PDA

View Full Version : LeBron "personal goal is to surpass Jordan"

JohnMax
09-28-2016, 05:11 PM
https://overcast.fm/+HJ8C7xdFo/0:57

"It's a personal goal. I just never brought it up. It's my own personal goal to be able to be greater than great. I think that should be everybody's personal goal.

3ball
09-28-2016, 05:55 PM
http://www.nba.com/2016/news/09/27/l....ap/index.html

He's trying to match Jordan's accomplishments by team-hopping around the league every few years to play with the best talent.

That means he'll never match Jordan... He can't even match Jordan if we only use Jordan's pre-baseball accomplishments:

MJ had the same 3 rings and 3 fmvps that that Lebron has, except Jordan's required 30% (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418432) more scoring in the playoffs with equal assists.. Lebron has 1 more regular season MVP, but Jordan has 1 more DPOY and never team-hopped (hence needing 30% more scoring to win his 3 rings).

theaussieguy
09-28-2016, 06:22 PM
lol pathetic, I can finally see Lebron as a great, but hes still an A grade clown. Classic frontrunner mentality, starts talking about this stuff AFTER he wins. We all know he would never have said a word if he lost. Its so cringy that he doesn't understand how transparent he is.

Beastmode88
09-28-2016, 06:23 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

egokiller
09-28-2016, 06:26 PM
He is sitting on a 3/7 finals record talking about how he gonna overtake a 6/6 finals record.

They don't teach math well in Akron.

Spurs m8
09-28-2016, 06:28 PM
He already can't LMAO

Asukal
09-28-2016, 06:33 PM
I don't get how a 3/7 is supposedly close to getting to 6/6.... :hammerhead:

It's much closer to wilt's 2/7, he should aim for that. :oldlol:

MP.Trey
09-28-2016, 06:45 PM
How dare he try to be better!

AirBonner
09-28-2016, 06:48 PM
He is sitting on a 3/7 finals record talking about how he gonna overtake a 6/6 finals record.

Same age same amount of titles. And he has a few good years left. :facepalm

Nilocon165
09-28-2016, 06:55 PM
How dare he try to be better!
Lol for real like fck him for having motivation right?

"My personal goal is to surpass Jor-"

"YOU CANT DO IT 3/7 ***** BITCH NOT EVEN CLOSE"

Da_Realist
09-28-2016, 07:12 PM
lol pathetic, I can finally see Lebron as a great, but hes still an A grade clown. Classic frontrunner mentality, starts talking about this stuff AFTER he wins. We all know he would never have said a word if he lost. Its so cringy that he doesn't understand how transparent he is.

Yep :oldlol:

BedroomBully
09-28-2016, 07:18 PM
He's trying to match Jordan's accomplishments by team-hopping around the league every few years to play with the best talent.

That means he'll never match Jordan... He can't even match Jordan if we only use Jordan's pre-baseball accomplishments:

MJ had the same 3 rings and 3 fmvps that that Lebron has, except Jordan's required 30% (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418432) more scoring in the playoffs with equal assists.. Lebron has 1 more regular season MVP, but Jordan has 1 more DPOY and never team-hopped (hence needing 30% more scoring to win his 3 rings).
A lottery team is the "best talent"?

SwayDizzle
09-28-2016, 07:18 PM
noting wrong with aiming high in life. thing is, he has a lot of other all time greats he needs to surpass before jordan.

BedroomBully
09-28-2016, 07:23 PM
Wilt? Check. Larry Bird? Check. Kobe? Check. Next up, MJ. Let the guy aspire to something. Your trolls should focus more on how to obtain the sweet nectar of a woman instead of putting so much effort into hating one of the great ones.

FreezingTsmoove
09-28-2016, 07:23 PM
He should worry about surpassing Larry Bird first

NBAGOAT
09-28-2016, 07:25 PM
it's not happening since Jordan's resume is so good and as SwayDizzle said, he has other guys to pass. Still you're being way too much of a stan if you're getting salty over this. Aussie called him a frontrunner which is true but it be even worse if he said something like this when they were down 3-1 or even after last year. He get clowned like Javale McGee and deservedly so.

AirBonner
09-28-2016, 07:27 PM
Already has.

SouBeachTalents
09-28-2016, 07:28 PM

He called himself the best player in the world last year after losing Game 5 and trailing 3-2 in the Finals and he still got clowned for it

3ball
09-28-2016, 07:30 PM
He called himself the best player in the world last year after losing Game 5 and trailing 3-2 in the Finals and he still got clowned for it
Lebron's a total front-runner, which is why he won all his rings by acquiring goat talent via team-hopping, whereas Jordan won rings by acquiring goat teamwork by staying.

Lebron's superficial, team-hopping rings can't be compared to Jordan's rings that were achieved through years of fostering teamwork and chemistry.

What normally wins - talent or teamwork?.... Jordan is in another DIMENSION from Lebron - you can't begin to compare the 2

SouBeachTalents
09-28-2016, 07:31 PM
Lebron's a total front-runner, which is why he won all his rings by acquiring goat talent via team-hopping, whereas Jordan won rings by acquiring goat teamwork by staying.

Lebron's superficial, team-hopping rings can't be compared to Jordan's rings that were achieved through years of fostering teamwork and chemistry.

What normally wins - talent or teamwork?.... Jordan is in another DIMENSION from Lebron - you can't begin to compare the 2

Then why the fucc do you devote your life to making threads doing nothing but comparing the 2?

AirBonner
09-28-2016, 07:34 PM
Then why the fucc do you devote your life to making threads doing nothing but comparing the 2?
Because somewhere in his autistic brain he knows Lebron is not far off from him.

3ball
09-28-2016, 07:38 PM

:no: ... I'm not "comparing"

I'm bragging about how much better Jordan is... :pimp: :banana:

J Shuttlesworth
09-28-2016, 08:14 PM

You post comparisons all day long. I'd be hard pressed to find a thread where you weren't comparing their stats or teammates production

tpols
09-28-2016, 08:19 PM

3ball barely posts in here anymore.. once in a blue moon.. you cant refute the points though it seems.

plowking
09-28-2016, 11:24 PM

Calling someone a frontrunner after they just came back from a 3-1 deficit in the finals. A comeback never done before in the finals. He is literally the opposite of a front runner.

If anything was cringe in this thread, it was this response, and the other Jordan idiot jocker agreeing with you.

BedroomBully
09-28-2016, 11:43 PM

Bagging? So posting stats side by side, comparing both of them constantly, posting countless paragraphs is just bragging? You probably can't even sleep at night thinking of what dumb $hit you will come up with next.

BedroomBully
09-28-2016, 11:45 PM
3ball barely posts in here anymore.. once in a blue moon.. you cant refute the points though it seems.
Only reason why the troll disappeared for a while was because of that glorious 3-1 comeback.

Bawkish
09-29-2016, 12:01 AM
it's a great motivational goal for him & i respect him for that

Spaulding
09-29-2016, 12:08 AM

He already has. Only Kareem, MJ, Magic and Russel are ahead of him.

Round Mound
09-29-2016, 12:36 AM
[B]He wont.

Jordan > Lebron as a player but he did have Pippen whom > Any of Lebron

pauk
09-29-2016, 12:56 AM
All players goals are to be the best that they can ever be... which includes trying to be better than anybody on the floor, the best now or soon or past few years, one of the best of all time and yes... best ever... Lebron has done all that except that "best ever" thingy... Jordan...

Great mindset, motivation, but thats all, might be unlikely, but not impossible, but its the only goal he can have... what else could give him more motivation... what else is there to try reach...

He has the talent/ability, but the accolades needed to fair & square surpass Jordan is like 3-4 rings in quality (as the man/fmvp) and perhaps 1-2 more mvp... the latter is easier to achieve for him, but the former is not, its a team game, you can be the most skilled/talented dude ever and end up completely ringless if you play with scrubs your entire life... as great as Jordan was, he was kindof lucky aswell as he had maybe the sickest team ever, for very long (at his best years aswell)... it requires a bit lof luck in that supporting cast department, that type of blessings of the basketball gods so to say... and Lebron is not getting any younger... still, dont think its literally impossible...

kamil
09-29-2016, 01:20 AM
That ship sailed years ago. LeBron* is clearly delusional and so are his fans.

pauk
09-29-2016, 01:28 AM
That ship sailed years ago. LeBron* is clearly delusional and so are his fans.

Lebron winning another 3 rings (as the man) and getting 1 more mvp (or whatever it takes?) may not be so extremly likely to happen... but hypothetically not impossible at all...
Not sure who you are talking about, but i dont think there is any delusion in that, delusion would be if i/somebody said "Lebron WILL surpass him"... just as delusional as saying the opposite like you "That ship sailed years ago, it WILL NOT HAPPEN"...

crisoner
09-29-2016, 01:34 AM
good for him.....should be everyones goal

Asukal
09-29-2016, 02:35 AM
Lebron winning another 3 rings (as the man) and getting 1 more mvp (or whatever it takes?) may not be so extremly likely to happen... but hypothetically not impossible at all...
Not sure who you are talking about, but i dont think there is any delusion in that, delusion would be if i/somebody said "Lebron WILL surpass him"... just as delusional as saying the opposite like you "That ship sailed years ago, it WILL NOT HAPPEN"...

Like saying Jordan flopped a lot and not coming up with a single footage? Inb4 I'm still watching game 998388488 and counting bullshit.... :oldlol: :lol :hammerhead:

Da Real Lambo
09-29-2016, 03:11 AM
:lol

ship sailed when he got swept on his first finals lmao

Lebron23
09-29-2016, 03:23 AM
Yes Sir.

JebronLames
09-29-2016, 03:31 AM
One more FMVP...

Lebron23
09-29-2016, 03:36 AM
One more FMVP...

Love to see LeBron wins 6 or 7 titles. You are going to see the meltdowns in this forum.

Milbuck
09-29-2016, 03:38 AM
If Lebron manages to dick slap an even better Warriors team, he's the GOAT imo.

Sarcastic
09-29-2016, 03:55 AM
[QUOTE=Round Mound][B]He wont.

Jordan > Lebron as a player but he did have Pippen whom > Any of Lebron

Round Mound
09-29-2016, 04:26 AM
Wade >> Pippen.

:no: Pippen stats are dliluted since playing with Jordan. 93-94 Pippen was easily better than Wade. Wade is a better scorer but Pippen was a better rebounder, creator of offense or playmaker, coast to coast finisher and THE GOAT DEFENDER at his position.

keep-itreal
09-29-2016, 05:40 AM

:roll:

pauk
09-29-2016, 07:17 AM
Like saying Jordan flopped a lot and not coming up with a single footage? Inb4 I'm still watching game 998388488 and counting bullshit.... :oldlol: :lol :hammerhead:

No, i would come out delusional only to those who didnt really WATCH Jordan live (seen over 600+ or perhaps even all/most of his games, random ones, even most bad ones where he shot horribly, had some airball, traveled, bricked like hell, underperformed, failed to draw a charge or a foul offensively and got caught (flop), saw his bloopers/fails in any way).... and hence build their Jordan evaluation on only his youtube highlights / career highlights games building this perfect image of him being.... perfect... godlike... untouchable.... and being a Lebron hater meanwhile, creates this perfect agenda...

So in essence, YOU are delusional... unobjective... illogical even.... anybody who has watched Jordan live through the good and bad.. know he also got caught flopping... its perfectly normal, its part of the game, everybody got caught...

PS: Have no idea how this has anything to do with this thread or what i said... wtf? Anyways, Im sure i gave "a single footage", lots of it on google, just type "Jordan flop", even some on youtube.... enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jordan+flop ... if you have watched "998388488 games" and not seen examples like this, perhaps even dont count these as flops then yea, its you who is very delusional....

Now, please stop derailing the thread.

AirFederer
09-29-2016, 07:19 AM
All players goals are to be the best that they can ever be... which includes trying to be better than anybody on the floor, the best now or soon or past few years, one of the best of all time and yes... best ever... Lebron has done all that except that "best ever" thingy... Jordan...

Great mindset, motivation, but thats all, might be unlikely, but not impossible, but its the only goal he can have... what else could give him more motivation... what else is there to try reach...

He has the talent/ability, but the accolades needed to fair & square surpass Jordan is like 3-4 rings in quality (as the man/fmvp) and perhaps 1-2 more mvp... the latter is easier to achieve for him, but the former is not, its a team game, you can be the most skilled/talented dude ever and end up completely ringless if you play with scrubs your entire life... as great as Jordan was, he was kindof lucky aswell as he had maybe the sickest team ever, for very long (at his best years aswell)... it requires a bit lof luck in that supporting cast department, that type of blessings of the basketball gods so to say... and Lebron is not getting any younger... still, dont think its literally impossible...

http://ksby.images.worldnow.com/images/9053863_G.jpg

SouBeachTalents
09-29-2016, 07:42 AM
:no: Pippen stats are dliluted since playing with Jordan. 93-94 Pippen was easily better than Wade. Wade is a better scorer but Pippen was a better rebounder, creator of offense or playmaker, coast to coast finisher and THE GOAT DEFENDER at his position.

'06-'11 Wade > any version of Pippen

plowking
09-29-2016, 08:33 AM
'06-'11 Wade > any version of Pippen

I don't think he is doubting that, but he is saying as a whole, the version of Pip that played with Jordan was better overall than Wade that played with Bron, especially when you take into account 13 and 14 Wade.

11 Wade was better than any version of Pip though that either played with.

Hey Yo
09-29-2016, 10:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jL84Sqgum0&index=5&list=FLlVP1rsWdRmsm4NF7WAoXNw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7vKVIwfCj4&list=FLlVP1rsWdRmsm4NF7WAoXNw&index=6

Dragonyeuw
09-29-2016, 10:54 AM
:no: [B]Pippen stats are dliluted since playing with Jordan.

They were? Pippen was 21/7/7 in 92 with Jordan, and 22/9/6 without him in 94. His statline was similar in 95 before Jordan returned. An extra point and 2 more rebounds doesn't exactly count as a statistical explosion. MJ's ability to achieve his stats playing off-ball is why Pippen was able to produce at similar levels regardless of MJ's presence. You'd have a point if Pippen's averages were like 26/9/8 or some shit like that without Jordan.

Lebron23
09-29-2016, 11:01 AM
5th MVP

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

ClipperRevival
09-29-2016, 11:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jL84Sqgum0&index=5&list=FLlVP1rsWdRmsm4NF7WAoXNw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7vKVIwfCj4&list=FLlVP1rsWdRmsm4NF7WAoXNw&index=6

:oldlol: That's the best you can do?

The first one, Isiah clearly elbowed MJ in his chest while MJ was sliding backwards defensively.

In the second one, in a similar situation as the first one, he was sliding defensively and going backwards. His momentum made it look like a flop.

This is what flopping looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fSlLdXNzPw

Hey Yo
09-29-2016, 11:22 AM
MJ clearly throws his head back, with arms flailing,..... for no other reason than to try to get the call.

LostCause
09-29-2016, 02:56 PM

First one isn't a flop, second one is definitely exaggerated contact though

kamil
09-29-2016, 08:06 PM

Another pathetic failure from Hey Yo.

Must suck being you.

tpols
09-29-2016, 08:08 PM
that ship sailed long ago my friend ..