PDA

View Full Version : Worst Coach in the League

BigKAT
09-11-2016, 03:09 PM
Is it Fred Hoiberg?

I'd usually say Randy wittman but he's sacked already, so.

AirBonner
09-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Anyone the Knicks hire

FreezingTsmoove
09-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Brad Stevens is overrated

Real14
09-11-2016, 03:31 PM
Lue is.

Kool Boy
09-12-2016, 01:21 PM
Jim Moran of the Blazers is in my opinion the worst assistant coach in the NBA right now. The reason being his lack of experience and he has a polarizing personality according to his players.

Annyong!
09-12-2016, 01:27 PM
That is a long way from worst though.

Jasper
09-12-2016, 04:17 PM
20 % of votes have to be Kidd...

Playoff's then disappointment .. no playoffs..

His head should be on the blocks this season.

Milbuck
09-12-2016, 05:49 PM
Oh look, another dogshit post by this dude.

FreezingTsmoove
09-12-2016, 07:27 PM
Oh look, another dogshit post by this dude.

The only dog shit is coming from your arse m8 cause you follow me around like a lil lap dog always woofin at every post I make :oldlol:

Go fetch boy I posted another reply on the front page!

J Shuttlesworth
09-12-2016, 07:46 PM
The only dog shit is coming from your arse m8 cause you follow me around like a lil lap dog always woofin at every post I make :oldlol:

Go fetch boy I posted another reply on the front page!
Meltdown

raprap
09-13-2016, 12:08 AM
Lue is.
LeBron won the chip with the worst coach in the league? Damn he's too good

RRR3
09-13-2016, 12:15 AM
LeBron won the chip with the worst coach in the league? Damn he's too good
Real14 (picturedbelow) really doesn't think his posts through :oldlol:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GciAlryj-l0/hqdefault.jpg

BigKAT
09-13-2016, 01:32 AM

Backfired, yup.

clipps
09-13-2016, 02:50 AM

wow

tamaraw08
09-13-2016, 12:54 PM
Is it Fred Hoiberg?

I'd usually say Randy wittman but he's sacked already, so.

Fred didn't look good last season but it's too early to say bec Thibs left his imprint on that "veteran" team as in it's very difficult to teach an old dog with new tricks.
What I do believe is that there are overrated coaches in the league.
1.Jason Kidd had a luxury of great veterans before, now that he has his new TALENTED team at the Bucks, he is struggling?
2.Alvin Gentry had like 7 losing seasons before inheriting the stacked Suns team from D'Antoni, refined his defense,
he then becomes an assistant to a stacked team in GSW, now he is back "head coaching"?

FKAri
09-13-2016, 01:12 PM
Too bad Byron Scott isn't coaching anymore. He was the easy answer to this question.

jayfan
09-13-2016, 01:48 PM
Too bad Byron Scott isn't coaching anymore. He was the easy answer to this question.

Sure seemed that way.

DukeDelonte13
09-13-2016, 02:06 PM
It was Byron Scott.

BigKAT
09-13-2016, 02:30 PM
Or Randy Wittman.

Human Error
09-13-2016, 09:06 PM
Erik Spoelstra. Last season he had a lot of good players in Whiteside, Dragic, Deng, Wade, Bosh(for only half season though), Richardson, McRoberts etc. If Brad Stevens were a coach, they would have been in East Finals.

RedBlackAttack
09-13-2016, 09:55 PM
It's interesting to think about how the coaching carousel works in the NBA and how some of the coaches listed in the "worst" category were once very well respected. Take Byron Scott, for example. He has really become basketball's whipping boy in for good reason, imo.

Scott has an old-school approach to young players and basketball in general that just doesn't seem like a good match, especially on a team full of young, talented players. His instance that the Lakers focus on the midrange game instead of threes or whatever nearly gave the new analytic crowd a collective coronary.

Likewise, his time in Cleveland was fraught with turmoil and perceived underachievement (that was always unfair).

But, this is the same guy who won COY in 2008, helping to turn a 39-win team into a 56-win team. He won a respectable 49 games the next season before being canned. When the Cavs quickly snatched him up, at the time, it was seen almost universally as a major coup.

Before his run in New Orleans, he coached a couple of decent Nets teams to the Finals. I get that the East was bad then, but those Nets rosters were nothing to write home about.

Obviously, he was doing a good job from his Nets years through his time in New Orleans. So, what went wrong in Cleveland and LA? Did the game just pass him by? Were those teams just bad fits for his coaching style?

The word in Cleveland after he left was that he spent as much time on the gold course as he did in the practice facility. So, maybe he stopped caring as much after New Orleans?

What happens to these guys? And, if they landed in the right place at the right time again, could they succeed or has the game passed them by?

I don't believe that Scott just doesn't know anything about basketball. He probably knows far more than anyone on this board. But, I also get why he is criticized so much. His last 4-5 years as a head coach were really bad.

SamuraiSWISH
09-13-2016, 10:00 PM
To be honest, it's usually a black coach.

RedBlackAttack
09-13-2016, 10:21 PM
To be honest, it's usually a black coach.
Here's a not-so-interesting factoid that occurred to me after reading your post...

Ty Lue is the first black head coach to win an NBA Championship since Doc Rivers in 2008.

Here's the list of black coaches to win NBA titles:

Bill Russell, Boston Celtics: 1968, 1969
Al Attles, Golden State Warriors: 1975
Lenny Wilkins, Seattle Supersonics: 1979
KC Jones, Boston Celtics: 1984, 1986
Doc Rivers, Boston Celtics: 2008
Tyrunn Lue, Cleveland Cavaliers: 2016

AirBonner
09-13-2016, 10:21 PM
Jason Kidd is worse than Byron Scott.

RoseCity07
09-14-2016, 05:53 PM
Lue.

moaz
09-15-2016, 11:27 AM
Too bad Avery Johnson isn't coaching anymore. He was the easy answer to this question.

Fixed. (From my Mavs point of view)

SilkkTheShocker
09-15-2016, 11:32 AM

Your posts are beyond cringe-worthy. Are you autistic?

BigKAT
09-15-2016, 11:46 AM
It's interesting to think about how the coaching carousel works in the NBA and how some of the coaches listed in the "worst" category were once very well respected. Take Byron Scott, for example. He has really become basketball's whipping boy in for good reason, imo.

Scott has an old-school approach to young players and basketball in general that just doesn't seem like a good match, especially on a team full of young, talented players. His instance that the Lakers focus on the midrange game instead of threes or whatever nearly gave the new analytic crowd a collective coronary.

Likewise, his time in Cleveland was fraught with turmoil and perceived underachievement (that was always unfair).

But, this is the same guy who won COY in 2008, helping to turn a 39-win team into a 56-win team. He won a respectable 49 games the next season before being canned. When the Cavs quickly snatched him up, at the time, it was seen almost universally as a major coup.

Before his run in New Orleans, he coached a couple of decent Nets teams to the Finals. I get that the East was bad then, but those Nets rosters were nothing to write home about.

Obviously, he was doing a good job from his Nets years through his time in New Orleans. So, what went wrong in Cleveland and LA? Did the game just pass him by? Were those teams just bad fits for his coaching style?

The word in Cleveland after he left was that he spent as much time on the gold course as he did in the practice facility. So, maybe he stopped caring as much after New Orleans?

What happens to these guys? And, if they landed in the right place at the right time again, could they succeed or has the game passed them by?

I don't believe that Scott just doesn't know anything about basketball. He probably knows far more than anyone on this board. But, I also get why he is criticized so much. His last 4-5 years as a head coach were really bad.

Good post. I get your point.

We can say the same about Mike D'atoni. In his suns years he was heralded as a great offensive mind, while the Lakers sacked him pretty early and he was considered bad.

Then again,

Rick Adelman led the Kings to their golden generation, only to be considered a terrible coach with a young wolves team. (Same with Scott, maybe he shouldn't be blamed for failing with a young unexperienced team)