PDA

View Full Version : How would Wade/Jordan do in today's era?

Dray n Klay
10-10-2016, 05:51 PM
Two Shooting Guards who couldn't shoot worth a lick in today's league where having 3 point shooters is a premium.

The best SG's today have great shooting ability like Klay Thompson, Harden, Eric Gordon.

Would Jordan/Wade be able to adapt, or would they be unable to find a roster spot in today's spaced-out league? :confusedshrug:

SouBeachTalents
10-10-2016, 05:53 PM
Wouldn't even make the NBA imo

tpols
10-10-2016, 05:55 PM
Wade just came off a playoff outing where he shot 45% from midrange and 50+% from 3pt.

Bran shot 29% and 34% respectively...

next..

Dray n Klay
10-10-2016, 05:56 PM
Wade just came off a playoff outing where he shot 45% from midrange and 50+% from 3pt.

Bran shot 29% and 34% respectively...

next..

So 8-10 playoff games and all of a sudden Wade is an elite shooter? :oldlol:

Dro
10-10-2016, 05:57 PM
Hmm...with all this space? Can't touch anybody? Lane wide open? MJ, 35 ppg. Wade. 30 ppg.

LostCause
10-10-2016, 05:59 PM
Ban

Smoke117
10-10-2016, 06:03 PM
Ban

He never stays banned, so what's the point?

Dray n Klay
10-10-2016, 06:03 PM
Hmm...with all this space? Can't touch anybody? Lane wide open? MJ, 35 ppg. Wade. 30 ppg.

If Wade/Jordan played in today's 3 point shooting motion offense (Gregg Popovich/Steve Kerr/Budenholzer) offense, the only shots they would get would be 3 pointers ala Klay Thompson Kyle Korver.

You think Wade and Jordan are averaging 30 ppg on 3 pointers? :roll:

They are sub 30% shooters, which is horrible for today's SGs

I see MJ averaging 23 ppg on 43% from the field 28% from 3 point range

Prime Wade would be similarly to his current averages, 20 ppg on 46% from the field, 23% from 3.

jstern
10-10-2016, 06:11 PM
If Wade/Jordan played in today's 3 point shooting motion offense (Gregg Popovich/Steve Kerr/Budenholzer) offense, the only shots they would get would be 3 pointers ala Klay Thompson Kyle Korver.

You think Wade and Jordan are averaging 30 ppg on 3 pointers? :roll:

They are sub 30% shooters, which is horrible for today's SGs

I see MJ averaging 23 ppg on 43% from the field 28% from 3 point range

Prime Wade would be similarly to his current averages, 20 ppg on 46% from the field, 23% from 3.

How would Jordan average 28% from 3 pointers in an era where he's going to get more space to shoot 3s? If Jordan played in this era he would probably shoot over 40% from 3 point line, because he's that competitive and will work on it. It will be like the 1990-91 season when he decided to make it a part of his game, only that his percentage would be higher. He would also get to the rim at will.

Dray n Klay
10-10-2016, 06:14 PM
How would Jordan average 28% from 3 pointers in an era where he's going to get more space to shoot 3s? If Jordan played in this era he would probably shoot over 40% from 3 point line, because he's that competitive and will work on it. It will be like the 1990-91 season when he decided to make it a part of his game, only that his percentage would be higher. He would also get to the rim at will.

Because the 3 point line is further out now than when Jordan played.

They decreased the 3 point line in the 90's to midrange levels, and Jordan shot in the 40's% using that line

On a regular 3 point line Jordan is a 25-26% shooter

jstern
10-10-2016, 06:17 PM
Because the 3 point line is further out now than when Jordan played.

They decreased the 3 point line in the 90's to midrange levels, and Jordan shot in the 40's% using that line

On a regular 3 point line Jordan is a 25-26% shooter

Oh, never mind. I see that you're just trolling.

Dray n Klay
10-10-2016, 06:19 PM
Oh, never mind. I see that you're just trolling.

No im not

Read this and get educated

http://pw1.netcom.com/~bjalas/basketball/bulls/3_point_line.htm

GrapeApe
10-10-2016, 07:08 PM
Would they find a roster spot :rolleyes:

News flash, Wade is currently an all-star in "today's era". At 34 years old he just put up 21/6/5 on 47% in the playoffs. It's safe to say a younger and better version of himself would find a roster spot.

In all seriousness though, Jordan and Wade would be dominant in any era. They're the best rim-attacking guards in history. They were also great from midrange (particularly Jordan), great in the post, deadly off-ball cutters, and highly intelligent. Just because the 3 point shot is more prominent doesn't mean you have to shoot 3's to be effective. When you have a great in-between game and can get to the rim at will, you don't have to rely as heavily on 3's.

Wade shot 32% from 3 in 2009. a solid % considering he was the best slasher in the league. Put that Wade in today's league and he's still averaging 30 ppg on good efficiency. Wade shot well from beyond the arc in last year's playoffs, but he did most of his damage at the rim and from midrange, just like his entire career.

DaHeezy
10-10-2016, 07:21 PM
:roll: @ his competitiveness would make him a great 3 pt shooter. He would have worked on it then if he was that competitive. Otherwise why would he embarrass himself in the 3 pt contest. Fack outta here with that nonsense.

Dray n Klay
10-10-2016, 07:25 PM
:roll: @ his competitiveness would make him a great 3 pt shooter. He would have worked on it then if he was that competitive. Otherwise why would he embarrass himself in the 3 pt contest. Fack outta here with that nonsense.

:roll: :roll:

Lmao Jordan could do anything he put his mind into, "just cause" :lol

By that logic Jordan wanted to go 1-9 in his early years since his competitiveness would've just beaten the Celtics if he wanted to. :oldlol:

Smoke117
10-10-2016, 07:30 PM
Would they find a roster spot :rolleyes:

News flash, Wade is currently an all-star in "today's era". At 34 years old he just put up 21/6/5 on 47% in the playoffs. It's safe to say a younger and better version of himself would find a roster spot.

In all seriousness though, Jordan and Wade would be dominant in any era. They're the best rim-attacking guards in history. They were also great from midrange (particularly Jordan), great in the post, deadly off-ball cutters, and highly intelligent. Just because the 3 point shot is more prominent doesn't mean you have to shoot 3's to be effective. When you have a great in-between game and can get to the rim at will, you don't have to rely as heavily on 3's.

Wade shot 32% from 3 in 2009. a solid % considering he was the best slasher in the league. Put that Wade in today's league and he's still averaging 30 ppg on good efficiency. Wade shot well from beyond the arc in last year's playoffs, but he did most of his damage at the rim and from midrange, just like his entire career.

Derozan averaged 23.5ppg on .555%ts making 0.6 3pters a game...and he's dogshit compared to Jordan and Wade. Again...I don't understand why you guys humor this mongrel DraynKlay with actual responses. He's not here to have a real discussion about anything basketball related.

LostCause
10-10-2016, 08:00 PM

Since Dray n Klay co-signed you I can only assume you're an idiot by association, but it's pretty clear his point was that in a different era where the 3 is a larger part of the game Jordan would work at it more than he actually did.

If you count from 90-98, which is the start of his most prolific 3-PT shooting years (Attempted 245 in 1990), he's at 36% from the 3 for that stretch of his career. If you remove the 3 seasons the line was moved a bit closer, he's at 33%. Know who's at about the same % from 3 in their career? Lebron James, at 34%

Retarded to presume the GOAT with the goat work ethic wouldn't adjust his game to be most effective when thats the entire reason he developed his mid-range game to what it was in his actual career

The fact OP includes Wade here as if dude isn't a player in "today's era" shows how retarded he is. I didn't notice any dropoff in activity with fam banned, so why not a perm?

3ball
10-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Would Jordan/Wade be able to adapt, or would they be unable to find a roster spot in today's spaced-out league?

:roll:

very nice dray n klay... but

Sports Illustrated - Dec. 23, 1991

Jordan is now a better shooter than Bird, not from long range, certainly, but from 20 feet in. "I don't do much shooting in the summer anymore, so I don't completely understand it myself," says Jordan. "But it's a fact. Everything about it — my mechanics, when to take the shot, the release — feels better and smoother."

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415733

Also, let's look at Lebron - his career 3-point percentage is below league-average at 33% (32% in playoffs and 34% in RS), and he's a horrible midrange shooter (below 40% for 10 of 13 seasons (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12389794&postcount=17)).

The reality is that Lebron, Westbrook, Wade, Derozan and Butler ALL (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12389778&postcount=41) have poor midrange and 3-point efficiency (can't shoot), but they're still top scorers because today's spacing and hands-off defense allows good athletes easier access to the rim.

MJ's athleticism would benefit the same way, except he was a goat midrange shooter (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12534093&postcount=8), which gives him a massive advantage over non-shooters Lebron, Westbrick and company.

DaHeezy
10-10-2016, 08:27 PM
Since Dray n Klay co-signed you I can only assume you're an idiot by association, but it's pretty clear his point was that in a different era where the 3 is a larger part of the game Jordan would work at it more than he actually did.

If you count from 90-98, which is the start of his most prolific 3-PT shooting years (Attempted 245 in 1990), he's at 36% from the 3 for that stretch of his career. If you remove the 3 seasons the line was moved a bit closer, he's at 33%. Know who's at about the same % from 3 in their career? Lebron James, at 34%

Retarded to presume the GOAT with the goat work ethic wouldn't adjust his game to be most effective when thats the entire reason he developed his mid-range game to what it was in his actual career

The fact OP includes Wade here as if dude isn't a player in "today's era" shows how retarded he is. I didn't notice any dropoff in activity with fam banned, so why not a perm?

What does OP co-sign ing have to do with said statement? It's just comical you Jordan stans think Jordan could accomplish anything because he's Jordan.

So Jordan said to himself, "I want to be a mediocre 3 pt shooter so I choose to not work on that aspect of my game." :roll:

He wasn't good. He didn't "choose" not to be good then excel in short spurts when he wanted to. Even dogs have good stretches. Isaiah and Rondo were horrible yet had stretches with great 3 pt shooting

So quit frontrunning the guy as if he was capable of being the greatest at everything if he "wanted" to. Why stop at 3 pt shooting? Why not say he would have been the greatest shot blocker period if he "chose" to. After all, he's Jordan

Smoke117
10-10-2016, 08:27 PM
[QUOTE=3ball]:roll:

very nice dray n klay... but

Sports Illustrated - Dec. 23, 1991

[indent][I]Jordan is now a better shooter than Bird, not from long range, certainly, but from 20 feet in. "I don't do much shooting in the summer anymore, so I don't completely understand it myself," says Jordan. "But it's a fact. Everything about it

jstern
10-10-2016, 08:36 PM

Because wide open 3 point shooting is a thing for this era. Of course he's going to work on it, the game is more simplistic. Back in his era, mid-range was more important. Don't be stupid. I'm a Lebron fan, and constantly put up Lebron, but you Lebron stans have an proud to be ignorant persona. When you act stupid for the sake of ignoring obvious logic, like the game and priorities being totally different, then you only come across as stupid.

3ball
10-10-2016, 08:41 PM
So Jordan said to himself, "I want to be a mediocre 3 pt shooter so I choose to not work on that aspect of my game." :roll:

He wasn't good. He didn't "choose" not to be good then excel in short spurts when he wanted to. Even dogs have good stretches. Isaiah and Rondo were horrible yet had stretches with great 3 pt shooting

That's exactly what he did, and he says so here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2CyJdCq-zU&t=0m06s).. Why would he lie?.. 3-pointers weren't popular back then, so there was no pressure or expectation that he should be a good 3-point shooter.

Also, he didn't SEEK 3-pointers, so most of his 3-pointers were bailout shots, as you can see in this Jordan 3-point compilation here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJzbrBUFB4Y&t=2m15s).. The bailout nature of his 3-pointers and the fact that he never worked on them explains why his percentage is lower.

Finally, look at Jordan's form - PERFECT - he has one of the best shooting forms and prettiest strokes of all time.

OldSchoolBBall
10-10-2016, 08:44 PM
LOL...Jordan a better shooter than Bird by 91? :facepalm What a joke.

Jordan from 21 and in was as good a shooter as Bird by 1991. Watch some games sometime. It's really pretty obvious.

Dragonyeuw
10-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Well lets see..... two years ago an erratic shooting, rim attacking Westbrook led the league in scoring and had an MVP level season by most accounts. Prime Wade was better, sooooo......broken down Wade is still a top SG as of last season, and hes wayyyyy past his prime.

MJ? Don't even need a bother making a case for how much he'd dominate. I do wonder though, why is this moron stilll roaming about..actually someone explain to me why he's even getting banned to be reinstated again and again?

3ball
10-10-2016, 08:52 PM
Well lets see..... two years ago an erratic shooting, rim attacking Westbrook led the league in scoring and had an MVP level season by most accounts. Prime Wade was better, sooooo......broken down Wade is still a top SG as of last season, and hes wayyyyy past his prime.

MJ? Don't even need a bother making a case for how much he'd dominate. I do wonder though, why is this moron stilll roaming about..actually someone explain to me why he's even getting banned to be reinstated again and again?
That's true..

If the 6'3" Westbrick can have an MVP-caliber season and be scoring champ while shooting 29.9% from 3-point range in 2015 (which means he feasted going to the hole), then a superior athletic specimen like Jordan would do even better (taller, stronger, more hops, MUCH smarter, and goat midrange shooting).

Ditto for the brick-laying Wade in 2009, who was scoring champ while shooting 31.7% on three pointers (he shot decently from midrange though - about 43% based on bballref stats.. nowhere near Jordan's 50% clip).

DaHeezy
10-10-2016, 08:56 PM
Because wide open 3 point shooting is a thing for this era. Of course he's going to work on it, the game is more simplistic. Back in his era, mid-range was more important. Don't be stupid. I'm a Lebron fan, and constantly put up Lebron, but you Lebron stans have an proud to be ignorant persona. When you act stupid for the sake of ignoring obvious logic, like the game and priorities being totally different, then you only come across as stupid.

Lol, I'm a Lebron stan? That's new

So it's considered "logic" that a person who was historically mediocre and was a complete failure in a 3 pt contest assume would have been good but simply chose not to be but only in bailout moments?

Maybe you should look up the definition of logic. Assumptions aren't logic. You're assumptions on are based on speculation. Try again

Dray n Klay
10-10-2016, 08:56 PM
Is it that hard to admit that a SHOOTING Guard who can't SHOOT wouldn't be as effective in today's 3 point league?

Jordan stans would go through extreme mental gymnastics to try and convince themselves that he would be the GOAT 3-point shooter if he wanted :oldlol:

DaHeezy
10-10-2016, 08:59 PM
That's exactly what he did, and he says so here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2CyJdCq-zU&t=0m06s).. Why would he lie?.. 3-pointers weren't popular back then, so there was no pressure or expectation that he should be a good 3-point shooter.

Also, he didn't SEEK 3-pointers, so most of his 3-pointers were bailout shots, as you can see in this Jordan 3-point compilation here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJzbrBUFB4Y&t=2m15s).. The bailout nature of his 3-pointers and the fact that he never worked on them explains why his percentage is lower.

Finally, look at Jordan's form - PERFECT - he has one of the best shooting forms and prettiest strokes of all time.

Lol, I've seen Bosh with plenty of bailouts. By this logic Bosh should be the best 3 pointer in the league!

Stop reaching. Jordan was a mediocre 3 pt shooter. No twisting of logic will ever change that to the normal NBA fan's eye.

DaHeezy
10-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Is it that hard to admit that a SHOOTING Guard who can't SHOOT wouldn't be as effective in today's 3 point league?

Jordan stans would go through extreme mental gymnastics to try and convince themselves that he would be the GOAT 3-point shooter if he wanted :oldlol:

By their logic Jordan could have been the greatest at anything if he chose to. Better shot blocker than Hakeem, better passer than Magic, better shooter than Curry. He just "chose" not to apparently. Reason being it didnt suit the era or his team. :lol
To show how delusional these guys are there was a thread where these momos actually though if Jordan "chose" to he would have been a better wide receiver than Randy Moss. That thread ACTUALLY happened

3ball
10-10-2016, 09:12 PM
:rolleyes:

Dray n Klay
10-10-2016, 09:15 PM
By their logic Jordan could have been the greatest at anything if he chose to. Better shot blacker than Hakeem, better passer than Magic, better shooter than Curry. He just "chose" not to apparently. Reason being it didnt suit the era or his team. :lol
To show how delusional these guys are there was a thread where these momos actually though if Jordan "chose" to he would have been a better wide receiver than Randy Moss. That thread ACTUALLY happened

Can you imagine if Jordan stans were in charge of writing the history books?

They would try and rewrite Jordan's legacy to act like 1-9 never happened, and that the Bulls were decimated without Jordan in 1994, when in actuality they were the same team without him :oldlol:

Apparently Jordan was this immortal god that could do anything if he wanted, when the truth is he went 1-9 as the sole option and needed Pippen to bail him out. :banana:

Now all of a sudden he would be the GOAT 3 point shooter if he tried?? :lol

DaHeezy
10-10-2016, 09:17 PM

Can you imagine if Jordan stans were in charge of writing the history books?

They would try and rewrite Jordan's legacy to act like 1-9 never happened, and that the Bulls were decimated without Jordan in 1994, when in actuality they were the same team without him :oldlol:

Apparently Jordan was this immortal god that could do anything if he wanted, when the truth is he went 1-9 as the sole option and needed Pippen to bail him out. :banana:

Now all of a sudden he would be the GOAT 3 point shooter if he tried?? :lol

That's what they are attempting on ISH. To manipulate the board by disparaging any opinions that Jordan could arguably not be the GOAT. Then go through such extreme measure to argue it.

I have never seen a more delusional fanbase....and I'm throwing them in the same category as Beleibers and Swifties. The most delusionally obsessed fans I've ever encountered

CTbasketball92
10-10-2016, 09:17 PM
Prime MJ was a 6'6" Westbrook with a CP3 midrange game and Kyrie Irving body control (if not better). Westbrook averaged like 28 ppg with a 53-54 TS% in 2014-2015. MJ would average 31 ppg on 56 TS%, and considering his freethrow percentage and his 48% midrange game, it's not too much to assume he'd shoot at least a 35-37% from 3 while making about 1 a game at least.

DWade still does what he did in 2006-2011. He's nasty. That's all I'm going to say.

3ball
10-10-2016, 09:22 PM

Ur wrong because there's many examples that PROVE you don't need to be a good shooter from 3-point range OR midrange to be great in today's league - for example:

The 6'3" Westbrick had an MVP-caliber season and was scoring champ in 2015 despite shooting 29.9% from 3-point range and 36.9% (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201566/stats/shooting/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Regular%20Season) from midrange - accordingly, Jordan's superior athletic specimen and goat midrange shooting would do even better.

Ditto for the 6'4", brick-laying Wade in 2009, who was scoring champ while shooting 31.7% on three pointers and 41.6% (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/2548/stats/shooting/?Season=2008-09&SeasonType=Regular%20Season) from midrange.

The reality is that Lebron, Westbrook, Wade, Derozan and Butler ALL (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12389778&postcount=41) have poor midrange and 3-point efficiency (can't shoot), but they're still top scorers because today's spacing and hands-off defense allows good athletes easier access to the rim.. MJ's athleticism would benefit the same way, except he was a goat midrange shooter (49% (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/shooting/?Season=1996-97&SeasonType=Regular%20Season) in 1997, and 50.4% (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415733) in 91' and 92'), which gives him a massive advantage over non-shooters Lebron, Westbrick and company..

tmacattack33
10-10-2016, 09:28 PM
Peak Wade would be terrible in today's nba.

He'd average 18 ppg...even though last year he averaged more than that and is well above his prime :biggums:

SCdac
10-10-2016, 09:33 PM
please bring back the rep system so I can neg dray n klay

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2db9o4h.jpg

GrapeApe
10-10-2016, 09:35 PM

It wasn't called "shooting guard" when Jordan played? Is that a new term?

Shooting means putting the ball in the basket, and Jordan is the best in history at doing that.

Hey Yo
10-10-2016, 09:48 PM
"When MJ returned from the baseball diamond to the newly shortened 3-point arc at the end of the 1994-95 season, Jordan's distance shooting was about all that went right over 17 clunky regular-season games and his subsequent playoff exit. His 50 percent 3-point mark that season presaged how an older, more grounded Airness would come to dominate after a summer of sharpening his skills to fit the new rules.

He came back that fall and, at age 32, had one of his greatest seasons. Not only did Jordan’s team famously win 72 games, but MJ posted his most efficient shooting season in five years while claiming his second-best win shares mark. He was less potent inside the arc and less explosive around the rim. But he shot a scalding 42.7 percent from 3. A season later, Jordan's (still good) 37.4 percent 3-point shooting augmented otherwise slipping numbers.

Of the 581 total regular-season 3s Jordan sank over his long career, 238 of them came in the little more than two seasons he played with the short line (1.3 3s a game with a shortened line, and 0.39 3s with a longer line). Credit the greatest player ever for being savvy. When the 3 point-line retreated, he went on the attack, launching shots from distance more frequently while hitting 40 percent of his treys, like a regular Ray Allen. Jordan knew his strengths and his limits. He knew he was deadly from 22 feet and feebly inaccurate from 23 feet.

Hey Yo
10-10-2016, 09:54 PM
It wasn't called "shooting guard" when Jordan played? Is that a new term?

Shooting means putting the ball in the basket, and Jordan is the best in history at doing that.
No....Kareem was.

Paul George 24
10-10-2016, 10:04 PM
Lechoke Will Zero Ring,zero Mvp/fmvp,all Star Mvp

GrapeApe
10-10-2016, 10:37 PM
No....Kareem was.

Well yeah, technically he put the ball in the basket more than anyone in history, but Jordan is generally viewed as the greatest scorer ever.

LostCause
10-11-2016, 12:09 AM
What does OP co-sign ing have to do with said statement?

Like I said, retard by association

It's just comical you Jordan stans think Jordan could accomplish anything because he's Jordan.

Right (https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman)

Pretty much (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2CyJdCq-zU&t=0m06s)

I don't know how to make this simpler for you to understand. You speak about logic yet when discussing whether Jordan could become a good 3-pt shooter if he played in THIS era, you keep citing that he was mediocre in a past era. That's not logical.

What's logical is to look at how dude added shit to his game as he saw necessary to excel. He said himself he did NOT see 3-PT shooting as necessary to excel. If he played in todays game, why exactly wouldn't he?

It's stupid to say "he wasn't a great 3-pt shooter so he cant be good". It's logical to say "If Jordan played in this era, he'd be far more likely to work on his 3-PT shot more and would thus improve at it"

Don't talk about logic if you don't know what it is, troll

So quit frontrunning the guy as if he was capable of being the greatest at everything if he "wanted" to.

Again (https://images.encyclopediadramatica.se/2/21/StrawmanPoster.jpg)

Why stop at 3 pt shooting? Why not say he would have been the greatest shot blocker period if he "chose" to. After all, he's Jordan

Well, logically, he doesn't have the tools to be the greatest shot blocker period. Also, you're showing you don't trust your own stance by misstating mine further - I never claimed Jordan would be the best, so why are you? I said he'd obviously work it into his game and be good

Again, being logical, let's look at what Jordan DID add to his game based on his era
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1746115-how-michael-jordan-re-defined-his-game-to-extend-legendary-career

Based on this, it's logical to assume dude would get good results if he chose to add a 3 to his game. I also found it hilarious how yal dumbasses got tripped up when yal realized Jordans career 3PT% isn't really worse than Lebrons, who yal stan in this era. So even if Jordan didn't improve as a 3-pt shooter at ALL, he still has a far superior scoring arsenal almost everywhere than Lebron does so he'd still dominate

LostCause
10-11-2016, 12:19 AM
"When MJ returned from the baseball diamond to the newly shortened 3-point arc at the end of the 1994-95 season, Jordan's distance shooting was about all that went right over 17 clunky regular-season games and his subsequent playoff exit. His 50 percent 3-point mark that season presaged how an older, more grounded Airness would come to dominate after a summer of sharpening his skills to fit the new rules.

It's funny you quote this, recalling the argument you put up in the other thread that Jordan wasn't rusty in 95

Of the 581 total regular-season 3s Jordan sank over his long career, 238 of them came in the little more than two seasons he played with the short line (1.3 3s a game with a shortened line, and 0.39 3s with a longer line). Credit the greatest player ever for being savvy. When the 3 point-line retreated, he went on the attack, launching shots from distance more frequently while hitting 40 percent of his treys, like a regular Ray Allen. Jordan knew his strengths and his limits. He knew he was deadly from 22 feet and feebly inaccurate from 23 feet.

Funny thing is even if you exclude those 3 seasons and only count the seasons Jordan attempted more than 90 3's beyond the arc, his % is 32. If you only count the one's he shot 100 attempts, he's at 33 (Also at 33 if you count from 90 - 98). Trend here is that the more he shoots the better he shoots. He's as good a 3-PT shooter as Bron has been throughout his career

None of this matters though. OP asked if Jordan played today would he be able to dominate. The answer is yes, and the answer is also that his 3PT shooting would be even better

Dray n Klay
10-11-2016, 12:21 AM
LostCause logic: Jordan was the greatest at every aspect of basketball.

And if there was something he wasn't great at, its cause he chose not to be great at it

That guy is truly a Lost Cause

Smoke117
10-11-2016, 12:27 AM

He has to be a friend or related to Jeff in some way...same way Euroleague has to be. One is allowed to continuously make shit like this and the other is allowed to continuously make threads in THE NBA FORUM that have zero to do with the NBA while simultaneously throwing shade on said NBA. Honestly, I'm thinking about going full troll soon...because **** this board. If they don't care...why should I? Might as well help bury it.

LostCause
10-11-2016, 12:28 AM
LostCause logic: Jordan was the greatest at every aspect of basketball.

And if there was something he wasn't great at, its cause he chose not to be great at it

That guy is truly a Lost Cause

Let's be real, you're very likely going to die a virgin (Old age of course, I wouldn't wish death on anyone!), so.....

Let that sink in.

Oh well, at least you can say you religiously trolled a basketball forum

sunnyboy91
10-11-2016, 12:33 AM
Jordan was one of the best midrange shooters in the game. In face, he is a better shooter than Larry Bird everywhere on the court besides the 3 point line.
To say Jordan couldnt shoot is utterly ridiculous.

Dray n Klay is the worst poster on this forum by far. He just makes himself look foolish time and time again. I dont think he has the bball iq to add anything of value to this forum. He is literally the exact opposite type of poster and thread maker to BigKAT. Why is he allowed to make rubbish threads?

aj1987
10-11-2016, 12:58 AM
I'm not the greatest basketball player ever because I chose not to be one.

I'm not the richest man in the world because I chose not to be one.

Bawkish
10-11-2016, 01:29 AM
Lebron is the greatest flopper of all time because he chose to be one

He's also the greatest choker in 2011 because he chose to be one

Dragonyeuw
10-11-2016, 08:07 AM
He has to be a friend or related to Jeff in some way...same way Euroleague has to be. One is allowed to continuously make shit like this and the other is allowed to continuously make threads in THE NBA FORUM that have zero to do with the NBA while simultaneously throwing shade on said NBA. Honestly, I'm thinking about going full troll soon...because **** this board. If they don't care...why should I? Might as well help bury it.

May as well, the ole 'if you can't beat em' strategy seems to work. Or maybe just finding a different forum for real talk. At one point you had trolls here that actually provided some level of entertainment, but this is pathetic.

HenryGarfunkle
10-11-2016, 08:51 AM
Let's be real, you're very likely going to die a virgin (Old age of course, I wouldn't wish death on anyone!), so.....

Let that sink in.

Officially broken.

D & K exposed you for being a troll who knows nothing about basketball so you resort to lame ad-hominems.

You give Jordan jock-sniffers a bad name.

WolfGang
10-11-2016, 10:55 AM
I'd take the athletic mid range God Jordan over just about any 2 guard. He wouldn't take a team to the finals by himself but you know if he has the chance to finish you...he will.

Dro
10-11-2016, 01:46 PM
Why would he try to shoot 3's when he can get to the rim at will and make pullup midrange shots/fadeaways at will? To try to be cool like the rest of these chuckers in "today's NBA".?
:confusedshrug:

SamuraiSWISH
10-11-2016, 02:20 PM
I'd take the athletic mid range God Jordan over just about any 2 guard. He wouldn't take a team to the finals by himself but you know if he has the chance to finish you...he will.
Wait ... wait

Jordan gave the best version of the 89 Bad Boys their only 2 losses of the playoffs.

With a still very green, I get headaches in pressure situations Scottie Pippen. He had bums on his squad until the young guys made the leap in the 1990 season.

Yet you're trying to spin this yarn that Jordan couldn't take a team to the Finals in this weak ass eastern conference?

MJ on his own would eat Kyle Lowry and Demar Derozan for breakfast. Just stop. And some beige popstar like Drake wouldn't have the stones to talk shit to him on the sidelines either.

DaHeezy
10-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Why would he try to shoot 3's when he can get to the rim at will and make pullup midrange shots/fadeaways at will? To try to be cool like the rest of these chuckers in "today's NBA".?
:confusedshrug:

He did shoot threes and was mediocre. It's not that he didn't try. It's all on paper :rolleyes:

DaHeezy
10-11-2016, 02:29 PM
Like I said, retard by association

Right (https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman)

Pretty much (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2CyJdCq-zU&t=0m06s)

I don't know how to make this simpler for you to understand. You speak about logic yet when discussing whether Jordan could become a good 3-pt shooter if he played in THIS era, you keep citing that he was mediocre in a past era. That's not logical.

What's logical is to look at how dude added shit to his game as he saw necessary to excel. He said himself he did NOT see 3-PT shooting as necessary to excel. If he played in todays game, why exactly wouldn't he?

It's stupid to say "he wasn't a great 3-pt shooter so he cant be good". It's logical to say "If Jordan played in this era, he'd be far more likely to work on his 3-PT shot more and would thus improve at it"

Don't talk about logic if you don't know what it is, troll

Again (https://images.encyclopediadramatica.se/2/21/StrawmanPoster.jpg)

Well, logically, he doesn't have the tools to be the greatest shot blocker period. Also, you're showing you don't trust your own stance by misstating mine further - I never claimed Jordan would be the best, so why are you? I said he'd obviously work it into his game and be good

Again, being logical, let's look at what Jordan DID add to his game based on his era
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1746115-how-michael-jordan-re-defined-his-game-to-extend-legendary-career

Based on this, it's logical to assume dude would get good results if he chose to add a 3 to his game. I also found it hilarious how yal dumbasses got tripped up when yal realized Jordans career 3PT% isn't really worse than Lebrons, who yal stan in this era. So even if Jordan didn't improve as a 3-pt shooter at ALL, he still has a far superior scoring arsenal almost everywhere than Lebron does so he'd still dominate

Lol, assume and logical don't go in the same sentence moron.
So your long winded post instantly becomes discredited.

And you want to talk guilty by association. You're in the same breathe as 3ball and straight_ballin. Probably the 2 most pathetic posters on ISH. Let that sink in

DaHeezy
10-11-2016, 02:31 PM

Let that sink in.

Oh well, at least you can say you religiously trolled a basketball forum

Typical. Can't articulate so he goes for personal attacks. Who's the troll? :facepalm

Dray n Klay
10-11-2016, 02:32 PM
Wait ... wait

Jordan gave the best version of the 89 Bad Boys their only 2 losses of the playoffs.

With a still very green, I get headaches in pressure situations Scottie Pippen. He had bums on his squad until the young guys made the leap in the 1990 season.

Yet you're trying to spin this yarn that Jordan couldn't take a team to the Finals in this weak ass eastern conference?

MJ on his own would eat Kyle Lowry and Demar Derozan for breakfast. Just stop. And some beige popstar like Drake wouldn't have the stones to talk shit to him on the sidelines either.

LOL, even Pippen is better than Jordan in terms of taking a team to the Finals.

Jordan without Pippen = Swept twice in the first round, lose 3-1 in the first round.

Pippen without Jordan = Wins 55 games and is one bad call away from going to the Finals and winning the championship

Seems like Pippen has more "take teams to the Finals" ability than Jordan :confusedshrug:

Dray n Klay
10-11-2016, 02:33 PM
Officially broken.

D & K exposed you for being a troll who knows nothing about basketball so you resort to lame ad-hominems.

Damn, you just exposed LostCause for his passive aggresive ad-hominem trolling :oldlol:

Dragonyeuw
10-11-2016, 02:59 PM

Jordan without Pippen = Swept twice in the first round, lose 3-1 in the first round.

Pippen without Jordan = Wins 55 games and is one bad call away from going to the Finals and winning the championship

Seems like Pippen has more "take teams to the Finals" ability than Jordan :confusedshrug:

What the **** are you talking about? Pippen has never taken a team to the finals, and if you're referring to him 'taking' the Blazers to the WCFs in 2000( and losing a 15 point 4th quarter lead to the Lakers), asides from veteran leadership he wasn't the best player on that team at 34 post back surgery, or even the second best.

Second, the 94 Bulls lost in the second round, not the ECFs. So before you jump the gun and say the Bulls were one bad call away from the finals, they had to get past the ****ing Pacers before making the finals. Don't act like that's a foregone conclusion, or that the Bulls would be the favorites against the Rockets. Hakeem alone would have made mincemeat out of the Bulls frontline and frankly, as good as Pippen was in 94, you ain't ****ing with 94 Hakeem unless that guy is prime MJ leading the Bulls during that period.

Third, you're a moron. The reality is that by 89, Jordan could have taken the Bulls to the Finals if not being on an undermanned team running into one of the best dynasties ever in the Badboy Pistons. They were good enough, mainly on Jordan's brilliance, to have dealt with every other eastern playoff team. The Hawks, the Cavs, Sixers, Knicks, Bucks? I'd take the Jordan led Bulls over all of those teams after 89 in a playoff series. The Pistons basically had to devise a specific brand of defense just to contain Jordan, because using conventional defense was futile. And even then, as stated above, the only loss for the Pistons came at the expense of the Bulls that year. Who do you think was chiefly responsible for that? Who's to say the Bulls don't make the finals in 1990, and would probably be favored over the Blazers, if Pippen didn't have a stress-induced migraine? And even that version of Pippen wasn't what he would eventually become, so cut the BS that MJ could only achieve some level of playoff success with a prime Pippen. He was battling the Pistons hard well before Scottie became anything.

3ball
10-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Here's what I don't understand:

MOST of the top wings in today's game are mediocre to bad 3-point shooters!

This includes Lebron, Westbrook, Wade, Derozan and many more

Are you guys saying Jordan wouldn't be able to shoot 33% from 3-point range like Lebron, or 29% like Westbrook, or 30% like Wade?

What are you guys saying?...

These guys are remain top players DESPITE their mediocre to bad 3-point and midrange shooting, because the spacing and hands-off perimeter defense makes it easier to get to the hole than ever before..

The NBA has officially stated that the objective of the new rules was to make penetration easier - don't make me post all the quotes from the NBA again..

Dray n Klay
10-11-2016, 03:11 PM
What the **** are you talking about? Pippen has never taken a team to the finals, and if you're referring to him 'taking' the Blazers to the WCFs in 2000( and losing a 15 point 4th quarter lead to the Lakers), asides from veteran leadership he wasn't the best player on that team at 34 post back surgery, or even the second best.

Second, the 94 Bulls lost in the second round, not the ECFs. So before you jump the gun and say the Bulls were one bad call away from the finals, they had to get past the ****ing Pacers before making the finals. Don't act like that's a foregone conclusion, or that the Bulls would be the favorites against the Rockets. Hakeem alone would have made mincemeat out of the Bulls frontline and frankly, as good as Pippen was in 94, you ain't ****ing with 94 Hakeem unless that guy is prime MJ during that period.

Third, you're a moron.

Bulls would have easily beat the Pacers in '94 and you damn well know it.

3ball
10-11-2016, 03:14 PM

Dray n Klay - address the previous post above

Dray n Klay
10-11-2016, 03:19 PM
Dray n Klay - address the previous post above

First answer this:

Whats better 29/10/7 or 33/6/6? :confusedshrug:

Dragonyeuw
10-11-2016, 03:24 PM

Highly debatable, certainly not easily. Prime Reggie was getting his during this period, they had a dependable second option in Smits who was wayy better than any center the Bulls could throw at them, and tough defenders in Derrick Mckey and the Davies Boys. By no means is that an easy victory, if at all.

Even the Cavs were dealing with injuries when the Bulls beat them in the 94 playoffs. There's nothing to say they even make it out of the first round against a healthy Cavs squad. But the reality of all this is, if 94 Jordan was on the team the Bulls would have taken out the Knicks without a 'bad call' having that much of an outcome on the series result. So you can continue to harp on about regular season victory totals as some BS proof that the 94 Bulls were almost as good as the prior years with MJ on-board.

3ball
10-11-2016, 03:31 PM

Are you guys saying Jordan wouldn't be able to shoot 33% from 3-point range like Lebron, or 29% like Westbrook, or 30% like Wade?

These guys remain top players DESPITE their mediocre to bad 3-point and midrange shooting, because the spacing and hands-off perimeter defense makes it easier to get to the hole than ever before..

The NBA has officially stated that the objective of the new rules was to make penetration easier - don't make me post all the quotes from the NBA again..
Is no one going to answer this^^^^

Most of today's best wings AREN'T GOOD SHOOTERS from 3-point range OR midrange.. See this post (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12628214&postcount=34) for exact stats on the best wing's 3-point and midrange efficiency.

3ball
10-11-2016, 03:32 PM
First answer this:

First of all, your numbers are wrong - Lebron's averages for his best 6 Finals are 27.5 ppg, not 29..

So Lebron averaged 27.5/10/7.. And Jordan averaged 33.5 ppg in the Finals, not 33.

Also, Lebron's 27.5/10/7 includes 4.5 turnovers, compared to 2.8 for Jordan, so that eliminates Lebron's tiny 1 assist edge.. And Jordan shot 52.6% compared to Lebron's 47%.

So that means the comparison comes down to Jordan's 6 point edge with far better efficiency versus Lebron's 4 defensive rebound edge.. Obviously, Lebron would be on a totally different level if he averaged 6 more points on better efficiency... :eek: .... So Jordan wins, by a mile

Dro
10-11-2016, 03:47 PM
He did shoot threes and was mediocre. It's not that he didn't try. It's all on paper :rolleyes:
So you have 2 people in this entire thread basically spouting this nonsense even though everyone has made great points disputing this ridiculous thread. Ok.:banghead:

Dro
10-11-2016, 03:48 PM
And he was mediocre...Nobody said he would be some great 3 point shooter but simply that he would WORK on it more and become BETTER at it. So what exactly are you and troll buddy disputing?

3ball
10-11-2016, 04:04 PM
I'm ghost itt because I can't refute 3ball's points... and I've been exposed for lying about Lebron's stats (above)... :facepalm

Indeed, there's many examples that PROVE you don't need to be a good shooter from 3-point range OR midrange to be great in today's league - for example:

The 6'3" Westbrick had an MVP-caliber season and was scoring champ in 2015 despite shooting 29.9% from 3-point range and 36.9% (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201566/stats/shooting/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Regular%20Season) from midrange - accordingly, Jordan's superior athletic specimen and goat midrange shooting would do even better.

Ditto for the 6'4", brick-laying Wade in 2009, who was scoring champ while shooting 31.7% on three pointers and 41.6% (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/2548/stats/shooting/?Season=2008-09&SeasonType=Regular%20Season) from midrange.

The reality is that Lebron, Westbrook, Wade, Derozan and Butler ALL (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12389778&postcount=41) have poor midrange and 3-point efficiency (can't shoot), but they're still top scorers because today's spacing and hands-off defense allows good athletes easier access to the rim.. MJ's athleticism would benefit the same way, except he was a goat midrange shooter (49% (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/shooting/?Season=1996-97&SeasonType=Regular%20Season) in 1997, and 50.4% (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415733) in 91' and 92'), which gives him a massive advantage over non-shooters Lebron, Westbrick and company..

aj1987
10-11-2016, 04:07 PM
And he was mediocre...Nobody said he would be some great 3 point shooter but simply that he would WORK on it more and become BETTER at it. So what exactly are you and troll buddy disputing?
The only problem I have (and I kinda agree with the other dude) is that Jordan stans act like he could've been the GOAT at literally every aspect of basketball, if he "worked on it". They are try to create the narrative that Pip wouldn't have existed without Jordan.

Those dudes are on par with Ilt stans. I guess we'll see LeBron stans spouting the same retarded shit in the future (it kinda did already start).

Dragonyeuw
10-11-2016, 04:33 PM
So that means the comparison comes down to Jordan's 6 point edge with far better efficiency versus Lebron's 4 defensive rebound edge.. Obviously, Lebron would be on a totally different level if he averaged 6 more points on better efficiency... :eek: .... So Jordan wins, by a mile

The extra rebounds arent really as big a deal as some are making them to be, 1) because MJ was a negligibly better offensive rebounder, so he actually has an edge in generating rebounds that lead directly to another scoring opportunity and 2) more defensive rebounds doesn't automatically translate to a net positive on the outcome of a game, since a team can actually win and be out-rebounded....or even out-assisted for that matter..but never outscored.

3ball
10-11-2016, 04:39 PM
Jordan stans act like he could've been the GOAT at literally every aspect of basketball, if he "worked on it".

:facepalm

No one said Jordan could be GOAT at every aspect of the game - the only aspect he's GOAT at is scoring, mental strength, and arguably perimeter defense.

But Jordan fans ARE saying that he could be *one of the best* passers in the league IF HE WANTED TO, and he could be *one of the best* 3-point shooters in the game, IF HE WANTED TO...

So let's examine the evidence:

1) PASSING: Just a few games into his 24-game stretch at point guard in 1989, the media was already saying he was better than Isiah and Magic.. This shows that IF HE WANTED TO FOCUS ON PASSING, he could've been one of the best passers in the league (in addition to his goat scoring).

2) 3-POINT SHOOTING: Anyone that understands basketball knows that Jordan's shooting form was FLAWLESS - he has one of the best strokes of all time, and therefore the CAPACITY to become a great 3-point shooter.

a) Anytime the opponent had clogged the paint (which was easier to do back then since defenders didn't have to guard as many 3-point shooters), Jordan destroyed the team from 3-point range.. See the 1993 ECF (10-25 on threes, including 54 points on all jumpers in Game 4), 1992 Finals (record for threes in a half and the famous "you shouldn't have doubted me" :confusedshrug: ).

Smoke117
10-11-2016, 04:44 PM

Second, the 94 Bulls lost in the second round, not the ECFs. So before you jump the gun and say the Bulls were one bad call away from the finals, they had to get past the ****ing Pacers before making the finals. Don't act like that's a foregone conclusion, or that the Bulls would be the favorites against the Rockets. Hakeem alone would have made mincemeat out of the Bulls frontline and frankly, as good as Pippen was in 94, you ain't ****ing with 94 Hakeem unless that guy is prime MJ leading the Bulls during that period.

Third, you're a moron. The reality is that by 89, Jordan could have taken the Bulls to the Finals if not being on an undermanned team running into one of the best dynasties ever in the Badboy Pistons. They were good enough, mainly on Jordan's brilliance, to have dealt with every other eastern playoff team. The Hawks, the Cavs, Sixers, Knicks, Bucks? I'd take the Jordan led Bulls over all of those teams after 89 in a playoff series. The Pistons basically had to devise a specific brand of defense just to contain Jordan, because using conventional defense was futile. And even then, as stated above, the only loss for the Pistons came at the expense of the Bulls that year. Who do you think was chiefly responsible for that? Who's to say the Bulls don't make the finals in 1990, and would probably be favored over the Blazers, if Pippen didn't have a stress-induced migraine? And even that version of Pippen wasn't what he would eventually become, so cut the BS that MJ could only achieve some level of playoff success with a prime Pippen. He was battling the Pistons hard well before Scottie became anything.

I can't believe you typed all that in response to a draynklay post. :facepalm

Dragonyeuw
10-11-2016, 04:52 PM
I can't believe you typed all that in response to a draynklay post. :facepalm
Yeah, dont remind me. I guess Im trying to, even if one disagrees with my opinion, at least help to balance out the trolling insanity stinking up the joint.

Smoke117
10-11-2016, 05:02 PM
Yeah, dont remind me. I guess Im trying to, even if one disagrees with my opinion, at least help to balance out the trolling insanity stinking up the joint.

You guys are going about it the wrong way though...trolls are like this obnoxious cat my cousin has...if you make eye contact with him he will never leave you alone...you can't give these trolls attention...that's exactly what they want.

Look at this ****ing thread...it devolved (to be fair it was already horrible draynklay thread anyway) into what almost every thread does these days because of trolls and the mentally ill (3ball)...a stupid bullshit argument of lebron vs jordan. Once the season starts even making a thread about Jordan before January should be an instant ban...there's been enough Jordan threads in this off season to last a lifetime.

Hey Yo
10-11-2016, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
The reality is that by 89, Jordan could have taken the Bulls to the Finals if not being on an undermanned team running into one of the best dynasties ever in the Badboy Pistons.
Dynasty??

Winning B2B titles now deems that team a dynasty?

87 and 88 Lakers were a dynasty?
Hakeem's Rockets?
2009 and 10 Lakers?
2012 and 13 Heat?

Those teams are also considered dynasty's??

fourkicks44
10-11-2016, 05:16 PM

Are you saying Pippen > Lebron?

Dray n Klay
10-11-2016, 05:18 PM
You guys are going about it the wrong way though...trolls are like this obnoxious cat my cousin has...if you make eye contact with him he will never leave you alone...you can't give these trolls attention...that's exactly what they want.

Look at this ****ing thread...it devolved (to be fair it was already horrible draynklay thread anyway) into what almost every thread does these days because of trolls and the mentally ill (3ball)...a stupid bullshit argument of lebron vs jordan. Once the season starts even making a thread about Jordan before January should be an instant ban...there's been enough Jordan threads in this off season to last a lifetime.

Are you mad, Smoke?

3ball
10-11-2016, 05:31 PM
First answer this:

First of all, your numbers are wrong - Lebron's averages for his best 6 Finals are 27.5 ppg, not 29...

So Lebron averaged 27.5/10/7.. And Jordan averaged 33.5 ppg in the Finals, not 33.

Also, Lebron's 27.5/10/7 includes 4.5 turnovers, compared to 2.8 for Jordan, so that eliminates Lebron's tiny 1 assist edge.. And Jordan shot 52.6% compared to Lebron's 47%.

3ball
10-11-2016, 05:32 PM
I'm avoiding answering 3ball because I can't refute his points... and I've been exposed for lying about Lebron's stats (above)... :facepalm

Indeed, there's many examples that PROVE you don't need to be a good shooter from 3-point range OR midrange to be great in today's league - for example:

Smoke117
10-11-2016, 05:35 PM

http://i.imgur.com/R8mplVt.gif

You have literally said this same shit already at least three times in this thread alone. Come up with something new or stfu.

I saw some stupid ass silly remark by you about how none of us know shit about Jordan and this and that ...that's not it at all...WE JUST DON'T STALK THE MAN AND LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH HIM. Unlike you...we've watched the NBA over the last 5 years and we want to talk about CURRENT BASKETBALL. I'm sure there is boards where the Jordan obsessed can get together and have a circle jerk...find one and **** off.

3ball
10-11-2016, 05:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/R8mplVt.gif

You have literally said this same shit already at least three times in this thread alone. Come up with something new or stfu.
The post is unrefuted, even though Dray n Klay swore to respond to it...

Accordingly, the post is just a brag at this point.. :banana:

Smoke117
10-11-2016, 05:42 PM
The post is unrefuted, even though Dray n Klay swore to respond to it...

Accordingly, the post is just a brag at this point.. :banana:

You proclaim to be this expert Jordan and basketball scholar...yet you are having ARGUMENTS WITH DRAYNKLAY...:roll: Frankly that's good though...it's a good thing for the retards to distract each other...let's us normal basketball fans can have real discussions.

I don't even know why these other dipshits try to debate with you...from the moment you said you stopped watching the NBA 5 years ago your opinion on anything related to current basketball was worthless. Why does this matter? Because you are continuously going on about Lebron...a player you haven't even watched in FIVE ****ING YEARS.

Dro
10-11-2016, 05:46 PM

These guys are remain top players DESPITE their mediocre to bad 3-point and midrange shooting, because the spacing and hands-off perimeter defense makes it easier to get to the hole than ever before..

People can say what they want but at the end of the day, this is all I'm wondering. I'm trying to figure out what the point of the thread is. He said how would Jordan do in this era and basically is saying that Jordan would suck unless he developed a great 3 point shot. Which is 100% CONTRADICTORY to what we see in the NBA where some of the best players are NOT good 3 point shooters, AT ALL....So again, what is the point of this thread? Its a rhetorical question, I understand.

Dray n Klay
10-11-2016, 05:47 PM
3ball adjust your stats for pace..

Smoke117
10-11-2016, 05:53 PM
People can say what they want but at the end of the day, this is all I'm wondering. I'm trying to figure out what the point of the thread is. He said how would Jordan do in this era and basically is saying that Jordan would suck unless he developed a great 3 point shot. Which is 100% CONTRADICTORY to what we see in the NBA where some of the best players are NOT good 3 point shooters, AT ALL....So again, what is the point of this thread? Its a rhetorical question, I understand.

I give up on this board...:facepalm I raise the white flag...

3ball
10-11-2016, 06:17 PM

Pace was the same in the playoffs and Finals for MJ and Lebron's championship runs:

PLAYOFFS:

1991 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1991.html#all_misc_stats):. 93.3
1992 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1992.html#all_misc_stats):. 91.7
1993 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1993.html#all_misc_stats):. 90.8
1996 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1996.html#all_misc_stats):. 87.1
1997 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1997.html#all_misc_stats):. 87.2
1998 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1998.html#all_misc_stats):. 85.9

2007 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2007.html#all_misc_stats):. 89.5
2011 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2011.html#all_misc_stats):. 87.8
2012 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2012.html#all_misc_stats):. 89.0
2013 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2013.html#all_misc_stats):. 89.5
2014 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2014.html#all_misc_stats):. 90.6
2015 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2015.html#all_misc_stats):. 94.4
2016 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2016.html#all_misc_stats):. 93.0

FINALS:

1991 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1991-nba-finals-lakers-vs-bulls.html):. 85.8
1992 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1992-nba-finals-trail-blazers-vs-bulls.html):. 92.3
1993 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1993-nba-finals-bulls-vs-suns.html):. 89.7
1996 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1996-nba-finals-supersonics-vs-bulls.html):. 83.5
1997 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1997-nba-finals-jazz-vs-bulls.html):. 84.0
1998 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1998-nba-finals-bulls-vs-jazz.html):. 82.0

2007 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2007-nba-finals-cavaliers-vs-spurs.html):. 82.8
2011 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2011-nba-finals-mavericks-vs-heat.html):. 85.5
2012 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2012-nba-finals-heat-vs-thunder.html):. 88.6
2013 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2013-nba-finals-spurs-vs-heat.html):. 88.1
2014 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2014-nba-finals-heat-vs-spurs.html):. 87.4
2015 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2015-nba-finals-cavaliers-vs-warriors.html):. 90.7
2016 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2015-nba-finals-cavaliers-vs-warriors.html):. 92.0

PER 100 POSSESSIONS

PLAYOFFS THRU 31 YEARS OLD

Jordan:I 43.9 pts..ii 8.5 reb.. 8.4 ast.. 4.2 tov.. 50.1 fg.. 58.1 ts.. 119 ortg.. 29.6 PER.. 3 rings.. 3 fmvp
Lebron:. 36.4 pts.. 11.5 reb.. 8.8 ast.. 4.6 tov.. 47.8 fg.. 56.7 ts.. 115 ortg.. 27.7 PER.. 3 rings.. 3 fmvp

PLAYOFFS CAREER (13 seasons each)

Jordan:I 43.3 pts..ii 8.3 reb.. 7.4 ast.. 4.0 tov.. 48.7 fg.. 56.8 ts.. 118 ortg.. 28.6 PER.. 6 rings.. 6 fmvp
Lebron:. 36.4 pts.. 11.5 reb.. 8.8 ast.. 4.6 tov.. 47.8 fg.. 56.7 ts.. 115 ortg.. 27.7 PER.. 3 rings.. 3 fmvp

Dragonyeuw
10-11-2016, 06:37 PM
Dynasty??

Winning B2B titles now deems that team a dynasty?

87 and 88 Lakers were a dynasty?
Hakeem's Rockets?
2009 and 10 Lakers?
2012 and 13 Heat?

Those teams are also considered dynasty's??

87- ECF
88- Finals
89- Champs
90- Champs
91- ECF

Yes, I would consider that kind of track record a dynasty. If you don't....good for you. Even if you didn't consider them a dynasty, their championship teams are still among the best ever. So my point stands..oh and the 87 and 88 Lakers? You mean the fcuking team that made the finals 9 out of 12 years with the same core, won 5, and basically were never * not in contention* through the 80s? Ummmmm......yes.

HenryGarfunkle
10-11-2016, 07:02 PM
I give up on this board...:facepalm I raise the white flag...
Good, we're all collectively tired of seeing your incoherent drunken rants filled with cringe and anger in literally every single thread.

You're not a funny guy. You're insanely annoying. Put the bottle down and go outside for once.

Dray n Klay
10-11-2016, 07:03 PM
Good, we're all collectively tired of seeing your incoherent drunken rants filled with cringe and anger in literally every single thread.

You're not a funny guy. You're insanely annoying. Put the bottle down and go outside for once.

:lol :roll:

That Smoke guy has serious issues

HenryGarfunkle
10-11-2016, 07:07 PM
:lol :roll:

That Smoke guy has serious issues
It's literally just 6 pages of him talking shit about other posters while at the same time complaining about the trolling and lack of basketball discussion. :facepalm

"Yo man, the basketball dicussion sucks herre! Holy ****ing god damn **** man **** 3 ball hes a ****ing idiot **** all these trolls **** dray n klay. BAN THE TROLLS ****" - Smoke 20 times in every thread

LostCause
10-11-2016, 07:15 PM
Officially broken.

My posts in this thread stand on their own, and there was no point made that I haven't already addressed

If you feel some type of way about me not subtly insulting a known troll, then that's your issue. I''m not losing sleep over it

That said, unlike DaHeezy you're not a retard by association. You have that distinction by your own merits

Lol, assume and logical don't go in the same sentence moron.
So your long winded post instantly becomes discredited.

Lol, are you serious fam? So what exactly is a logical assumption if they're mutually exclusive? I thought the steps taken to register to this site made it hard for some of you idiots to get here but clearly not :roll:

The bolded is probably the dumbest shit I've ever seen on this forum, and that's saying a lot

And you want to talk guilty by association. You're in the same breathe as 3ball and straight_ballin. Probably the 2 most pathetic posters on ISH. Let that sink in

That's nice, did you think of this concept yourself?

Typical. Can't articulate so he goes for personal attacks. Who's the troll? :facepalm

There's a difference between being unable to articulate and being unable to comprehend. I already showed in this post (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12628407&postcount=42) that you can't read or avoid misinterpreting my well-articulated points. So yeah, try again

Damn, you just exposed LostCause for his passive aggresive ad-hominem trolling :oldlol:

I don't see how it's passive aggressive at all. I was pretty clear and direct? If you feel some type of way about me clearly insulting you then I can refrain from it in the future.

Yal seem to like that "ad hominem" thing a lot. I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean what either of you think it means, but seeing as dude actually said "assume and logical don't go in the same sentence", I guess its to be expected, and yes, I am now insulting your collective intelligence

But if either of yal wanna actually refute what I said, my post is here
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12628407&postcount=42

DaHeezy
10-11-2016, 08:33 PM
So I guess LostCause is a lonely man who needs Internet validation too feel good about himself is a logical assumption since they are mutually exclusive? He posts like one so I'll assume it. Seems logical.

I bet this guy has been hitting refresh all day. Another assumption that seems logical. He's following the same self implosion that Straight_Ballin went through.
In fact I'll logically assume he is straight_ballin. It's a logical assumption. Therefor it's true

DaHeezy
10-11-2016, 08:39 PM
The guy is fuming.
I bet he's livid to the gills. He may be in suicidal mode. Textbook straight_ballin pattern. He's fuming in his response to me. Bet his comeback is weak AF :lol

LostCause
10-11-2016, 08:41 PM
So I guess LostCause is a lonely man who needs Internet validation too feel good about himself is a logical assumption since they are mutually exclusive? He posts like one so I'll assume it. Seems logical.

No, but DaHeezy's an idiot is a logical assumption. You used "mutually exclusive" wrong, by the way

I bet this guy has been hitting refresh all day. Another assumption that seems logical. He's following the same self implosion that Straight_Ballin went through.

Cringe...now you seem insecure. Swinging and missing, fam

In fact I'll logically assume he is straight_ballin. It's a logical assumption. Therefor it's true

This looks like an attempted strawman (http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Straw_man) to me, but what do I know

EDIT:
The guy is fuming.
I bet he's livid to the gills. He may be in suicidal mode. Textbook straight_ballin pattern. He's fuming in his response to me. Bet his comeback is weak AF

Lol. Still swinging and missing. Tell me how your last two posts don't look insecure as hell cuz I called you, and showed, that you were an idiot. Keep it going, fam. Projecting is srs business

NBAGOAT
10-11-2016, 08:54 PM
Lost and DaHeezy are actually both decent posters but this is what happens in a thread with Dray n Klay and 3ball :oldlol:

DaHeezy
10-11-2016, 09:01 PM
No, but DaHeezy's an idiot is a logical assumption. You used "mutually exclusive" wrong, by the way

Cringe...now you seem insecure. Swinging and missing, fam

This looks like an attempted strawman (http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Straw_man) to me, but what do I know

EDIT:

Lol. Still swinging and missing. Tell me how your last two posts don't look insecure as hell cuz I called you, and showed, that you were an idiot. Keep it going, fam. Projecting is srs business

Called it!
OMG, this guy is so easy to trigger. He's ready to self implode like an egg in a microwave.
Jordan can't shoot threes. He was mediocre then, so he'll be mediocre now. That's a logical assumption.

Now create another useless wall of text with more ad hominem.

DaHeezy
10-11-2016, 09:06 PM
Lost and DaHeezy are actually both decent posters but this is what happens in a thread with Dray n Klay and 3ball :oldlol:

Lost is decent? He's a Jordan Homer who goes ad hominem when you disagree about a point in regards to Jordan. They are toxic to this environment and always invite combat.
I initially disagreed and he went all passive aggressive obsessed stan. That's the worst type of poster. Which is why I think this guy is Straight_Ballin. EXACT same traits. And it was pretty unanimous the guy was a mental midget.

LostCause
10-11-2016, 09:12 PM
Called it!
OMG, this guy is so easy to trigger. He's ready to self implode like an egg in a microwave.

it's probably going completly over your head how childish you look right now, but also the sky is blue. What else is new, right?

Jordan can't shoot threes. He was mediocre then, so he'll be mediocre now. That's a logical assumption.

That actually IS a logical assumption, but didn't you say:
"assume and logical don't go in the same sentence moron" so now what? Did you realize how retarded you sounded?

Now create another useless wall of text with more ad hominem.

So should I lecture you on what ad hominem is or will you understand that my calling you an idiot and/or retarded is just a flat out insult and not a logical fallacy?

EDIT:

Lost is decent? He's a Jordan Homer who goes ad hominem when you disagree about a point in regards to Jordan. They are toxic to this environment and always invite combat.
I initially disagreed and he went all passive aggressive obsessed stan. That's the worst type of poster. Which is why I think this guy is Straight_Ballin. EXACT same traits. And it was pretty unanimous the guy was a mental midget.

You want a support group for all this venting you're doing, young lady?

NBAGOAT
10-11-2016, 09:25 PM

naw straight-ballin was a complete idiot and I'm positive Lost isn't him.. I've seen Lost in other threads defend or compliment Lebron. I've also seen him post in threads actually talking about the current NBA without bringing up Jordan or Lebron which is a 3ball/Straight_Ballin specialty. This whole thread is toxic(mostly because of DnK and 3ball) and has rubbed off on most people posting in this thread.

Btw on the Jordan 3pt thing, I think it be a bigger part of his game than it actually was but not by a lot. Besides a few years, it's a pretty much nonexistent part of his scoring. His midrange shooting is too good however for it to be nonexistent in today's game like Wade or Derozan. However, I seriously be surprised if he even became a better 3 pt shooter than Kobe who has around averages percentages but high volume which matters. By the same logic, it's not insane to think lebron would've been a better midrange shooter playing in the 80's or 90's but he's not going be even better than average most likely. I get where you're coming from however. Someone could easily argue with the same reasoning that someone like Malone could work on a 3pt shot in today's game and become 37-40% 3 pt shooter but tht's honestly kind of a ridiculous assumption.

3ball
10-11-2016, 09:33 PM
By the same logic, it's not insane to think lebron would've been a better midrange shooter playing in the 80's or 90's but he's not going be even better than average most likely.

The funny thing is that if you understood the game, you'd look at Lebron's horrible form and stone hands (not soft touch), and you'd KNOW that Lebron isn't capable of good midrange shooting in ANY era... Or good 3-point shooting - look how much this fool practices his 3-pointers, and he shot 30% last year and 33% for his career.. lol

Otoh, Jordan's shooting form is flawless - he had one of the best strokes of all time with feathery touch, so he had the CAPACITY to improve at 3-pointers.. I'm certain that if he played today and wanted to shoot 3-pointers, he would be one of the best 3-point shooters in the league.. Curry is the only guy that I'm certain would be a better 3-point shooter.

I get where you're coming from however. Someone could easily argue with the same reasoning that someone like Malone could work on a 3pt shot in today's game and become 37-40% 3 pt shooter but tht's honestly kind of a ridiculous assumption.

You're comparing a PF with horrible shooting form, to a SG who had one of the best forms and shooting strokes ever?

:whatever:

LostCause
10-11-2016, 09:40 PM
I'm certain that if he played today and wanted to shoot 3-pointers, he would be one of the best 3-point shooters in the league.. Curry is the only guy that I'm certain would be a better 3-point shooter.

This is most definiteley a stretch. I'd argue he'd be better than he was in the 80s/90s, but not great. Even then not by much. Probably like 34-35% instead of 32-33.

It's crazy to think he'd be better than Korver, Thompson, Lillard etc

SamuraiSWISH
10-11-2016, 09:44 PM
It's funny because Jordan wasn't a bad 3 point shooter. It wasn't the focal point of his game, but he was more than reliable enough to hit the shot if that was what the defenses was asking him to take.

NBAGOAT
10-11-2016, 09:51 PM
This is most definiteley a stretch. I'd argue he'd be better than he was in the 80s/90s, but not great. Even then not by much. Probably like 34-35% instead of 32-33.

agreed completely. Jstern also said in here that Jordan would shoot 40% from 3 who DaHeezy was actually responding too. I'm going assume he means on a decent volume and over his career and not just one fluke season. It's basically implying(and 3ball outright said it) that Jordan in this era is even a better outside shooter than guys like Durant and Dirk who both are around 38% for their careers. That just sounds like a ridiculous assumption.

You're comparing a PF with horrible shooting form, to a SG who had one of the best forms and shooting strokes ever?

:whatever:

when did Karl Malone have a horrible shooting form?? I disagree just from watching and I've never heard anyone say that. Also horrible shooting form or not, Malone was very good from midrange. His "bad shooting form" still worked very well for him.

3ball
10-11-2016, 09:57 PM

I said Curry is the only guy that I'm CERTAIN would be a better 3-point shooter.. Otoh, I'm not certain the guys you mentioned would be better than Jordan at all.

You have to understand how much a difference practicing 3-pointers FOR YOUR ENTIRE LIFE makes (Lillard, Korver, Klay), compared to never practicing them.

And i'll say it again - Jordan had superior form to all the guys you mentioned, and boss confidence to master such a skill like 3-point shooting.. He was already the goat midrange shooter - a BETTER midrange shooter than all the guys you mentioned, and even Curry.

3ball
10-11-2016, 10:01 PM
Probably like 34-35% instead of 32-33.

Let me get this straight - so NO practice gets him 33%, and tons and tons of practice (like today's player) gets him 1-2% more?

gtfo

Ibaka improved way more than that... so did bosh... getting good at 3-pointers isn't that hard if you have good form.

NBAGOAT
10-11-2016, 10:05 PM
I said Curry is the only guy that I'm CERTAIN would be a better 3-point shooter.. Otoh, I'm not certain the guys you mentioned would be better than Jordan at all.

You have to understand how much a difference practicing 3-pointers FOR YOUR ENTIRE LIFE makes (Lillard, Korver, Klay), compared to never practicing them.

And i'll say it again - Jordan had superior form to all the guys you mentioned, and boss confidence to master such a skill like 3-point shooting.. He was already the goat midrange shooter - a BETTER midrange shooter than all the guys you mentioned, and even Curry.

that's not even my post buddy :oldlol:. The guys I mentioned were Durant and Dirk. If you really want to criticize their shooting forms and look like an idiot, be my guest. In your next post your brought up Bosh but there are so many other stretch 4's who try adding the 3 to their game but don't get higher than 35%. It's not as easy as you're making it seem.

LostCause
10-11-2016, 10:07 PM

I don't see him working that hard at it

The league shooting more 3's would cause him to value the shot more so he'd work on it and add it into his game more than he did back then, but that's not the same as working on it to the point of being the best at it. I don't see Jordan focusing on it THAT much

34-35% is a safe assumption. Maybe with an efficinent offense with good spacing he can have a fluke season or two with higher percentages, but he wouldn't be a Kevin Durant or Steph Curry with 50/40/90 seasons. Those kinds of assumptions significantly discredit the greatness of every other player in the league

HenryGarfunkle
10-11-2016, 10:11 PM
Jordan's career is filled with coulda shoulda woulda's

Woulda won 8 straight... coulda been a great 3 point shooter.... shoulda saved his father

None of it happened though... so we're stuck with a guy who couldnt shoot and went 1-9 without Pippen/Phil

The Derozan comparison is spot-on. :confusedshrug:

LostCause
10-11-2016, 10:11 PM
Let me get this straight - so NO practice gets him 33%, and tons and tons of practice (like today's player) gets him 1-2% more?

gtfo

Ibaka improved way more than that... so did bosh... getting good at 3-pointers isn't that hard if you have good form.

Jordan may not have practiced 3's as much as other things but he certainly did improve at it during his career, so I'm sure he practiced it

LostCause
10-11-2016, 10:13 PM

Woulda won 8 straight... coulda been a great 3 point shooter.... shoulda saved his father

None of it happened though... so we're stuck with a guy who couldnt shoot and went 1-9 without Pippen/Phil

You're stuck with the pretty unanimous GOAT, who's "what ifs" would've only enhanced his legacy

The fact you're trying to downplay that is hilarious and stupid :roll:

HenryGarfunkle
10-11-2016, 10:13 PM

gtfo

Relentless practice got Jordan a .200 batting average in the minors and a swift boot from baseball forever

Crawled back to basketball and choked against a Magic team that got swept in the finals :facepalm

SamuraiSWISH
10-11-2016, 10:15 PM
Relentless practice got Jordan a .200 batting average in the minors and a swift boot from baseball forever
Actually watch the 30 for 30, he was starting to develop quite nicely. Per actual scouts.

Dray n Klay
10-11-2016, 10:16 PM

OMG i'm in tears :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:(

HenryGarfunkle
10-11-2016, 10:17 PM
You're stuck with the pretty unanimous GOAT, who's "what ifs" would've only enhanced his legacy

The fact you're trying to downplay that is hilarious and stupid :roll:
What if LeBron came back down 3-1 in the finals against a 73-win team and led ALL players in EVERY statistical category?

Oh

That actually happened. And it's the only argument I need Shaun.

HenryGarfunkle
10-11-2016, 10:19 PM
Actually watch the 30 for 30, he was starting to develop quite nicely. Per actual scouts.
I did, he was striking out left and right and making constant errors in the out-field

He embarrassed the sport and stole a roster spot from a more deserving player. True scumbag

fourkicks44
10-11-2016, 10:36 PM
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/768xq90/923/LKjX9U.png

3ball
10-11-2016, 10:42 PM

Jordan's 36/7/8 in 91-93' Finals is superior to Lebron's 30/11/9 because Jordan scored 15 ppg more than his 2nd option, compared to 2 ppg for Lebron, so Jordan faced greater defensive attention.

Also, Lebron needed a 7th game because he only averaged 24 ppg and 6 TO's thru 4 games, before averaging 36 ppg and 3 TO in the last 3 games to BARELY win the series.

But obviously, if he'd averaged 36 ppg and 3 TO for the ENTIRE series like Jordan did in 91-93' Finals, he wouldn't need a 7th game and would've had a bigger margin of victory..

Essentially, Lebron turned into 91-93' Jordan to win the series.. Keep in mind that Jordan's 47/10/6 in Games 2-4 for 1993 Finals is far superior to any 3 game stretch Lebron's ever had.. :confusedshrug:

Dray n Klay
10-11-2016, 10:43 PM
3ball, adjust your stats for pace

3ball
10-11-2016, 10:48 PM

As the stats show below, pace was LOWER for Jordan's 1991-1993 Finals (88) than Lebron's 2016 Finals (92), so Jordan's 36/7/8 from those Finals is magnified versus Lebron's 30/11/9 from 2016 Finals.

Pace was the same in the playoffs and Finals for MJ and Lebron's championship runs:

PLAYOFFS: (each year is link to bballref data)

1991 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1991.html#misc::none):. 93.3
1992 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1992.html#misc::none):. 91.7
1993 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1993.html#misc::none):. 90.8
1996 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1996.html#misc::none):. 87.1
1997 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1997.html#misc::none):. 87.2
1998 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1998.html#misc::none):. 85.9

2007 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2007.html#misc::none):. 89.5
2011 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2011.html#misc::none):. 87.8
2012 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2012.html#misc::none):. 89.0
2013 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2013.html#misc::none):. 89.5
2014 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2014.html#misc::none):. 90.6
2015 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2015.html#misc::none):. 94.4
2016 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2016.html#misc::none):. 93.0

FINALS:

1991 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1991-nba-finals-lakers-vs-bulls.html):. 85.8
1992 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1992-nba-finals-trail-blazers-vs-bulls.html):. 92.3
1993 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1993-nba-finals-bulls-vs-suns.html):. 89.7
1996 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1996-nba-finals-supersonics-vs-bulls.html):. 83.5
1997 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1997-nba-finals-jazz-vs-bulls.html):. 84.0
1998 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1998-nba-finals-bulls-vs-jazz.html):. 82.0

2007 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2007-nba-finals-cavaliers-vs-spurs.html):. 82.8
2011 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2011-nba-finals-mavericks-vs-heat.html):. 85.5
2012 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2012-nba-finals-heat-vs-thunder.html):. 88.6
2013 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2013-nba-finals-spurs-vs-heat.html):. 88.1
2014 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2014-nba-finals-heat-vs-spurs.html):. 87.4
2015 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2015-nba-finals-cavaliers-vs-warriors.html):. 90.7
2016 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2015-nba-finals-cavaliers-vs-warriors.html):. 92.0

PER 100 POSSESSIONS

PLAYOFFS THRU 31 YEARS OLD

Jordan:I 43.9 pts..ii 8.5 reb.. 8.4 ast.. 4.2 tov.. 50.1 fg.. 58.1 ts.. 119 ortg.. 29.6 PER.. 3 rings.. 3 fmvp

PLAYOFFS CAREER (13 seasons each)

Jordan:I 43.3 pts..ii 8.3 reb.. 7.4 ast.. 4.0 tov.. 48.7 fg.. 56.8 ts.. 118 ortg.. 28.6 PER.. 6 rings.. 6 fmvp

3ball
10-11-2016, 11:02 PM

Jordan's 36/7/8 in 91-93' Finals is superior to Lebron's 30/11/9 because Jordan scored 15 ppg more than his 2nd option, compared to 2 ppg for Lebron, so Jordan faced greater defensive attention.

Also, Lebron needed a 7th game because he only averaged 24 ppg and 6 TO's thru 4 games, before averaging 36 ppg and 3 TO in the last 3 games to BARELY win the series.

But obviously, if he'd averaged 36 ppg and 3 TO for the ENTIRE series like Jordan did in 91-93' Finals, he wouldn't need a 7th game and would've had a bigger margin of victory.

Essentially, Lebron turned into 91-93' Jordan to win the series.. Keep in mind that Jordan's 47/10/6 in Games 2-4 for 1993 Finals is far superior to any 3 game stretch Lebron's ever had.. :confusedshrug:

3ball
10-11-2016, 11:14 PM
I don't see him working that hard at it

The league shooting more 3's would cause him to value the shot more so he'd work on it and add it into his game more than he did back then, but that's not the same as working on it to the point of being the best at it. I don't see Jordan focusing on it THAT much

Good point..

He might not work on it THAT hard because he wouldn't need to shoot 45% from 3-point range to be the best player in the league.

This is especially true considering he could get the shots that he liked (at-rim, midrange) far easier in today's game because the middle of the floor is usually wide open due to TEAMMATES shooting 3-pointers.

34-35% is a safe assumption. Maybe with an efficinent offense with good spacing he can have a fluke season or two with higher percentages, but he wouldn't be a Kevin Durant or Steph Curry with 50/40/90 seasons.

Jordan had 3.0 attempts in 1990 and shot 37.6%... In 1993, he had 2.9 attempts and shot 35.2%.

Those were the only times he had anywhere near 3 attempts (1.5 was his next highest after that)..

Based on these stats that he achieved with no practice, I know he would do better than you think he would with just a little more practice and focus on the shot - especially seeing EVERYONE ELSE around the league launching away.. The only reason he wouldn't be 50/40/90 is because he's a 85% FT shooter.

Those kinds of assumptions significantly discredit the greatness of every other player in the league

No it doesn't... :facepalm .... Wow..

It would be a discredit to those guys to say that Karl Malone or someone like that could shoot 40% from 3-point range.. But not Jordan, who already shot 38% before from the regular line (3.0 attempts), never practiced the shot, and who was the goat midrange shooter with flawless form.

Jordan was just that good... It's too bad you guys can't see that, even though the results speak for themselves..

You guys really do think he got partially lucky going 6/6, even though no all-time great led their team in scoring for every playoff series of their career, let alone by a margin of 15 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406920) ppg like Jordan did, or while leading his team in assists most playoff runs and being the best defender ever at his positon.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-11-2016, 11:17 PM
At the peak of his powers, or at least in his prime, MJ was an adequate 3PT shooter. In the postseason especially when it mattered.

Why are people in here acting like dude was Wade from three when CLEARLY he was the better shooter? Mike would adjust fine. Think of Wade at his best, but again, a better shooter and man defender. A hybrid of Wade and Kobe basically.

3ball
10-11-2016, 11:22 PM
Wade's best 3-point shooting season (2009):

31.7% on 3.1 attempts

Jordan's best 3-point shooting season (1990):

37.6% on 3.0 attempts

Jordan also had another season where he shot 35.2 on 2.9 attempts (1993) - these were the only 2 seasons where he took more than 1.5 threes per game from the regular line - essentially, anytime he took anywhere NEAR 3 attempts, he shot pretty well (he was smart).

Remember, Jordan never practiced the shot and played in an era where the shot wasn't used.. Otoh, Wade practices the shot because EVERYONE does nowadays, yet the best he can muster is 31.7%... Now THAT'S the kind of guy that could never be a good 3-point shooter.. Not surprisingly, Wade's form is BROKE as ****.. :confusedshrug:

aj1987
10-12-2016, 07:51 AM
Ordan sucks and is a terrible 3pt shooter.
Agreed. :cheers:

Papaya Petee
10-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Wade's best 3-point shooting season (2009):

31.7% on 3.1 attempts

Jordan's best 3-point shooting season (1990):

37.6% on 3.0 attempts

Jordan also had another season where he shot 35.2 on 2.9 attempts (1993) - these were the only 2 seasons where he took more than 1.5 threes per game from the regular line - essentially, anytime he took anywhere NEAR 3 attempts, he shot pretty well (he was smart).

Remember, Jordan never practiced the shot and played in an era where the shot wasn't used.. Otoh, Wade practices the shot because EVERYONE does nowadays, yet the best he can muster is 31.7%... Now THAT'S the kind of guy that could never be a good 3-point shooter.. Not surprisingly, Wade's form is BROKE as ****.. :confusedshrug:
Yep, because 3ball out of ALL of us has spend time in the gym during the season with Jordan and Wade for their entire careers and measured how much time they each put into their 3 point shots.

You are a special kind of retard. Stop. Posting.

greatest-ever
10-12-2016, 07:02 PM
Obvious troll thread. But i'd just like to say with regards to prime Wade today, imagine a smarter, better finishing, better defending but worse playmaking version of Westbrook.

Dro
10-13-2016, 05:30 PM
The only problem I have (and I kinda agree with the other dude) is that Jordan stans act like he could've been the GOAT at literally every aspect of basketball, if he "worked on it". They are try to create the narrative that Pip wouldn't have existed without Jordan.

Those dudes are on par with Ilt stans. I guess we'll see LeBron stans spouting the same retarded shit in the future (it kinda did already start).
Nah I feel you, and I understand. That can get annoying.

j3lademaster
10-13-2016, 05:39 PM
Two Shooting Guards who couldn't shoot worth a lick in today's league where having 3 point shooters is a premium.

The best SG's today have great shooting ability like Klay Thompson, Harden, Eric Gordon.

Would Jordan/Wade be able to adapt, or would they be unable to find a roster spot in today's spaced-out league? :confusedshrug:I get you're insecure about MJ being a Bran stan, but what's your deal with Wade?

GrapeApe
10-13-2016, 06:14 PM
I get you're insecure about MJ being a Bran stan, but what's your deal with Wade?

In his mind, trashing Wade (or any teammate of Lebron) makes Lebron somehow look better, even though no intelligent basketball fan thinks that way.

I've never understood that logic. Throughout history there's been NUMEROUS great players who were teammates, e.g. Kareem and Magic, Jordan and Pippen, Kobe and Shaq, Lebron and Wade, etc......... Playing with another great player doesn't make you any less great.

Dray n Klay
10-13-2016, 06:17 PM
In his mind, trashing Wade (or any teammate of Lebron) makes Lebron somehow look better, even though no intelligent basketball fan thinks that way.

I've never understood that logic. Throughout history there's been NUMEROUS great players who were teammates, e.g. Kareem and Magic, Jordan and Pippen, Kobe and Shaq, Lebron and Wade, etc......... Playing with another great player doesn't make you any less great.

Was Wade great in 2013 and 2014??

How many players won with a worse second option that 2013 Wade? 15.9 ppg on 45% the entire playoffs

How bad was Wade in the 2014 Finals?

Wade was FAR from being a great teammate

Father Prime
10-13-2016, 06:20 PM
Keep it real. That one dude said it best. If Derozan can put up 24/4/5, MJ would 1.5x those numbers and Wade would do 1.3x in this weak era. Wade averaged 22/5/4 at age 33 two years ago.

Dro
10-13-2016, 06:43 PM
There is no keeping it real in this thread, its an obvious troll thread where any decent point (there weren't many) has been refuted with stats, logic, comprehensive and well thought out posts in many cases and these dudes come back with, "zomg, this guys so mad, I bet he's fuming".

That's ish for you, a guy refutes your points, and you tell him he must be mad to draw attention away from the fact that you can't make a decent rebuttal. I thought Lost Cause made a good case and his posts are very eloquently typed out, whether you agree or disagree. Then you remind yourself he's arguing with da heezy and dray and realize, again, what is the point? Don't waste your time.

Dragonyeuw
10-14-2016, 07:31 AM
Was Wade great in 2013 and 2014??

How many players won with a worse second option that 2013 Wade? 15.9 ppg on 45% the entire playoffs

If you just want to look at stats without context, Pippen's 2nd threepeat stats won't knock anyone's socks off. He still supplied leadership and amazing defense. What was Hakeem's second option in 1994? Duncan's in 2003? Dirk's in 2011?

DaHeezy
10-14-2016, 01:02 PM
There is no keeping it real in this thread, its an obvious troll thread where any decent point (there weren't many) has been refuted with stats, logic, comprehensive and well thought out posts in many cases and these dudes come back with, "zomg, this guys so mad, I bet he's fuming".

That's ish for you, a guy refutes your points, and you tell him he must be mad to draw attention away from the fact that you can't make a decent rebuttal. I thought Lost Cause made a good case and his posts are very eloquently typed out, whether you agree or disagree. Then you remind yourself he's arguing with da heezy and dray and realize, again, what is the point? Don't waste your time.

The problem is Jordan stans hate to be refuted. I came into this thread pointing out Jordan was not a superior 3 point shooter, and most likely would translate the same way in today's game. I didn't insult anyone. That was just my perspective. In comes your boy LostCause accusing me of colluding and trolling with the OP. You want to point fingers yet you give a free pass to people you agree with. LostCause starting acting like a passive aggressive teenager so I just pushed the buttons and exposed him for acting senseless.

Funny, I'm a troll for posting my opinion. Read back. I was attacked first. But it's OK because the guy attacking me is a Jordan stan.

What you Jordan stans are so clueless about is that OP can easily push all your buttons. It's entertaining to the masses. He challenges you with critical thinking yet because it's refuting Jordan it's a troll thread. Lol, do you see why Jordan stans get such a bad rep? Me posting this means I'm a troll right?
Watch LostCause with his lame passive aggressive attempt to try an beat me. He's probably fuming I got a post in after his. I bet he gets an anxiety attack if he doesn't have the last word. :lol

Dragonyeuw
10-14-2016, 01:49 PM
The problem is Jordan stans hate to be refuted. I came into this thread pointing out Jordan was not a superior 3 point shooter, and most likely would translate the same way in today's game.

Let's discuss this critically then. Exactly why wouldn't Jordan be a better 3 point shooter in today's game, if he worked on it more to adapt to how the game is played today? Precisely, how do you draw this conclusion? Because Jordan became a much better overall shooter from his rookie years to his championship years. You can even look at his form, from 85 to 88 or so, then from 89 onwards. Completely different. By 97 he was close to 50% from midrange on twice the volume of someone like Durant who's considered a superior midrange shooter in today's era. That's the level of shooter MJ evolved into. As a playoff 3point shooter, he shot 39% on nearly 4 a game in 93,37% on 3 a game in 95 coming out of retirement,and 40% on 3 a game in 96( admittedly at the shorter line) So by his championship prime, he had demonstrated that his percentages didn't suffer as his shot attempts incrementally increased. You can look at his 91, 92 and 93 playoff stats and see that his percentages stayed in the 38% range even as his volume doubled.

So why would you assume he wouldn't be a solid 3 point shooter today if he worked on it? He's probably likely to be an even better 3point shooter, because defenders will have to respect his driving abilities so much the way the perimeter is officiated today, which is going to leave him with space to get off a number of uncontested 3's. With someone of MJ's IQ, you don't think he'll capitalize on how the rules are nowadays and make the 3 a more featured weapon?

LostCause
10-14-2016, 02:05 PM
LostCause starting acting like a passive aggressive teenager so I just pushed the buttons and exposed him for acting senseless....

...Watch LostCause with his lame passive aggressive attempt to try an beat me. He's probably fuming I got a post in after his. I bet he gets an anxiety attack if he doesn't have the last word. :lol

Last post to shorty
http://image.prntscr.com/image/fa2831f0c2be4a5da87cdf08e1f560bb.png

3 days later she's still feeling some type of way and passive-aggressively calling someone else passive-aggressive. Worried I'm going to "beat you", lol. Relax, fam. Go ahead, fill this out and I'll get back to you
http://i.imgur.com/q2xdtOv.jpg

ClipperRevival
10-14-2016, 02:18 PM
Don't know if this has been posted because I didn't want to go through all the garbage but here's what HC of the Bulls Fred Hoiberg said:

"As great as James is, Hoiberg knows that if Jordan played in today's game, with today's rules, he would dominate more than ever.

"The thing I've always said about Jordan, if he would have played in today's era with the handcheck rule the way it is, he would have shot over 20 free throws every night," Hoiberg said. "He was impossible to stay in front of. But when Jordan played, you could hold guys, you could grab them, you could be more physical with them. In my opinion, Michael Jordan is the best ever to put on a uniform. There's really no debate. I think if you ask most people, [they would] give you that same answer."

DaHeezy
10-14-2016, 02:18 PM
Last post to shorty
http://image.prntscr.com/image/fa2831f0c2be4a5da87cdf08e1f560bb.png

3 days later she's still feeling some type of way and passive-aggressively calling someone else passive-aggressive. Worried I'm going to "beat you", lol. Relax, fam. Go ahead, fill this out and I'll get back to you
http://i.imgur.com/q2xdtOv.jpg

See what I mean? Lol . I called it again. If you want to point out a troll this exactly what trolling is. This bitch can't let it go. When you catch a troll you might as well play with it. I'll keep responding just to show trolls don't give up. It's hilarious to watch this guy squirm trying to get the last word in :lol

I'll even predict what he says. He'll try and counter by pointing out that I an doing what I'm accusing him of. Then he'll call me a girl. The fact that I said that will prompt him further to call me a girl. Just watch.....

DaHeezy
10-14-2016, 02:21 PM
Let's discuss this critically then. Exactly why wouldn't Jordan be a better 3 point shooter in today's game, if he worked on it more to adapt to how the game is played today? Precisely, how do you draw this conclusion? Because Jordan became a much better overall shooter from his rookie years to his championship years. You can even look at his form, from 85 to 88 or so, then from 89 onwards. Completely different. By 97 he was close to 50% from midrange on twice the volume of someone like Durant who's considered a superior midrange shooter in today's era. That's the level of shooter MJ evolved into. As a playoff 3point shooter, he shot 39% on nearly 4 a game in 93,37% on 3 a game in 95 coming out of retirement,and 40% on 3 a game in 96( admittedly at the shorter line) So by his championship prime, he had demonstrated that his percentages didn't suffer as his shot attempts incrementally increased. You can look at his 91, 92 and 93 playoff stats and see that his percentages stayed in the 38% range even as his volume doubled.

So why would you assume he wouldn't be a solid 3 point shooter today if he worked on it? He's probably likely to be an even better 3point shooter, because defenders will have to respect his driving abilities so much the way the perimeter is officiated today, which is going to leave him with space to get off a number of uncontested 3's. With someone of MJ's IQ, you don't think he'll capitalize on how the rules are nowadays and make the 3 a more featured weapon?

Tell your boy LostCause to **** off and I'll gladly articulate with you. Until then I'll just say what you posted is speculation based on assumptions due to your Fandom. Again, if you you more out of me tell your boy to focus on the thread and not have his head up my ass.

Dragonyeuw
10-14-2016, 02:54 PM
Tell your boy LostCause to **** off and I'll gladly articulate with you. Until then I'll just say what you posted is speculation based on assumptions due to your Fandom. Again, if you you more out of me tell your boy to focus on the thread and not have his head up my ass.

I'm speaking with you directly. So to your point, what is your position on his 3 point shooting if not your own speculation? I've seen your posts to know you don't care much for MJ. That's fine. But neither one of us can sit here and say our positions aren't partially guided by our like/dislike for the player in question. But I'm asking you to look past that and respond to my argument. MJ in his championship prime posted 38% shooting numbers on 3 shots a game. That is more than respectable accuracy and volume for a player who did not practice the 3point shot like players do nowadays, in an era where the 3point shot was in its relative infancy. There's no reason to think that focusing more on the 3 in this era wouldn't result in more consistent year to year numbers. What I'm talking about isn't assumption based on stanning, but taking the available evidence and drawing conclusions via extrapolation. But you know what, the entire argument of 'what would this player do in this era' is silly to begin with. Players do develop different skillsets,coupled with innate talents and abilities to be successful in their era. Players are influenced by those before them. You can take someone like Steph Curry and say 'this guy would destroy the NBA back in 1990!' But you know what, Curry's not going to be THIS player back then. His handles will be in keeping with the great ballhandlers of the time, the Tim Hardways, the KJs, the Isiahs, without the and-1 influence of the last 20 years. MJ's not going to be THAT player either aesthetically. His handles would probably be more 'modern' like young Kobe, Wade, or the other SGs of that nature the past 15-20 years. His jumpshot again, taking into account innate natural ability, is going to be honed in a way that takes advantage of modern rules. If it's more advantageous to shoot more 3s today......yep. He may very well decide to make that a bigger part of his game.

Please respond to that, and not respond with 'well that's just your fanboyism talking'. That's a BS non-reply. Address my points with some degree of respect and articulation as I've presented myself to you. What you and lost cause have going on is none of my concern and I'm not intervening in your little feud. Now, let's talk constructively.

LostCause
10-14-2016, 03:23 PM

Pretty much. Dude's are so insecure and projecting hard

Honestly just gonna leave this thread alone, the premise is dumb anyway

DaHeezy
10-14-2016, 03:23 PM
I'm speaking with you directly. So to your point, what is your position on his 3 point shooting if not your own speculation? I've seen your posts to know you don't care much for MJ. That's fine. But neither one of us can sit here and say our positions aren't partially guided by our like/dislike for the player in question. But I'm asking you to look past that and respond to my argument. MJ in his championship prime posted 38% shooting numbers on 3 shots a game. That is more than respectable accuracy and volume for a player who did not practice the 3point shot like players do nowadays, in an era where the 3point shot was in its relative infancy. There's no reason to think that focusing more on the 3 in this era wouldn't result in more consistent year to year numbers. What I'm talking about isn't assumption based on stanning, but taking the available evidence and drawing conclusions via extrapolation. But you know what, the entire argument of 'what would this player do in this era' is silly to begin with. Players do develop different skillsets,coupled with innate talents and abilities to be successful in their era. Players are influenced by those before them. You can take someone like Steph Curry and say 'this guy would destroy the NBA back in 1990!' But you know what, Curry's not going to be THIS player back then. His handles will be in keeping with the great ballhandlers of the time, the Tim Hardways, the KJs, the Isiahs, without the and-1 influence of the last 20 years. MJ's not going to be THAT player either aesthetically. His handles would probably be more 'modern' like young Kobe, Wade, or the other SGs of that nature the past 15-20 years. His jumpshot again, taking into account innate natural ability, is going to be honed in a way that takes advantage of modern rules. If it's more advantageous to shoot more 3s today......yep. He may very well decide to make that a bigger part of his game.

Please respond to that, and not respond with 'well that's just your fanboyism talking'. That's a BS non-reply. Address my points with some degree of respect and articulation as I've presented myself to you. What you and lost cause have going on is none of my concern and I'm not intervening in your little feud. Now, let's talk constructively.

Ok I'll bite a little. First off you're insulted by my use of the word Fandom. I'm not using it in a context where it is an insult. It's because the rules of the Jordan stans opinions only apply to Jordan and no other player. If Jordan stans could be more bias then I wouldn't call it Fandom. Would these same rules apply with Kobe? Lebron? If the sample sizes were the exact same the argument still comes off different. Not trying to be mean but I don't see you as any different in the subject matter. But if I'm wrong I will carry on.

Dragonyeuw
10-14-2016, 03:33 PM
Ok I'll bite a little. First off you're insulted by my use of the word Fandom. I'm not using it in a context where it is an insult. It's because the rules of the Jordan stans opinions only apply to Jordan and no other player. If Jordan stans could be more bias then I wouldn't call it Fandom. Would these same rules apply with Kobe? Lebron? If the sample sizes were the exact same the argument still comes off different. Not trying to be mean but I don't see you as any different in the subject matter. But if I'm wrong I will carry on.

I'm not insulted. I just think we're too quick to think that people are so guided by their preferences that they can't construct an objective argument. I mean shit, didn't you all have to do this in school at some point? Are their some trolls on here that are biased as hell and lack all objectivity? Yes, and the few sane among us call them out accordingly. But as far as my opinion goes, I think I've at least presented rational arguments, so if you see me in the same light as those who you perceive as blind trolls or stans, I can't help that. If every conversation is going to devolve into 'I don't care about your opinion because you like the player you're arguing for'......well not much point to talking about anything, is there? Any of us can shut down a decent discussion by accusing the other person of subjectivity. You've convinced yourself of your argument and probably wouldn't be open to any counter-points regardless of how well-thought out it may be.

DaHeezy
10-14-2016, 03:44 PM
I'm not insulted. I just think we're too quick to think that people are so guided by their preferences that they can't construct an objective argument. I mean shit, didn't you all have to do this in school at some point? Are their some trolls on here that are biased as hell and lack all objectivity? Yes, and the few sane among us call them out accordingly. But as far as my opinion goes, I think I've at least presented rational arguments, so if you see me in the same light as those who you perceive as blind trolls or stans, I can't help that. If every conversation is going to devolve into 'I don't care about your opinion because you like the player you're arguing for'......well not much point to talking about anything, is there? Any of us can shut down a decent discussion by accusing the other person of subjectivity. You've convinced yourself of your argument and probably wouldn't be open to any counter-points regardless of how well-thought out it may be.

I have on many occasions. But just like in this thread I shared an opinion and you get the ones who automatically refute it because it's Jordan then resort to saying mine is a troll opinion.

So if you think you're any different, could you give players like LeBron and Kobe credit if the sample size is the same? If there was an aspect where those 2 players were clearly dominant over Jordan could you admit it? That's the ultimate test for me.

If you want me to discuss further then answer this objectively, who is the better 3 point shooter, Kobe or Jordan? Who is the better passer LeBron or Jordan?

Pass that and I will articulate your OP

DaHeezy
10-14-2016, 03:55 PM
Pretty much. Dude's are so insecure and projecting hard

Honestly just gonna leave this thread alone, the premise is dumb anyway
Lol, insecure? You don't get it. You're too easy to rile up. That's why you're a target. I'm pushing your buttons controlling you like a puppet. You think anyone is paying attention to your wack "eloquent" responses? Lol. You clearly thought this was a troll thread yet you keep posting in it. D+K put on a stage and you're the show and he's winning because of it. You responding more shows you are in fact insecure. :lol

NBAGOAT
10-14-2016, 04:03 PM
I have on many occasions. But just like in this thread I shared an opinion and you get the ones who automatically refute it because it's Jordan then resort to saying mine is a troll opinion.

So if you think you're any different, could you give players like LeBron and Kobe credit if the sample size is the same? If there was an aspect where those 2 players were clearly dominant over Jordan could you admit it? That's the ultimate test for me.

If you want me to discuss further then answer this objectively, who is the better 3 point shooter, Kobe or Jordan? Who is the better passer LeBron or Jordan?

props man. You may be attacking them a little too much but there's definitely some truth to what you said. Jordan guys(even the good ones) hate to be refuted and always respond to any criticism of Jordan. It's two different things to be the greatest player of all time and be a perfect player. No one is the 2nd. Kobe's obviously a better 3pt shooter and Lebron's a better passer whether you look at stats or eye test. Jordan's not even top 10 in either category all time and it's pretty clear, that doesn't mean he's not the GOAT. Fans in other sports don't do this as much. No Rice fan cares if you say Randy Moss is a better deep threat than Rice.

Dragonyeuw
10-14-2016, 04:03 PM
I have on many occasions. But just like in this thread I shared an opinion and you get the ones who automatically refute it because it's Jordan then resort to say I g mine is a troll opinion.

You're basically trying to validate my opinion based on whether it meshes with yours. I'm sure you think Kobe is a better 3point shooter, and Lebron is a better passer. If I say anything contradicting that, then as far as you're concerned I'm a stan and my opinion is invalid. I'm not playing that game, or going down that road. Those are worn-out debates that have been argued ad nauseum. The topic of MJ being a good 3point shooter in this era has no relevance to what you're asking.

I'll say this, I don't have to like or dislike a player to make what I feel is a fair opinion on them. And, I give both Kobe and Lebron credit when its due. I'm not one of those people who thinks that being a fan of MJ, Kobe, and Lebron have to be mutually exclusive concepts. I don't feel threatened by either player. Anyone who likes the game more than stanning a player shouldn't. This may short circuit your brain cells, but I like all 3 players. I don't need to tear any of them down to prop the other, unless someone makes blatantly stupid trolling posts like a Dray and Klay and his 100 alts and you need some sense to counteract it.

DaHeezy
10-14-2016, 04:26 PM
props man. You may be attacking them a little too much but there's definitely some truth to what you said. Jordan guys(even the good ones) hate to be refuted and always respond to any criticism of Jordan. It's two different things to be the greatest player of all time and be a perfect player. No one is the 2nd. Kobe's obviously a better 3pt shooter and Lebron's a better passer whether you look at stats or eye test. Jordan's not even top 10 in either category all time and it's pretty clear, that doesn't mean he's not the GOAT. Fans in other sports don't do this as much. No Rice fan cares if you say Randy Moss is a better deep threat than Rice.

Thanks man. Me attacking is really only a result of posters who attack me first. As you can see I can be rational and civil if people chose to be with me.

But you illustrated my point perfectly. You can't touch Jordan without the stans getting into a hissyfit. Him more than an other player. You can't refute him even if you believe he is the greatest. This is why there is no such thing s a rational debate with Jordaneers. There are good Jordan fans, but far and few between.

ISH needs more posters like you NBAGOAT. At least you can be diplomatic.

LostCause
10-14-2016, 04:27 PM
DaHeezy, this is ridiculous

You're starting to act like a scorned ex or battered woman. Not trying to disparage you, just being real. Stop thirsting for attention, it looks bad. Today alone you:

-Brought me up extensively in a post to someone else. 3 days after I last replied
-Started projecting, claiming to "predict" what I'd do in the hopes no one notices you're the one actually doing it
-Tells Dragon to tell me to leave you alone or you won't respond to him (Hilarious, btw)
-You quote me again while I'm talking to someone else, clearly wanting more attention despite wanting to be left alone

Who exactly do you think you're fooling? It's clear you're the one pressed about whether I give a damn? You're an adult, right? I honestly don't care what you say about me, but you're acting like a little bitch, and I'd like to think that's not your intention

Just move on. Cool? Cool :cheers:

I don't know why this argument is so difficult

It's literally just a matter of adjusting to the era. Just like in my posts to 3-ball I mentioned that Jordan playing today may focus more on his 3 but that will in turn mean he won't see the need to be as great a mid-range shooter as he was. People excel/adjust to whats most effective for them

DaHeezy
10-14-2016, 04:29 PM
You're basically trying to validate my opinion based on whether it meshes with yours. I'm sure you think Kobe is a better 3point shooter, and Lebron is a better passer. If I say anything contradicting that, then as far as you're concerned I'm a stan and my opinion is invalid. I'm not playing that game, or going down that road. Those are worn-out debates that have been argued ad nauseum. The topic of MJ being a good 3point shooter in this era has no relevance to what you're asking.

I'll say this, I don't have to like or dislike a player to make what I feel is a fair opinion on them. And, I give both Kobe and Lebron credit when its due. I'm not one of those people who thinks that being a fan of MJ, Kobe, and Lebron have to be mutually exclusive concepts. I don't feel threatened by either player. Anyone who likes the game more than stanning a player shouldn't. This may short circuit your brain cells, but I like all 3 players. I don't need to tear any of them down to prop the other, unless someone makes blatantly stupid trolling posts like a Dray and Klay and his 100 alts and you need some sense to counteract it.

Well then you've validated my point. I presented to cases in which the majority of people would say the latter (Kobe and Lebron in their perspective scenarios)
You could have at least been objective in one, if not both. But you're clearly bias. Otherwise you could have just answered outright and not been offended by the question or use it to second guess me.

Dragonyeuw
10-14-2016, 05:54 PM
Well then you've validated my point. I presented to cases in which the majority of people would say the latter (Kobe and Lebron in their perspective scenarios)
You could have at least been objective in one, if not both. But you're clearly bias. Otherwise you could have just answered outright and not been offended by the question or use it to second guess me.

You've yet to actually address my points from earlier. So you arent interested in discussion. You're interested in another dance partner for you to argue incessantly with. I didnt make any position whatsoever regarding your questions, and I don't need to pass some ****ing test as to whether I can be objective. Get over yourself. I made no position on your questions, but you take my non willingness to engage in boring ass questions that have debated forever on here, as some kind of proof that I am bias, which only shows how shallow your thinking is. You can stop pretending like you were ever interested in answering my first post in a way that doesnt reveal your own bias.

I came to you with what I feel was fairly articulated post. You automatically came to conclude that I was 'one of the others' and threw in some questions to confirm the conclusion you were hellbent on wanting it to be. It frankly doesnt matter what my bias' are. You have them as well. I dont confirm someones bias before entering into discussion with them. Its either you can address my argument as I presented, or use the methods you're employing not to address it objectively because you frankly arent interested in doing so, are trying to come off as if Im the one preventing rational discussion because I choose not to answer your unrelated questions, and ignorant to how transparent it is.

NBAGOAT
10-14-2016, 06:43 PM

since neither of you are willing to just give in, i'l pick up the discussion. 1st the difference between solid and mediocre is not big. i think assuming he could shoot 33-35% is reasonable for both sides. He would use the 3 more but he's not becoming a durant or dirk type outside shooter. the RS 3pt stats which are worse are absolutely important too since they're a bigger sample size and pre 91 playoffs and 97,98 matter too. i get the form argument but other guys have changed form and had great shooting years. it doesn't make them great shooters overall. you could argue he was just a better shooter in 93 so tht's why he maintained his percentages(rs stats support this too). such a low volume could mean he was relying on mostly catch and shoots. people don't even value kawhi as a shooter highly because of that even though he takes 4 a game. finally keep in mind most high volume scorers who shoot 3's well take a lot of contested ones off the dribble. Definitely more than in jordan's day

DaHeezy
10-15-2016, 05:05 PM
DaHeezy, this is ridiculous

You're starting to act like a scorned ex or battered woman. Not trying to disparage you, just being real. Stop thirsting for attention, it looks bad. Today alone you:

-Brought me up extensively in a post to someone else. 3 days after I last replied
-Started projecting, claiming to "predict" what I'd do in the hopes no one notices you're the one actually doing it
-Tells Dragon to tell me to leave you alone or you won't respond to him (Hilarious, btw)
-You quote me again while I'm talking to someone else, clearly wanting more attention despite wanting to be left alone

Who exactly do you think you're fooling? It's clear you're the one pressed about whether I give a damn? You're an adult, right? I honestly don't care what you say about me, but you're acting like a little bitch, and I'd like to think that's not your intention

Just move on. Cool? Cool :cheers:

I don't know why this argument is so difficult

It's literally just a matter of adjusting to the era. Just like in my posts to 3-ball I mentioned that Jordan playing today may focus more on his 3 but that will in turn mean he won't see the need to be as great a mid-range shooter as he was. People excel/adjust to whats most effective for them

Lol, the puppet keeps on dancing.

DaHeezy
10-15-2016, 05:12 PM
You've yet to actually address my points from earlier. So you arent interested in discussion. You're interested in another dance partner for you to argue incessantly with. I didnt make any position whatsoever regarding your questions, and I don't need to pass some ****ing test as to whether I can be objective. Get over yourself. I made no position on your questions, but you take my non willingness to engage in boring ass questions that have debated forever on here, as some kind of proof that I am bias, which only shows how shallow your thinking is. You can stop pretending like you were ever interested in answering my first post in a way that doesnt reveal your own bias.

I came to you with what I feel was fairly articulated post. You automatically came to conclude that I was 'one of the others' and threw in some questions to confirm the conclusion you were hellbent on wanting it to be. It frankly doesnt matter what my bias' are. You have them as well. I dont confirm someones bias before entering into discussion with them. Its either you can address my argument as I presented, or use the methods you're employing not to address it objectively because you frankly arent interested in doing so, are trying to come off as if Im the one preventing rational discussion because I choose not to answer your unrelated questions, and ignorant to how transparent it is.

Flip it any way you want. You're bias. Which is why you pigeonhole yourself into a small group. Regardless of how you see yourself here, you're in a very VERY small minority. Which is why you can't be part of a larger discussion base.

When people stop responding to you its not because you got your point across. It's because nobody wants to carry an intellectual conversation with someone bias and irrational. Think about it. There are literally thousands of posters on here yet you can only carry a discussion with a dozen or so people. The only way you find yourself into a discussion is when people like OP baits you and we all join in for the laughs. You should thank OP. He makes you guys still relevant.

SamuraiSWISH
10-15-2016, 05:20 PM
Don't know if this has been posted because I didn't want to go through all the garbage but here's what HC of the Bulls Fred Hoiberg said:

"As great as James is, Hoiberg knows that if Jordan played in today's game, with today's rules, he would dominate more than ever.

"The thing I've always said about Jordan, if he would have played in today's era with the handcheck rule the way it is, he would have shot over 20 free throws every night," Hoiberg said. "He was impossible to stay in front of. But when Jordan played, you could hold guys, you could grab them, you could be more physical with them. In my opinion, Michael Jordan is the best ever to put on a uniform. There's really no debate. I think if you ask most people, [they would] give you that same answer."

He's a terrible, unaccomplished and passive coach. But ...

:applause:

PHILA
10-15-2016, 05:36 PM
To be fair, in 1989-90 Jordan shot 37.6% on 3 FGA per game, after working on it during training camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-3wzlZw6K8&t=8m50s

AirBonner
10-15-2016, 05:48 PM
Ordan would be a slightly better Derozan

MJistheGOAT
10-15-2016, 06:13 PM
Wade would be destroying the SG position (weak in this era)
MJ would be destroying the league, maybe not so many titles because of the superteams collusion.

andgar923
10-15-2016, 07:45 PM
To be fair, in 1989-90 Jordan shot 37.6% on 3 FGA per game, after working on it during training camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-3wzlZw6K8&t=8m50s
But...but...

Dragonyeuw
10-16-2016, 06:29 AM
Flip it any way you want. You're bias. Which is why you pigeonhole yourself into a small group. Regardless of how you see yourself here, you're in a very VERY small minority. Which is why you can't be part of a larger discussion base.

When people stop responding to you its not because you got your point across. It's because nobody wants to carry an intellectual conversation with someone bias and irrational. Think about it. There are literally thousands of posters on here yet you can only carry a discussion with a dozen or so people. The only way you find yourself into a discussion is when people like OP baits you and we all join in for the laughs. You should thank OP. He makes you guys still relevant.

And you're not bias? Why do you act as though you make opinions without a heavy dose of subjectivity yourself? No other posters here have bias? Get over yourself. First I have conversions with various posters on here, so your contention that people dont respond to me is baseless BS. You tracking my discussions to see who I talk with and whether they respond or not? And, I frankly dont need to be part of the larger discussion group here. Half the basketball board alone are alts and people who cant talk about anything other than Jordan, Lebron, and Kobe except in extreme absolutes. You got a bit of a complex if you think you're relevant on a random message board where noone knows anyone else. Relevance? On a message board? How old are you? The same mentality where girls snap selfies in the bathroom and post them up because they seek validation and 'likes'. Noone here gives a **** about you or me bub. But if you think or desire relevance on a message board to be important, one can only imagine how sad your real life must be. Posters like the OP and his various alts, and the fools that support him, would only survive on a board without any standards like this one.

You still havent responded to my first post, which wasnt written as biased and was backed up by reasonable extrapolation. You arent interested in having a discussion and continue to prove it over and over, starting with your BS about testing my objectivity by throwing questions at me which dont have anything to do what we were talking about, which was whether MJ would be a good 3 point shooter today if he practiced the shot. You may as well have asked me my opinion on whether I like pizza with hamburger or pepperoni better, because it was just as relevant. Not only does MJ vs Kobe not have any relevance to that point, but MJ vs Lebron as a PASSER is even less relevant to that topic. So I dont need relevance on here, and I sure as hell dont need or care about what box you put me in. You're a name on a forum who I dont know, or care to know, and my life will be great tomorrow if you fell off the face of the earth or stepped in a minefield. Neither situation causes me to raise an eyebrow. Im sure you feel the same about me, so your point about 'relevance' within the context of an internet forum crosses the retardation line.

Human Error
10-16-2016, 07:17 AM
Today's defenders cannot touch anybody is a myth created by media and idiot fans got fell for it. They can still put their hands and lean their bodies towards the offensive players and if anything the defensive strategies have been further developed. And the stupid verticality thing only helps the defenders.

DaHeezy
10-16-2016, 03:50 PM
And you're not bias? Why do you act as though you make opinions without a heavy dose of subjectivity yourself? No other posters here have bias? Get over yourself. First I have conversions with various posters on here, so your contention that people dont respond to me is baseless BS. You tracking my discussions to see who I talk with and whether they respond or not? And, I frankly dont need to be part of the larger discussion group here. Half the basketball board alone are alts and people who cant talk about anything other than Jordan, Lebron, and Kobe except in extreme absolutes. You got a bit of a complex if you think you're relevant on a random message board where noone knows anyone else. Relevance? On a message board? How old are you? The same mentality where girls snap selfies in the bathroom and post them up because they seek validation and 'likes'. Noone here gives a **** about you or me bub. But if you think or desire relevance on a message board to be important, one can only imagine how sad your real life must be. Posters like the OP and his various alts, and the fools that support him, would only survive on a board without any standards like this one.

You still havent responded to my first post, which wasnt written as biased and was backed up by reasonable extrapolation. You arent interested in having a discussion and continue to prove it over and over, starting with your BS about testing my objectivity by throwing questions at me which dont have anything to do what we were talking about, which was whether MJ would be a good 3 point shooter today if he practiced the shot. You may as well have asked me my opinion on whether I like pizza with hamburger or pepperoni better, because it was just as relevant. Not only does MJ vs Kobe not have any relevance to that point, but MJ vs Lebron as a PASSER is even less relevant to that topic. So I dont need relevance on here, and I sure as hell dont need or care about what box you put me in. You're a name on a forum who I dont know, or care to know, and my life will be great tomorrow if you fell off the face of the earth or stepped in a minefield. Neither situation causes me to raise an eyebrow. Im sure you feel the same about me, so your point about 'relevance' within the context of an internet forum crosses the retardation line.

Did I hurt your feelings? :lol
No I don't track you. But I can guarantee any thread that refutes Jordan you're at the front of the line sucking his dick. I find it hilarious you'd call yourself unbiased when if you ask 100 posters, all 100 posters will say you're a Jordaneer. So you can't accuse me of being bias. Bias people don't reason well. So it does make you somewhat useless on an internet message board. Which makes you not worthy of my response. But if you want to continue with the puppet show I'm having keep the responses coming.

Young X
10-16-2016, 04:12 PM
^ You are biased. The only time I ever see you post is in Jordan threads arguing with his fans or detracting from him.

DaHeezy
10-16-2016, 04:26 PM
^ You are biased. The only time I ever see you post is in Jordan threads arguing with his fans or detracting from him.
Or could it be those are the only posts you notice? I jump in all sorts of topics. The Jordan ones get more attention due to the butt hurt Ness that usually goes on.

juju151111
10-16-2016, 04:35 PM
He can't detract from MJ. Mj in today nba is the best player in the league. He really not making any argument other then MJ wasn't the greatest 3pt shooter which he wasn't.

Dragonyeuw
10-16-2016, 05:00 PM
Did I hurt your feelings? :lol
No I don't track you. But I can guarantee any thread that refutes Jordan you're at the front of the line sucking his dick. I find it hilarious you'd call yourself unbiased when if you ask 100 posters, all 100 posters will say you're a Jordaneer. So you can't accuse me of being bias. Bias people don't reason well. So it does make you somewhat useless on an internet message board. Which makes you not worthy of my response. But if you want to continue with the puppet show I'm having keep the responses coming.

Keep talking. Usually when trolls like you have nothing else to say, you resort to the 'you mad'schtick. For you to have hurt my feelings would mean you've said something worth feeling anything over. And you make yourself look even more moronic by saying Im not worth a response...... and yet here you are slobbering over yourself to reply and asking me to keep the responses coming just to keep arguing. I dont know whats more tragic, your sad existence or that you're so ignorant of how bad you look acting like a little bitch. You took a selfie in some panties and posted to twitter earlier, didnt you? And now, you want to keep an argument going with a poster on an internet forum just because. Im sure by all means this is a successful day for you.

Go out, get some air. You have nothing for me. But Im sure you'll get another word in, probably something real insulting because you think I cant help not to reply. Lets see who the puppet is.

Dragonyeuw
10-16-2016, 05:04 PM

And tries to act like he isn't, which is hilarious. I've never claimed to not be an MJ fan, but that doesnt mean I cant have a real discussion about what he was and wasn't. Theres not a single poster in here that doesnt have a bias, so trying to argue that someone has a bias is inherently stupid. For **** sakes, who created the thread? Who's more 'biased' and onesided to one player than him and his 10 alts?

DaHeezy
10-16-2016, 05:07 PM
Keep talking. Usually when trolls like you have nothing else to say, you resort to the 'you mad'schtick. For you to have hurt my feelings would mean you've said something worth feeling anything over. And you make yourself look even more moronic by saying Im not worth a response...... and yet here you are slobbering over yourself to reply and asking me to keep the responses coming just to keep arguing. I dont know whats more tragic, your sad existence or that you're so ignorant of how bad you look acting like a little bitch. You took a selife in some panties and posted to twitter earlier didnt you? And now, you want to keep an argument going with a poster on an internet forum just because. Im sure by all means this is a successful day for you.

Go out, get some air. You have nothing for me. But Im sure you'll get another word in, probably something real insulting because you think I cant help not to reply. Lets see who the puppet is.
My puppet keeps responding :lol

So easy to push these Jordaneers buttons. Dance for me more my dancing monkey. Keep telling everyone you're not mad. U clearly mad. Want another banana? Here it is crybaby. :lol

DaHeezy
10-16-2016, 05:09 PM
He can't detract from MJ. Mj in today nba is the best player in the league. He really not making any argument other then MJ wasn't the greatest 3pt shooter which he wasn't.
Which is the truth. But for some reason these crybabies interpret it as I'm some sort of obsessed Jordan hater.

DaHeezy
10-16-2016, 05:12 PM
And tries to act like he isn't, which is hilarious. I've never claimed to not be an MJ fan, but that doesnt mean I cant have a real discussion about what he was and wasn't. Theres not a single poster in here that doesnt have a bias, so trying to argue that someone has a bias is inherently stupid. For **** sakes, who created the thread? Who's more 'biased' and onesided to one player than him and his 10 alts?
The cries of a bias bitch :lol
OP isn't bias, he's merely exposing the crybabies and making a show out of it. It works. OP is an entertainment genius.

Dragonyeuw
10-16-2016, 05:22 PM
Dude wouldn't even wait an hour before taking my bait just to make it look good. Just over 5 mins to reply? I mean I knew I had this little bitch hook line and sinker, but damn. :oldlol:

Do continue. Lets see if you can improve your response time.

NBAGOAT
10-16-2016, 05:37 PM

3ball is arguably as biased and one sided. I think most people here would call me a Lebron guy but I've definitely attacked Dray n Klay. There are a few other guys who aren't Jordan guys at all who've done the same. I would say fewer posters who are known as Jordan fans here attack 3ball however and that includes the good ones like yourself.

DaHeezy
10-16-2016, 05:39 PM
Dude wouldn't even wait an hour before taking my bait just to make it look good. Just over 5 mins to reply? I mean I knew I had this little bitch hook line and sinker, but damn. :oldlol:

Do continue. Lets see if you can improve your response time.
Now my monkey is trying pretend like he's flipped the script :lol
He's even playing the "watch him post" shtick
He's getting desperate!
Now keep dancing monkey!

https://lostonplanetchina.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/dancing-monkey1.jpg

Dragonyeuw
10-16-2016, 05:53 PM
Now my monkey is trying pretend like he's flipped the script :lol
He's even playing the "watch him post" shtick
He's getting desperate!
Now keep dancing monkey!

Cant wait to reply, look at him. And now his schtick is acting like he's wise to my schtick, whatever that means.

You lost bitch. Over and over again....

Dragonyeuw
10-16-2016, 05:58 PM
3ball is arguably as biased and one sided. I think most people here would call me a Lebron guy but I've definitely attacked Dray n Klay. There are a few other guys who aren't Jordan guys at all who've done the same. I would say fewer posters who are known as Jordan fans here attack 3ball however and that includes the good ones like yourself.

Of course he's biased. But taking away the repeating of threads and posts, he backs up what he says in a way that few people do. Certainly more than the OP does.

NBAGOAT
10-16-2016, 06:07 PM
Of course he's biased. But taking away the repeating of threads and posts, he backs up what he says in a way that few people do. Certainly more than the OP does.

I view it as he has those arguments ready. Long arguments are nice but really lose value when they've been repeated over ten times and half the points there have already been refeuted. Also, a lot of his points are fluff or just wrong and not responded too because his posts are long(obviously done on purpose). I mean even in this thread, he claimed Karl Malone had a "terrible shooting form". Not an easy claim to argue against because it's all subjective but it's a pretty insane claim imo.

DaHeezy
10-16-2016, 06:10 PM
Cant wait to reply, look at him. And now his schtick is acting like he's wise to my schtick, whatever that means.

You lost bitch. Over and over again....
:lol
Are you talking about yourself?
We're all getting a good laugh watching get angry.
Keep dancing monkey!

Young X
10-16-2016, 06:17 PM
Now he's calling people monkeys lol

Nilocon165
10-16-2016, 06:20 PM
Quit being weirdos :facepalm

DaHeezy
10-16-2016, 06:22 PM
Now he's calling people monkeys lol
I'm making your boy dance like one. Are you not entertained?

DaHeezy
10-16-2016, 06:24 PM
Quit being weirdos :facepalm
I'm just messing with him. He caught feeling because I choose not to respond to an irrational stan. His buttons are pushed. I'm just pulling string for y'all to enjoy.

aj1987
10-16-2016, 06:31 PM
I'm just messing with him. He caught feeling because I choose not to respond to an irrational stan. His buttons are pushed. I'm just pulling string for y'all to enjoy.
Dragonyeuw is actually a pretty good poster. He's not a Jordan stans for sure.

DaHeezy
10-16-2016, 06:35 PM
Dragonyeuw is actually a pretty good poster. He's not a Jordan stans for sure.
Then he shouldn't be throwing hissyfits when I declined not to respond to him. But he admitted to being bias. So I dont know where you got that from.

LostCause
10-16-2016, 07:38 PM
Ordan would be a slightly better Derozan

Dragonyeuw
10-17-2016, 05:17 AM
I view it as he has those arguments ready. Long arguments are nice but really lose value when they've been repeated over ten times and half the points there have already been refeuted. Also, a lot of his points are fluff or just wrong and not responded too because his posts are long(obviously done on purpose). I mean even in this thread, he claimed Karl Malone had a "terrible shooting form". Not an easy claim to argue against because it's all subjective but it's a pretty insane claim imo.

Oh Im not arguing that his points lose potency because they're oft-repeated, or that threads are created specially to make arguments about MJ and Lebron. I actually had to stop opening 3ball threads unless at home because his gifs were killing my data usage. All that said, regardless of how far fetched you consider his views to be at times, he does explain( in nauseating repetitious detail) what he means. You just have to filter out the excess. Its a change of pace from the kids, either in age or mentality, who articulate themselves with smileys, pictures, and 'you mad' quips but offer little else.

Smoke117
10-17-2016, 05:48 AM
How did this thread last so long? 1. It was made by the board jester, 2. Anyone with even a basic understanding and knowledge of the NBA shouldn't need to go beyond common sense to know both players would dominate in ANY era.

Dragonyeuw
10-17-2016, 07:03 AM
How did this thread last so long? 1. It was made by the board jester, 2. Anyone with even a basic understanding and knowledge of the NBA shouldn't need to go beyond common sense to know both players would dominate in ANY era.

Basically.