PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh fails physical, Heat refuse to medically clear him

mistergreens
09-23-2016, 11:38 AM
Poor dude - one of the best guys in the league but he could be done.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article103660572.html

J Shuttlesworth
09-23-2016, 11:41 AM
Time to hang it up :(

iTare
09-23-2016, 12:13 PM
Its over.

lilteapot
09-23-2016, 12:15 PM
Damn...

Nilocon165
09-23-2016, 12:16 PM
Time to retire

Bankaii
09-23-2016, 12:21 PM
Either Whiteside is going to have a Shaq-like season or the Heat will be a top 5 worst team in the league.

insidehoops
09-23-2016, 12:22 PM
"Miami HEAT regret that it remains unable to clear Chris to return to basketball activities, and there is no timetable for his return."

-- From the Heat

OmniStrife
09-23-2016, 12:26 PM
Our medical staff should take a look at him.

iamgine
09-23-2016, 12:49 PM
They purposefully don't clear him so they can get a max player next season.

retaxis
09-23-2016, 01:00 PM
Lets not pretend Bosh is not able to play. Miami heat just wants to clear his capspace and leave that big 3 era behind.

Poor bosh...bet he wished he signed with the Rockets...Right now Harden + Dwight + Bosh + great bench.....

tomtucker
09-23-2016, 01:25 PM

could this really be true ?

chocolatethunder
09-23-2016, 01:35 PM
No, first, the word you're looking for is purposely not "purposefully". There's a big difference, you should familiarize yourself with it so that people can better understand what you're trying to say.

Secondly, if you read the reports, he still has clotting issues and they cannot clear him to play and they shouldn't for his own sake. I respect him for wanting to play and I appreciate his heart but the fact is that when athletes have clotting issues, they are very rarely every cleared to play again. Unfortunately this seems to be the case for Bosh.

PJR
09-23-2016, 01:35 PM
Lets not pretend Bosh is not able to play. Miami heat just wants to clear his capspace and leave that big 3 era behind.

You're absolutely ignorant on this. This last physical was done with NBA appointed doctors in New York. There's no conspiracy. He can't pass a physical.

avonbarksdale
09-23-2016, 02:19 PM
sucks for him must be really hard to be told you have to give up what you have done everyday for your entire life

retaxis
09-23-2016, 02:20 PM
You're absolutely ignorant on this. This last physical was done with NBA appointed doctors in New York. There's no conspiracy. He can't pass a physical.
Can u post me to show me that it was NBA doctors and not HEAT doctors? The article only mentioned HEAT doctors so..

retaxis
09-23-2016, 02:21 PM
sucks for him must be really hard to be told you have to give up what you have done everyday for your entire life
We'll he didn't have to grind his body for 5 seasons to earn that 125 mil

PJR
09-23-2016, 02:28 PM
Can u post me to show me that it was NBA doctors and not HEAT doctors? The article only mentioned HEAT doctors so..

Bosh met with Heat doctors for several days in Miami, and flew to New York mid-week for consultation with NBA physicians once another blood clot appeared to be recurring, league sources said.

Per Woj of Yahoo Sports.

Smoke117
09-23-2016, 02:32 PM

Poor bosh...bet he wished he signed with the Rockets...Right now Harden + Dwight + Bosh + great bench.....

Go troll in some other thread you ****ing gutter slug.

Hate to see bosh career derailed like this...one of the more grounded players in the league. He needs to start thinking about his long term health and put the nba behind him.

retaxis
09-23-2016, 02:48 PM
Go troll in some other thread you ****ing gutter slug.

Hate to see bosh career derailed like this...one of the more grounded players in the league. He needs to start thinking about his long term health and put the nba behind him.
Why are you so angry? Did your psychiatrist say they won't deal with a sh1t stain like you again. You need something called a chill pill, no wonder girls don't want to touch you with a 12 foot pole, they can smell your midget agro syndrome a mile away.

P.S the only one who needs to think about their long term health is you midget

BedroomBully
09-23-2016, 03:01 PM
And to think LeBron carried 2 hobbling all stars to 4 consecutive finals and 2 championships. :bowdown:

Poetry
09-23-2016, 03:09 PM

"If the doctor doesn't believe Bosh can continue his career, the Heat can take the 11-time All-star's contract off their books for salary cap purposes.

Bosh is owed $75 million over the next three years. He would receive all the money. Miami would receive some savings via an insurance policy, but would not do this to save money."

jrong
09-23-2016, 05:26 PM

The Heat aren't getting a max player, at least not one worth his contract. They tarnished themselves by the way they dealt with Wade, and no superstar free agent will touch them.

Their only hope of having a superstar is to trade for one or draft one. This team will win about 25 games this year and spend years in the wilderness. The only player they'll have on court to keep Whiteside under control is Dragic (who will probably be traded by the break). Good luck with that.

Miami's best hope is that the Winslow/ J-Rich core comes of age very quickly.

tpols
09-23-2016, 05:38 PM
Go troll in some other thread you ****ing gutter slug..

:roll:

sammichoffate
09-23-2016, 08:06 PM
The Heat aren't getting a max player, at least not one worth his contract. They tarnished themselves by the way they dealt with Wade, and no superstar free agent will touch them.

Their only hope of having a superstar is to trade for one or draft one. This team will win about 25 games this year and spend years in the wilderness. The only player they'll have on court to keep Whiteside under control is Dragic (who will probably be traded by the break). Good luck with that.

Miami's best hope is that the Winslow/ J-Rich core comes of age very quickly.Love how everyone was slurping Riley's nuts after he low-balled wade for the last time. Heat basically lost half their roster in Wade, Joe Johnson, Deng.

Cold soul
09-23-2016, 08:07 PM
Time to retire sucks to hear this.

KiiiiNG
09-23-2016, 08:17 PM
Karma for game 7 2013

LilEddyCurry
09-23-2016, 11:03 PM
We'll he didn't have to grind his body for 5 seasons to earn that 125 mil
You made a thread discussing being alpha yet you say the most beta shit :facepalm

sfballa13
09-23-2016, 11:45 PM

Yeh sure must suck to sit at home and collect 120M+ dollars

Millions of people wont make that COMBINED in their entire lives and im supposed to feel sorry for Bosh who won two chips and has over 300M at least in the bank, please

Red Flame
09-24-2016, 06:20 PM
man UD is the only player remaining from the heatles era :cry:

RoseCity07
09-24-2016, 06:31 PM
He needs to retire. This is his life on the line. He has plenty of money.

I think he's done.

RedBlackAttack
09-24-2016, 10:10 PM
Man.

I really feel for Bosh. Seems like a genuinely good guy and the second half of his career has just been a trainwreck of injuries and more serious health issues.

There comes a point where you have to listen to your body and what the doctors are telling you. As bad as it is, it's time to hang them up. I don't want a Reggie Lewis situation with Bosh and it seems like that's the kind of risk he'd be taking.

Sad end to a great career.

Kool Boy
09-25-2016, 12:50 AM
Come to Brooklyn Bosh

Lebronxrings
09-25-2016, 12:52 AM
lol

GrapeApe
09-25-2016, 02:02 AM
He needs to retire. He's already had an outstanding and lucrative basketball career. 2x NBA champion, 11x all-star, olympic gold medal, and a likely HOF induction down the road. He's still a young man and he's an intelligent guy. He'll have plenty of analyst/broadcasting opportunities if he chooses to go that route.

G-train
09-25-2016, 06:30 AM

Miami's best hope is that the Winslow/ J-Rich core comes of age very quickly.

Yep you know what every major FA thinks.

theaussieguy
09-25-2016, 08:06 AM
He needs to retire. He's already had an outstanding and lucrative basketball career. 2x NBA champion, 11x all-star, olympic gold medal, and a likely HOF induction down the road. He's still a young man and he's an intelligent guy. He'll have plenty of analyst/broadcasting opportunities if he chooses to go that route.

you know the HOF is far too easy to get into when Bosh gets in. Anyone have his number? Might offer him a bench role on my rec league team.

retaxis
09-25-2016, 10:52 AM
you know the HOF is far too easy to get into when Bosh gets in. Anyone have his number? Might offer him a bench role on my rec league team.
You don't have a rec league team man come on...Playing streetball with girls is not rec league.

theaussieguy
09-25-2016, 11:45 AM
You don't have a rec league team man come on...Playing streetball with girls is not rec league.
wow be nice

G-train
09-25-2016, 07:14 PM

When you take him as a player in a vacuum, I agree with you.
Players like him shouldn't be in HoF.
But there are already players in the HoF with worse achievements than 11 allstar appearances, 2 titles and Gold medal, so he may get in based off of that.

Doranku
09-25-2016, 07:21 PM
Karma for game 7 2013

lol

Why is this garbage allowed here? I really don't get it.

egokiller
09-25-2016, 07:57 PM
Why are you so angry? Did your psychiatrist say they won't deal with a sh1t stain like you again. You need something called a chill pill, no wonder girls don't want to touch you with a 12 foot pole, they can smell your midget agro syndrome a mile away.

P.S the only one who needs to think about their long term health is you midget

Just ignore him. He get's swept under the rug in every thread he participates in anyway.

bladefd
09-25-2016, 08:46 PM
Just unfortunate all around.. What you going to do??

That means Bosh gets paid by insurance or what? Miami off the books or what?

G-train
09-25-2016, 08:58 PM
Just unfortunate all around.. What you going to do??

That means Bosh gets paid by insurance or what? Miami off the books or what?

Bosh gets his money and he is cleared off the books 12 months after last game (Feb) if agreed and approved doctor says he can't play.

Derka
09-25-2016, 09:20 PM
That sucks; he's too young to have his career end at this time and for these reasons, but the universe has its' own plans.

Hang em up, Chris. Basketball ain't worth the rest of your life. I'm sure he can find something else to do with his time and money.

aj1987
09-25-2016, 09:31 PM
Why is this garbage allowed here? I really don't get it.
He's banned. Good riddance.

Jasper
09-26-2016, 10:18 AM
big guys fall hard.... think of all the money the Heat will save for 2017

Smook A.
09-26-2016, 01:26 PM
Gotta feel bad for him. This blood clot problem is becoming a serious issue, and I think he should really just retire. Health is more important than anything else