PDA

View Full Version : When Durant wins it all this season does he leapfrog into the top 10 like lebron did?

G0ATbe
10-03-2016, 10:08 PM
Or are his rings/accomplishments meaningless? If so, why?

Nilocon165
10-03-2016, 10:12 PM
You're dumb as hell bro.

Durant isn't getting respect from anybody if he wins it all this year.

He might get respect from idiots like you who make it their goal to rank Lebron as low as possible on the all time list, but real basketball fans don't take him seriously anymore

CuhGetsBucks
10-03-2016, 10:15 PM
If OP's down syndrome doesn't allow him to realize what the difference between what Durant did and LeBron did are two different things let's just allow him to swim in his retardation like the lil ****** he is.

/endthread

3ball
10-03-2016, 10:18 PM
real basketball fans don't take him seriously anymore

Lebron did the exact same thing.. He left a failing squad to form a "Big 3" and a "superteam".

These were the words used to describe Lebron's Heat in 2011, when Lebron teamed up with two other players with top 5 PER's.

The funny thing is that you and everybody PLAYS DUMB, and acts like this never happened, or that Durant's actions were materially different.. It's pretty much the same thing, and everyone knows it, even you

G0ATbe
10-03-2016, 10:27 PM
You're dumb as hell bro.

Durant isn't getting respect from anybody if he wins it all this year.

:confusedshrug: if there's people like you out therewho give lebron respect for doing what Durant did twice, I'm sure kd will be just fine

SouBeachTalents
10-03-2016, 10:34 PM
Lebron did the exact same thing.. He left a failing squad to form a "Big 3" and a "superteam".

These were the words used to describe Lebron's Heat in 2011, when Lebron teamed up with two other players with top 5 PER's.

The funny thing is that you and everybody PLAYS DUMB, and acts like this never happened, or that Durant's actions were materially different.. It's pretty much the same thing, and everyone knows it, even you

Bosh in 2010 missed the playoffs in the East and didn't even make an All-NBA team :oldlol:

warriorfan
10-03-2016, 10:49 PM
https://s31.postimg.org/d9ndpvc63/lebroncollude.jpg

SamuraiSWISH
10-03-2016, 11:00 PM
If he had 3 more MVPs like LeBron, or was as good of a player, yes then it would be a discussion. But at face value if he wins with that historically LOADED as Warrior squad ... are you kidding me? They have no excuse not to win.

Ben Simmons
10-03-2016, 11:07 PM
Depends how he plays.

What if Curry gets injured and he drops 40/10/5? You never really know

BigKAT
10-03-2016, 11:56 PM
This season? Maybe not.

But if he wins back to back titles I think he starts soaring up in the rankings, and if a three-peat is possible no one is going to remember all these anti durant sentiments.

No matter how big of a villain are you, once you start winning the perspective starts changing imo.

HenryGarfunkle
10-04-2016, 12:02 AM
Depends how he plays.

What if Curry gets injured and he drops 40/10/5? You never really know
Or even worse what if Curry is the new Wade and becomes a shell of himself and forces Durant to carry the load ala LeBron in Miami.

TBH that is the situation I expect. I expect Durant to be head and shoulders better than Curry. I even think in the playoffs Curry may be 3rd or 4th best on the team.

Durant is gonna steal Curry's short-lived hype as a top tier player. :lol

BigKAT
10-04-2016, 12:05 AM
Or even worse what if Curry is the new Wade and becomes a shell of himself and forces Durant to carry the load ala LeBron in Miami.

TBH that is the situation I expect. I expect Durant to be head and shoulders better than Curry. I even think in the playoffs Curry may be 3rd or 4th best on the team.

Durant is gonna steal Curry's short-lived hype as a top tier player. :lol

Maybe 3rd on SOME games. (Klay goes supernova)
Most nights 2nd or 1st. Durant is great but Curry is not chopped liver.
Two times MVP stands for something.

Sure, he had difficulties in the finals but don't bury the guy so soon.
Yes, I think Durant is the better scorer (Had 7-8 elite scoring seasons where Curry had 1 ELITE and a bunch of really good ones.)

HenryGarfunkle
10-04-2016, 12:14 AM
Maybe 3rd on SOME games. (Klay goes supernova)
Most nights 2nd or 1st. Durant is great but Curry is not chopped liver.
Two times MVP stands for something.

Sure, he had difficulties in the finals but don't bury the guy so soon.
Yes, I think Durant is the better scorer (Had 7-8 elite scoring seasons where Curry had 1 ELITE and a bunch of really good ones.)
I hope he can fit in now that Durant will be the leading scorer. Dray and Klay don't bother me because they actually play defense and in Dray's case he's the most versatile defender in the league. Klay can fit into any system offensively.

Durant is the new bell-cow for Golden State... which means Steph has to develop a new role in the offense and become a better play-maker and hit 3's without constantly being in a rhythm. Needs to work on spot-up shooting like Klay. We'll see if he can adapt.

LilEddyCurry
10-04-2016, 12:22 AM
Nah cause LeBron is a better all-round player and had more MVPs.

Orlando Magic
10-04-2016, 08:43 AM
LeBron didn't join a 73 win team.

As soon as LeBron left the Heat, they fell apart.

You might be tempted to say that I'm oversimplifying it and obviously there were OTHER factors with the Heat, but honestly, getting down to brass tacks... it really is that simple.

Hoopz2332
10-04-2016, 11:31 AM
no because he didn't have 3 MVPs prior to winning a title like Lebron:pimp:

Hoopz2332
10-04-2016, 11:35 AM
http://itzallonyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/lebron-mvp-2012-3.jpeg

before his first title:bowdown:

Dragonyeuw
10-04-2016, 12:31 PM
This season? Maybe not.

But if he wins back to back titles I think he starts soaring up in the rankings, and if a three-peat is possible no one is going to remember all these anti durant sentiments.

No matter how big of a villain are you, once you start winning the perspective starts changing imo.

Perspective plays alot into rankings. And the perspective is, he jumped ship to join a 2 time reigning MVP on a team that was a minute away from another title. He's not going to get the same level of respect for any titles he wins in Golden State as long as that roster is intact. He also stands to lose a great deal of whatever people perceive his current rankings to be, if he fails to win a title. He'll never live it down.

CuhGetsBucks
10-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Yall mfs really sat here and argued this like it's not already clear what LeBron and KD did are two different things, yall mfs are really stupid

HenryGarfunkle
10-04-2016, 02:21 PM
http://itzallonyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/lebron-mvp-2012-3.jpeg

before his first title:bowdown:
Also didn't play with Dumbrook... the worst possible star to have on your team if you want MVP's.

The year Westbrook misses half a season is the year Durant wins MVP. Coincidence?

Durant would have 5 MVP's if he was on a team built like the Cavs were for LeBron in the eastern conference. Very simple to understand.

jrjim
10-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Also didn't play with Dumbrook... the worst possible star to have on your team if you want MVP's.

The year Westbrook misses half a season is the year Durant wins MVP. Coincidence?

Durant would have 5 MVP's if he was on a team built like the Cavs were for LeBron in the eastern conference. Very simple to understand.

If Lebron had Westbrook/Ibaka with him for 7 years (and quality role players like Adams/Harden/Jackson etc sprinkled in), he's gonna win at least 1 title.

jstern
10-04-2016, 04:17 PM
To the casual fans, probably.

HenryGarfunkle
10-04-2016, 04:33 PM
If Lebron had Westbrook/Ibaka with him for 7 years (and quality role players like Adams/Harden/Jackson etc sprinkled in), he's gonna win at least 1 title.
No player in history sans maybe Shaq is winning a title with Westbrook. LeBron and Westbrook would be a mess. Where the **** is the shooting? He won with wade because wade was still better than Westbrook at the time on both sides of the ball. Also had elite 3 point shooters like miller, battier, and allen.

Nobody in history is winning with Westbrook and that okc cast. Nobody.

LilEddyCurry
10-04-2016, 05:14 PM
No player in history sans maybe Shaq is winning a title with Westbrook. LeBron and Westbrook would be a mess. Where the **** is the shooting? He won with wade because wade was still better than Westbrook at the time on both sides of the ball. Also had elite 3 point shooters like miller, battier, and allen.

To be honest The Thunder have been hampered with injuries every year from 2013-2015. If they were actually healthy, LeBron would have more rings than he has. The Thunder always been the Spurs (when healthy) and LeBron always beats Durant.

tpols
10-04-2016, 05:30 PM
since there was more backlash to the Decision than there was to what KD did, its only logical to assume he will get the same revisionist history treatment as well.

SamuraiSWISH
10-04-2016, 05:46 PM
since there was more backlash to the Decision than there was to what KD did, its only logical to assume he will get the same revisionist history treatment as well.
Only because of the bailing on home town issue, and the stupidity of the decision itself. But from an actual basketball perspective, Durant's is even more cowardly from a competitive standpoint. Which is absurd to think about given Bron made a cowardly decision as well. Also, there was more backlash because LeBron was more well liked, it was a heel turn, and he clearly is a more transcendent player.

tpols
10-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Only because of the bailing on home town issue, and the stupidity of the decision itself. But from an actual basketball perspective, Durant's is even more cowardly from a competitive standpoint. Which is absurd to think about given Bron made a cowardly decision as well. Also, there was more backlash because LeBron was more well liked, it was a heel turn, and he clearly is a more transcendent player.

from a basketball perspective the team KD joined was better, but the competition is also better.. Bron's help slightly worse, but competition inferior. I'll avy bet anyone that wants it.. the big 3 Heat ran through their conference in 5 games or less for every series in 2011. Golden state will have at least one series go past that... it will not be the same level cakewalk.

Dragonyeuw
10-04-2016, 05:56 PM
Lebron would have had to join the Celtics after the 2008 season, the team that beat him and then went on to win the title, for his move to be analogous to Durant's. While teaming with Wade possibly robbed us of seeing them meet in the playoffs( it's amazing they've never crossed paths), Durant's move basically robbed us of seeing potentially the best western playoff matchup for the next few seasons. No-one is even considering that anyone other than GS is making the finals right now.

LilEddyCurry
10-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Lebron would have had to join the Celtics after the 2008 season, the team that beat him and then went on to win the title, for his move to be analogous to Durant's. While teaming with Wade possibly robbed us of seeing them meet in the playoffs( it's amazing they've never crossed paths), Durant's move basically robbed us of seeing potentially the best western playoff matchup for the next few seasons. No-one is even considering that anyone other than GS is making the finals right now.
The team that Kevin Durant joined:
- Won 73 games.
- Won the championship the previous year.
- Lost in the finals in 7 games.
- Beat his own team despite his team being up 3-1.
- Has 3 all stars that are all-NBA players.
- Has a back-to-back MVP including an unanimous MVP

:facepalm

FreezingTsmoove
10-04-2016, 06:19 PM
There is nothing funnier than watching Bronvestites meltdown over colluding :roll:

SouBeachTalents
10-04-2016, 06:39 PM
There is nothing funnier than watching Bronvestites meltdown over colluding :roll:

Watching haters like you meltdown over winning the Finals was hilarious too

Hoopz2332
10-04-2016, 06:55 PM

What's so funny?The general consensus/public has Lebron as a top 3 player of all time... Bronvestites are sitting back and laughing at Kobe, Durant Curry etc.. stans:oldlol: :pimp:

GrapeApe
10-04-2016, 07:26 PM
First of all, Lebron wasn't considered top 10 after his first title. It wasn't until after the 2013 title that he started being mentioned as a top 10 player. In addition, Lebron had a stronger overall resume than Durant has currently. More MVP's, more All-NBA and all-defense selections, and better all-around numbers. The only potential edge to Durant is not having a 2011 finals type blemish on his resume.

If Durant puts together back to back seasons of winning a title, MVP, and FMVP, he'll be very close to where Lebron was in 2013. That would give him 2 rings, 2 FMVP's, 3 MVP's, and (at least) 4 scoring titles. That's probably top 10, or at the very least in the discussion.

jrjim
10-04-2016, 07:31 PM

LMAO. These dudes were 1 game away from the finals where they wouldve been favoured. If not for Durants awful play, this woulda been their 2nd finals in 4 years, and they were injured for the 3 years they didnt make it

SamuraiSWISH
10-04-2016, 08:44 PM
from a basketball perspective the team KD joined was better, but the competition is also better.. Bron's help slightly worse, but competition inferior. I'll avy bet anyone that wants it.. the big 3 Heat ran through their conference in 5 games or less for every series in 2011. Golden state will have at least one series go past that... it will not be the same level cakewalk.
I agree with some of this but some of this is bull.

2011 Bulls are overrated due to Thibs and an insanely great year from 3rd year Derrick Rose. The Celtics coasted in the reg but clearly were the better, deeper and more talented team.

Only reason the Heat didn't struggle is because 2011 Wade and LeBron are first of all flat out better basketball players but vastly superior playoff performers compared to The Servant and Stephanie.

The league last season was some of the weakest and dumbest basketball I've ever seen played. Thus the inflated win totals from two ridiculously overrated teams in the west.

The west itself dropped off a ton outside the Warriors, Spurs, and the Clippers (injuries aside). And his cowardly can't beat them join them move totally removed OKC as a contender.

The west was weak last year and even weaker this season.

Warriors are built to win regular season games. They aren't as great post season wise. From their star players to their gimmicky offensive style. They have also now lost some defense with Harrison and mainly Bogut.

That's why they'll struggle in the post season. Not due to quality of opponent.

Hey Yo
10-04-2016, 09:08 PM
"During the introductions and every time Durant touched the ball Saturday night

AintNoSunshine
10-04-2016, 09:08 PM
The latter, rings will be meaningless.

Warriors are almost back to back champs WITHOUT HIM, so his presence one can argue is indifferent. Sure he's better than Harrison Barnes, but he's not a difference maker at all for this team. Because again, they are almost b2b champs before him.

Real14
10-04-2016, 09:14 PM
It's only fair to put him in there.

Dragonyeuw
10-04-2016, 10:56 PM
It's only fair to put him in there.

No it isn't.

Big164
10-04-2016, 11:10 PM
https://s31.postimg.org/d9ndpvc63/lebroncollude.jpg

Colluder

FreezingTsmoove
10-04-2016, 11:16 PM
Watching haters like you meltdown over winning the Finals was hilarious too

I cant say the same about a Warriors hater like yourself in 2015!!

Stop acting like Warriors never bounced Bron out the playoffs :oldlol:

FreezingTsmoove
10-04-2016, 11:17 PM
What's so funny?The general consensus/public has Lebron as a top 3 player of all time... Bronvestites are sitting back and laughing at Kobe, Durant Curry etc.. stans:oldlol: :pimp:

Whats funny is watching Lebron lose a 5th finals appearance thats why I was laughing in my previous post

KirbyPls
10-05-2016, 12:16 AM
Whats funny is watching Lebron lose a 5th finals appearance thats why I was laughing in my previous post

Only 6 more appearances to go for your boy, KD. :cheers:

soots
10-05-2016, 01:23 AM
2 rings in GS as alpha and hes top 10 by the same people who voted LBJ top 10 halfway through his career.

jstern
10-05-2016, 01:50 AM
The NBA is 70 years old now. It should be much harder and harder to get into the top ten. You must lead a pretty amazing career from start to finish to be consider in the top ten. Durant has had many signature choke moments in the playoff. The guy is not top ten. Definitely not a top ten mentality.

pauk
10-05-2016, 04:36 AM
What the ****!? Top 10 with 1 ring & 1 mvp? Explain yourself? Did you see those guys resumes at #9-#10 like say Hakeem (Kobe? Duncan? Shaq? Bird? Magic? Lebron? Wilt? Russell? Kareem? Jordan? Whoever of those is your damn #9-#10), who exactly does he "leapfrog" with 1 ring + 1 mvp?

By the time Lebron got his 1st ring (without being handed one on a silverplate due to joining a 73 win team that just won a championship & were 1 basket away from doing it again just after kicking Durants ass, Durant can literally DNP entire year and still get a ring) he had not just MANY more mvps but he was a far better player with more of literally everything accomplished, not even then did he leapfrog into the top 10, it was not undisputable, Hakeem was still there, it was not until he got another quality one (and some mvp) until he officially got in there... and then he had to somehow win maybe the most epic 3rd championship based on context to be secured in the top 10 .... so i mean even if Durant got a ring in the most epic fashion (in OKC) its still just 1 damn ring with 1 damn mvp, nowhere near top 10... i dont get your logic...

Stop trolling for gods sake..... yea, booohoooo Lebron is sooooo good, im jelousssssss, i hate him, booohooo.... but damn... dont go to far...

34-24 Footwork
10-05-2016, 05:21 AM
The latter, rings will be meaningless.

Warriors are almost back to back champs WITHOUT HIM, so his presence one can argue is indifferent. Sure he's better than Harrison Barnes, but he's not a difference maker at all for this team. Because again, they are almost b2b champs before him.

Mike Bibby, Chalmers and Bosh almost won a ring if it wasnt for Lebron in 2011.

Both moves were bitch moves. Just dont be a hypocrite.

Lebron23
10-05-2016, 05:35 AM
So he's now rank higher than Kobe Bryant? Kobe stans needs to make up their mind.

AintNoSunshine
10-05-2016, 07:07 AM
:wtf: And you don't be a retard. Mike Bibby, Chalmers and Bosh weren't sniffing the championship if Lebron wasn't on the team to begin with. Do you see the difference now?
Mike Bibby, Chalmers and Bosh almost won a ring if it wasnt for Lebron in 2011.

Both moves were bitch moves. Just dont be a hypocrite.