Duncan gone ... against Detroit , so no ill affects

EQUALS = beautiful bball

Spurs5Rings2014
10-11-2016, 04:18 PM
Chip incoming.

:pimp:

Spurs m8
10-11-2016, 04:42 PM
i love how people talk like Duncan was such a big piece the past couple of years lol

He retired at the right time and left the place in a good place.

Basically the opposite of what Kobe did. In so many ways.

Cheers Tim

Spurs5Rings2014
10-11-2016, 06:48 PM
He retired at the right time and left the place in a good place.

Basically the opposite of what Kobe did. In so many ways.

Cheers Tim

:cheers:

LostCause
10-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Duncans locker room presence will surely be missed. Unless I'm mistaken dude was also pretty good defensively last season in the minutes he played, so his loss isnt exactly negligible

I agree with the OP though that ultimately they should be good. Pau still has game, offensively

Spurs m8
10-11-2016, 08:20 PM
Duncans locker room presence will surely be missed. Unless I'm mistaken dude was also pretty good defensively last season in the minutes he played, so his loss isnt exactly negligible

I agree with the OP though that ultimately they should be good. Pau still has game, offensively

Pau also finished 5th and 6th in the league in blocks and rebounds last season...

Tim and LMA were in the 40s and shit.

Dray n Klay
10-11-2016, 08:22 PM
Pau also finished 5th and 6th in the league in blocks and rebounds last season...

Nope...

LostCause
10-11-2016, 08:45 PM

Really? You think because Pau got a few blocks he was better defensively than Duncan?

Do you not recall the plethora of observations and comments about how Pau was hurting the Bulls defense despite his block totals?

Proctor
10-11-2016, 09:04 PM

Gasol is an average, maybe slightly above average defender who does get blocks and rebounds, but let's not compare his defensive abilities to even a zombie Duncan.

LilEddyCurry
10-11-2016, 09:05 PM
I hope The Spurs give GS a good run and beat them :cheers:

Spurs m8
10-11-2016, 09:09 PM
Nope...

I mean, they're actual stats and all but if you say so...

f@ggot

G-train
10-11-2016, 09:16 PM

Pau is a completely horrible defender and rebounder.
He doesn't rotate, he doesn't box out and he is soft.
You will be furious at him all season.

Jasper
10-11-2016, 11:10 PM
it is possible....

they have interior defense , and interior offense.... Lenard on the outside should help against Durant. Green on KT.

Paul George 24
10-11-2016, 11:34 PM
Nope...
SHUT UP PLZ,ROLE POLAYER DRAYMOND IS ANNOYED:banana:

G-train
10-11-2016, 11:54 PM
they have interior defense .

Gasol, LA and Lee is below average interior defence.

Paul George 24
10-11-2016, 11:58 PM
Gasol, LA and Lee is below average interior defence.
NO WAY.............:no:

sunnyboy91
10-12-2016, 01:50 AM

Blocks dont tell the whole story. Timmy was still a better defender than Pau. He only retired due to that last injury he had to his other knee which rendered him basically useless against OKC.
I think this years team will be better than last years team come playoffs if Kawhi improves and Pau is fully healthy (along with the others of course).

Spurs m8
10-12-2016, 04:05 AM
He hasn't shown anything yet in pre season but I want Dedmon to fire aye

Bit pumped for Dedmon for some reason, hope he can get going

Paul George 24
10-12-2016, 05:15 AM
He hasn't shown anything yet in pre season but I want Dedmon to fire aye

Bit pumped for Dedmon for some reason, hope he can get going
lol this is his 1st game,what do u expect,I mean Gasol

Spurs m8
10-12-2016, 05:30 AM
I don't expect anything yet lol

Jasper
10-12-2016, 09:37 AM
people forget how Pop can get the best out his players by letting play to their strengths as well as asking to pull their weight.

When he retires , Spurs will be in a spiral.

Haymaker
10-12-2016, 10:22 AM
I like the Gasol/LA pairing more than Timmy/LA. Gasol is a better passer and can play both inside and outside the paint. Defensively there's a weakness; they're a slow tandem so Pop needs to work match ups and rotations smartly vs younger teams.

SCdac
10-12-2016, 10:23 AM
Spurs' transition into a Duncan-less team has been butter smooth... they went out and got LaMarcus Aldridge and Pau Gasol... who could ask for more

Replacing Parker will be the next big move. I was hoping Zach Lavine was on the Spurs' radar but I feel he's going to blow up and demand a high price sooner than later

And trading George Hill (26th overall pick out of nowhere) for Kawhi Leonard was one of the best trades in the NBA of the last 5 years.

Much props to Spurs GM (RC Buford) and Popovich on pulling the trigger and making the tough decision of trading a fan favorite and hard working player.

Spurs5Rings2014
10-12-2016, 10:39 AM

:cheers:

Paul George 24
10-12-2016, 10:56 AM
Spurs' transition into a Duncan-less team has been butter smooth... they went out and got LaMarcus Aldridge and Pau Gasol... who could ask for more

Replacing Parker will be the next big move. I was hoping Zach Lavine was on the Spurs' radar but I feel he's going to blow up and demand a high price sooner than later

And trading George Hill (26th overall pick out of nowhere) for Kawhi Leonard was one of the best trades in the NBA of the last 5 years.

Much props to Spurs GM (RC Buford) and Popovich on pulling the trigger and making the tough decision of trading a fan favorite and hard working player.
WHY U WANT A BLACKHOLE DEFFENDER TO REPLACE TONY ?????:facepalm

34-24 Footwork
10-12-2016, 11:37 AM
Pau is a completely horrible defender and rebounder.
He doesn't rotate, he doesn't box out and he is soft.
You will be furious at him all season.

Only realistic comment in this thread. Dont think people understand how much of a liability he is

Spurs m8
10-12-2016, 02:56 PM
people forget how Pop can get the best out his players by letting play to their strengths as well as asking to pull their weight.

When he retires , Spurs will be in a spiral.

Npe...last two post season eliminations have been on Pop tbh

Torch will get passed fine.

Harison
10-15-2016, 04:54 AM
As long as Spurs have Pop, they'll be fine. I'm pretty sure they are canvassing for post defender now, but Pop has to work with whatever he's got, even if its several offensive bigs like LMA and Pau.