PDA

View Full Version : Draft this years retirees in your order

retaxis
09-24-2016, 12:15 PM
We have Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant retiring this year after long careers for all of them. They have all MVPs, many all-star games and all have championships. How do you draft these players in order if you were starting a team?

Me personally.

1. KG for his leadership, toughness and defensive skills
2. Duncan for his fundamentals and coachability
3. Kobe if I have great big men on my team already

SamuraiSWISH
09-24-2016, 12:41 PM
If I'm the head of a shit franchise that can't get other players to surround them with?

1) KG
2) Kobe (#1 for entertainment value)
3) Duncan (never carried trash bags)

If I'm the head of a legit championship pedigree organization and can surround the draft pick with pieces?

1) Kobe
2) KG
3) Duncan

If I draft Kobe, I'm making whatever necessary trades to acquire KG as well ... and basically finding the talent / chemistry / competitive desire fit to run the league for like a solid 15 years.

Doranku
09-24-2016, 12:42 PM
1. Timmy
2. Kobe
3. KG

SwayDizzle
09-24-2016, 04:01 PM
If I'm the head of a shit franchise that can't get other players to surround them with?

1) KG
2) Kobe (#1 for entertainment value)
3) Duncan (never carried trash bags)

If I'm the head of a legit championship pedigree organization and can surround the draft pick with pieces?

1) Kobe
2) KG
3) Duncan

If I draft Kobe, I'm making whatever necessary trades to acquire KG as well ... and basically finding the talent / chemistry / competitive desire fit to run the league for like a solid 15 years.
solid post

Harison
09-24-2016, 04:20 PM
1-2. KG and TD. Interchangeable by impact and team-first mentality. KG could provide spark and sell more tickets, while some may prefer silent leadership by Timmy, instead of loud one by KG.

3. Kobe. Fantastic player, but a bit egocentric (ok, a lot :D ), which isnt the best mentality if I'm building long-term championship team. LA did a tremendous job surrounding him with talent, but I bet they would have won even more rings if they had TD/KG on board. Imagine prime Shaq with either of those guys? Scary thought, and he probably would have stayed in LA due to lack of ego clashes.

CAstill
09-24-2016, 06:37 PM
1-2. KG and TD. Interchangeable by impact and team-first mentality. KG could provide spark and sell more tickets, while some may prefer silent leadership by Timmy, instead of loud one by KG.

3. Kobe. Fantastic player, but a bit egocentric (ok, a lot :D ), which isnt the best mentality if I'm building long-term championship team. LA did a tremendous job surrounding him with talent, but I bet they would have won even more rings if they had TD/KG on board. Imagine prime Shaq with either of those guys? Scary thought, and he probably would have stayed in LA due to lack of ego clashes.

Crock of $hit

Kobe was the reason they won so maNY in the first place

Dray n Klay
09-24-2016, 06:38 PM
1. Duncan

2. Garnett

3. Dirk (even though he isnt retired)

4. Kobe

KiiiiNG
09-24-2016, 08:39 PM
Crock of $hit

Kobe was the reason they won so maNY in the first place
Riiiiiight... keep telling yourself that kid. :oldlol:

Nobody's buying it though. Grow a brain

ShawkFactory
09-25-2016, 03:15 AM
I'd take Duncan first. His IQ and unselfishness mixed with his skills would play well with anybody and anything.

I'd have a tough time choosing between Kobe and KG.

Probably Kobe.

FKAri
09-25-2016, 03:23 AM
I think Duncan's slightly better than Kobe but in a draft I'd go with Kobe because as a guard he's less likely to get injured and might be more flexible in the current NBA climate.

Kool Boy
09-25-2016, 04:47 AM
1. Duncan-contributes right away
2. KG- Great big and would be perfect if paired with a scorer-see what he did what an out of prime Sprewell
3. Kobe- great player but Big Men are still more valuable in my book

retaxis
09-25-2016, 11:00 AM
Superstar big men who can play both sides of the court like KG and TImmy are so few. One dimensional chuckers who ruin team chemistry...well hey guys got an open spot? I can imitate jordan and take fadeaways all day too!

Kobe has his place in the NBA but only and only when the team has the best big lineup in the league. They can get the boards on the misses, intimidate opponents with their size, wear down their opponents physically and play enforcer when they need to. Kobe a22lickers make fun of bynum but he was one hell of a player who made his big 7foot presence felt in anyway possible. He will take out a player if needed, he will play dirty if needed and he can box out if called upon as well as do all the deeds of a typical centre. I will draft Kobe if I have a younger Memphis team like 26year old Marc Gasol and Zbo with Kobe would be good but if I was an owner of any other team on the NBA KG is the man i want.