PDA

View Full Version : Who is the next best all around scorer after Kobe?

Real14
09-11-2016, 05:29 PM
K.D? Curry? Irving? Melo? Who u got ISH

bigkingsfan
09-11-2016, 05:32 PM
Not Melo.

RRR3
09-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Kobe isn't an active player, therefore you are implying Kobe is the best all-around scorer of all time. Therefore, you are an idiot and should not be allowed to make threads.

bizil
09-11-2016, 05:41 PM
For guys still in the league, IT HAS to be Melo! Melo dominates scoring in more areas of the court that a KD or Curry. In terms of results, Curry and KD are the best scorers in the world. BUT in terms of the actual scoring skillset, I would give that crown to Melo.

But among PG's, Irving is the best all around scorer. Irving is LITERALLY very good to great in all the facets of scoring. He's more physical than Lillard and Steph. He's a better shooter than Westbrook. Plus Irving arguably has the greatest handles of all time!

Real14
09-11-2016, 05:42 PM
Kobe isn't an active player, therefore you are implying Kobe is the best all-around scorer of all time. Therefore, you are an idiot and should not be allowed to make threads.
I didn't say he was the best dumb ass:biggums:

SamuraiSWISH
09-11-2016, 05:44 PM
Skill set
1) Melo
2) Kyrie

Production
1) KD
2) LeBron
3) Westbrook
4) Harden
5) Curry

RRR3
09-11-2016, 05:44 PM
I didn't say he was the best dumb ass:biggums:

Who is the next best all around scorer after Kobe? ^This implies Kobe is the best all-around scorer (during what time period is unclear as you did not specify). Given that you listed only active players as comparisons, however, perhaps you meant active players. However, as Kobe retired, Kobe cannot be first amongst a list of active players, because he himself is not an active player. Therefore, this list could only be referring to players throughout history, in which case Michael Jordan is clearly a better all-around scorer and you are a complete idiot.

Real14
09-11-2016, 05:54 PM
^This implies Kobe is the best all-around scorer (during what time period is unclear as you did not specify). Given that you listed only active players as comparisons, however, perhaps you meant active players. However, as Kobe retired, Kobe cannot be first amongst a list of active players, because he himself is not an active player. Therefore, this list could only be referring to players throughout history, in which case Michael Jordan is clearly a better all-around scorer and you are a complete idiot.
Ask me next time instead of implying that I mean Kobe is the greatest all around scorer of all time:biggums: Kobe is in my top 4 favorite players of all time but most people here have sense to know that I will never put him number 1 all around scorer of all time man. If he was the best ever on my list, I would of said it in the OP. You just always want to find a way to hate on Kobe that's all.

Real14
09-11-2016, 05:57 PM
Skill set
1) Melo
2) Kyrie

Production
1) KD
2) LeBron
3) Westbrook
4) Harden
5) Curry
I agree except for LeBron. Westbrook is even not great of an all around scorer.

RRR3
09-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Ask me next time instead of implying that I mean Kobe is the greatest all around scorer of all time:biggums: Kobe is in my top 4 favorite players of all time but most people here have sense to know that I will never put him number 1 all around scorer of all time man. If he was the best ever on my list, I would of said it in the OP. You just always want to find a way to hate on Kobe that's all.
Not hating on Kobe, I've spent a lot of my time on ISH today defending him in fact (not because I like Kobe so much as I dislike people being ridiculous which some people are doing by saying Dirk>Kobe). I'm pointing out that your thread doesn't make any sense. No sane person thinks Kobe is the best all-around scorer of all time. Due to your suggestions for the answer to your OP, it seems you were asking amongst active players, which is also ridiculous because Kobe isn't active. I don't see why this is so hard for you to understand.

Real14
09-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Not hating on Kobe, I've spent a lot of my time on ISH today defending him in fact (not because I like Kobe so much as I dislike people being ridiculous which some people are doing by saying Dirk>Kobe). I'm pointing out that your thread doesn't make any sense. No sane person thinks Kobe is the best all-around scorer of all time. Due to your suggestions for the answer to your OP, it seems you were asking amongst active players, which is also ridiculous because Kobe isn't active. I don't see why this is so hard for you to understand.
When I say after Kobe it can also mean that who's next after Kobe not who's the 2nd best. If it's so confusing then why everyone else understand what I'm talking about?:coleman:

RRR3
09-11-2016, 06:09 PM
When I say after Kobe it can also mean that who's next after Kobe not who's the 2nd best. If it's so confusing then why everyone else understand what I'm talking about?:coleman:
:biggums:

ImKobe
09-11-2016, 06:11 PM
KD

SamuraiSWISH
09-11-2016, 06:12 PM
I agree except for LeBron. Westbrook is even not great of an all around scorer.
Production

RRR3
09-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Production
His thread literally doesn't make any sense, as I already have explained. Don't bother with him.

Orlando Magic
09-11-2016, 06:20 PM
:biggums:

What he's trying to say is "Ladies and gentlemen of InsideHoops, now that the great Kobe Bryant has retired, which player will take the title of being the league's best scorer?"

However, he's a dumb ****** with a third grade education and can't express himself properly.

Your reasoning was 100% spot on and I had the exact same thoughts myself.

RRR3
09-11-2016, 06:21 PM
What he's trying to say is "Ladies and gentlemen of InsideHoops, now that the great Kobe Bryant has retired, which player will take the throne and be the leagues best scorer?"

However, he's a dumb ****** with a third grade education and can't express himself properly.

Your reasoning was 100% spot on and I had the exact same thoughts myself.
:cheers:

Real14
09-11-2016, 06:28 PM
KD
Great pick. I think he's just behind Melo but very close.

Cold soul
09-11-2016, 08:23 PM
KD

CTbasketball92
09-11-2016, 09:35 PM
KD has the best combo of skills and production. Curry is the league's best scorer imo, his production last year was crazy. Melo is really the most perfect scorer as far as skillsets, but i don't think he's good enough now to be up there. I think Kyrie is the most skilled, Curry is the best scorer, and KD is the best combo of both. LeBron is honestly the league's third best outright scorer production/efficiency wise if he wants to be.

egokiller
09-11-2016, 09:48 PM
His thread literally doesn't make any sense, as I already have explained. Don't bother with him.

It sounds like your the only one who doesn't get it. He's saying that now that Kobe has retired, who's is next best all around scorer.

raprap
09-11-2016, 10:01 PM
Well, Wade and Melo were when they were in their prime. That's after Kobe right? Current players? Durant is as complete as Kobe maybe even better because of his efficiency. LeBron production wise is better maybe not as skilled as Kobe tho. Curry and Kyrie has been proven to be all around scorers as well. Maybe not as athletic compared to the players i have mentioned above. Harden lacks the mid-range game to be considered imo

Papaya Petee
09-11-2016, 10:06 PM
Well lets see,

To start Kobe was never the best all around scorer. There are multiple guys who averaged higher PPG than Kobe in the regular season, playoffs and finals on higher efficiency. Kobe is also the leader in most missed FGs of all time, and was a very overrated 3 point shooter (what is he a career 34% 3 pt shooter?)

That being said, the answer is quite easily Durant.

FreezingTsmoove
09-11-2016, 10:44 PM
This seems like such a easy question but the league is so freaking weak right now I dont even know

I would give it to Kyrie

FreezingTsmoove
09-11-2016, 10:45 PM
It sounds like your the only one who doesn't get it. He's saying that now that Kobe has retired, who's is next best all around scorer.

Seriously RR3 that was an embarassing meltdown holy shit :roll:

Bankaii
09-11-2016, 10:59 PM
Kobe hasn't been the best all around scorer since like 06/07.

Bankaii
09-11-2016, 11:01 PM
Well lets see,

To start Kobe was never the best all around scorer. There are multiple guys who averaged higher PPG than Kobe in the regular season, playoffs and finals on higher efficiency. Kobe is also the leader in most missed FGs of all time, and was a very overrated 3 point shooter (what is he a career 34% 3 pt shooter?)

That being said, the answer is quite easily Durant.
I'm assuming by all around he meant scoring in an arrangement of ways, and even so Kobe isn't definitively the best.
There's no way he actually thinks Kobe was the best scorer in the league past 2007.

Spurs5Rings2014
09-12-2016, 12:43 AM
I'd say Leonard is up there, as far as raw skill set/shooting. Can score in every way possible and is one of the best 3-point and mid range shooters in the league. The only knock on him is volume, but that's more because of the system he plays in rather than any limitations on him personally.

NBAGOAT
09-12-2016, 01:27 AM

so OP is that why you didn't list Lebron when asking this question? Is it because you have Lebron ahead of Kobe as a scorer so this question doesn't apply to him?