PDA

View Full Version : Rockets needs to surround Harden with a solid defensive point guard

Lebron23
09-28-2016, 01:31 AM
Ala Marcus Smart, or Avery Bradley, and if he wants to play the point guard position needs a defensive shooting guard like Andre Robertson.

G-train
09-28-2016, 02:22 AM
Ala Marcus Smart, or Avery Bradley, and if he wants to play the point guard position needs a defensive shooting guard like Andre Robertson.

Like Pat Beverley?

Lebron23
09-28-2016, 02:35 AM
Like Pat Beverley?

Those guys are better than Him. But Seriously Harden needs to stop padding his numbers, and concentrates in his defense.

QuebecBaller
09-28-2016, 04:41 AM
Those guys are better than Him. But Seriously Harden needs to stop padding his numbers, and concentrates in his defense.

and he have the perfect coach to do this

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BigKAT
09-28-2016, 06:08 AM

Yes.
Yes please.

That would really make the rockets alot better.
Smart has potential but Avery is a beast as a supplementry guard to a Superstar guard.

SmackOrH.A.K
09-28-2016, 11:58 AM
i would love marcus smart. we made a competitive co offer to Kent Bazemore but he stayed in ATL for less money.

fiddy
09-28-2016, 12:54 PM
Isnt Haren playing PG this season? Wtf thread

PP34Deuce
09-28-2016, 02:43 PM
Beverly is a pest but will get ate up on any SG with size to post up.

If you want Harden playing PG full time, you want an interchangeable PG or combo guard.

Marcus Smart, Bradley, Delly would probably be ideal.

They should try to get Archie Goodwin. Smooth combo guy that can score but also play defense on 1's and 2's.

egokiller
09-28-2016, 02:58 PM
Isnt Haren playing PG this season? Wtf thread

Correct, he has been moved to full time PG this season. The turnovers are gonna be good.

BeastMode24
09-29-2016, 01:39 AM
patrick beverely is actually a great fit with Harden. great defensively and a good 3 point shooter.

GimmeThat
09-29-2016, 02:07 AM

the thing about him playing with Andre Robertson, is I don't see James Harden actually playing out the defensive assignment on opposing point guards.

you can play Ariza/Robertson and Harden switch out on shooters

but for Robertson to defend opposing PG, he needs to be able to stay on his feet.

I don't know how much player improves from watching tapes of themselves, but I'm more so convinced that you'd have to play a defensive 2 next to Roberston in order for him to develop.

will the team have the ugliest offense? yes, but you shoot 35%, they shoot 48%, and if you grab 7 rebounds to the opponents 3-4. all you need now is a paint scorer that can play 10-13 minutes and the opponent coach is left with fundamentals and principles after your 4th to 5th screen.