PDA

View Full Version : Which young player would you rather have - Emmanuel Mudiay or DAngelo Russell

FreezingTsmoove
09-15-2016, 12:03 AM
Im taking Mudiay everyday of the week since he is such a great leader already

G-train
09-15-2016, 12:28 AM
Im taking Mudiay everyday of the week since he is such a great leader already

50/50 for mine.

sunnyboy91
09-15-2016, 04:06 AM
Mudiay.
Snitches get stiches.

raprap
09-15-2016, 04:53 AM
Russell.

I like how he uses his size in the pg position and has potential to be a great shooter.

Human Error
09-15-2016, 06:49 AM
Russell. Great size, great stroke, natural playmaking ability.

ClipperRevival
09-15-2016, 09:24 AM
If you stripped away their athleticism and judged them based purely on bball skills, Russell sh*ts on Mudiay. He's got a beautiful looking stroke with a quick release, very good vision and his passing will come along. But most importantly, you can tell he has a very good feel for the game. He just gets it whether on offense or defense. On O, he knows how to shield guys with his body to create space and just knows how to get his shot off. His mid-range is deadly. On D, he anticipates the action consistently.

But the fact is, Russell has heavy feet and that limits his ceiling. He did look a tad more sudden in summer league but he can't his quickness that much.

I would still take Russell. Mudiay comes across as more of an athlete trying to play bball while Russell looks like a baller who could benefit from more athleticism.

ralph_i_el
09-15-2016, 09:43 AM
Last season playing without Kobe, Russell was putting up something like 18 points per 36 minutes, on decent %'s, and with a high ast%.

On a good squad where he got to play lead guard, he might have averaged 18/8 as a rookie.

To bad he had zombie Kobe out there ****ing everything up.

I read an article recently which compared the Kobe-D'Angelo Russell situation to the KG-Karl Towns situation....if the TWolves had let KG start over Towns.

Mudiay is a great athlete and looks like he works his ass off.....but give me the guy that has GAME. I know Russell is slow, but he can shoot, pass, and handle the ball like a champ. He pulled the trigger on a lot of 3's, many of which were off the dribble, and shot 35% (which is really good for a rookie in a bad situation). However, Russell will be a better mid-range shooter than Manu, and already posts-up more than Manu ever did (if I recall correctly).

D'Angelo has Manu Ginobili potential IMO. Ginobili was a bit bigger, but both guys are excellent 3 point shooters and PnR ball-handlers. Mudiay is like a less-polished John Wall, or Tyreke Evans IMO.

raprap
09-15-2016, 10:12 AM
Last season playing without Kobe, Russell was putting up something like 18 points per 36 minutes, on decent %'s, and with a high ast%.

On a good squad where he got to play lead guard, he might have averaged 18/8 as a rookie.

To bad he had zombie Kobe out there ****ing everything up.

I read an article recently which compared the Kobe-D'Angelo Russell situation to the KG-Karl Towns situation....if the TWolves had let KG start over Towns.

Mudiay is a great athlete and looks like he works his ass off.....but give me the guy that has GAME. I know Russell is slow, but he can shoot, pass, and handle the ball like a champ. He pulled the trigger on a lot of 3's, many of which were off the dribble, and shot 35% (which is really good for a rookie in a bad situation). However, Russell will be a better mid-range shooter than Manu, and already posts-up more than Manu ever did (if I recall correctly).

D'Angelo has Manu Ginobili potential IMO. Ginobili was a bit bigger, but both guys are excellent 3 point shooters and PnR ball-handlers. Mudiay is like a less-polished John Wall, or Tyreke Evans IMO.
Yea. I predict Russell will average 20ppg this season. He was really put in a bad position last season Playing with Williams, Young and Kobe is as bad as it gets when you're a rookie pg. He wasn't able to showcase his passing too which most scouts thought is his best skill.

Nastradamus
09-15-2016, 11:14 AM
Its Russell, by a lot

FreezingTsmoove
09-15-2016, 02:11 PM
Mudiay was one of my favorite HS Players of all time so naturally I watched a ton of Nuggets games last year and I think you guys are underrating the guy

Even Jason Kidd gave him high praise during the season

NugzFan
09-15-2016, 04:26 PM
Mudiay. No doubt.