PDA

View Full Version : Deepest position per decade

BigKAT
09-27-2016, 12:10 PM
90s - Big man (Hakeem, Shaq, Robinson, Ewing)

2000s - Wings (Kobe, Tmac, Dwade, Lebron, Vince carter, Paul Pierce etc..)

2010's- Kinda looks like it's going to be Pointguards. An influx of All-star level pointguards is really flooding the league with guys like Curry, Kyrie, CP3, Lillard, Westbrook, Isiah Thomas, Kyle Lowery and such. Is this the deepest position of this current decade?

Or do you perhaps think this Big men rennesisance is the real deal?
With guys like Embiid, Okafor, KAT, Porzingis, Drummond and AD reclaiming the league anytime soon?

What do you guys think?

iamgine
09-27-2016, 12:41 PM
If we're talking about depth here I think 90s point guards are deeper than centers with Stockton, Payton, KJ, Kidd, Tim & Penny Hardaway, Mark Jackson & Price. Maybe also Magic who was still MVP level in early 90s.

rmt
09-27-2016, 12:48 PM
Or do you perhaps think this Big men rennesisance is the real deal?
With guys like Embiid, Okafor, KAT, Porzingis, Drummond and AD reclaiming the league anytime soon?

What do you guys think?

Duncan, KG, Dirk, Webber, Rasheed, P. Gasol, Jermaine, Bosh, Amare of 00s were a pretty good batch of PFs.

RRR3
09-27-2016, 01:36 PM
Duncan, KG, Dirk, Webber, Rasheed, P. Gasol, Jermaine, Bosh, Amare of 00s were a pretty good batch of PFs.
Also Elton Brand, Zach Randolph, Carlos Boozer, Antawn Jamison, David Lee

jlip
09-27-2016, 01:43 PM
90s - Big man (Hakeem, Shaq, Robinson, Ewing)

I think the late 60's/ early 70's may be the golden era of big men, especially centers. For instance, in 1971, you had hall of fame centers such as Wilt, Bellamy, Reed, Kareem, Thurmond, and Unseld. That doesn't include ROY Hall of Fame center Bob Lanier and other hall of fame power forwards such as Dave Cowens, Elvin Hayes, and Jerry Lucas. With 17 teams in the league that season, there is a strong likelihood you would be facing a fall of fame big man every 2 or 3 games.

Bankaii
09-27-2016, 04:52 PM
2010 Small Forwards>>>
Bron, KD, Kawhi, Paul George, Melo. Thats 3 top 5 players, a top 10 player, and top 15 player right there.
Then there's young talent like Wiggins, Hayward, Giannis, Jimmy Butler(?), Barnes, and then oldies like Iggy, Rudy Gay, Pierce, Granger too.

Young X
09-27-2016, 04:59 PM
If we're talking about depth here I think 90s point guards are deeper than centers with Stockton, Payton, KJ, Kidd, Tim & Penny Hardaway, Mark Jackson & Price. Maybe also Magic who was still MVP level in early 90s.The 90's point guards > the point guards now.

bizil
09-27-2016, 07:26 PM
The 2000s era was the Golden Age historically for the SG-swingman and the PF. In terms of depth, I would lean to the PF's in that decade overall. The 80's were OWNED by the SF's. The 90's and today I would give to the PG's. For the 60's and 70's, I would go with the centers.

sunnyboy91
09-28-2016, 02:33 AM
I hope the low post big man comes back......I really hope that Embiid can be a beast in the low post. I wanna see more players like McHale and Olajuwon dominating down there. I so sick and tired of soft bigs who have no post game and just shoot threes. Watching DMC last year shoot threes was a cringeworthy joke.

90s - C
00s - PF
10s - PG