PDA

View Full Version : Most unlucky players ever?

Kool Boy
10-03-2016, 07:16 PM
Name your top 3 unluckiest players ever. I'm curious on the answers because there are so many factors.

1. Tyreke Evans: Had an amazing rookie year, but sadly regressed because of the horrible run Kings. Then he was picked up by the Pelicans who had a point guard already and he had to start at SF or come off the bench. He had no spacing and couldn't create with the ball as much as he needed to be a star. Sadly even when he hits his grove, he got injured. Should be fun to see his return to Star Form. Imagine how much a beast he would have been if not for terrible circumstances.

2. Brandon Roy: Had amazing talent and was a multiple time All Star. Sadly, his knees couldn't hold up and he started to miss games. Being the stud he was, he returned early from injuries which may have cost him his career. To put into perspective,Tyreke's rookie year averages were close to Roy's prime and that's why he is under Tyreke even though he put up better numbers more years.

3. Greg Oden: Legit stud but just couldn't hold up in the NBA because of injuries, SAD.

Nilocon165
10-03-2016, 07:18 PM
Lol at Brandon Knight not being on here.

A great player but one who you can also expect to see get embarrassed/ make an embarrassing play every night.

Kool Boy
10-03-2016, 07:24 PM

A great player but one who you can also expect to see get embarrassed/ make an embarrassing play every night.
lol he still has a solid career and is doing fine

CuhGetsBucks
10-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Most Def Brandon Knight, dude is crazy skilled but bounces around rosters for lord knows why. On top of that the casual fan doesen't understand how talented he is because they've seen some twitter videos.

CuhGetsBucks
10-03-2016, 07:27 PM
lol he still has a solid career and is doing fine
Well so is Tyreke so what's your point lol:roll:

Kool Boy
10-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Most Def Brandon Knight, dude is crazy skilled but bounces around rosters for lord knows why. On top of that the casual fan doesen't understand how talented he is because they've seen some twitter videos.
He carried my fantasy team for stretches when he was with the Bucks, sadly his production went down when he was traded

Kool Boy
10-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Well so is Tyreke so what's your point lol:roll:
Tyreke is on a different level, Knight is nowhere near as talented as Tyreke, and Knight's situations have been far better. Knight is just a part of some unfortunate plays which haven't had an effect on his career.

FKAri
10-03-2016, 08:10 PM
uhh Len Bias?

Kool Boy
10-03-2016, 08:42 PM
uhh Len Bias?
Never played a NBA and doing drugs is not being unlucky.

LostCause
10-03-2016, 09:14 PM
I'll list people not already mentioned

Derrick Rose - Was on his way to a definitely HOF-worthy career then had the next 4-5 seasons completley derailed and was traded from his hometown team for spare parts. On top of that his reputation is taking a beating due to a rape trial

Sam Bowie - Literally did nothing wrong except be drafted ahead of Michael Jordan. Has been shat on for that since

Grant Hill - See Derrick Rose, minus rape trial

RedBlackAttack
10-03-2016, 09:34 PM

http://i.makeagif.com/media/8-17-2014/ELHxlu.gif

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/kyrie-irving-sick-crossover1-2-15-13.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2300537/deandrethunderdunk.gif

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/DeAndre-Jordan-Face-After-Brandon-Knight-Dunk.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/vvALPEMxhoHSg/giphy.gif

https://bbsstaticoss.hoopchina.com.cn/aHR0cDovL2dpYW50LmdmeWNhdC5jb20vTmVnYXRpdmVRdWFydG VybHlFcm1pbmUuZ2lm

Gifted Mind
10-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Elgin Baylor

jlip
10-03-2016, 10:31 PM
Adrian Dantley:

Plays for the Lakers with Kareem and is unable to win a title. The Lakers draft Magic in '79. Dantley is traded from the Lakers to the Jazz that summer. The Lakers proceed to win the title that season. After a few years of dominant individual scoring but nothing more than average teams in Utah he's traded to the Pistons. In '88 the Pistons come within a few plays of winning the championship with Dantley being a potential candidate for Finals MVP, but they lose to the Lakers. He's traded to the Mavs midway through the '89 season. The Pistons win the '89 title.

Psileas
10-04-2016, 09:17 AM
Maurice Stokes (player who sustained a life destroying/limiting injury)
Drazen Petrovic/Reggie Lewis (star players who died in their primes)
Nick Vanos/Bobby Phills/Wendell Ladner/Ricky Berry etc (non star players who had the same fate)

StephHamann
10-04-2016, 09:45 AM
Anthony Davis is on pace.

Drafted by a horrible franchise that surrounds him with garbage and injury prone.

Kool Boy
10-04-2016, 10:11 AM
Anthony Davis is on pace.

Drafted by a horrible franchise that surrounds him with garbage and injury prone.
yea real sad also, even when they got him a top 10 talent player like Tyreke, they play him at the wrong position (SF) and he gets hurt. :(

LAZERUSS
10-04-2016, 10:23 AM
Maurice Stokes (player who sustained a life destroying/limiting injury)
Drazen Petrovic/Reggie Lewis (star players who died in their primes)
Nick Vanos/Bobby Phills/Wendell Ladner/Ricky Berry etc (non star players who had the same fate)

I came to post Stokes, as well, but I saw that you beat me to it.
The others you listed would qualify, as well.

Puts the term "unlucky" in a much better perspective.

keep-itreal
10-04-2016, 11:11 AM
I don't know why people say Anthony Davis or Brandon Knight.

Brandon Knight got a $70 million contract

Anthony Davis got $120 million or something

How exactly are these players unlucky???

JBSptfn
10-05-2016, 05:19 AM
Arvydas Sabonis: Wasn't healthy enough to be on the early-90's Blazers (and help them administer butt kickings to Chicago in the Finals), but was stuck on the Jail Blazer choke artist teams of the late-90's and early-00's.

Harison
10-08-2016, 07:50 AM
Sabonis.

DaHeezy
10-08-2016, 02:09 PM
Dying had nothing to do with luck. RIP Lewis, Drazen, and Bias, but they died. Not unlucky. Just tragic.

Jay Williams (Bulls version). That's unlucky. Kwame Brown. Unlucky. Luck is when destiny took a break.

Bosnian Sajo
10-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Unlucky or injury ridden?

For unlucky, my vote goes to TMac. Injury ridden, Brandon Roy. Dude could of been one of the best had it not been for his knees.

QuebecBaller
10-08-2016, 05:13 PM
G. Hill
A. Hardaway
B. Roy

FireDavidKahn
10-09-2016, 11:39 AM
Roy and Evans being more unlucky than Oden?

:oldlol:

:kobe: :whatever: :durantunimpressed:

SCdac
10-09-2016, 01:04 PM
Injuries I do consider unlucky 'breaks', but re-signing with the same bad-decision making franchise (sometimes multiple times)? Eh, that's not unlucky, that's a personal decision. Nor is being drafted in the NBA to a bad team "unlucky". That's pretty much exactly how the draft lottery system works, it's the bad teams that get the high picks

Kool Boy
10-09-2016, 01:08 PM
Injuries I do consider unlucky 'breaks', but re-signing with the same bad-decision making franchise (sometimes multiple times)? Eh, that's not unlucky, that's a personal decision. Nor is being drafted in the NBA to a bad team "unlucky". That's pretty much exactly how the draft lottery system works, it's the bad teams that get the high picks
yea but the Kings have run terribly there are bad teams that actually have good management.

SCdac
10-09-2016, 02:16 PM
yea but the Kings have run terribly there are bad teams that actually have good management.

I just think that's the nature of a league with 30 teams.. I don't see it as "unlucky" per se

Demarcus Cousins for example, nobody made him sign a 4-year extension for the maximum amount... that's getting your money where you can get it the best (don't blame him really). Team management in many respects was probably an after thought

in response to his contract extension, per ESPN cousins said .. he accepts the terms and expectations of his signing

"I've got big shoulders, so I can handle that," Cousins said. "I consider myself a leader on this team, so I take all the responsibility that comes with it. I've had pressure from the beginning, so I don't have a problem with it. I was doing it in the beginning, so I definitely don't have a problem doing it now."

If he re-signs agains with the Kings... who's "fault" is it really if his career accomplishments turn out not amazing

warriorfan
10-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Name your top 3 unluckiest players ever. I'm curious on the answers because there are so many factors.

1. Tyreke Evans: Had an amazing rookie year, but sadly regressed because of the horrible run Kings. Then he was picked up by the Pelicans who had a point guard already and he had to start at SF or come off the bench. He had no spacing and couldn't create with the ball as much as he needed to be a star. Sadly even when he hits his grove, he got injured. Should be fun to see his return to Star Form. Imagine how much a beast he would have been if not for terrible circumstances.

2. Brandon Roy: Had amazing talent and was a multiple time All Star. Sadly, his knees couldn't hold up and he started to miss games. Being the stud he was, he returned early from injuries which may have cost him his career. To put into perspective,Tyreke's rookie year averages were close to Roy's prime and that's why he is under Tyreke even though he put up better numbers more years.

3. Greg Oden: Legit stud but just couldn't hold up in the NBA because of injuries, SAD.
Tyreke is one of the most lucky players ever. He was riding in his cousin's car when his cousin blew someone's head off. He should be in prison for murder right now instead of in a mansion with a Mercedes.

Kool Boy
10-09-2016, 07:55 PM
Tyreke is one of the most lucky players ever. He was riding in his cousin's car when his cousin blew someone's head off. He should be in prison for murder right now instead of in a mansion with a Mercedes.
innocent

Kool Boy
10-09-2016, 07:56 PM
I just think that's the nature of a league with 30 teams.. I don't see it as "unlucky" per se

Demarcus Cousins for example, nobody made him sign a 4-year extension for the maximum amount... that's getting your money where you can get it the best (don't blame him really). Team management in many respects was probably an after thought

in response to his contract extension, per ESPN cousins said .. he accepts the terms and expectations of his signing

If he re-signs agains with the Kings... who's "fault" is it really if his career accomplishments turn out not amazing
if he was drafted by a team like OKC he would be OKC's point guard over Westbrook right now, Durant would be there still, and they would have a title

j3lademaster
10-09-2016, 09:11 PM
Drazen Petrovic, hands down. Finally started to get playing time after being traded from that stacked Blazer's backcourt and proved he not only belongs in the NBA, but is a legitimate allstar. Had a real chance to cement himself as the Euro goat but ended up in a tragic car accident.

How does anyone else come close?

HM: Bobby Phills, but I'm pretty sure he was joyriding in a Porche or something? and also didn't have the promising career Drazen had ahead of him, but Phills was a baller.

Edit: as a Bull's homer I have to kick myself for forgetting Jay Williams. Yes, when you're going very fast on a motorcycle you're putting yourself at risk, but he had a promising rookie season and his future was at least an above average pg, most likely something similar to what Kyle Lowry is.