA
Mav fans will say the refs rigged the series
Dirk was the better shooter
Wade was better defensively
Dirk was less injury prone
Wade could take over games on both ends of the floor
Dirk lost to the 07 Warriors biggest chokejob ever
Wade led a team to 15 wins in 2008

hmmm thats about it really
on that note

Wade

FreezingTsmoove
09-11-2016, 04:36 PM
"Who are you?":oldlol:
The same guy you took the time to google and search random people to associate me with.

What up with dude's on this site thinks their famous or something. You're known as a troll on a forum. Congrats, bud.

Im a known troll 😂😂

Dude I have no idea who you are but just look at the first thing you posted in this thread. That shit is trolling at its finest

Human Error
09-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Dirk and I am a Heat fan. Dirk never had a chance to play with guys who were better than him or who were as good as him.

greatest-ever
09-11-2016, 06:08 PM
I'd take 06, 09 and possibly 10 Wade over any Dirk season. But..the longevity and durabilty edge for Dirk is too large. I'm biased but also objective.

ImKobe
09-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Career-wise it's close, Wade had the luxury of playing with other all-time greats, Dirk won with a bunch of vets on their last legs and only lost to Wade in 2006 because of the rule changes that Wade was able to exploit at the time.

peak-wise it's Wade because of his defense

post-30 it's Dirk easily because he's arguably the GOAT mid-range shooter while Wade is average.

GrapeApe
09-11-2016, 07:01 PM
I'm biased, but I think it's Wade by the slimmest of margins. Both are in the same range in terms of all-time ranking, somewhere in the neighborhood of top 20. This debate has been done to death and I don't feel like doing a thorough breakdown. Each player has an argument for being ranked ahead of the other. I guess it comes down to a matter of personal preference.

Pointguard
09-11-2016, 07:32 PM
Depends on how you word it. If its Wade vs Dirk, you have too say Wade, because he massacred Dirk in his prime. Outscored him by 14 ppg when he turned that series around. But if you phrase it as in the OP its close. I always tend to favor the more versatile player and in this case Wade in his prime was even a step up on Dirk scoring wise anyway. But its close.

pastis
09-11-2016, 07:34 PM
for me its Dirk. But i think its more effective to use the "Tier-ranking" as did user "derivative" in his thread.

Dirk, Malone, Dr. J, Wade, KG, Barkley, Moses etc are in the same tier. An exact ranking is very difficult and imo too subjetctive

Locked_Up_Tonight
09-11-2016, 09:20 PM
This topic hasn't been done to death at all.

In about a month, let's revisit it.

Ben Simmons
09-11-2016, 09:27 PM
Wade and it's not close. In both series I saw very little that would suggest Dirk was as good as Wade.

iamgine
09-11-2016, 09:43 PM
Wade had an elite Shaq for literally one season. If Wade doesn't get injured in the Pistons series, they might've won a ring in '05 as well.
Well Wade had Shaq and Lebron for all of his titles. Non elite Shaq was still much better than Jason Terry and Josh Howard.

Spurs5Rings2014
09-11-2016, 09:57 PM
Well Wade had Shaq and Lebron for all of his titles. Non elite Shaq was still much better than Jason Terry and Josh Howard.

Josh Howard played like an animal and was the best Mavs player in the '07 play offs, Dirk's MVP season on a 67 win team, and they got bounced in the first round. Jason Terry outplayed a prime LeBron in the '11 finals for Dirk to win his one ring. I think it's disingenuous to just list names and not actually tell the whole story with how the players actually played when the chips were down.

Cold soul
09-11-2016, 10:27 PM
Wade was the better player however Dirk had better career based on accomplishments.

Pointguard
09-11-2016, 10:38 PM
Josh Howard played like an animal and was the best Mavs player in the '07 play offs, Dirk's MVP season on a 67 win team, and they got bounced in the first round. Jason Terry outplayed a prime LeBron in the '11 finals for Dirk to win his one ring. I think it's disingenuous to just list names and not actually tell the whole story with how the players actually played when the chips were down.
Well said.