PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Games Breakdown - Masked Lebron burns the Bobcats to the ground

BigKAT
10-06-2016, 07:42 AM
You have all seen games that left us in awe. Kobe's 81 points against Toronto. Michael Jordan's Flu game. Magic Johnson playing Center to win the championship. Some games just get etched into your memory. Some come in the regular season. Some in the playoffs.

This time we'll talk about:

Miami Heat Vs Charlotte Bobcats 3.3.2014

http://www.sprintcenter.com/assets/img/10.11_.13-NBA-190x140_.jpg

What led into the Game:

Bobcats:
The Month of February saw the often maligned Bobcats have their first winning month of the season. Capping it at Six wins and Four losses, making it their best month of the season so far. In the thick of the Playoff race for only the second time in Franchise Bobcats Era. It seemed as though things were finally looking up to them. All Jeffreson had a career year with 21 points and 10 rebounds, along with Kemba Walker upping his scoring to 17 points per game and 6 rebounds. Things were looking up. Important to note is that the Bobcats had the 5th highest Defensive rating in the 2014 season, by no means a pushover.

Miami Heat:
Fresh off what many people consider one of the best Finals Series in recent time, the two-time champion Heat were experiencing somewhat of a Championship Hangover. With the young, brazen Pacers vvying for the Eastern Throne, Lebron seemed to finally lose ground in the MVP race. Some described it as 'Lebron Fatigue' and others credited Kevin Durant's stellar season with stealing the limelight. The Heat were actually on an eight game winning streak, While January was a rather pedestrian month for the Heat Squad, ending at 8-6, the Veterans of the team kicked into high gear in February notching a very impressive Nine wins to one loss in that month, giving them the momentum coming into this matchup.

Breakdown:

With Wade missing the game, Lebron was the main focus of the offense for the Heat. It started with the Heat and the Bobcats exchanging a few blows.

At about 7:05 Minutes left in the 1st quarter, things started to take a turn. Lebron held the ball in his hands, stared down All Jeffreson. He seemed to almost be contemplating. The big Center seemed to be hesitating. Probably worried that Lebron would burn him on the drive, he gave him some space.

You can almost see Lebron through the mask thinking 'You want to give me that shot? Okay.''

http://i.makeagif.com/media/10-06-2016/w6xDWa.gif

A few layups later, with both teams remaining close through the 1st quarter, it happened again. This time, there was less thinking about it. Lebron dribbled the ball up the court, took advantage of a screen by Beasley and rose up for another 3-pointer. This time without thinking, with about 18 seconds left on the shot clock. The kind of green light players like Klay Thompson, Curry and Ray Allen get. Not the often struggling Lebron. Yet he did it. It felt right. And it went in.

http://i.makeagif.com/media/10-06-2016/GERiqs.gif

Lebron's three pointers kept going in all night long.
He started the game eight shots up, eight shots in from beyond the arc.
Some of them weren't really smart shots.
Some were contested by capable defenders, like a young MKG.

And still.

But that wasn't all of it. Lebron almost appeared to have an extra bounce to his step. Offensive rebounds, a few extra miliseconds of air time that allowed for elaborate layups despite great defense-- And layups from the free throw line.

http://i.makeagif.com/media/10-06-2016/DAvE4R.gif

The thing is about Lebron James, while he was often considered the best player in the world at the time, and still today, by many-- It was often frustrating to watch him on games where his team lost.

You sat there thinking to yourself ''Come on! Just go at them to the paint! Whose going to stop you?! You'll either get fouled or get the Layup in!''

But that's what made Lebron so great. He thought about passing. About keeping teammates in rythem. About rebounding and setting screens. It what made him a three-time champion.

But even with that, we wanted to see him cut loose. We wanted to see Lebron Unleashed. Perhaps it was the Mask. Perhaps it was Wade's absence, but something on that night on march 3rd just clicked.

Something about Lebron seemed hungry.
Something about Lebron seemed almost psychotic.
As if he was trying to say ''Kevin fuc*** Who?''

http://i.makeagif.com/media/10-06-2016/Z1LFTT.gif

Even in the 4th quarter, after putting the Bobcats away, the man seemed possesed. He didn't want the W. He wanted to evaporate the opposition. Almost as though he was on a personal vandetta to make sure MKG won't ever recieved DOPY votes in his career.

Either way, it was a pleasure to watch. Sometimes Lebron, with all his greatness, feels restrained. Calculated.

Lebron finished the game on 22/33 from the field. With 9/12 from the FT Line. 61 Points.
Miami Won the game 124-107.

His enormous basketball IQ is both his greatest assest, and his ball and chain, denying him the same berserker fury that some of the past great scorers had. But on a night like this, we got to see Lebron unleashed.

And boy did he deliver.

http://i.makeagif.com/media/10-06-2016/Sv5-DB.gif

Previous Entries in the Breakdown Series:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418915 - Kemba Walker
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=419110 - Gordon Hayward

Credits:
Wikipedia - 2013-2014 Charlotte Bobcats/Miami Heat Pages
Grantland- Two Guys talking about Lebron scoring 61 Points
Youtube - Lebron James 61 PTS Highlights

bobopenguin
10-06-2016, 07:50 AM
kobe only need 3 quarters and it's against 2005- 2006 mavs.

btw, good post. :applause:

BigKAT
10-06-2016, 07:51 AM
kobe only need 3 quarters and it's against 2006 mavs.

btw, good post. :applause:

I'll do Kobe's 81 Points if people want.
But I didn't watch it live, so I can't really rennact the excitment as good, you know what I mean?

I went for this game because I watched it while it unfold real time and my jaw was all over the place.

bobopenguin
10-06-2016, 07:54 AM
But I didn't watch it live, so I can't really rennact the excitment as good, you know what I mean?

I went for this game because I watched it while it unfold real time and my jaw was all over the place.

yeah, i can see u were pumped man. keep up my man. :cheers:

D-Wait
10-06-2016, 08:04 AM
Wikipedia - 2013-2014 Charlotte Bobcats/Miami Heat Pages
Grantland- Two Guys talking about Lebron scoring 61 Points
Youtube - Lebron James 61 PTS Highlights

Just for the sake of credibility, don't cite Wikipedia as a source. The are plenty of newspaper articles on these games still online if you want to do it professionally and give credits.

BigKAT
10-06-2016, 08:06 AM
Just for the sake of credibility, don't cite Wikipedia as a source.

Best to be honest, no?

D-Wait
10-06-2016, 08:14 AM
Best to be honest, no?

It was more of an advice, because Wikipedia isn't always reliable. Maybe it's the fact that I'm speaking from a studying standpoint, but giving credits to Wikipedia just didn't sit right with me. Anyway, keep up these threads as they are refreshing as opposed to all the troll threads...

BigKAT
10-06-2016, 08:19 AM
It was more of an advice, because Wikipedia isn't always reliable. Maybe it's the fact that I'm speaking from a studying standpoint, but giving credits to Wikipedia just didn't sit right with me. Anyway, keep up these threads as they are refreshing as opposed to all the troll threads...

Thank you my friend.
I try to cross-check wit hoops hypes and NBA.Com often.
But I get your point, I'll double check more often to avoid mistakes.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Hey Yo
10-06-2016, 10:39 AM
Magic Johnson playing Center to win the championship
That's been an ongoing myth about Johnson and game 6

He repped the Center position for LA for the opening jump ball but that was it. The rest of the game he split time between the Guard and Forward positions. Brent Musberger himself says that at the end of the broadcast.

Prometheus
10-06-2016, 05:38 PM
That's been an ongoing myth about Johnson and game 6

He repped the Center position for LA for the opening jump ball but that was it. The rest of the game he split time between the Guard and Forward positions. Brent Musberger himself says that at the end of the broadcast.

Kinda like the myth about Jordan guarding Magic in '91. He was on him for like a game and a half.

Also kinda like the myth that Iggy won FMVP in '15 with Bron guarding him. They were leaving Timofey on him. LeBron didn't guard him for more than a few plays.

Also kinda like the myth that the Spurs dared LeBron to shoot in '14. They played him that way in '13 and lost the title. The next year, Kawhi guarded him tight.

Also kinda like the myth that Kobe was carried by Shaq to his three rings. In 2001 and 2002 they were absolutely a dynamic 1-2 punch, with Kobe being the more valuable component in a few series. Shaq's Finals numbers were always drastically superior, but Kobe often outperformed him in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the playoffs, against decidedly superior competition.

I can't stand myths.

Papaya Petee
10-06-2016, 06:10 PM
BigKAT youre the man! Fixing this forum one thread at a time. Keep it up!

SouBeachTalents
10-06-2016, 06:22 PM

When did you start watching?

BigKAT
10-06-2016, 07:17 PM
When did you start watching?
Was more of a football (soccer) guy until 2012 or so. So almost 5 years. Thats it.

SamuraiSWISH
10-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Kinda like the myth about Jordan guarding Magic in '91. He was on him for like a game and a half.
Actually the reverse is true, Scottie guarded Magic less than Jordan. People act like Scottie guarded him for the entire series. MJ was on him for more possessions all together. The rest of your post, I agree. Bron put up made hollow numbers in 2014, regardless of how he or who he was defended by ... he struggled the year prior being dared to shoot and guarded by fat ass Boris Diaw.

To4
10-06-2016, 08:43 PM
This was an epic season were 2 players destroyed the Bobcats twice.

I dunno but i liked Carmelos destruction of the bobcats better. He was just hot that game. Fluid jumpers all over the court. RIP MKG

warriorfan
10-06-2016, 08:45 PM
OP is on meth

Hey Yo
10-06-2016, 09:42 PM

Also kinda like the myth that Iggy won FMVP in '15 with Bron guarding him. They were leaving Timofey on him. LeBron didn't guard him for more than a few plays.

Also kinda like the myth that the Spurs dared LeBron to shoot in '14. They played him that way in '13 and lost the title. The next year, Kawhi guarded him tight.

Also kinda like the myth that Kobe was carried by Shaq to his three rings. In 2001 and 2002 they were absolutely a dynamic 1-2 punch, with Kobe being the more valuable component in a few series. Shaq's Finals numbers were always drastically superior, but Kobe often outperformed him in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the playoffs, against decidedly superior competition.

I can't stand myths.
Glad I can help then, Chico

Here's the link that squashes the myth that Magic played C for the majority of game 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeGy8sWHltw

I'll take the word from the guy who "actually called the game live"

Jamal Wilkes scored 16pts in the 3rd and blew it open while putting up 37-10 for the game. He was the Lakers leading scorer until Johnson got garbage FTA towards the end of the game and passed him.

You're welcome yo

dankok8
10-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Great post OP! Like someone said we need more of that and not trolling.

Lebron also managed to grab 7 boards and pass the ball for 4 dimes so he wasn't just shooting all game. I sometimes wonder if Lebron had a different mentality and was actually a score-first player how much he would have scored generally throughout his career.

BigKAT
10-07-2016, 04:09 AM
Great post OP! Like someone said we need more of that and not trolling.

Lebron also managed to grab 7 boards and pass the ball for 4 dimes so he wasn't just shooting all game. I sometimes wonder if Lebron had a different mentality and was actually a score-first player how much he would have scored generally throughout his career.

Thanks a bunch.

Yeah, I know what you mean. But I think that then he wouldn't have been Lebron. He would've been another great athletic scorer. (Wilkins??) What seperates him from 99% of the NBA players is his mentality.

Prometheus
10-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Actually the reverse is true, Scottie guarded Magic less than Jordan. People act like Scottie guarded him for the entire series. MJ was on him for more possessions all together. The rest of your post, I agree. Bron put up made hollow numbers in 2014, regardless of how he or who he was defended by ... he struggled the year prior being dared to shoot and guarded by fat ass Boris Diaw.

You really are sensitive about MJ. Taking shots at Bron out of spite :oldlol:

Really though, I'm going to see if you're right, because I've watched that entire series multiple times and i definitely remember it the other way around. gives me a great excuse to watch the goat in one of his goat series.