PDA

View Full Version : Should the Celtics keep Smart

AirBonner
09-26-2016, 03:59 PM
If he doesn't improve offensively? He still brings good qualities to the team when his shot isn't falling. Such as being a versatile good defender and getting other teammates good looks. At the same time the Celtics don't have many reliable shooters. So scoring droughts could be real problematic this season. What are your thoughts?

BigKAT
09-26-2016, 04:26 PM
Not sure.

Did you see him in the Hawks Series?
I think it was game 4 of the series, that second Boston win.
He stole the ball and went for the dunk, and then I think he got an important stop on defense.

Something about him felt right, like he had a knack for the game and maybe even a little bit of that clutch gene.

I'm not sure if he is fat or anything, but he feels a bit stocky to me.
Regarding his potential? Great backup PG/SG with some good defensive stuff. But I don't see a reason to think about trading him, he is still pretty cheap.

AirBonner
09-26-2016, 04:54 PM
Not sure.

Did you see him in the Hawks Series?
I think it was game 4 of the series, that second Boston win.
He stole the ball and went for the dunk, and then I think he got an important stop on defense.

Something about him felt right, like he had a knack for the game and maybe even a little bit of that clutch gene.

I'm not sure if he is fat or anything, but he feels a bit stocky to me.
Regarding his potential? Great backup PG/SG with some good defensive stuff. But I don't see a reason to think about trading him, he is still pretty cheap.
I did. That was a great play from him as well as him guarding Millsap. He is stocky and big for his height. Muscular as hell. I think if he dropped a few pounds he could be faster and his offense might find consistency. I do think he has potential. I am just tired of waiting for it lol. With a solid draft class coming up he is expendable but I doubt his market value is very high.

Charlie Sheen
09-26-2016, 05:05 PM
So scoring droughts could be real problematic this season. What are your thoughts?

Inserting Horford into the pick and roll will go a long way to solving this problem.

AirBonner
09-26-2016, 05:09 PM
Inserting Horford into the pick and roll will go a long way to solving this problem.
Good point :cheers:

BigKAT
09-26-2016, 05:50 PM

You could say that about half the guards in the league lol.

Obviously a Pick and roll with a Kevin Love/Al Horfod/LMA is gonna do some good for a Guard's assist numbers. That pick and pop is dangerous as hell nowdays.

bigt
09-27-2016, 10:03 AM
He's one of those guys I like to have on the team but also one I'd happily trade off for the right price. It never hurts to have a tenacious perimeter defender on the team, but he's a bench player until he can pick up his game a bit more. Still young though, so he's got time to develop still.