Lebron23
09-27-2016, 01:44 AM
Do you think they beat Jordan's Bulls?

FreezingTsmoove
09-27-2016, 01:48 AM
L.

Bawkish
09-27-2016, 03:01 AM
what's with Lebron colluding again even in fantasy matchups?

Lebron23
09-27-2016, 03:03 AM

The only one who's colluding is Kevin Durant who signed with the Warriors. Perfect Opportunity for LeBron to win his 5th NBA MVP.

WayOfWad3
09-27-2016, 04:16 AM
I'd say so. The Jazz were literally one (missed) shot away from Game 7 in 98', surely LeBron could at least won them that game, and at least one more

fiddy
09-27-2016, 05:30 AM
Does Bran still get HGH?

fourkicks44
09-27-2016, 05:49 AM
Do you think Stockton is giving up the ball so Lebron can play 'point forward'?

Lebron would have to change his game up to fit in with the team.

Lebron23
09-27-2016, 05:53 AM
Does Bran still get HGH?

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Lebronxrings
09-27-2016, 06:57 AM
i don't see how they lose. Lebron with delly as his second option made the finals and pushed one of the greatest teams to 6 games.

fiddy
09-27-2016, 06:59 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Whats that? "Yes, ofc"?

Lebron23
09-27-2016, 07:12 AM
i don't see how they lose. Lebron with delly as his second option made the finals and pushed one of the greatest teams to 6 games.

This

guy
09-27-2016, 09:26 AM

If it really worked like that, then Lebron should have like 5-6 titles now, maybe more.

SouBeachTalents
09-27-2016, 09:47 AM
Just adding him on the team? Of course they do. If you replace Malone with him, I'm not sure how good of a fit LeBron/Stockton would be, but regardless this becomes a much more interesting debate. They might split the two Finals against the Bulls

Gimmedarock
09-27-2016, 06:45 PM
I can't see how Lebron would mesh with Stockton & Malone. Lebron's game demands he have the ball a lot to be successful. His creating for teammates is one of his biggest strengths. What would Stockton do just spot up for jumpers? Now if the Jazz had a potent outside shooter like, dare I say it, Durant, they probably would've won.

BigKAT
09-27-2016, 06:46 PM
I don't think Lebron and Stockton is a good combination.

Lebron thrives with off-ball scorers.
Malone? Yeah. Though they kinda share the same spots on the inside.

Maybe put Lebron on the Knicks. The Knicks who pushed Jordan's bulls to 7.
Yeah, on that team he can take them out. Maybe.

But I don't think the Jazz is a good fit.

GrapeApe
09-27-2016, 06:55 PM
As has been mentioned, the Jazz would be a terrible fit. Lebron would be an off-ball player, and that certainly isn't his strength. The talent upgrade alone might win them a title, but it's less than ideal situation for Lebron in terms of maximizing his abilities.

Duncan21formvp
09-27-2016, 08:00 PM
No only because we see when Lebron plays with other superstars that the other superstars become like Role players. Having Stockton would be useless if Lebron has the ball all the time.

Harison
09-27-2016, 08:13 PM
Instead of Malone? No.

Just add to the team? Maybe, depends how he adjusts to the role without the ball. It didnt look good in few cases he tried, but who knows, with Stockton feeding him in perfect spots and Malone taking the most of defensive attention, Lebron could thrive as 2nd option. In such case I see no reason why they wouldnt take out Bulls, maybe even multiple times.

LostCause
09-27-2016, 08:15 PM
Realistically, Sloan isn't going to take the ball out of Stocktons hands even with Bron on the team. He'll very likely give Lebron possessions TO create for others, but the pick/roll with Stockton/Malone will remain their bread/butter

So while Bron may not be maximizing his talents in that system, dude would be a beast as a play-finisher or secondary creator. Having Lebron play this role on the Jazz pretty much makes them unstoppable with Bron pretty much being able to do anything on offense (Finish, Kick the ball around, Post up, etc) and their offense would be quite similar to the more modern NBA offenses

On the other end, recall that for the second three-peat MJ was pretty much carrying the Bulls offensively. Pippen was a shell of himself on that side of the ball compared to his performance in the 1st 3 peat. So bron being able to help on Jordan or primarily guard him will be a great boon for Utah defensively.

So I can see this Utah team stealing a series from Chicago during the later 3-peat.

Though really, you can do a similar thing plugging an All-Star+ player onto most contenders

soots
09-27-2016, 08:30 PM
MJ was MJ because he did MJ things, like shooting winning shots. He delivered in the finals. You could make a team with the top 10 GOAT in their prime and id put money on MJ making the shot in the last 15 seconds. His stats dont stand out against someone like Wilt or his ring count like Russel. He just had that x-factor that made him deliver when needed.

This is the difference between someone like Karl Malone, who would probably be top 5 GOAT and compared to Kareem if he won rings.

SamuraiSWISH
09-27-2016, 09:25 PM
'97 was the best Jazz team, but faced maybe the 2nd best team of all time statistically. So that one yes possibly.

'98 was the 2nd best Jazz team, and with LeBron that one is definite.

We were on our lest legs in '98. Gassed. Old. Scottie was done. If MJ didn't will us to victory, it's probable it would've went 7 games and we lose.

Mainly for the fact that Scottie Pippen was utterly terrible ... scratch that putrid offensively. Plus, a defensive look of a 6'7 Byros Russell and 6'8 LeBron on old Michael, and crippled Pippen?

Much more difficult than Hornacek, Anderson, and Russell. Often times Scottie was so poor offensively that Utah could afford to throw Jeff Hornacek on him, even in the post, with dude giving up 4 inches to Scottie. That's how disrespectful they were to Pip given his capabilities at that time.

This isn't super athlete, healthy first three peat Scottie we are talking about here.

And given what Mike had to do offensively for those teams to win, even given outside each two teams best player, Utah was the better roster ...

'97 MJ Finals (34 years old) - 32 ppg on 46%

Next Best Scorer - Pippen: 20 ppg on 42%

'98 MJ Finals (35 years old) - 34 ppg on 43%

Next Best Scorer - Pippen: 16 ppg on 41%

Asking MJ to have to go '91 - '93 level both on offense and defense would've just been asking way too much.

Those Jazz teams were already great teams. 60+ win teams. Well coached. Superstars. Malone would play well with LeBron. Stockton might get pushed to the waste side in the process ... But if he came off the bench?

:eek:

You're asking too much of an old, past his prime GOAT, with next to no quality help offensively in terms of someone capable of help sharing a high volume scoring load.

AintNoSunshine
09-27-2016, 10:40 PM
There comes your stupid hypotheticals again.

Add a top 5 All Time great to an already great team with 2 top 30 players who by themselves took Jordan to 6 games.

:facepalm

Smoke117
09-27-2016, 11:09 PM
'97 was the best Jazz team, but faced maybe the 2nd best team of all time statistically. So that one yes possibly.

'98 was the 2nd best Jazz team, and with LeBron that one is definite.

We were on our lest legs in '98. Gassed. Old. Scottie was done. If MJ didn't will us to victory, it's probable it would've went 7 games and we lose.

Mainly for the fact that Scottie Pippen was utterly terrible ... scratch that putrid offensively. Plus, a defensive look of a 6'7 Byros Russell and 6'8 LeBron on old Michael, and crippled Pippen?

Much more difficult than Hornacek, Anderson, and Russell. Often times Scottie was so poor offensively that Utah could afford to throw Jeff Hornacek on him, even in the post, with dude giving up 4 inches to Scottie. That's how disrespectful they were to Pip given his capabilities at that time.

LMFAO...Scottie was so terrible that he was by far the best defensive player in the Finals series through the first four games when they were up 3-1...he was so terrible he was the favorite for FMVP before he hurt his back in game 5...he was so horrible offensively he averaged 20ppg on 47% through the first four games before he reinjured his back. :facepalm You're such a joke when it comes to Michael Jordan...a ****ing grown ass man acting like a goddamn 10-year-old.

SamuraiSWISH
09-27-2016, 11:13 PM
LMFAO...Scottie was so terrible that he was by far the best defensive player in the Finals series through the first four games when they were up 3-1...he was so terrible he was the favorite for FMVP before he hurt his back in game 5...he was so horrible offensively he averaged 20ppg on 47% through the first four games before he reinjured his back. :facepalm You're such a joke when it comes to Michael Jordan...a ****ing grown ass man acting like a goddamn 10-year-old.
Aren't you acting the same way about Pippen?

You either lack self awareness or you're crazy.

Defense is primarily effort based. Always has been. It's why even a guy like Kirk Hinrich, Patrick Beverly and Tony Allen are so good at it. Hard nosed, tough guys not afraid to be embarrassed. Who try hard at that end.

The whole Bulls defense was stifling. Not just Pippen. But offense is skill based. Pippen was undoubtedly putrid on that end for the entire second three peat. And especially 1998.

Smoke117
09-27-2016, 11:15 PM
Aren't you acting the same way about Pippen?

You either lack self awareness or you're crazy.

Defense is primarily effort based. Always has been. It's why even a guy like Kirk Hinrich, Patrick Beverly and Tony Allen are so good at it. Hard nosed, tough guys not afraid to be embarrassed. Who try hard at that end.

The whole Bulls defense was stifling. Not just Pippen. But offense is skill based. Pippen was undoubtedly putrid on that end for the entire second three peat. And especially 1998.

You just said Michael Jordan was a better rookie than David Robinson...how ****ing absurd is that? LOL. It's not even close in regards to their impact. So don't come and attack me over my stanning when you are one of the biggest ****ing stans of ANYBODY HERE, PERIOD.

LMFAO...now defense is just effort...I guess anybody can be a Scottie Pippen, David Robinson, Jason Kidd, Hakeem Olajuwon, huh? Jesus christ you're pathetic...I'm not responding to anymore of your bullshit in relation to Jordan and Pippen again...I don't have time to argue with dipshit children. (which you are mentally)

SamuraiSWISH
09-27-2016, 11:18 PM
You just said Michael Jordan was a better rookie than David Robinson...how ****ing absurd is that? LOL. It's not even close in regards to their impact. So don't come and attack me over my stanning when you are one of the biggest ****ing stans of ANYBODY HERE, PERIOD
Stop. You go overboard with massive over hype stanning of Pippen all the time.

It's not that absurd. I was just making the comparison to MVP Kobe. David has an argument. Just as Jordan does. There is no definitive right answer. You're acting like me saying rookie Mike is a ridiculous assertion.

Btw you're he one cussing up a storm, acting like a crazy drunk cholo spick again.

Smoke117
09-27-2016, 11:20 PM
Stop. You go overboard with massive over hype stanning of Pippen all the time.

It's not that absurd. I was just making the comparison to MVP Kobe. David has an argument. Just as Jordan does. There is no definitive right answer. You're acting like me saying rookie Mike is a ridiculous assertion.

Btw you're he one cussing up a storm, acting like a crazy drunk spick again.

IT IS COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS...the Bulls went from 27 wins to 38 wins Jordan's first season...the Spurs went from 21 wins to 56 wins and took the Blazers to 7 games in the 2nd round...its not even close. Jordan put up numbers, but his impact wasn't anywhere near Robinson's, period. Get your head out of MJ's ass and use some objectivity for once. Jordan certainly wouldn't be above Shaq either that's for sure.

Also, I don't do anything like you...I DON'T BELITTLE OTHER PLAYERS TO PUT MY FAVORITE PLAYERS ON A PEDESTAL...so don't compare us in any way. Also notice that I actually provide facts and numbers while you just throw out bullshit. Oh and good job on taking a racist jab...that really makes you look intelligent. *thumbs up* I'm not angry all the time either...I just don't suffer fools.

MrFonzworth
09-27-2016, 11:34 PM
There comes your stupid hypotheticals again.

Add a top 5 All Time great to an already great team with 2 top 30 players who by themselves took Jordan to 6 games.

:facepalm

This. Thread shouldnt even exist.

Lebron23
09-27-2016, 11:58 PM
Instead of Malone? No.

Just add to the team? Maybe, depends how he adjusts to the role without the ball. It didnt look good in few cases he tried, but who knows, with Stockton feeding him in perfect spots and Malone taking the most of defensive attention, Lebron could thrive as 2nd option. In such case I see no reason why they wouldnt take out Bulls, maybe even multiple times.

Lebron is better than Malone and Stockton. Jazz could have won the 1998 NBA Finals if only Stockton play like a true 2nd scoring option. People are calling Malone a playoffs and finals choker, but Stockton was a terrible finals performer.

Smoke117
09-28-2016, 12:02 AM
Lebron is better than Malone and Stockton. Jazz could have won the 1998 NBA Finals if only Stockton play like a true 2nd scoring option. People are calling Malone a playoffs and finals choker, but Stockton was a terrible finals performer.

...Stockton was 34 and 35 in his two finals appearances. What is Lebron's excuse for 2007 and 2011? Neither of Stockton's finals were bad either...why don't just do us a favor and just stick to the ONLY PLAYER you actually have any knowledge about?

Lebron23
09-28-2016, 12:11 AM
...Stockton was 34 and 35 in his two finals appearances. What is Lebron's excuse for 2007 and 2011? Neither of Stockton's finals were bad either...why don't just do us a favor and just stick to the ONLY PLAYER you actually have any knowledge about?

It's bad compared to his rivals like Magic and Isiah Thomas. Malone and Stockton were eliminated plenty of times in the earlier round of the playoffs. How many times did Stockton scored 30 points in a playoffs series? Only twice. You cannot win if your point guard cannot take over. That's what separates the Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas, Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, and Stephen Curry. The Sloan System is kinda like the D'Antoni System. Only works in the regular season, but not in the playoffs. We all know what happened to Deron once he no longer played with the Sloan Pick and Roll System. He only had 2 good seasons with the Nets.

kamil
09-28-2016, 12:43 AM

:lol :lol :lol

Round Mound
09-28-2016, 01:40 AM
Stockton would beast feed in the fast break with two of the best finishers of all time.

3ball
09-28-2016, 03:48 PM
Do you think they beat Jordan's Bulls?

On paper, it seems that the Jazz have a significant advantage, just like Lebron's Big 3 in Miami and Cleveland had significant talent advantages over their conference rivals.

But would the talent advantage result in a better team?... 2011 showed us that Lebron-led teams with massive talent edges are susceptible to chemistry gridlock and lack of teamwork, in part due to his long-decision-making and ball-dominance.

Furthermore, even before 2011, we'd already seen below-average teamwork from Lebron-led teams when they lost as favored 1 seeds with HCA in 2009 and 2010.

feyki
09-28-2016, 04:22 PM

:lol :lol

Fetish colluder :oldlol:

Dragonyeuw
09-29-2016, 02:46 PM
It's bad compared to his rivals like Magic and Isiah Thomas. Malone and Stockton were eliminated plenty of times in the earlier round of the playoffs. How many times did Stockton scored 30 points in a playoffs series? Only twice. You cannot win if your point guard cannot take over.

The Bulls with John Paxson and BJ Armstrong
The Rockets with Kenny Smith
The Spurs with Avery Johnson
The Lakers with Derek Fisher
The Heat with Jason Williams
The Celtics with Rondo
The Mavs with 38 year old Jason Kidd

Those players didn't have 'takeover' ability, nor did they need to, because they had other players who could.

You're out of your mind if you think a team led by John Stockton couldn't win a championship, if not for running into one of the GOAT teams twice. His 97 finals stats were 15/9/4 on 61% TS. PGs have done much less and won titles.