PDA

View Full Version : Clinton dominates among Asian-American voters

Draz
10-05-2016, 11:54 PM
Hillary Clinton dominates among Asian-American voters — holding a 4-to-1 lead among registered voters over Donald Trump, according to the 2016 National Asian American Survey.
The poll, released Wednesday, shows 55% of registered Asian-American voters who were surveyed said they intend to vote for Clinton, the Democratic nominee, in November's presidential election.

Fourteen percent of those surveyed said they would choose Trump, her Republican rival.

According to the survey, Clinton's support from Asian American registered voters was strongest among people aged 18 to 34.

“All of the anti-immigrant rhetoric and harsh tone and language is a turnoff to voters,” Karthick Ramakrishnan, associate dean of the University of California, Riverside School of Public Policy, and the survey's director, told the Los Angeles Times.

The survey also revealed that Asian Americans are more than twice as likely to identify as Democrats than as Republicans — 41 percent to 16 percent — while the figure was 38 percent and 20 percent in 2012; 36 percent and 19 percent in 2008.

Ramakrishnan said Trump is "likely a significant reason" for more Asian Americans shifting to the Democratic party, and added that "Trump's unfavorables are like nothing we've seen before," according to NBC News.

President Barack Obama, however, beats both candidates among Asian Americans, based on numbers from the 2012 election. He won the support of 73 percent of the voting bloc that year.

Source (http://www.businessinsider.com/asian-american-voters-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-survey-2016-10)

Patrick Chewing
10-05-2016, 11:55 PM
http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr238/Kazuo7x/Funny%20Stuff/PewPewAsian.gif

nathanjizzle
10-06-2016, 02:02 AM
sad that 1/6th of my people are so oblivious to what kind of people they want to align themselves with.

NumberSix
10-06-2016, 09:36 AM
People with poor cultural values.

sammichoffate
10-06-2016, 01:13 PM
http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr238/Kazuo7x/Funny%20Stuff/PewPewAsian.gif:applause:

Cleverness
10-06-2016, 01:32 PM

Asian Americans avoid controversy/drama. Voting democrat (or not voting at all) avoids this. Also, Asians are highly educated and our educational system emphasizes liberal values.

NumberSix
10-06-2016, 01:35 PM
Asian Americans avoid controversy/drama. Voting democrat (or not voting at all) avoids this. Also, Asians are highly educated and our educational system emphasizes liberal values.
Leftist =/= liberal

kurple
10-06-2016, 01:41 PM
and education

Levity
10-06-2016, 01:43 PM
yay niko!

Facepalm
10-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Young Asians actually identify with Independent; but they are also educated, care about the economy and are smart. That's why Trump is repugnant to them.

NumberSix
10-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Young Asians actually identify with Independent; but they are also educated, care about the economy and are smart. That's why Trump is repugnant to them.
Most voters think Trump is better on the economy. People voting for Hillary aren't voting because of the economy.

Facepalm
10-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Most voters think Trump is better on the economy. People voting for Hillary aren't voting because of the economy.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Prove it. You are the Euroleague of the OTC.

6 bankruptcies. 1 billion loss in 1 year. Financial genius :oldlol: :oldlol:

NumberSix
10-06-2016, 01:59 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol:

Prove it. You are the Euroleague of the OTC.

6 bankruptcies. 1 billion loss in 1 year. Financial genius :oldlol: :oldlol:
Trump has been beating her on the economy the entire campaign except for a brief moment in August when she lead by a couple points. In September, Trump had a 15 point lead on the economy in the CNN poll and in the most recent polls he has about a 6 point lead on the economy. Even the CNN poll which leans heavily Democrat always has him winning on the economy.

senelcoolidge
10-06-2016, 02:17 PM
I think lots of people will be shocked with the secret vote. Lots of people that don't openly express their vote will vote for Trump. It's happening with union workers, minorities ( the smart ones, more informed ones), and whites. Asians usually vote democrat anyway.

DonDadda59
10-06-2016, 02:24 PM
I think lots of people will be shocked with the secret vote. Lots of people that don't openly express their vote will vote for Trump. It's happening with union workers, minorities ( the smart ones, more informed ones), and whites. Asians usually vote democrat anyway.

The secret vote. The monster vote.

You dudes are setting yourself up for some ATG level disappointment and meltdowns. Come back to reality. It'll be easier to deal with the situation, trust me.

9erempiree
10-06-2016, 02:24 PM
I doubt any of this is true.

Asian are like the only minorities that don't fall in line with the typical minority stereotype of voting Democrat.

They hold conservative values as whole and this election is huge which makes me believe most of them will be voting for Trump. They don't really relate to other minority groups except maybe the Latino community because the Latinos hold conservative values too. It's funny how Asians and Hispanics are very conservative back in their motherland and people think they are liberals because they live in America.

I don't even consider Asians minorities since there are a lot of them in this world.

White/Asian voters will come out for Trump.

Just more identity politics from the left.

DonDadda59
10-06-2016, 02:26 PM

Asian are like the only minorities that don't fall in line with the typical minority stereotype of voting Democrat.

They hold conservative values as whole and this election is huge which makes me believe most of them will be voting for Trump. They don't really relate to other minority groups except maybe the Latino community because the Latinos hold conservative values too. It's funny how Asians and Hispanics are very conservative back in their motherland and people think they are liberals because they live in America.

I don't even consider Asians minorities since there are a lot of them in this world.

^Precisely what I'm talking about.

rezznor
10-06-2016, 02:43 PM

Just more identity politics from the left.

Don't speak on a community you know nothing about. I know it's anecdotal but on my feeds of facebook "friends" of around 1300 people, an overwhelming majority are pro Hillary. These are all types of Asians including Vietnamese, Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean and Filipino. The few Trump supporters I have are a 2 Viet guys and some old white guys.

Oh yeah, my black friends are all Hillary as well.

9erempiree
10-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Don't speak on a community you know nothing about. I know it's anecdotal but on my feeds of facebook "friends" of around 1300 people, an overwhelming majority are pro Hillary. These are all types of Asians including Vietnamese, Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean and Filipino. The few Trump supporters I have are a 2 Viet guys and some old white guys.

Oh yeah, my black friends are all Hillary as well.

I'm not going to comment on the 'anecdotal' part but would you agree that most Asians are conservative people? They are not going around preaching the Libtard agenda.

rezznor
10-06-2016, 02:55 PM
I'm not going to comment on the 'anecdotal' part but would you agree that most Asians are conservative people?

Asians are conservative, that I agree with. I grew up a conservative and leaned Republican until recently. What I'm also saying is that we also aren't beholden to a particular party we will vote the issues (except for the older, hardcore anti commie generation, much like Cubans) The younger generation, the ones that grew up here, lean left. They care about the economy, they care about social issues, and they HATE bullies. They see Trump as a joke and see right through his BS. They don't necessarily love Clinton, but they are very anti Trump.

I do love Obama though.