PDA

View Full Version : Where does Kyrie Irving Rank on Your All Time List?

Nilocon165
09-27-2016, 01:54 PM
Not even a joke thread.

26 ppg vs a 73 win team in your first finals is something:

He's not even like a Top 5-10 player in the league though so it makes sense to not have him ranked.

If not, what do you think he has to accomplish to get in your top 20, 30, or 40?

JT123
09-27-2016, 02:08 PM
I don't rank players who've never made the playoffs as the man

FKAri
09-27-2016, 02:26 PM
I don't rank players who've never made the playoffs as the man
By "man" do you mean #1 option or team leader?

SouBeachTalents
09-27-2016, 02:36 PM
Lol c'mon, if he retired today would he even make the top 100?

Nilocon165
09-27-2016, 02:42 PM
Lol c'mon, if he retired today would he even make the top 100?
I mean hey ESPN put Kevin love in their top 100

SCdac
09-27-2016, 02:47 PM
Assuming he has a long, healthy career... could see him being somewhere between top-50 and top-70... If he wins an MVP or Finals MVP maybe even higher ... For perspective, his 27 ppg in the Finals last season was more than Parker scored in the 2007 Finals (24.5 ppg) when he won FMVP... Kyrie wasn't a #1 overall pick for no reason

DukeDelonte13
09-27-2016, 09:32 PM
I don't know, but he's young a very accomplished. On top of all the individual accolades that game winning shot in game 7 has to be one of the biggest shots ever.

RedBlackAttack
09-27-2016, 10:30 PM
I don't know, but he's young a very accomplished. On top of all the individual accolades that game winning shot in game 7 has to be one of the biggest shots ever.
To go along with all of the huge shots and memorable moments, here's what he has accumulated through 2016, during which he was 23-years-old...

Accomplishments
1x NBA Champion (2016)
2x Eastern Conference Champion (2015 & 2016)
1x All NBA (2015)
3x All-Star (2013, 2014, 2015)
Rookie of the Year (2012)
1x All-Star Game MVP (117 of 120 votes)
1x 3-Point Shootout Champion
1x Rising Stars MVP (2013)
1x Olympic Gold Medalist (2016)
1x FIBA World Cup Champion (2014)
1x FIBA World Cup MVP (2014)

Notables
*Youngest player in NBA history to score 40+ points in Madison Square Garden -- 41 points on Dec. 16, 2012 (20 years old).

*Set Cavaliers franchise record for most points in a game (57). He set the mark during a road win over the defending NBA champion San Antonio Spurs, surpassing the previous franchise high of 56 points scored by LeBron James against Toronto in 2005. It also stands as the most points for a player in a regular-season game against a defending champion since January 14, 1962, when Wilt Chamberlain scored 62 points for the Philadelphia Warriors in a loss against the Celtics. Irving was 22 years old at the time of the record.

*Set the Cavaliers franchise record for most points in a home game. Irving set that mark in a Jan. 28th, 2015, win versus the Portland Trailblazers at Quicken Loans Arena.

*Set Cavaliers franchise record for most 3-pointers in a game -- 11 versus Portland in 2015.

*Became only the second player in NBA history to score 40+ points in a Finals game on 70+% from the field. Irving set this mark in a win over the Warriors in Game 5 of the 2016 Finals. Irving scored 41 points on 17-of-24 (71%) from the field, 5-of-7 from three, and 2-of-2 from the free throw line.

*Irving and LeBron James became the first duo to ever score 40+ points in the same game in NBA Finals history.

*Averaged 30.0 points on 52.3% FG, 52.9% 3PT, 100% FT, in the final three games of the 2016 Finals, helping to make the Cavaliers the first team to erase a 3-1 deficit in NBA Finals history. Cleveland also became the second team in NBA Playoff history to win a road Game 7 after trailing a series 3-1. Irving hit the final shot of the 2016 Finals, a three-pointer that ultimately proved to be the deciding basket in clinching the first title for a Cleveland sports team in 52 years.

*Became the 4th basketball player to ever win an NBA Title and an Olympic Gold Medal in the same summer. The other three are Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and LeBron James.

Not a bad start to a career for a guy just entering his 24-year-old season.

RRR3
09-27-2016, 10:31 PM
It's really weird that LeBron has the single game record for points for the Heat and not the Cavs :oldlol:

To the thread: You can't really rank Kyrie yet. It's like asking where to rank Damian Lillard or Paul George. Too early.

warriorfan
09-27-2016, 10:32 PM
LeBron only won with Wade and Kyrie. Big time legacy hit.

RRR3
09-27-2016, 10:34 PM
LeBron only won with Wade and Kyrie. Big time legacy hit.
Curry only wins when the other team is crippled.

Lebronxrings
09-27-2016, 10:37 PM
hes a glorified steve kerr...

Nilocon165
09-27-2016, 10:43 PM
hes a glorified steve kerr...
Um I don't even know how to reply to this are you even supposed to argue with ish trolls anymore

soots
09-28-2016, 12:16 AM
I personally rate Kyrie ceiling very high. I think of him as a modern day AI plus injuries. He has higher than Wade ceiling to me and i expect him to go off and carry/lead the LBJ Cavs atleast every 1/3 games.

Smoke117
09-28-2016, 12:25 AM
Not a joke thread? I disagree.

Da Real Lambo
09-28-2016, 12:28 AM
Already above Lebron. Dude won it all on his first collusion year (and first finals) just compare that to what lequit pulled back in 2011. Alpha genes.

Red Flame
09-28-2016, 01:42 AM
kyrie is big time not afraid of the moment and has proved time and time again he belongs. From what ive seen so far i think he has the potential to end up in the top 30 range or even higher :confusedshrug:

Dragonyeuw
09-28-2016, 07:28 AM
Um I don't even know how to reply to this are you even supposed to argue with ish trolls anymore

Don't bother. Things have been better the last few days, don't empower idiots like that by responding to them.

aj1987
09-28-2016, 07:51 AM
I personally rate Kyrie ceiling very high. I think of him as a modern day AI plus injuries. He has higher than Wade ceiling to me and i expect him to go off and carry/lead the LBJ Cavs atleast every 1/3 games.
Higher ceiling than Wade? Do you know how high Wade peaked? 30/5/8/2/1 on elite efficiency and 3rd in DPOY. Yeah, I don't see Kylie doing that. Like ever.

Kenomax
09-28-2016, 08:44 AM
Is Kyrie top 50 player in the league today? It's debatable.
All-time, probably out of top 300.
Topic is a joke, should be closed.

D-Wait
09-28-2016, 11:47 AM
Goat obviously. :pimp:

Dragonyeuw
09-28-2016, 12:02 PM
Higher ceiling than Wade? Do you know how high Wade peaked? 30/5/8/2/1 on elite efficiency and 3rd in DPOY. Yeah, I don't see Kylie doing that. Like ever.

It's amazing how underrated Wade has become. The guy has posted the best across the board statistical seasons ( points, assists, rebounds, steals, blocks, fg%) of any SG since MJ, and Kyrie is going to eclipse that? Just on the defensive side alone, he's nowhere near that talent. Offense is his bread and butter, and he's probably a 25 pgg on good TS numbers guy in his prime, but the two-way force that peak Wade was? Not happening.

Bankaii
09-28-2016, 01:25 PM
It's amazing how underrated Wade has become. The guy has posted the best across the board statistical seasons ( points, assists, rebounds, steals, blocks, fg%) of any SG since MJ, and Kyrie is going to eclipse that? Just on the defensive side alone, he's nowhere near that talent. Offense is his bread and butter, and he's probably a 25 pgg on good TS numbers guy in his prime, but the two-way force that peak Wade was? Not happening.
I don't even think he's underrated, it's just that people either didn't watch him in 09 or have really bad memory. He had at worst a top 15 peak all time.

If all you watched were the Heatles years then yea Kyrie can surpass that. But in relation to peak Wade, I don't see Kyrie reaching that mix of efficiency/dominance/consistency. I'm not even going to bring up defense.

Dragonyeuw
09-28-2016, 01:30 PM
I don't even think he's underrated, it's just that people either didn't watch him in 09 or have really bad memory. He had at worst a top 15 peak all time.

If all you watched were the Heatles years then yea Kyrie can surpass that. But in relation to peak Wade, I don't see Kyrie reaching that mix of efficiency/dominance/consistency. I'm not even going to bring up defense.

Probably that. There's a very bad case of 'what have you done lately' in basketball( or sports in general, I guess).

Lebron23
09-28-2016, 01:33 PM
It's very early to rank his career, but if he keeps winning, and even win an NBA Finals MVP he's a potential top 30-35 player of all time.

egokiller
09-28-2016, 01:37 PM
Can rank him yet, but unlike many other players the greater the stakes, the better he plays. 40ppg on 75% in finals is unheard of. He's only 24 so if he stays healthy, it's going to be scary. He shitted on Curry and will continue to dominate on anyone in critical games who opposes him as he gets older and better. Simply put, he "gets it".

feyki
09-28-2016, 01:51 PM
Somewhere between 627-712 .

RedBlackAttack
09-28-2016, 02:07 PM
Probably that. There's a very bad case of 'what have you done lately' in basketball( or sports in general, I guess).
Who even brought up Wade in the first place? Or any specific player? It was a Wade fan, not vice versa.

Obviously, the thread is premature by about a decade. Irving has had a great start to his career as I illustrated above. Beyond that, what can be said about a player's standing in an all-time sense when he just finished his 23yo season? Not much.

It has nothing to do with Dwyane Wade. They aren't even remotely similar players.

Dragonyeuw
09-28-2016, 03:47 PM
Who even brought up Wade in the first place? Or any specific player? It was a Wade fan, not vice versa.

Obviously, the thread is premature by about a decade. Irving has had a great start to his career as I illustrated above. Beyond that, what can be said about a player's standing in an all-time sense when he just finished his 23yo season? Not much.

It has nothing to do with Dwyane Wade. They aren't even remotely similar players.

Wade's name was brought up on the first page, and not by me, and whose name has been referenced at least 3 times before I even chimed in. So I'm not sure why you singled out my post, but you may wish to direct your query to those who brought him into the discussion. Better yet, why don't you tackle the dumbasses who say shit like he's a glorified Steve Kerr.

BigKAT
09-28-2016, 04:39 PM
The dude is 24.

At least wait until his 7th or 8th season.

RedBlackAttack
09-28-2016, 04:55 PM
Wade's name was brought up on the first page, and not by me, and whose name has been referenced at least 3 times before I even chimed in. So I'm not sure why you singled out my post, but you may wish to direct your query to those who brought him into the discussion. Better yet, why don't you tackle the dumbasses who say shit like he's a glorified Steve Kerr.
...because people who say that aren't worth responding to. I pointed out your post because you insinuated Wade was being underrated due to recency bias. I didn't see that as being the case in this thread. Not really a big deal, tbh.

Dragonyeuw
09-28-2016, 06:11 PM
...because people who say that aren't worth responding to. I pointed out your post because you insinuated Wade was being underrated due to recency bias. I didn't see that as being the case in this thread. Not really a big deal, tbh.

I wasn't referring to those in this thread, I was speaking in general. Perhaps I should have stated that to avoid confusion, but I really didn't think anyone was going to go to the trouble of picking out my post for that reason specifically.

aj1987
09-28-2016, 11:22 PM

I didn't bring up Wade and soots (the person who referenced Wade's name first) is not a "Wade fan".