DeAndre Jordan
Lamarcus Aldridge
Milsap
Green

Up and coming
Towns, Embiid,Noel, Kristrap.

Bankaii
10-05-2016, 03:50 PM
They're getting better but the center position is still 2nd weakest after SGs right now.
It'll start with Embiid/KAT becoming dominant 2-way centers.
Drummond/Whiteside will get better offensively.
Boogie is already a beast he just needs a team.
I don't see Deandre getting any better due to la k of work ethic.
The rest are either old or PFs.

qrich
10-05-2016, 03:54 PM
I can't view Pau nor Marc as great anymore, well, maybe Marc if he gets back into it. Jonas deserves a mention imo, and on the up and coming, Jokic as well.

zeerghit
10-05-2016, 03:56 PM
Adams, Gobert aswell

Annyong!
10-05-2016, 04:08 PM
We have great Big man in the League.
Pau Gasol
Andre Drummond
Damascus cousins
Marc Gasol
Whiteside
DeAndre Jordan
Lamarcus Aldridge
Milsap
Green

Up and coming
Towns, Embiid,Noel, Kristrap.
Towns is already better than most of the guys on that list. The big man is making a mild come back, but lets not get too excited. Most are not the best player on their teams. The age of big men consisted of franchise bigs, which most of those are not. And some of those are PFs, but certainly not what I think of when I think "Return of the big man." Green and Millsap in particular. Most of the rest are also not very well rounded.

zeerghit
10-05-2016, 04:10 PM
well u forgot Davis aswell

Jasper
10-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Bucks - Plumlee top 6

EllEffEll
10-05-2016, 11:38 PM
Having grown up with great centers being in the league for several decades, from my perspective, it may have improved, but the relevance of the 5, and the overall talent level of centers in the league is still nowhere near great.

With many talented long range shooters now in the league, I don't see teams placing that much emphasis on getting as near the basket as possible as in the past so as to improve shooting percentage.

You can just move the ball around until you get your jump shooter an open look at a three and let 'em fly.

SamuraiSWISH
10-05-2016, 11:57 PM
The SG scene is terrible. It's Harden and Klay. That's it. Even though there are many PGs that are really shooting guards now a days. Kyrie, Curry, Westbrook, and Dame.

EllEffEll
10-05-2016, 11:59 PM
nvm

SCdac
10-06-2016, 12:15 AM
lol what's the average ppg of these big men combined... like 13 ppg? marc gasol, deandre jordan, whiteside, etc... great players and defenders but not necessarily big time scorers

will we see big men not just averaging 22-25+ ppg... but doing it as the leader of a championship team ever again?

makes me miss having a prime or near prime ewing, barkley, robinson, alonzo, shaq, hakeem, malone, kemp, etc all in the league at the same time.

Eras before that there were great bigs also... Kareems and wilt chamberlains seem long gone

Nilocon165
10-06-2016, 12:19 AM
The SG scene is terrible. It's Harden and Klay. That's it. Even though there are many PGs that are really shooting guards now a days. Kyrie, Curry, Westbrook, and Dame.
Harden is a pg now

SamuraiSWISH
10-06-2016, 12:24 AM
Harden is a pg now
He's a POINTS guard.

G-train
10-06-2016, 12:31 AM
The SG scene is terrible. It's Harden and Klay. That's it.

Jimmy Butler
CJ McCollum
Demar Derozan
Dywane Wade

Worth a mention in my book, but yes not many.

sammichoffate
10-06-2016, 12:40 AM
Jimmy Butler
CJ McCollum
Demar Derozan
Dywane Wade

Worth a mention in my book, but yes not many.Compared to Vince Carter, Tmac, Ray Allen, Manu. Hell, even Joe Johnson or Rip Hamilton lol

Spurs m8
10-06-2016, 01:51 AM
Lol the big man never left.

The Warriors small ball beat an injured Cavs team in the Finals and everyone overreacted.

Small ball got raped this last Finals.