View Full Version : Would Lebron on these teams make them contenders

DaHeezy
09-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Minnesota
Utah
Miluakee
New Orleans
Denver

All have a talented core that are on the cusp of the playoffs. Does Lebron make them all playoff contenders just with addition?

Klay 3D
09-12-2016, 11:19 AM
No. Won't beat Golden State. Only team that he can be on and defeat the Warriors is on the Warriors.

tpols
09-12-2016, 11:47 AM
Utah, New Orleans, and Milwaukee would be contenders.. and he would have his best shot at a ring on the Bucks. Pelicans and Jazz are really damn good, but they aint beating the spurs and warriors back to back. Milwaukee + Bron could just skip through the East, and then have maybe a 40/60 chance at beating golden state or san antonio.

SouBeachTalents
09-12-2016, 11:53 AM
Utah, New Orleans, and Milwaukee would be contenders.. and he would have his best shot at a ring on the Bucks. Pelicans and Jazz are really damn good, but they aint beating the spurs and warriors back to back. Milwaukee + Bron could just skip through the East, and then have maybe a 40/60 chance at beating golden state or san antonio.

This

bigkingsfan
09-12-2016, 11:55 AM
Makes them worse.

JT123
09-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Considering he took a 33 win laughingstock to a title in just 2 years (would have been year 1 if not for injuries) I'd have to say yes. He's THAT good

egokiller
09-12-2016, 12:00 PM
He plays in a weak east conference so I would hope that he would make it to the finals on the bucks.....

Milbuck
09-12-2016, 12:29 PM
A death lineup of

Delly
Middleton
Jabari
Lebron
Giannis

would absolutely slaughter any team in the East. Especially if Jabari brings back the 3ball like it's been reported he will.

Bucks are going to win 42-45 games and make the playoffs as it is. They win 60+ with Lebron, breeze to the finals and honestly, the length/athleticism could give GS a lot of problems.

LostCause
09-12-2016, 12:33 PM
Minnesota
Utah
Miluakee
New Orleans
Denver

All have a talented core that are on the cusp of the playoffs. Does Lebron make them all playoff contenders just with addition?

Denver - No
New Orleans - Depends on Holiday and Davis
Milwaukee - Challengers but not Contenders
Utah - Yes
Minnesota - Will need to add shooters but afterward yes

Honestly, adding 3 and D guys to Minnesota along with the natural growth of their core should make them a very formidable team. Utah is expected to improve pretty substantially simply by adding a stable point guard (George Hill), I predict them to be a 2nd round team this year. Milwaukee I may be underrating but Giannis has a similar style of play to Lebron as far as controlling the offense so that can either boom or bust. New Orleans is too injury prone and lost a great floor spacer in Anderson, Denver is just a no for me

Assuming no roster additiions/subtractions are made other than Lebron, I like these rosters in order:

1. Utah
2. Milwaukee/New Orleans
3. New Orleans/Milwaukee
4. Minnesota
5. Denver

If solid role players are brought in, but no all-stars or things like that, I see it as:

1. Utah
2. New Orleans
3. Minnesota
4. Milwaukee
5. Denver

Though this doesn't account for conferences, just what I believe would make the best team. I suppose accounting for Conferences means Milwaukee gets the automatic nod since he won't have to go through the top heavy West

Milbuck
09-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Also, Utah would shit on the Warriors with Lebron. That roster is ridiculously deep with good talent, if they stay healthy they're going to win 50+ IMO this year on depth of talent and balance alone. The only reason they're not contenders already is they lack a true star offensively...and you're giving them Lebron fking James :oldlol:

George Hill / Dante Exum / Shelvin Mack
Rodney Hood / Alec Burks / Chris Johnson
Lebron James / Gordon Hayward / Joe Johnson
Derrick Favors / Boris Diaw / Trey Lyles
Rudy Gobert / Jeff Withey / Tibor Pleiss

LostCause
09-12-2016, 12:40 PM
Big fan of Utah this season. Can't wait to see how they do with a solid point guard

RRR3
09-12-2016, 02:13 PM
A death lineup of

Delly
Middleton
Jabari
Lebron
Giannis

would absolutely slaughter any team in the East. Especially if Jabari brings back the 3ball like it's been reported he will.

Bucks are going to win 42-45 games and make the playoffs as it is. They win 60+ with Lebron, breeze to the finals and honestly, the length/athleticism could give GS a lot of problems.
If only MCW wasn't so inefficient, he could be in that lineup too (length).

Kool Boy
09-12-2016, 06:16 PM
Yes easy

AintNoSunshine
09-12-2016, 07:24 PM
A death lineup of

Delly
Middleton
Jabari
Lebron
Giannis

That's a hell of a sweet lineup.