PDA

View Full Version : Kobe is my generation's MJ...

SwayDizzle
09-18-2016, 12:01 PM
who is your generation's MJ?

KiiiiNG
09-18-2016, 12:04 PM
Wow, your generations MJ sucks. :oldlol:

It's LeBron, if by generation's MJ you mean best player and most influential person.

In the future people will say "xxxx is my generation's LeBron" to describe the best player/figure of their time.

Dray n Klay
09-18-2016, 12:06 PM

It's LeBron, if by generation's MJ you mean best player and most influential person.

In the future people will say "xxxx is my generation's LeBron" to describe the best player/figure of their time.
:roll: :roll:

First reply slay

:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:

SamuraiSWISH
09-18-2016, 12:11 PM
LeBron still gets a lot of disrespect from casuals. Maybe it's the things he's done in his career, or way he's acted but he feels disrespected. Some deservingly so. That or casuals don't think his actual game is as exciting or very entertaining as more beloved guys like MJ, Kobe, AI, and now Curry ???

lilteapot
09-18-2016, 12:11 PM
It's so laughable when people try to put Kobe in the same level or tier as MJ.

He's not even close.

KiiiiNG
09-18-2016, 12:16 PM
First reply slay

:hammertime:
:eek:

You're back!?

Woooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:djparty :djparty :hammertime:

http://i67.tinypic.com/2mrbek4.jpg

Dray n Klay
09-18-2016, 12:17 PM
:eek:

You're back!?

Woooooooooooooooooooo

http://i67.tinypic.com/2mrbek4.jpg

:roll: :roll:

#TheReturn

Great to be back :cheers:

K Xerxes
09-18-2016, 12:25 PM
He's the closest imitation to MJ of his generation. Just like Dwight is this generations closest thing to Kareem. Doesnt mean he's the best of his generation. Another dumb argument by Kobe stans.

SwayDizzle
09-18-2016, 12:31 PM

seeing as you picked lebron, you prolly weren't around to see Kobe at his best and only witnessed him during his twilight years, which is fine. lebron is your generation's MJ.
however, i'm afraid to say lebron already has too tainted of a career to replace MJ as the golden standard for greatness.

aau
09-18-2016, 12:32 PM
Just like Dwight is this generations closest thing to Kareem.

Another dumb argument.

agreed

SwayDizzle
09-18-2016, 12:33 PM
It's so laughable when people try to put Kobe in the same level or tier as MJ.

He's not even close.
don't make me bring up the stats :roll:

Big164
09-18-2016, 12:33 PM
Shaq was my generation's WC

kcuf MJ

lilteapot
09-18-2016, 12:36 PM
don't make me bring up the stats :roll:

Oh, bring them up. I'd like to see how feeble your argument actually is.

tpols
09-18-2016, 12:36 PM
Kobe is the only top 10 GOAT to be taken in the draft past pick three ... he's the GOAT relative to expectations.

Screamin A Smit
09-18-2016, 12:37 PM
Kobe is the only top 10 GOAT to be taken in the draft past pick three ... he's the GOAT relative to expectations.

His draft selection was equivalent to his all-time ranking, dont see how thats 'beating expectations"

SwayDizzle
09-18-2016, 12:43 PM
the craziest thing about lebron stans is that they don't realize kobe paved the way for the likes of lebron - talent being drafted straight out of high school.

when kobe was drafted, the general consensus was that it was highly risky and flat out insane to draft a kid without any college experience into the grown man's game. there was a lot of resistance at the time for making such a move.

Smoke117
09-18-2016, 12:45 PM

Larry Bird was taken 6th genius...and Kobe Bryant isn't top 10.

It's funny how Kobe literally has no individual identity...he'll always be "the poor man's" Michael Jordan. You ask who this generation's MJ Is...I'd say Lebron James has carved out his own legacy now...he doesn't need to be called the next someone...we will be calling players coming in the "the next lebron". Calling kobe this generation's MJ is just an insult to Jordan though...he's closer to Drexler than he is Jordan as far as on court impact.

SwayDizzle
09-18-2016, 12:46 PM
Oh, bring them up. I'd like to see how feeble your argument actually is.
we ain't talking about stats here man. we are talking about overall dominance, finesse, other worldly skill and bball IQ, a student of the game that became a global icon and master of his craft, a deadly assassin.

Screamin A Smit
09-18-2016, 12:51 PM
People didnt draft Kobe cause he came out of high school, not because "he wasnt supposed to be anything" :facepalm :oldlol:

Stop creating fake myths to prop up Kobe, tpols

If Kobe came out of college he wouldve been a Top 3 pick, stop lying to yourself otherwise

tpols
09-18-2016, 12:52 PM
^^ you're right Bird is 6th .. another one of my all time favorite players. Both were underestimated compared to other all time legends in the draft because of their lack of physical measureables.. kobe being a scrawny high school kid, and bird the whole white stiff stereotype.. but they overcame their position with an abundance of skill.

really puts things into perspective.. how every other all time great was expected to be dominant.. top 1, 2, 3 picks.. Kobe # 13 carved out a top ten GOAT career.. if you bought Kobe stock at the beginning, there would be n0 higher return on investment.

Smoke117
09-18-2016, 12:54 PM
Actually...he's not even a poor man's michael jordan...I'd expect a PMMJ to play consistent defense throughout his career.

Screamin A Smit
09-18-2016, 12:56 PM
Btw Lebron was also another scrawny high school kid that people thought would bust.

The difference is that LeBron accepted the challenge of going to a lottery team, Kobe artificially lowered his stock by declining training camp invites so he could force his way to L.A

Accepting the challenge vs. collusion, you decide.

Nilocon165
09-18-2016, 12:58 PM
Btw Lebron was also another scrawny high school kid that people thought would bust.

The difference is that LeBron accepted the challenge of going to a lottery team, Kobe artificially lowered his stock by declining training camp invites so he could force his way to L.A

Accepting the challenge vs. collusion, you decide.
Nikka what?

Screamin A Smit
09-18-2016, 12:58 PM
If a cocky 18 year old kid publically says "Trade me to L.A or I'm playing in Italy" he's obviously not going to be drafted high :confusedshrug:

No team wants to deal with that BS.

So we're supposed to give Kobe credit for being drafted 13th, when he himself artificially lowered his draft stock to rig the system? :oldlol:

scuzzy
09-18-2016, 01:12 PM
You're back!?

Woooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:djparty

http://i67.tinypic.com/2mrbek4.jpg:applause: :lol :roll:

lilteapot
09-18-2016, 01:23 PM
we ain't talking about stats here man. we are talking about overall dominance, finesse, other worldly skill and bball IQ, a student of the game that became a global icon and master of his craft, a deadly assassin.

>Threatens to bring up stats
>Says we aren't talking about stats

Holy crap you're retarded :lol

Big164
09-18-2016, 01:26 PM
5/7 > 3/7
:biggums:

egokiller
09-18-2016, 01:40 PM
Larry Bird was taken 6th genius...and Kobe Bryant isn't top 10.

It's funny how Kobe literally has no individual identity...he'll always be "the poor man's" Michael Jordan. You ask who this generation's MJ Is...I'd say Lebron James has carved out his own legacy now...he doesn't need to be called the next someone...we will be calling players coming in the "the next lebron". Calling kobe this generation's MJ is just an insult to Jordan though...he's closer to Drexler than he is Jordan as far as on court impact.

And what exactly did Lebron carve out? He showed us that:

It's possible to lead a team while playing in the weak eastern conference to numerous finals appearances.

He showed us that it's possible to beat a worn down 73 win team that came back from being down 3-1 in the finals in a grueling WCF matchup. When the finals happened, there was injured bogut and iggy and we saw a 24 year old phenom that can drop 40ppg on 75% shooting. Cavs beating GSW in 2016 was like GSW beating Cavs in 2015. Both instances do not represent both squads being 100%. A lebrontard loser will try to have you believe that the Cavs were down 3-1 in 2016 against a full healthy fresh GSW squad and that lebron brought them back and that Kyrie was horrible. Nope, try again.

MJ is GOAT. Not Kobe, not LBJ and efforts to try to disprove this are laughed off by the masses. Honestly, who even allows their team to go to a game 7 in the finals. That shit is for basketball players that are no where near MJ level.

Smoke117
09-18-2016, 01:46 PM
And what exactly did Lebron carve out? He showed us that:

It's possible to lead a team while playing in the weak eastern conference to numerous finals appearances.

He showed us that it's possible to beat a worn down 73 win team that came back from being down 3-1 in the finals in a grueling WCF matchup. When the finals happened, there was injured bogut and iggy and we saw a 24 year old phenom that can drop 40ppg on 75% shooting. Cavs being GSW in 2016 was like GSW beating Cavs in 2015. Both instances do not represent both squads being 100%. A lebrontard loser will try to have you believe that the Cavs were down 3-1 in 2016 against a full healthy fresh GSW squad and that lebron brought them back and that Kyrie was horrible. Nope, try again.

MJ is GOAT. Not Kobe, not LBJ and efforts to try to disprove this are laughed off by the masses. Honestly, who even allows their team to go to a game 7 in the finals. That shit is for basketball players that are no where near MJ level.

Wow! what a completely new and original narrative. :rolleyes: Also this stupid shit about "Jordan didn't allow his teams to go to game 7"...Jordan was riding the pine while PIPPEN and the bench were bringing the Bulls back in game 6 vs the Blazers, so get the **** out of my face with that nonsense.

egokiller
09-18-2016, 01:57 PM
Wow! what a completely new and original narrative. :rolleyes: Also this stupid shit about "Jordan didn't allow his teams to go to game 7"...Jordan was riding the pine while PIPPEN and the bench were bringing the Bulls back in game 6 vs the Blazers, so get the **** out of my face with that nonsense.

I'm not trying to give you a new narrative. I'm stating the facts which you apparently missed the first time around. If you didn't you wouldn't have the illogical viewpoint that you have regarding Lebron.

Lebrontard logic used by them so that they can cope with life:

1. Lebron never colluded
2. Lebron stuck with the same team
3. Lebron played in the more difficult western conference
4. Lebron would have made it to the finals 7 times even if he was in the west
5. Lebron beat a full fresh healthy GSW team in the 2016 finals with no help
6. Lebron lost to Jason Terry in 2011 because he was on a new team
7. Lebron will someday surpass MJ on the all time list

I guess if that's what they need to tell themselves.....

Meanwhile the rest of us will continue to live in the real world and use logic to form our opinions on players and teams.

Smoke117
09-18-2016, 01:58 PM
I'm not trying to give you a new narrative. I'm stating the facts which you apparently missed the first time around. If you didn't you wouldn't have the illogical viewpoint that you have regarding Lebron.

Lebrontard logic used by them so that they can cope with life:

1. Lebron never colluded
2. Lebron stuck with the same team
3. Lebron played in the more difficult western conference
4. Lebron would have made it to the finals 7 times even if he was in the west
5. Lebron beat a full fresh healthy GSW team in the 2016 finals with no help
6. Lebron lost to Jason Terry in 2011 because he was on a new team
7. Lebron will someday surpass MJ on the all time list

I guess if that's what they need to tell themselves.....

Meanwhile the rest of us will continue to live in the real world and use logic to form our opinions on players and teams.

You are confusing me with someone else...I don't ****ing care about Lebron and I'm not going to read this because of just that fact.

SamuraiSWISH
09-18-2016, 01:58 PM
Jordan was the leader. That's all yes saying. Enough with the beta Pippen insecurity.

SouBeachTalents
09-18-2016, 02:10 PM
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/toyotamotors/one_zpsofprexde.jpg

Screamin A Smit
09-18-2016, 02:18 PM
Kobe is not even good enough to be this generation's Drexler, let alone Jordan

egokiller
09-18-2016, 02:24 PM
For the Kobe/Bron generation if you want to group them together:

Winning 5 titles out of 7 appearances in the more difficult west as the 1st or 2nd option is >>>>>> than winning 3 out of 7 titles in the historically weak east as the 1st or 2nd option. Therefore it is only logical that we conclude that when it's all on the line, Kobe got it done more times than Lebron did when it mattered WHILE getting there in the more difficult conference and the facts are right there in front of us.

So if you say Kobe wasn't even as good as Drexler, you also must say that Lebron wasn't as good as a player of that time who was even lesser than Drexler.

TheWinningFam
09-18-2016, 02:47 PM
For the Kobe/Bron generation if you want to group them together:

Winning 5 titles out of 7 appearances in the more difficult west as the 1st or 2nd option is >>>>>> than winning 3 out of 7 titles in the historically weak east as the 1st or 2nd option. Therefore it is only logical that we conclude that when it's all on the line, Kobe got it done more times than Lebron did when it mattered WHILE getting there in the more difficult conference and the facts are right there in front of us.

So if you say Kobe wasn't even as good as Drexler, you also must say that Lebron wasn't as good as a player of that time who was even lesser than Drexler.
First of all which fakkit's alt is this.

Second of all if lebron were to go the west and win you same idiots would say his titles don't count because he beat weak eastern conference teams for the title.
Therefore kobe's titles aren't as valuable because
1.He's only 2/7 for fmvps
2.He beat weak eastern conference teams.
3.He had a 30ppg 12rpg first option for 8 years and only won 3 titles/

Big164
09-18-2016, 02:57 PM
5/7 > 3/7 :rockon:

SouBeachTalents
09-18-2016, 03:00 PM
5/7 > 3/7 :rockon:

3/7 > 2/6 :rockon:

Nilocon165
09-18-2016, 03:01 PM
3/7 > 2/6 :rockon:
https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/lavinereact.gif

pauk
09-18-2016, 03:10 PM
Aesthetically/stylistically yes, Kobe... Wade a bit aswell...

Accolades, efficiency, domination, stats, impact, peak however... its Lebron... followed by Shaq/Duncan and yea Kobe, but...

Big164
09-18-2016, 03:18 PM
💯 > 5/7 > 3/7

pauk
09-18-2016, 03:20 PM
�� > 5/7 > 3/7

MVP+FMVP+RINGS =

4+3+3 = 10 > 5+1+2 = 8 > 4+1+2 = 7

FMVP/SIDEKICK RATIO =

3/3 > 1/2 > 2/5

BedroomBully
09-18-2016, 03:32 PM
Brock Turner is my generations Kobe Bryant. :rockon:

egokiller
09-18-2016, 03:34 PM
First of all which fakkit's alt is this.

Second of all if lebron were to go the west and win you same idiots would say his titles don't count because he beat weak eastern conference teams for the title.
Therefore kobe's titles aren't as valuable because
1.He's only 2/7 for fmvps
2.He beat weak eastern conference teams.
3.He had a 30ppg 12rpg first option for 8 years and only won 3 titles/

Actually, no one would be saying any of that. The only things that are being said are facts based on what has actually happened. Bronstans can't handle simple facts. Point out the fact that MJ went 6/6 with 6 FMVP and never even allowed a game 7 in the finals and you idiots start talking about how MJ had lesser success at the start of his career when he had no help. Just accept the fact that LBJ is where he is based on the facts that have been presented.

Big164
09-18-2016, 03:38 PM
MVP+FMVP+RINGS =

4+3+3 = 10 > 5+1+2 = 8 > 4+1+2 = 7

FMVP/SIDEKICK RATIO =

3/3 > 1/2 > 2/5
Lebron and Wilt are prolly the greatest chokers of all time but at least Wilt owns half the record books, Lebron has nothing else going for him outside of 3/7. 3/7 is actually his top accolade.

Smoke117
09-18-2016, 03:39 PM
Actually, no one would be saying any of that. The only things that are being said are facts based on what has actually happened. Bronstans can't handle simple facts. Point out the fact that MJ went 6/6 with 6 FMVP and never even allowed a game 7 in the finals and you idiots start talking about how MJ had lesser success at the start of his career when he had no help. Just accept the fact that LBJ is where he is based on the facts that have been presented.

What exactly are you trying to argue? Nobody is saying Lebron is better than MJ you retard.

egokiller
09-18-2016, 03:44 PM
What exactly are you trying to argue? Nobody is saying Lebron is better than MJ you retard.

I'm not arguing anything moron, I'm stating the facts and informing you of exactly where Lebron, Kobe, and MJ are and why. There's nothing anyone can argue with me about because I understand the facts. I don't try for example to pretend that 2011 never happened.

TheWinningFam
09-18-2016, 03:53 PM
Jordan never had a game 7 because he never faced teams as good as lebron's opponents thats facts.

I dont know why you dudes keep saying he ''never allowed game 7'' if he doesn't get bailed out by a paxson 3 they are going 7 games vs the suns.

Jordan had wooldridge and ervin in the 80s playoffs playing on an all star level and still went 1-9.

FKAri
09-18-2016, 03:54 PM
My generation's MJ is probably MJ.

LeBron still gets a lot of disrespect from casuals. Maybe it's the things he's done in his career, or way he's acted but he feels disrespected. Some deservingly so. That or casuals don't think his actual game is as exciting or very entertaining as more beloved guys like MJ, Kobe, AI, and now Curry ???
Curry gets too much (undeserving) disrespect. Way too many players throw shade his way and use it as a way to criticize the rule set.

raprap
09-18-2016, 06:35 PM
Brock Turner is my generations Kobe Bryant. :rockon:
:roll:

Hey Yo
09-18-2016, 08:34 PM
the craziest thing about lebron stans is that they don't realize kobe paved the way for the likes of lebron - talent being drafted straight out of high school.

when kobe was drafted, the general consensus was that it was highly risky and flat out insane to draft a kid without any college experience into the grown man's game. there was a lot of resistance at the time for making such a move.
KG was drafted 5th overall just the year before in the '95-'96 Draft. First time in 20yrs a player was drafted straight out of High School.

Unlike Kobe, KG and James saw the court their rookie season.

ArbitraryWater
09-18-2016, 08:42 PM
His draft selection was equivalent to his all-time ranking, dont see how thats 'beating expectations"

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

knicksman
09-18-2016, 09:04 PM
Most bran stans are young and i was like them when i was young. I like wilt, robertson and hates kobe. But the more i understand about the game, the more i realize that kobe style is the way to go if you want to win. And players like lebron, robertson are fake unselfish.

egokiller
09-18-2016, 09:14 PM
Jordan never had a game 7 because he never faced teams as good as lebron's opponents thats facts.

I dont know why you dudes keep saying he ''never allowed game 7'' if he doesn't get bailed out by a paxson 3 they are going 7 games vs the suns.

Jordan had wooldridge and ervin in the 80s playoffs playing on an all star level and still went 1-9.

MJ always had a more difficult route to the finals than Lebron ever had. These are the facts. This is gonna be good. Go ahead and post wooldrige and ervin's all star level stats so we can laugh and compare them to lebron's teammates stats in his first 7 years.

Next you will be telling us how Paxson's 3 was more of a bail out than Ray Allen's 3.

scuzzy
09-18-2016, 11:26 PM
:lol :lol :applause:

LostCause
09-18-2016, 11:32 PM

I thought Dray and Klay was the only retard to say shit like this but I guess not :roll:

By your logic Bron had James Jones playing at All-Star levels for all of his rings. Hasn't won a ring without him. ****ing carried

In fact, without James Jones, Bron is 0-4 in the Finals :roll:

Averaging 22 points on 35 percent shooting without James Jones :roll:

No wonder Bron calls him "Champ", cuz without him he'd never be one :roll:

Excellent logic homies

egokiller
09-18-2016, 11:40 PM
I thought Dray and Klay was the only retard to say shit like this but I guess not :roll:

By your logic Bron had James Jones playing at All-Star levels for all of his rings. Hasn't won a ring without him. ****ing carried

In fact, without James Jones, Bron is 0-4 in the Finals :roll:

Averaging 22 points on 35 percent shooting without James Jones :roll:

No wonder Bron calls him "Champ", cuz without him he'd never be one :roll:

Excellent logic homies

They make lebron look worse than he is every time they post. Easily the most clueless fan base of any player in the history of the sport. :roll:

GrapeApe
09-19-2016, 12:42 AM
I know they are very different players, but my generation's MJ is probably Shaq. Not just for his dominance on the court, but also his iconic status off the court. I was just getting big into basketball when Shaq joined the NBA. It was Jordan's league, but Shaq was such a larger than life character that a lot of kids my age were more drawn to him than Jordan. I disliked his team(s), but I knew I was watching a one of a kind player that we might never see again. His peak as a player also coincided with when I began to truly understand the game.

Spurs m8
09-19-2016, 01:32 AM
I feel sorry for anyone who had Kobe as their MJ.

elementally morale
09-19-2016, 01:43 AM
I feel sorry for anyone who had Kobe as their MJ.

Why?

Some people watch the game to be entertained. I do. Kobe was entertaining. Not the best player I've seen but entertaining. I loved seeing him succeed and I loved seeing him fail. Can't say that of too many players.

Spurs m8
09-19-2016, 01:54 AM
Why?

Some people watch the game to be entertained. I do. Kobe was entertaining. Not the best player I've seen but entertaining. I loved seeing him succeed and I loved seeing him fail. Can't say that of too many players.

Yeah I dunno, blokes just such a piece of sh*t on and off the court

34-24 Footwork
09-19-2016, 06:23 AM
Yeah I dunno, blokes just such a piece of sh*t on and off the court

Tim Duncan sucks....

On and off the court

SwayDizzle
09-19-2016, 11:19 PM
>Threatens to bring up stats
>Says we aren't talking about stats

Holy crap you're retarded :lol
u know i was jokin bout dem stats right?

crisoner
09-20-2016, 12:49 AM
MJ for me stands for Magic Johnson.

https://mlblogsdodgersphotog.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/048.jpg

I liked the way Magic played the game compared to Jordan.

The Showtime Lakers were the best team to watch ever period.

Duncan21formvp
09-20-2016, 09:37 PM
Kobe doesn't have the stats.