PDA

View Full Version : WTF is an anti-Columbus day protest?

dunksby
10-11-2016, 09:16 AM
These demos get more ridiculous by the day :biggums:

kurple
10-11-2016, 09:18 AM
do you honestly believe Columbus deserve his own national holiday?

its pretty well documented how big a piece of shit he was

andgar923
10-11-2016, 09:21 AM
These demos get more ridiculous by the day :biggums:

Newsflash... this has been going on for decades now.

dunksby
10-11-2016, 09:22 AM
Dude made it possible for USA to happen, leave your self-righteous bullshit aside and you will realise his influence on American history. So yes, the people of America should celebrate him.

dunksby
10-11-2016, 09:23 AM
Newsflash... this has been going on for decades now.
Somehow this makes it better?

kurple
10-11-2016, 09:28 AM
Dude made it possible for USA to happen, leave your self-righteous bullshit aside and you will realise his influence on American history. So yes, the people of America should celebrate him.
because america would have never been found had it not been for Columbus. lol

he wasnt even first there

sd3035
10-11-2016, 09:40 AM
Just another envy the white man protest

gigantes
10-11-2016, 09:53 AM
Just another envy the white man protest
nah... just calling out a major piece of shit for being a major piece of shit.

just because a bunch of other assholes came along and benefited from him doesn't change any of that.

at the same time-- gotta give him props for having some king kong-sized balls and changing history in a whole bunch of ways.

UK2K
10-11-2016, 09:54 AM
I love it....

Really lets you know who has too much time on their hands. :oldlol:

Patrick Chewing
10-11-2016, 10:08 AM

That's an unfair assessment of a different moment in time.

Back then he was labeled a hero, an adventurer, an explorer.

Just because society changes over time does not make our past any less credible or acceptable than our current society today.

gigantes
10-11-2016, 10:16 AM
by the court and common folk. but the court's whole purpose in that affair was simply exploitation and conquest, etc.

IIRC to sailors, columbus was a real motherf-cker and hardass... which was probably a very common opinion to have, working under a powerful captain going on difficult voyages.

to the peoples of the americas, obviously he was a murderer, manipulator and all-around supervillain.

9erempiree
10-11-2016, 10:17 AM

Just because society changes over time does not make our past any less credible or acceptable than our current society today.

This.

Hawker
10-11-2016, 10:30 AM

Agreed. It's irresponsible to judge someone from over 500 years with the moral lens of today.

Indigenous lifestyles are absolutely to be respected but they aren't innocent in all of this.

Hawker
10-11-2016, 10:30 AM
by the court and common folk. but the court's whole purpose in that affair was simply exploitation and conquest, etc.

IIRC to sailors, columbus was a real motherf-cker and hardass... which was probably a very common opinion to have, working under a powerful captain going on difficult voyages.

to the peoples of the americas, obviously he was a murderer, manipulator and all-around supervillain.

Others would say it was to spread christianity.

gigantes
10-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Others would say it was to spread christianity.
that came later.

it wasn't the church who funded the expedition, but they certainly piggy-backed off of it.

dunksby
10-11-2016, 10:58 AM
because america would have never been found had it not been for Columbus. lol

he wasnt even first there
You can apply that logic to anything, somebody would do it, well that someone is Columbus, you are ridiculous, trying to take away what he did by giving credit to a hypothetical person who would have done what Columbus actually did.

CelticBaller
10-11-2016, 11:03 AM
It's hilarious really, like early Americans didn't slaughter, brought diseases and forced Native Americans to move out of their land

If you're anti Columbus you're anti America

gigantes
10-11-2016, 11:13 AM
It's hilarious really, like early Americans didn't slaughter, brought diseases and forced Native Americans to move out of their land
other than the aztecs and the incas, americans had a pretty great arrangement before columbus came along.

the various tribes could do their thing, there was plenty of land and resources, and the whole thing was sustainable as a mofo, unlike today.

Bosnian Sajo
10-11-2016, 11:21 AM

LMAO, you guys really don't know shit, do you?? :oldlol:

Can you tell me why the great "hero" Columbus was jailed in Spain, then? Why would they charge a HERO with war crimes?

Bosnian Sajo
10-11-2016, 11:24 AM
It's shocking how easily persuaded some of you are, even if you have no knowledge in the subject of discussion, you will STILL voice an opinion just because you can. No matter if there is no research, knowledge, fact or reasoning behind what you say.

Agreed. It's irresponsible to judge someone from over 500 years with the moral lens of today.

Indigenous lifestyles are absolutely to be respected but they aren't innocent in all of this.

What do you mean by that?

Hawker
10-11-2016, 11:39 AM
It's shocking how easily persuaded some of you are, even if you have no knowledge in the subject of discussion, you will STILL voice an opinion just because you can. No matter if there is no research, knowledge, fact or reasoning behind what you say.

What do you mean by that?

Native American tribes wouldn't raid each other or fight over territory?

This fact seem to get lost when white imperialism comes up.

I agree with gigantes that the lifestyle was very sustainable and is probably the best way to combat climate change.

Bosnian Sajo
10-11-2016, 11:58 AM

I agree with gigantes that the lifestyle was very sustainable and is probably the best way to combat climate change.

How does that make what Columbus and company did acceptable?? They gave the natives disease infested blankets, hw can you even compare that to anything?

And no, it is not a guarantee that the Native's would of killed themselves off over territory...dumbest thing I've ever heard. "if we didn't kill them off, they would of just done it to themselves" And you claim it as a fact :facepalm Jesssuussss, how did you become so smart is all I wanna know. I bet you're an atheist too, right?

East River Livn'
10-11-2016, 11:58 AM
nah... just calling out a major piece of shit for being a major piece of shit.

just because a bunch of other assholes came along and benefited from him doesn't change any of that.

at the same time-- gotta give him props for having some king kong-sized balls and changing history in a whole bunch of ways.

But he's partially right. People tend to look for the faults of white heroes while ignoring the faults of heroes of color. MLK was a self described man of God who spouted of morality to the masses yet frequently visited prostitutes. Nelson Mandela was a terrorist, Ghandi was an incestuous misogynist who harbored some racist views. We are expected to look for faults of our white heroes, but it is taboo even considered racist by many to point out the faults of non white heroes.

Bosnian Sajo
10-11-2016, 12:00 PM
Not saying they didn't fight over territory or have wars, of course they did...but they for sure (FACT!!) wouldn't of reduced their numbers from hundreds of millions to 1.something million the way Columbus and others did.

gigantes
10-11-2016, 12:07 PM
But he's partially right. People tend to look for the faults of white heroes while ignoring the faults of heroes of color. MLK was a self described man of God who spouted of morality to the masses yet frequently visited prostitutes. Nelson Mandela was a terrorist, Ghandi was an incestuous misogynist who harbored some racist views. We are expected to look for faults of our white heroes, but it is taboo even considered racist by many to point out the faults of non white heroes.
the KMFDM principle.

also, turkeys are everywhere.

UK2K
10-11-2016, 12:08 PM
How does that make what Columbus and company did acceptable?? They gave the natives disease infested blankets, hw can you even compare that to anything?

And no, it is not a guarantee that the Native's would of killed themselves off over territory...dumbest thing I've ever heard. "if we didn't kill them off, they would of just done it to themselves" And you claim it as a fact :facepalm Jesssuussss, how did you become so smart is all I wanna know. I bet you're an atheist too, right?

Because that sort of thing was pretty ****ing common 500 years ago...

'But how could Native's cut out the heart of a living person and eat it?'

Because... that also was pretty ****ing common 500 years ago.

You understand we live in different times, right?

Hawker
10-11-2016, 12:13 PM

Is it fact that Europeans gave disease infected blankets right off the bet or were just simply exposed to it through normal means?

They had no natural immunity to these diseases like Europeans did. It was hardly intentional but unfortunate. I mean, how could they really have known that was going to happen?

tpols
10-11-2016, 12:14 PM

every civilization to ever exist has conquered lands and removed others.. that's life for every thing

Real Men Wear Green
10-11-2016, 12:20 PM
I'm not going to bother to protest but I certainly don't celebrate Columbus. As has been outlined, he was an asshole. Would we have the exact same USA if he had never existed? No. But that doesn't mean we have to celebrate him when we know he was a vile human being.

Bosnian Sajo
10-11-2016, 12:21 PM
every civilization to ever exist has conquered lands and removed others.. that's life for every thing

I'm not even gonna get started arguing.

You right man, genocide is the way of life for us humans, it's the way we conquer land. It's fair game. What the Serbs did to us Bosnians, it's normal to kill men, women, and children for land. No problems. If hitler was killing Jews for their land, that too would of been fair game.

Thanks for showing me the right way homie, that's just life. :cheers:

Bosnian Sajo
10-11-2016, 12:24 PM
Because that sort of thing was pretty ****ing common 500 years ago...

You understand we live in different times, right?

No, it wasn't common. Show me another instance of biological warfare that was ACCEPTABLE during ANY PERIOD, ever.

gigantes
10-11-2016, 12:25 PM

no, it wasn't common.

but let me guess, your history expertise comes from watching indiana jones movies.

tpols
10-11-2016, 12:27 PM
I'm not even gonna get started arguing.

You right man, genocide is the way of life for us humans, it's the way we conquer land. It's fair game. What the Serbs did to us Bosnians, it's normal to kill men, women, and children for land. No problems. If hitler was killing Jews for their land, that too would of been fair game.

Thanks for showing me the right way homie, that's just life. :cheers:

you just sound very naive and emotional.. i agree its an ugly truth, but it is how everything came about. you could say same stuff about almost every big leader to ever lived is all im saying

Bosnian Sajo
10-11-2016, 12:35 PM
lmao nah son, you're the naive one. Big time.

I'd go off on your ass and explain to you step by step what I mean (since it's obviously necessary, for you) but I'm multitasking right now as is, not even gonna try to.

TommyGriffin
10-11-2016, 12:38 PM

If you're anti Columbus you're anti America
One of the most retarded posts of all time. Impressive. :applause:

East River Livn'
10-11-2016, 12:39 PM

Reported

TommyGriffin
10-11-2016, 12:41 PM
Reported
Reported for frivolous reporting.

East River Livn'
10-11-2016, 01:09 PM
The spirit of Columbus still treading over natives to this day

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b0a_1476196310

iamgine
10-11-2016, 01:28 PM
More holiday = better.

All holidays can be criticized.

Columbus did have an influence on finding America. That's what's celebrated, not the other stuff that's bad.

falc39
10-11-2016, 01:51 PM
I find it to be moronic for these history revisionists to go through the past and hold it to a very different moral standard like the one we have it today, as if those societies should have had the foresight or ability to see through time. These people have no idea about context of the times and it's really just to appease their current political agenda. Life was different then. The struggle to survive manifested in a lot more harsher ways than what we have today with the help of advanced technology.

And in before "But but, Thomas Jefferson had slaves!" :oldlol: :facepalm

CelticBaller
10-11-2016, 01:53 PM
other than the aztecs and the incas, americans had a pretty great arrangement before columbus came along.

the various tribes could do their thing, there was plenty of land and resources, and the whole thing was sustainable as a mofo, unlike today.
Um, that doesn't change history tho, we also did some horrible things to native americans

CelticBaller
10-11-2016, 01:55 PM
ad hominem

Keep being ignorant :applause:

NumberSix
10-11-2016, 01:57 PM
Yes, because people in the 1400s TOTALLY understood how disease spreads.

Guy #1: "We'll give them these blankets. It's covered in disease"

Guy #2: "They're covered in disease? How do you know that?"

Guy #1: "Oh, believe me. I know. They're covered in disease"

Guy #2: "OMG then why are we handling blankets that are full of diseases?"

Guy #1: "No, it's cool. We're immune to these diseases"

Guy #2: "So, did you do any DNA testing?"

Guy #1: "Nah, I just looked it up on the Internet. Googled it."

Guy #2: "How fast is your WiFi connection?"

TommyGriffin
10-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Yes, because people in the 1400s TOTALLY understood how disease spreads.

Guy #1: "We'll give them these blankets. It's covered in disease"

Guy #2: "They're covered in disease? How do you know that?"

Guy #1: "Oh, believe me. I know. They're covered in disease"

Guy #2: "OMG then why are we handling blankets that are full of diseases?"

Guy #1: "No, it's cool. We're immune to these diseases"

Guy #2: "So, did you do any DNA testing?"

Guy #1: "Nah, I just looked it up on the Internet. Googled it."

Guy #2: "How fast is your WiFi connection?"
They didn't know scientifically what germs were but they were well aware of the effects of them. It was a calculated move.

gigantes
10-11-2016, 02:10 PM
Um, that doesn't change history tho, we also did some horrible things to native americans
um, is there some particular point you're trying to make that you think people are unaware of...?

CelticBaller
10-11-2016, 02:12 PM
um, is there some particular point you're trying to make that you think people are unaware of...?
To vilify Columbus is dumb, considering that our (US) history itself was shaped by similar actions.

I thought I was pretty clear in my initial post

UK2K
10-11-2016, 02:21 PM
No, it wasn't common. Show me another instance of biological warfare that was ACCEPTABLE during ANY PERIOD, ever.

Is this a serious question....

UK2K
10-11-2016, 02:26 PM
no, it wasn't common.

but let me guess, your history expertise comes from watching indiana jones movies.

Wikipedia dipshit...

Ancient History

According to Homer's epic poems about the legendary Trojan War, the Iliad and the Odyssey, spears and arrows were tipped with poison. During the First Sacred War in Greece, in about 590 BC, Athens and the Amphictionic League poisoned the water supply of the besieged town of Kirrha (near Delphi) with the toxic plant hellebore.[2] During the 4th century BC Scythian archers tipped their arrow tips with snake venom, human blood, and animal feces to cause wounds to become infected.

In a naval battle against King Eumenes of Pergamon in 184 BC, Hannibal of Carthage had clay pots filled with venomous snakes and instructed his sailors to throw them onto the decks of enemy ships.[3] The Roman commander Manius Aquillius poisoned the wells of besieged enemy cities in about 130 BC. In about AD 198, the Parthian city of Hatra (near Mosul, Iraq) repulsed the Roman army led by Septimius Severus by hurling clay pots filled with live scorpions at them.[4]

Middle Ages

The Mongol Empire established commercial and political connections between the Eastern and Western areas of the world, through the most mobile army ever seen. The armies, composed of the most rapidly moving travelers who had ever moved between the steppes of East Asia (where bubonic plague was and remains endemic among small rodents), managed to keep the chain of infection without a break until they reached, and infected, peoples and rodents who had never encountered it. The ensuing Black Death may have killed up to 25 million in China and roughly a third of the population of Europe and in the next decades, changing the course of Asian and European history.

During the Middle Ages, victims of the bubonic plague were used for biological attacks, often by flinging fomites such as infected corpses and excrement over castle walls using catapults. In 1346, during the siege of Kafa (now Feodossia, Crimea) the attacking Tartar Forces which were subjugated by the Mongol empire under Genghis Khan, used the bodies of Mongol warriors of the Golden Horde who had died of plague, as weapons. An outbreak of plague followed and the defending forces retreated, followed by the conquest of the city by the Mongols. It has been speculated that this operation may have been responsible for the advent of the Black Death in Europe. At the time, the attackers thought that the stench was enough to kill them, though it was the disease that was deadly.[6][7]

Americas

Two instances of biological warfare by the British against North American Indians during Pontiac's Rebellion (1763–66) are well documented, but the actual effectiveness is unknown. In the first, during a parley at Fort Pitt on June 24, 1763, Captain Simeon Ecuyer gave representatives of the besieging Delawares two blankets and a handkerchief enclosed in small metal boxes that had been exposed to smallpox, hoping to spread the disease to the Natives in order to end the siege.[16] William Trent, the militia commander, left records that clearly indicated that the purpose of giving the blankets was "to Convey the Smallpox to the Indians."[17]

Australia

Australian aborigines (Kooris) have always maintained that the British deliberately spread smallpox in 1789,[20] but this possibility has only been raised by historians from the 1980s when Dr Noel Butlin suggested; “there are some possibilities that ... disease could have been used deliberately as an exterminating agent”.[21]

In 1997, David Day claimed there “remains considerable circumstantial evidence to suggest that officers other than Phillip, or perhaps convicts or soldiers … deliberately spread smallpox among aborigines”[22] and in 2000 Dr John Lambert argued that “strong circumstantial evidence suggests the smallpox epidemic which ravaged Aborigines in 1789, may have resulted from deliberate infection”.[23]

Japan

During the final months of World War II, Japan planned to utilize plague as a biological weapon against U.S. civilians in San Diego, California, during Operation Cherry Blossoms at Night. They hope that it would kill tens of thousands of U.S. civilians and thereby dissuading America from attacking Japan. The plan was set to launch on September 22, 1945, at night, but it never came into fruition due to Japan's surrender on August 15, 1945.[43][44][45][46]

Mustard Gas in WW1? Shit, countries (in the middle East) are STILL using shit like that today...

Act like white Americans are the only ones to have ever used disease or chemicals in war. :oldlol: :oldlol:

A simple google search would do the trick next time.

gigantes
10-11-2016, 02:35 PM
To vilify Columbus is dumb, considering that our (US) history itself was shaped by similar actions.

I thought I was pretty clear in my initial post
i don't recall vilifying colombo. i called him out for being a huge asshole on one hand and gave him credit for his accomplishments OTOH.

"similar actions" is a huge reach, tho. to compare the history of pre-euro americas to post-euro is just hugely naive.

i mean you could describe some of your own family history and i could respond by saying "well, that's a lot like what happened in the colonial period," but my statement wouldn't mean shit.

just stating facts here.

Wikipedia dipshit...

Ancient History

[/B]

Middle Ages

Americas

Australia

Japan

Mustard Gas in WW1? Shit, countries (in the middle East) are STILL using shit like that today...

Act like white Americans are the only ones to have ever used disease or chemicals in war. :oldlol: :oldlol:

A simple google search would do the trick next time.
IIRC you said cutting out living hearts was common 500 years ago.

i said "no it wasn't."

dipshit...

UK2K
10-11-2016, 02:55 PM

i said "no it wasn't."

dipshit...

Oh you meant that....

Depp has said he wanted to play Tonto in order to portray Native Americans in a more sympathetic light. But the Comanche never showed sympathy themselves.

When that Indian delegation to San Antonio realised they were to be detained, they tried to fight their way out with bows and arrows and knives — killing any Texan they could get at. In turn, Texan soldiers opened fire, slaughtering 35 Comanche, injuring many more and taking 29 prisoner.

But the Comanche tribe’s furious response knew no bounds. When the Texans suggested they swap the Comanche prisoners for their captives, the Indians tortured every one of those captives to death instead.

‘One by one, the children and young women were pegged out naked beside the camp fire,’ according to a contemporary account. ‘They were skinned, sliced, and horribly mutilated, and finally burned alive by vengeful women determined to wring the last shriek and convulsion from their agonised bodies. Matilda Lockhart’s six-year-old sister was among these unfortunates who died screaming under the high plains moon.’

Not only were the Comanche specialists in torture, they were also the most ferocious and successful warriors — indeed, they become known as ‘Lords of the Plains’.

They were as imperialist and genocidal as the white settlers who eventually vanquished them.

You do understand that at one point in history, men didn't vomit at the sight of blood? It was common, 500 years ago, to completely brutalize your opponents.

The Aztecs were notorious for ritual cannibalism (warriors would eat a strip of flesh from enemies they had slain in combat). Some people dispute this, but the Aztecs' own written and oral histories seem to support it as the truth. The Karankawa tribe of southeast Texas was also said to practice ritual cannibalism on defeated enemies. There were a few Amazonian tribes who practiced funerary cannibalism (family and friends would eat part of a dead tribal member's body as a religious ceremony at the funeral).

Parkman describes an attack by the Iroquois on an Algonquin hunting party, late in the autumn of 1641, and the Iroquois’ treatment of their prisoners and victims:

They bound the prisoners hand and foot, rekindled the fire, slung the kettles, cut the bodies of the slain to pieces, and boiled and devoured them before the eyes of the wretched survivors. “In a word,” says the narrator [that is, the Algonquin woman who escaped to tell the tale], “they ate men with as much appetite and more pleasure than hunters eat a boar or a stag …”

The conquerors feasted in the lodge till nearly daybreak … then began their march homeward with their prisoners. Among these were three women, of whom the narrator was one, who had each a child of a few weeks or months old. At the first halt, their captors took the infants from them, tied them to wooden spits, placed them to die slowly before a fire, and feasted on them before the eyes of the agonized mothers, whose shrieks, supplications, and frantic efforts to break the cords that bound them were met with mockery and laughter …

Want me to continue?

warriorfan
10-11-2016, 02:56 PM
UK2K is on one right now :roll:

Patrick Chewing
10-11-2016, 03:10 PM
lmao nah son, you're the naive one. Big time.

I'd go off on your ass and explain to you step by step what I mean (since it's obviously necessary, for you) but I'm multitasking right now as is, not even gonna try to.

Man you are so full of yourself...LOL. Nobody cares about your life, so there's no need for you to tell us how cool you are.

gigantes
10-11-2016, 03:11 PM
Oh you meant that....

You do understand that at one point in history, men didn't vomit at the sight of blood? It was common, 500 years ago, to completely brutalize your opponents.

Want me to continue?
you're not telling me anything i'm unaware of, nor making any point that i hadn't already considered. you evidently haven't figured out that i don't a "noble savage" complex, so yeah, continue if you like...

in any case, that still doesn't make what happened pre-euro to be all that similar in impact to what happened post-euro.

bottom line: you're normalised, and that's okay with me.

Bosnian Sajo
10-11-2016, 07:46 PM
Man you are so full of yourself...LOL. Nobody cares about your life, so there's no need for you to tell us how cool you are.

Lol, what in the hell are you talking about?? All I said was that I'm multitasking so I don't even wanna start going back and fourth, I'm sorry some of us have more important things to do today than explain to you why Columbus was a ****ing asshole.

This guy :lol

Go read some books.

CelticBaller
10-11-2016, 09:05 PM
i don't recall vilifying colombo. i called him out for being a huge asshole on one hand and gave him credit for his accomplishments OTOH.

"similar actions" is a huge reach, tho. to compare the history of pre-euro americas to post-euro is just hugely naive.

i mean you could describe some of your own family history and i could respond by saying "well, that's a lot like what happened in the colonial period," but my statement wouldn't mean shit.

just stating facts here.

i said "no it wasn't."

dipshit...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wounded_Knee_Massacre
Huge reach tho, lol

And I never said pre euro Americans. But if you want to go there to, there's some mass graves out there filled with native Americans cadavers. So There's that

Patrick Chewing
10-11-2016, 09:29 PM
Lol, what in the hell are you talking about?? All I said was that I'm multitasking so I don't even wanna start going back and fourth, I'm sorry some of us have more important things to do today than explain to you why Columbus was a ****ing asshole.

This guy :lol

Go read some books.

No one is defending Columbus. You came in here guns blazing thinking you knew something cause you read it in a book once.

Go back to praying.

Bosnian Sajo
10-11-2016, 09:51 PM
No one is defending Columbus. You came in here guns blazing thinking you knew something cause you read it in a book once.

Go back to praying.

THERE DEFINITELY were people defending him dumbass, that's what this whole discussion is about. Read a little, jackass. "it was common during his time"

Majority agree with me.

Brb, gonna go finish up my acc hw so that I can make 3x the amount of money you do. And then the LAKERS GAME!! :rockon:

Patrick Chewing
10-11-2016, 09:56 PM
THERE DEFINITELY were people defending him dumbass, that's what this whole discussion is about. Read a little, jackass. "it was common during his time"

Majority agree with me.

Brb, gonna go finish up my acc hw so that I can make 3x the amount of money you do. And then the LAKERS GAME!! :rockon:

It was a different time back then. Remember how slavery was legal? Different time you idiot.

How thick is your skull? Oh I forgot, you're a Muslim.

Bosnian Sajo
10-11-2016, 10:01 PM
Muslim = thick skull. Got it.

Any other factual information you wish to share with us? If you're just gonna talk shit, at least finish sucking my dick so I can get back to my hw before the game starts.

Patrick Chewing
10-11-2016, 10:04 PM
Yes go finish your homework little boy so you can make momma and poppa proud.

Before you martyr yourself for the cause.

Bosnian Sajo
10-11-2016, 10:12 PM
...senior...in state university...:oldlol:

And I already make cashhhh boy :applause:

Ridin in the dirty and your ass still in a hurry to get all the shopping carts inside before it rains. :cry:

CelticBaller
10-11-2016, 10:16 PM
Muslim = thick skull. Got it.

Any other factual information you wish to share with us? If you're just gonna talk shit, at least finish sucking my dick so I can get back to my hw before the game starts.
Off topic: You're an ACC major? I switched to MIS and I'm thinking of doing a double major

How's intermediate Accounting?

Bosnian Sajo
10-11-2016, 10:17 PM
Off topic: You're an ACC major? I switched to MIS and I'm thinking of doing a double major

How's intermediate Accounting?

Nah bro, I'm in the same boat as you. In MIS and thinking of doing a double major with ACC :oldlol:

Accounting is not bad so far, it's just very repetitive. The HW is, at least...

Although they make BANK. My professor told me it wasn't too difficult to get into an audit job and he made well over 6 figures, starting.

CelticBaller
10-11-2016, 10:20 PM
Nah bro, I'm in the same boat as you. In MIS and thinking of doing a double major with ACC :oldlol:

Accounting is not bad so far, it's just very repetitive. The HW is, at least...

Although they make BANK. My professor told me it wasn't too difficult to get into an audit job and he made well over 6 figures, starting.
Yeah, taking the intro course right now and it's kinda easy, I find it interesting so I'm guessing im going in that route lol

Bosnian Sajo
10-11-2016, 10:33 PM
Yeah, taking the intro course right now and it's kinda easy, I find it interesting so I'm guessing im going in that route lol

Yea, me too. Got a 68% on my first test because I half assed and only studied 2 hours total...not making that mistake again.

Good luck, my dude.

I'm trying to get an internship at deloitte (big accounting and consulting firm), wanna be a consultant for them and work my way up (inshallah), but it's hard to get in from what I hear. However, it's a lot easier to get in once you've had an internship...so that's what I'm banking on.

gigantes
10-11-2016, 11:51 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wounded_Knee_Massacre
Huge reach tho, lol

And I never said pre euro Americans. But if you want to go there to, there's some mass graves out there filled with native Americans cadavers. So There's that
i honestly have no idea what point you're trying to make with that. Sort of a UK2K thing...?

but yeah i'm aware of the fact that i'm something of a hypocritical dickhead by critiquing colombo, even as i enjoy the fruits of his work.

but at the end of the day, i'm not really in to the extremes and causes most people seem wrapped up in. my only real point is that (like hawker said) the system as it existed was (dramatically) more sustainable until the euros came along.

agree / disagree?

and, REASONS.

Lebowsky
10-12-2016, 02:42 AM

I think you're a bit confused. The British did use smallpox-infected blankets against the allied French and Native Americans in the mid 18th. century.

"Columbus and company" never gave any infected blankets to anybody. They did spread European diseases among the Native American population, but it was through normal interaction rather than intentional bioterrorism.

Dresta
10-12-2016, 04:58 AM

Nomadic peoples are invariably brutal, and the moral codes of the native inhabitants of America would be considered just as repugnant to the modern temper as that of Columbus, if not more so. If the Indian tribes had been able (and it's likely not even possible for nomadic peoples to share land with industrial/agricultural peoples without the latter corrupting the former) to preserve their way of life and some land for themselves, the moralists of today would be rooting them out and holding them up as the epitomisation of evil. If these armchair moralisers wanted to be consistent with their ahistorical moralism, they'd hurl themselves off a cliff and be done with it.

Dresta
10-12-2016, 05:08 AM
i honestly have no idea what point you're trying to make with that. Sort of a UK2K thing...?

but yeah i'm aware of the fact that i'm something of a hypocritical dickhead by critiquing colombo, even as i enjoy the fruits of his work.

but at the end of the day, i'm not really in to the extremes and causes most people seem wrapped up in. my only real point is that (like hawker said) the system as it existed was (dramatically) more sustainable until the euros came along.

agree / disagree?

and, REASONS.
It may have been more sustainable, but almost no-one with a taste of civilisation would want to live it; the life of a nomad was brutal as f*ck.

gigantes
10-12-2016, 07:12 AM
It may have been more sustainable, but almost no-one with a taste of civilisation would want to live it; the life of a nomad was brutal as f*ck.
not nomadic tho, doe. tribal life.

tribal life in n. america could be fabulous.

they didn't need prozac and video games.

kentatm
10-12-2016, 03:17 PM

his diaries talk about how he captured 12 year old sex slaves for him to sell.

sorry but not sorry for judging him on that.

Annyong!
10-12-2016, 03:26 PM

This. I'm not going to protest or anything, but I'm on board with changing it to National Indigenous People Day.

NumberSix
10-12-2016, 03:58 PM
This. I'm not going to protest or anything, but I'm on board with changing it to National Indigenous People Day.
The point of the day isn't to celebrate natives. It's to celebrate finding the Americas. One has nothing to do with the other.

dunksby
10-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Reading between the lines of morons here: "I wish America was discovered by Superman so we could all feel good celebrating the day of the discovery of America."

Patrick Chewing
10-12-2016, 04:42 PM
Reading between the lines of morons here: "I wish America was discovered by Superman so we could all feel good celebrating the day of the discovery of America."

:lol

Bosnian Sajo
10-13-2016, 02:00 AM

Nope, more like "don't celebrate Columbus".

That's it. lol. Yet we're the "morons" :facepalm

dunksby
10-13-2016, 04:34 AM
Nope, more like "don't celebrate Columbus".

That's it. lol. Yet we're the "morons" :facepalm
It's the discovery of America that's celebrated, it's not Columbus' birthday. Way to be a moron.

NumberSix
10-13-2016, 05:42 AM
This is anti-Italian racism.

kurple
10-13-2016, 05:50 AM
It's the discovery of America that's celebrated, it's not Columbus' birthday. Way to be a moron.
Call it something else then, why is it so important for you to defend him?

kurple
10-13-2016, 05:51 AM
This is anti-Italian racism.
You're the racist for generalizing italians

Hawker
10-13-2016, 10:27 AM
Call it something else then, why is it so important for you to defend him?

Why is it so important for you to protest? Stop being a vagine.

Bosnian Sajo
10-13-2016, 12:54 PM

Who said anything about a birthday, you dirty piece of shit?

It's called Columbus day you ****ing idiot, he's being celebrated too. Did you go to school in the states? All throughout elementary school, we were taught how Columbus was a hero and how Columbus discovered America.

"It's the discovery of America that's celebrated" No, jackass, it's the discovery of America BY COLUMBUS that's being celebrated.

This dude is dumb AS FUUUUCK. What a ****ing moron :facepalm

I don't even care about this shit anymore, I just can't stand when someones acting like they know shit when they don't know anything.

gigantes
10-13-2016, 12:57 PM
...I don't even care about this shit anymore, I just can't stand when someones acting like they know shit when they don't know anything.
so whenever you want to get pissed off, you swing by ISH? :banana:

Bosnian Sajo
10-13-2016, 12:59 PM
so whenever you want to get pissed off, you swing by ISH? :banana:

Basically :roll:

USF's financial aid people also pissed me off on the phone earlier...I came here to vent :lol

dunksby
10-13-2016, 02:15 PM
Who said anything about a birthday, you dirty piece of shit?

It's called Columbus day you ****ing idiot, he's being celebrated too. Did you go to school in the states? All throughout elementary school, we were taught how Columbus was a hero and how Columbus discovered America.

"It's the discovery of America that's celebrated" No, jackass, it's the discovery of America BY COLUMBUS that's being celebrated.

This dude is dumb AS FUUUUCK. What a ****ing moron :facepalm

I don't even care about this shit anymore, I just can't stand when someones acting like they know shit when they don't know anything.
Ah, now I know who you are, you are the depressed dude. It's OK man, sorry, no hard feelings. It's just a trivial thing.

Bosnian Sajo
10-13-2016, 02:19 PM
Ah, now I know who you are, you are the depressed dude. It's OK man, sorry, no hard feelings. It's just a trivial thing.

I went through a period where I was feeling down, absolutely. That don't happen to you though, right? You above the rest of us.

Punk :oldlol:

dunksby
10-13-2016, 02:22 PM
I went through a period where I was feeling down, absolutely. That don't happen to you though, right? You above the rest of us.

It's good to hear, make sure you have a lot of ice-cream too.

Bosnian Sajo
10-13-2016, 02:24 PM
It's good to hear, make sure you have a lot of ice-cream too.

On my dick for your girl to lick off, sure bro :oldlol:

dunksby
10-13-2016, 02:26 PM
On my dick for your girl to lick off, sure bro :oldlol:
That period must have made you alienate all your friends, it's OK to feel alone.

gigantes
10-13-2016, 02:27 PM
Unsubscribe

Bosnian Sajo
10-13-2016, 02:29 PM
Unsubscribe

x2.