PDA

View Full Version : D'Antoni announces James Harden as the full time PG for the Rockets

FreezingTsmoove
09-27-2016, 12:03 AM
Oh shit yall :eek:

TheOne
09-27-2016, 01:35 AM
Oh shit yall :eek:

New definition of point guard - guard responsible for scoring points.

bobopenguin
09-27-2016, 01:36 AM
so, other 4 guys just gonna screen and rebound and clear the way for harden, what a bunch of kind ppl.

harden is gonna hold the ball for 23s, break TO records, break 2/3PTA records, fk the defence, wins his scoring title, and fk the team.

lilteapot
09-27-2016, 01:38 AM
so, other 4 guys just gonna screen and rebound and clear the way for harden, what a bunch of kind ppl.

harden is gonna hold the ball for 23s, break TO records, break 2/3PTA records, fk the defence, wins his scoring title, and fk the team.

Basically what he's been doing on the Rockets all along

This means nothing

bobopenguin
09-27-2016, 01:41 AM
Basically what he's been doing on the Rockets all along

This means nothing

actually, u are right. :biggums:

keep-itreal
09-27-2016, 01:50 AM
James Harden = 2017 MVP

retaxis
09-27-2016, 01:58 AM

I know you didn't watch the Suns but Mike's system does not do offensive rebounding okay?

Its fast breaks and double screens drawing fouls or step back jumpers

bizil
09-27-2016, 03:21 AM
Harden has been the primary playmaker for Houston since he's been there. BUT he often played with another PG or combo guard in the backcourt with him. So TECHNICALLY he wasn't the PG in title.

What this COULD MEAN is playing Harden with a natural SG or wing at the SG. So I think Eric Gordon could start at the SG. And then u have Brewer and Ariza at the SF. So in this kind of setup, Harden is flat out the PG. In other lineups, he was the primary playmaker BUT was on the floor with another PG. Typically a defensive minded one like Beverly.

So Harden at the point will be a score first SG who ALSO can be a very good to great passer. He was already the best passing SG in the league as it was.

Smook A.
09-27-2016, 03:32 AM
He's always been our primary playmaker so why not :confusedshrug:

BigKAT
09-27-2016, 06:03 AM
And the Official PG spot becomes even more stacked.
And the SG Spot just lost their poster boy.

Is Butler even a SG anymore? Now that Wade is on the team?

Remember when PG was sorta a SG?

Man. Roles and Positions are becoming murkier then ever.

sunnyboy91
09-27-2016, 06:46 AM
And the Official PG spot becomes even more stacked.
And the SG Spot just lost their poster boy.

Is Butler even a SG anymore? Now that Wade is on the team?

Remember when PG was sorta a SG?

Man. Roles and Positions are becoming murkier then ever.
Butler said during last season that he felt he was a point guard. Then DRose left and I thought for sure Jimmy was going to be the PG of the Bulls. Then they get Rondo and Wade???

I always thought Harden was basically a PG on the offensive end anyways, sort of like Ginobili on the Spurs.

The true SG are Klay, Reddick, Korver, Green, Beal....

aj1987
09-27-2016, 06:57 AM
Harden has been the primary playmaker for Houston since he's been there. BUT he often played with another PG or combo guard in the backcourt with him. So TECHNICALLY he wasn't the PG in title.

What this COULD MEAN is playing Harden with a natural SG or wing at the SG. So I think Eric Gordon could start at the SG. And then u have Brewer and Ariza at the SF. So in this kind of setup, Harden is flat out the PG. In other lineups, he was the primary playmaker BUT was on the floor with another PG. Typically a defensive minded one like Beverly.

So Harden at the point will be a score first SG who ALSO can be a very good to great passer. He was already the best passing SG in the league as it was.
If I had to pick one player to be the primary playmaker last season, I'd still pick Wade over Harden.

CelticBaller
09-27-2016, 07:59 AM
He's always been our primary playmaker so why not :confusedshrug:
Because he's to slow to defend...

Matter of fact, yeah why not, its not like he plays defense anyways

gasolina
09-27-2016, 09:08 AM
Announcement makes no sense, as people already said Harden is the only playmaker.

The reason Beverley was there because you had no one to defend, you know... the super stacked point guards in the WCF.

Westbrook, CP3, Curry, Conley, Lillard...

And don't anyone say Ariza

Wally450
09-27-2016, 09:34 AM
So are the putting Beverly as the full time SG to balance it?

Darius
09-27-2016, 11:28 AM
In the words of Reddit: "LUL".

Prediction: this will end poorly.

AintNoSunshine
09-27-2016, 01:02 PM
Lol good, saves the only passing from point guard to Harden, might as well let him have the ball from the beginning.

SCdac
09-27-2016, 02:00 PM
Might as well right... holds the ball so much anyways... will be interesting seeing him running the offense and running set plays ... "ok pass the ball and be ready to get the ball right back for the jumper"... rinse and repeat lol

32MJ32
09-28-2016, 03:06 AM
Who is going to guard the other team's point guard, if presumably their starting 5 features Harden, Gordon and Ariza?

Steph/Kyrie/Russ/insert your favourite might go for the *Wilt holding up poorly drawn sign* on the 2016-17 Rockets.