PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce: "This generation isnt as hungry or competetive as mine"

FreezingTsmoove
10-13-2016, 11:55 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

What a ****ing clown m8s

Spurs m8
10-14-2016, 12:02 AM
He's kinda right, and players like Bron and KD do nothing but validate Pierce tbh

And the KD supporters still can't get a whiff of the problem with him leaving.

Study morals, ethics and competition, biatches

If ya can't beat them, join them....kinda works...if you have no shame and you're a weak f*ckwit who relies on others to get your own sh!t done.

Spurs m8
10-14-2016, 12:04 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

What a ****ing clown m8s

BTW, you are so f*cking shook

FreezingTsmoove
10-14-2016, 12:09 AM
BTW, you are so f*cking shook

Not shook just found it funny the OG colluder has a problem with colluding now that he wants another ring

plowking
10-14-2016, 12:59 AM
He's kinda right, and players like Bron and KD do nothing but validate Pierce tbh

If ya can't beat them, join them....kinda works...if you have no shame and you're a weak f*ckwit who relies on others to get your own sh!t done.

Pierce was the one that started the craze. Bron is far more a competitor than Pierce ever was. Pierce didn't do diddly squat before joining up with KG and Ray. Same with KD.

PP34Deuce
10-14-2016, 01:00 AM
Pierce talked about his time in Washington and how he felt Otto wall and Beal weren't working as hard as they should.

Paul also stated players that under 30 take more and more maintenance days. Older generation practiced more and played through injuries.

plowking
10-14-2016, 01:04 AM
Pierce talked about his time in Washington and how he felt Otto wall and Beal weren't working as hard as they should.

Paul also stated players that under 30 take more and more maintenance days. Older generation practiced more and played through injuries.

So now he is blaming players for being smarter too?

Bankaii
10-14-2016, 01:07 AM

Which is why players like himself, KG, Kobe, etc were absolutely useless in their latter years.
While players who had maintaince, like Duncan, were impactful til retirement.

FreezingTsmoove
10-14-2016, 01:11 AM
Pierce was the one that started the craze. Bron is far more a competitor than Pierce ever was. Pierce didn't do diddly squat before joining up with KG and Ray. Same with KD.

Yup. Its not like the series were even close. Pierce and them boys were absolutely mopping the floor with Wade and Lebron. I dont blame them for collusion

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2016, 07:30 AM
Not shook just found it funny the OG colluder has a problem with colluding now that he wants another ring

How many times must you people be corrected on this BS? The Celtics traded to bring in Ray Allen and traded to bring in Kevin Garnett. Pierce was already on the team. This is "collusion?" You people either just don't know what you're talking about or are being deliberately deceptive.

Uncle Drew
10-14-2016, 07:41 AM
MeltingTsmoove in full force.

ralph_i_el
10-14-2016, 07:48 AM
Time to put this dude back in his wheelchair :roll:

CelticBaller
10-14-2016, 08:55 AM
How many times must you people be corrected on this BS? The Celtics traded to bring in Ray Allen and traded to bring in Kevin Garnett. Pierce was already on the team. This is "collusion?" You people either just don't know what you're talking about or are being deliberately deceptive.
They're tools, don't ever bother with them

Pierce got them mind****ed

Dragonyeuw
10-14-2016, 09:14 AM

Not only that, but those guys were all 10 year vets on the wrong side of 30 when those two were traded and clearly on teams going nowhere. Way different from players joining forces right in their mid 20's with other top 3 talents in their prime. Durant joining a 2 time defending MVP, 2nd best shooter in the league, and one of the best all-around players all 28 and under, and a year off a championship? Beta personified, and I say that as a KD fan. But that was a bitch move.

jrjim
10-14-2016, 09:23 AM

LOL. His team completely outclassed every other team talent wise in the East for 3 years until Miami happened. How's that for competitive?

CelticBaller
10-14-2016, 09:31 AM
LOL. His team completely outclassed every other team talent wise in the East for 3 years until Miami happened. How's that for competitive?
Lmao talk about revisionist history

I remember how they were considered to be fodder when the 37 win Hawks took them to 7 games, or when they were pushed to several OTs and 7 games by the inexperienced Bulls the year after, and how they were thought to be finished during the 2010 season

You clearly must had started watching basketball after the decision, Celtics were far from dominant

jlip
10-14-2016, 09:47 AM
Time to put this dude back in his wheelchair :roll:

ISH is very slow today. With the amount of trolling that takes place on this board I was certain we would have seen either the wheelchair gif or the one with him being carried off of the court by now.

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2016, 10:11 AM
I'm sorry, was he supposed to demand a trade? You aren't making a real point here.

PP34Deuce
10-14-2016, 10:29 AM
It's an era's discussion.

I'm 30. So I think I naturally side with Pierce, Kobe, Tmac, and all of them because I grew up copying their basketball moves and court work.

People comment on the Celtics, but those guys didn't even want to play together initially. KG was against being traded to Boston. It took Ray Allen coming where they saw how the pieces would fit.

Players are much more buddy buddy during games and I think Kobe, Tmac, and Pierce think that's lack of competitive drive.

People talk about Lebron but as much as Lebron was friends off the court with Durant, He really stepped his game up when defending him.

PP34Deuce
10-14-2016, 10:34 AM

I remember how they were considered to be fodder when the 37 win Hawks took them to 7 games, or when they were pushed to several OTs and 7 games by the inexperienced Bulls the year after, and how they were thought to be finished during the 2010 season

You clearly must had started watching basketball after the decision, Celtics were far from dominant

That Boston team was playoff built. They weren't front runners at all. they didn't have the offensive fire power to do what golden State did.

KG couldn't explode for 20 plus at this time.
Ray giving you 17-18PPG was a great night
Paul was the only guy who could give us a consistent 22-24 PPG and even then after 2009, it became scarce.

What they did have was a dangerous execution because they all were great mid range shooters with 2 guys that could hit contested 3's. PP could draw fouls or finish, Ray hit 3's, and KG could get in the post and get his shot off on anybody.

jrjim
10-14-2016, 10:36 AM

And the Heat went to 7 games twice in the Eastern Conference against markedly less talented teams. So what? Celtics still had, clearly, the largest collection of talent in the East (and league, save for the Lakers)

jrjim
10-14-2016, 10:37 AM
I'm sorry, was he supposed to demand a trade? You aren't making a real point here.

Talking chit about people joining up when he/KG/Allen started the trend is hypocritical

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2016, 10:42 AM
Talking chit about people joining up when he/KG/Allen started the trend is hypocritical
Are you capable of understanding the difference between players being traded and players using free agency to change teams?

Dray n Klay
10-14-2016, 10:42 AM
LOL coming from the biggest colluder of the modern era

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2016, 10:47 AM
LOL coming from the biggest colluder of the modern eraSomeone apparently didn't notice that this argument has been destroyed. I thought you trolls normally would make a new thread in cases like this to spout your tired bs.

Dray n Klay
10-14-2016, 10:50 AM
Are you capable of understanding the difference between players being traded and players using free agency to change teams?

So you agree LeBron was traded to the Heat in 2010? And didn't join as a FA?

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/7/10/1563131/lebron-james-sign-and-trade-miami-heat-cleveland-cavs-terms

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2016, 10:54 AM
So you agree LeBron was traded to the Heat in 2010? And didn't join as a FA?

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/7/10/1563131/lebron-james-sign-and-trade-miami-heat-cleveland-cavs-terms
Do you know what "sign and trade" means? Your attempt to revise history is idiotic.

Dray n Klay
10-14-2016, 10:56 AM
Do you know what "sign and trade" means? Your attempt to revise history is idiotic.

All I know is that the Cavs blindsided LeBron by trading him without his consent to the Heat.

So LeBron was just another player being traded against his wishes.

What does this have to do with Pierce begging KG and Ray Allen to join him??

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2016, 10:58 AM
All I know is that the Cavs blindsided LeBron by trading him without his consent to the Heat.

So LeBron was just another player being traded against his wishes.

What does this have to do with Pierce begging KG and Ray Allen to join him??
You're a lying moron and fooling no one. This ban is overdue.

CelticBaller
10-14-2016, 11:02 AM
And the Heat went to 7 games twice in the Eastern Conference against markedly less talented teams. So what? Celtics still had, clearly, the largest collection of talent in the East (and league, save for the Lakers)
against the 49 win Pacers, and the .59 win % Celtics

Talk about reach

Dragonyeuw
10-14-2016, 11:46 AM

That team got taken to 7 game series in 2008( Hawks first round, Cavs second round), and 2009 (Bulls first round, lost to Magic in second). That's 'outclassing'? Outclassing would be blowing through the east with only a few playoff losses. They were taken to the extreme by teams that had no business doing so on multiple occasions.

Funktion
10-14-2016, 11:46 AM
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17791965&sf38872498=1

MiseryCityTexas
10-14-2016, 12:28 PM

Pierce didn't have to betray his franchise that drafted him just to get it though.:oldlol: Ainge saw him struggling, so he helped him out by getting Allen and KG.

Wally450
10-14-2016, 12:46 PM
Pierce didn't have to betray his franchise that drafted him just to get it though.:oldlol: Ainge saw him struggling, so he helped him out by getting Allen and KG.

Not only that, those guys weren't 25-26, Pierce, Ray & KG were pushing 30 and on the downside of their prime.

Dragonyeuw
10-14-2016, 12:57 PM
Not only that, those guys weren't 25-26, Pierce, Ray & KG were pushing 30 and on the downside of their prime.

KG was 32 and Ray 33 when they won the title in 2008, they were well past the '30' plateau. Pierce was the youngest in his 31st year, all three were clearly on the back nine of their careers.

FreezingTsmoove
10-14-2016, 01:05 PM
Someone apparently didn't notice that this argument has been destroyed. I thought you trolls normally would make a new thread in cases like this to spout your tired bs.

No ****ing argument has been destroyed :lol in fact you only made it worse

You have to be a real ****ing stan to not think Pierce and em colluded bro. Take off the stan glasses. Dude ruined the league

dazzer87
10-14-2016, 01:18 PM
Damn everyone taking a sh!t on FT35 now...........:roll: :roll: :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2016, 01:23 PM
No ****ing argument has been destroyed :lol in fact you only made it worse

You have to be a real ****ing stan to not think Pierce and em colluded bro. Take off the stan glasses. Dude ruined the leagueThis is just dumb. Who makes trades, players or management? And who is the president of the Celtics, Paul Pierce or Danny Ainge? At some point facts and reality have to matter.

Vancouver-Grizz
10-14-2016, 01:27 PM
Here is the thing. They may not be on the same team but respect your peer's decisions on free agencies and contract signings.

Criticize they way they play ball but not on personal life and money matters. It is his right even though people may not agree with it but there are factors that he may not tell people.

Maybe his relationship with the team has never been on a high note, maybe he was getting tired of living in OKC, maybe his loved ones wants him to move out to the west coast, we just don't know. Paul never won anything until Garnett and Allen got traded to his team. If they never got traded and Pierce never won a championship, would his comments even matter? Lillard has the same mentality and there will be a time when he is not winning and will want out. Not a lot of of other all-stars will line up to play with Lillard knowing he is not gonna give up anything as the primary star of the Blazers.

At the end of the day, playing for GSW brings joy to Durant and players, owners, coaches, and fans should respect that. Durant owes nobody nothing.

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2016, 01:45 PM
Here is the thing. They may not be on the same team but respect your peer's decisions on free agencies and contract signings.

Criticize they way they play ball but not on personal life and money matters. It is his right even though people may not agree with it but there are factors that he may not tell people.

Maybe his relationship with the team has never been on a high note, maybe he was getting tired of living in OKC, maybe his loved ones wants him to move out to the west coast, we just don't know. Paul never won anything until Garnett and Allen got traded to his team. If they never got traded and Pierce never won a championship, would his comments even matter? Lillard has the same mentality and there will be a time when he is not winning and will want out. Not a lot of of other all-stars will line up to play with Lillard knowing he is not gonna give up anything as the primary star of the Blazers.

At the end of the day, playing for GSW brings joy to Durant and players, owners, coaches, and fans should respect that. Durant owes nobody nothing.Durant certainly had the right to join the Warriors. And I don't think it makes him a bad person or anything extreme like that. But it is weird to see him not just leaving OKC but leaving OKC for the team that beat OKC. And it does make some of us question his desire to overcome his peers when he is joining a team that just set the record for regular season victories. If OKC had just come back with the same team as last year they would have been the favorite. And then he joins them? Eh...again, he's not a bad guy for it but as a fan of basketball I wish he had either stayed in OKC or at least joined a team that wasn't already the best in the league.

bizil
10-14-2016, 02:50 PM
For starters, Danny Ainge MADE TRADES to get KG and Ray Allen!!! He didn't sign them through free agency! Secondly, the Celtics, Sonics, and Wolves WERE REGRESSING!! Those franchises weren't going anywhere. All three were in their 30's and wanted to win in their remaining prime years.

In the case of the Miami Big 3, the Heat, Cavs, and Toronto were REGRESSING! Those teams weren't gonna win a ring ANYTIME SOON! Bron tried to get Bosh to come to Cleveland. Bosh said NO come join us in Miami! So ONCE AGAIN three stars from REGRESSING TEAMS came together TO FORM their own Big Three.

The case of Durant is WAY DIFFERENT!! OKC had GS on the ropes 3-1. GS was the defending NBA champ and broke the regular season wins record. This was going to be THE RIVALRY for Western Conference supremacy going forward! OKC BLEW their chance and KD came up short with his performance.

If MJ was able to NO WAY would he join the Pistons. If Bird was able to join the Lakers or Sixers NO WAY would he join! If Doc or Magic could have joined the Celtics THEY WOULDN'T have done it! So I agree with Pierce. I don't have a problem with KD leaving OKC at all. But going to GS was unprecedented! What KD did has NEVER BEEN DONE by an American sports superstar!

Vancouver-Grizz
10-14-2016, 02:56 PM
For starters, Danny Ainge MADE TRADES to get KG and Ray Allen!!! He didn't sign them through free agency! Secondly, the Celtics, Sonics, and Wolves WERE REGRESSING!! Those franchises weren't going anywhere. All three were in their 30's and wanted to win in their remaining prime years.

In the case of the Miami Big 3, the Heat, Cavs, and Toronto were REGRESSING! Those teams weren't gonna win a ring ANYTIME SOON! Bron tried to get Bosh to come to Cleveland. Bosh said NO come join us in Miami! So ONCE AGAIN three stars from REGRESSING TEAMS came together TO FORM their own Big Three.

Please...

stop using the word REGRESSING. At the end of the day Toronto, Cleveland, and OKC didn't win a championship. Cleveland made it to the NBA finals as well so don't give me that SH!T.

Toronto didn't regress, they simply never progressed.

bizil
10-14-2016, 03:14 PM
Please...

stop using the word REGRESSING. At the end of the day Toronto, Cleveland, and OKC didn't win a championship. Cleveland made it to the NBA finals as well so don't give me that SH!T.

Toronto didn't regress, they simply never progressed.

But FROM THERE, Boston was KICKING BRON'S ASS in the playoffs!! And Bron getting the Cleveland team to the Finals early in his career was A MIRACLE!!! That was an outlier! So YES the Cavs were regressing BITCH!! The Heat won a ring 2006 BUT weren't close to winning again BEFORE the Big Three formed. SO THEY WERE REGRESSING too BITCH!

In the case of Toronto, Sam Mitchell was coach of the year in 2006-2007. They were a team on the rise AS THE THIRD SEED in the East! Plus they won the Atlantic Division Title that year! But over the next couple of years THEY FELL OFF and weren't even making the playoffs. SO YES BITCH Toronto was regressing too! So u got SLAYED in this debate! Don't come at me AGAIN or the same SHIT will HAPPEN! I learn a lot from students of the game on this site. BUT U aren't one of them!!!

Dragonyeuw
10-14-2016, 03:23 PM

I'd say Miami had regressed if you look at where they were in 2006, champs, and in 2010 as first round fodder. That's regression. The Cavs in 2009 and 2010, despite falling short, were better than they ever were asides from the early 90's team with Price/Daugherty/Hot Rod/Ehlo/Nance etc. They were, at worst, a second round/ECF team. They've never been more than that asides from 2007 when they made the finals in an East in transition( the Heat and Pistons on their last legs as contenders). The Raptors were never anything more than a middle of the road eastern team, even in Vince Carter's glory years. They were never at a level where they could be considered to have 'regressed' by 2010 because they've never been above 'decent' at their very best, even the year they got a top seed. Bosh missed 12 games, Hedo missed 13. A few wins with them healthy and they're a 7th or 8th seed.

bizil
10-14-2016, 03:35 PM
I'd say Miami had regressed if you look at where they were in 2006, champs, and in 2010 as first round fodder. That's regression. The Cavs in 2009 and 2010, despite falling short, were better than they ever were asides from the early 90's team with Price/Daugherty/Hot Rod/Ehlo/Nance etc. They were, at worst, a second round/ECF team. They've never been more than that asides from 2007 when they made the finals in an East in transition( the Heat and Pistons on their last legs as contenders). The Raptors were never anything more than a middle of the road eastern team, even in Vince Carter's glory years. They were never at a level where they could be considered to have 'regressed' by 2010 because they've never been above 'decent' at their very best, even the year they got a top seed. Bosh missed 12 games, Hedo missed 13. A few wins with them healthy and they're a 7th or 8th seed.

In my post, I said Miami had regressed! The Cavs MADE THE FINALS in 2006! My point was THEY WEREN'T ANYWHERE CLOSE to winning a ring BY THE TIME Bron LEFT! The East had gotten TOUGHER since 2006! With the Boston Big Three forming in particular!

Toronto WON the Atlantic Division crown in 2007! Sam Mitchell was Coach of the year! They were THIRD SEED in the East! But over the next couple of seasons, THEY WEREN'T MAKING THE PLAYOFFS! That's REGRESSION! When are some of you people going to understand! There are DIFFERENT LEVELS of regression! Those teams weren't REACHING THE HEIGHTS they had previously reached! And THEY weren't going to win rings staying how they were. That's why Bron and Bosh HAD TO BOUNCE!

LostCause
10-14-2016, 03:36 PM

This was hilarious :roll:

Dragonyeuw
10-14-2016, 03:45 PM
In my post, I said Miami had regressed! The Cavs MADE THE FINALS in 2006! My point was THEY WEREN'T ANYWHERE CLOSE to winning a ring BY THE TIME Bron LEFT! The East had gotten TOUGHER since 2006! With the Boston Big Three forming in particular!

Toronto WON the Atlantic Division crown in 2007! Sam Mitchelll was Coach of the year! They were THIRD SEED in the East! But over the next couple of seasons, THEY WEREN'T MAKING THE PLAYOFFS! That's REGRESSION! When are some of you people going to understand! There are DIFFERENT LEVELS of regression!

Of course there are. My point is that neither of those teams had much to regress from. Toronto, asides from 2007 which I said, were never that good. They either missed the playoffs or made it and got bounced early. I mean hell, they got the third seed with 47 wins. That's the same year Cleveland makes the finals. Doesn't that alone say something? They were 'good' in a bad year. Beyond that, they were exactly what they were before, a middle of the road team. Its not so much that they regressed, as the East actually normalized with some better competition after Miami and Detroit dropped off. They made the playoff in 2008,won 33 games in 2009, and won 40 games in 2010 with Bosh missing 12 games. They actually improved in 2010 from 2009. That's not regression. If Bosh and Turk don't lose double digit games to injuries, if they win even half of those games they're in the playoffs. The only thing that happened was Boston, Orlando, and Chicago ascended, which returned the way of things back to their natural state: Toronto as a team teetering between missing the playoffs and first round fodder. They have no sustained history of excellence to 'regress' from asides a single year that was pretty much an outlier.

Cleveland were winning 60 games in 2009 and 2010, and ran into bad matchups with Orlando and Boston. No other team in the eastern conference those years would have beat them. They were a team that Lebron willed to, at worst, the second round. They probably don't even make the finals in 2007 if the Pistons had Ben Wallace. So again, what did Cleveland regress from?

bizil
10-14-2016, 04:10 PM
Of course there are. My point is that neither of those teams had much to regress from. Toronto, asides from 2007 which I said, were never that good. They either missed the playoffs or made it and got bounced early. I mean hell, they got the third seed with 47 wins. That's the same year Cleveland makes the finals. Doesn't that alone say something? They were 'good' in a bad year. Beyond that, they were exactly what they were before, a middle of the road team. Its not so much that they regressed, as the East actually normalized with some better competition after Miami and Detroit dropped off. They made the playoff in 2008,won 33 games in 2009, and won 40 games in 2010 with Bosh missing 12 games. They actually improved in 2010 from 2009. That's not regression. If Bosh and Turk don't lose double digit games to injuries, if they win even half of those games they're in the playoffs.

Cleveland were winning 60 games in 2009 and 2010, and ran into bad matchups with Orlando and Boston. No other team in the eastern conference those years would have beat them. They were a team that Lebron willed to, at worst, the second round. They probably don't even make the finals in 2007 if the Pistons had Ben Wallace. So again, what did Cleveland regress from?

When I'm talking REGRESSION, I'm talking about the outlook of the franchise (FOR WHATEVER REASON) doesn't look as promising as it did before. When the Cavs lost to Boston in 2010, they were ALREADY saying is this Bron's LAST GAME with Cleveland. BECAUSE their outlook for the future didn't seem as bright! That's REGRESSION! They made the Finals in 2006 and DIDN'T put the pieces in place to SATISFY Bron going forward!

It's better to leave something BEFORE it really gets a lot worse! Bron didn't have faith in the Cavs front office! This type of regression is MORE SUBTLE than what the Heat went through! If Bron thought the Cavs future was SO GREAT he would have stayed around!

In the case of Toronto, if you are an Atlantic Division Champ one year AND DON'T even make the playoffs soon after than, YOU HAVE REGRESSED! Due to health, the franchise had taken some steps back. But even when they got guys healthy again, THEIR OUTLOOK FOR THE FUTURE wasn't as bright! Which means they've REGRESSED!

Dragonyeuw
10-14-2016, 04:23 PM
When I'm talking REGRESSION, I'm talking about the outlook of the franchise (FOR WHATEVER REASON) doesn't look as promising as it did before. When the Cavs lost to Boston in 2010, they were ALREADY saying is this Bron's LAST GAME with Cleveland. BECAUSE their outlook for the future didn't seem as bright! That's REGRESSION! They made the Finals in 2006 and DIDN'T put the pieces in place to SATISFY Bron going forward!

It's better to leave something BEFORE it really gets a lot worse! Bron didn't have faith in the Cavs front office! This type of regression is MORE SUBTLE than what the Heat went through! If Bron thought the Cavs future was SO GREAT he would have stayed around!

In the case of Toronto, if you are an Atlantic Division Champ one year AND DON'T even make the playoffs soon after than, YOU HAVE REGRESSED! Due to health, the franchise had taken some steps back. But even when they got guys healthy again, THEIR OUTLOOK FOR THE FUTURE wasn't as bright! Which means they've REGRESSED!

I know why Lebron left. He couldn't see himself, with the pieces around him, getting past Boston and Orlando. But, if the reports are true that Wade, Lebron and Bosh were talking about joining up in free agency as far back as 2008, this was before the Cavs lost in the playoffs in 2009 and 2010. This was before Toronto's outlook became bleak, as you infer. So we're not talking about people who got to 2010 and said ehh f**k it, I'm out. We're talking about people who were considering playing together IN SPITE of what would occur in the following seasons. What happens if Cleveland won the title in either 2009 or 2010? Does Lebron still leave? What if Toronto was a high seed again in 2010. Does Bosh leave?

Again, Toronto was a third seed in a weak year. 47 wins is absolutely pathetic to be a third seed. So you're arguing that Toronto regressed from being 'good' in an extremely weak year. They won 33 games in 2009. They won 40 in 2010 and likely make the playoffs if Bosh and Hedo don't miss double digit games, considering they were 2 games out of the 8th seed. Who's to say with health and a decent free agent pickup they're not right back up to their lofty 47 win standard? Was Bosh running out of time at 26 years old?

bizil
10-14-2016, 04:31 PM
I know why Lebron left. He couldn't see himself, with the pieces around him, getting past Boston and Orlando. But, if the reports are true that Wade, Lebron and Bosh were talking about joining up in free agency as far back as 2008, this was before the Cavs lost in the playoffs in 2009 and 2010. This was before Toronto's outlook became bleak, as you infer. So we're not talking about people who got to 2010 and said ehh f**k it, I'm out. We're talking about people who were considering playing together IN SPITE of what would occur in the following seasons. What happens if Cleveland won the title in either 2009 or 2010? Does Lebron still leave? What if Toronto was a high seed again in 2010. Does Bosh leave?

Again, Toronto was a third seed in a weak year. 47 wins is absolutely pathetic to be a third seed. So you're arguing that Toronto regressed from being 'good' in an extremely weak year. They won 33 games in 2009. They won 40 in 2010 and likely make the playoffs if Bosh and Hedo don't miss double digit games, considering they were 2 games out of the 8th seed. Who's to say with health and a decent free agent pickup they're not right back up to their lofty 47 win standard? Was Bosh running out of time at 26 years old?

Bron, Wade, and Bosh were talking about AN INSURANCE POLICY if it came down to it. Which was SMART on their part. There are different levels and forms of regression. I'm gonna leave it at that! If u asked Bosh and Bron if their teams had regressed in some form or fashion, they would say YES! Some playoff losses are more impactful than others. Some front office decisions are more impactful than others. THESE THINGS shape a player's perception of where a franchise is headed.

Lebron23
10-14-2016, 04:32 PM
Only reason you won an NBA title is because you played with Garnett and Allen. Before 2007-08 you only won a few playoffs series.

Pierce is a hall of famer, but he's the one who started this trend.

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2016, 04:38 PM
Only reason you won an NBA title is because you played with Garnett and Allen. Before 2007-08 you only won a few playoffs series.

How? By not demanding a trade? The "trend" is superstars joining together via free agency. I am not going to say it makes guys like James and KD bad people but the fact is that that's not how the Cs were put together.

Dragonyeuw
10-14-2016, 04:46 PM
Bron, Wade, and Bosh were talking about AN INSURANCE POLICY if it came down to it. Which was SMART on their part. There are different levels and forms of regression. I'm gonna leave it at that! If u asked Bosh and Bron if their teams had regressed in some form or fashion, they would say YES! Some playoff losses are more impactful than others. Some front office decisions are more impactful than others. THESE THINGS shape a player's perception of where a franchise is headed.

It doesn't matter how you choose to frame it, as an insurance policy or whatever the case may be, or whatever 'behind the scenes' issues that guided their decisions. In terms of how all of that shit played out on court, they were as 'good' as they ever were. Toronto in 2010 was a mediocre team when Bosh left. Guess what, they always have been. 47 wins in a weak conference for a team that normally won 30-40 before, and after, when the state of the conference was better, isn't regression. It's welcome back to reality. The Cavs were never better than they were with Lebron by 2010. Now did he not have the help to win it all? No. But as far as TEAM RESULTS, there was no regression.

bizil
10-14-2016, 04:55 PM
It doesn't matter how you choose to frame it, as an insurance policy or whatever the case may be, or whatever 'behind the scenes' issues that guided their decisions. In terms of how all of that shit played out on court, they were as 'good' as they ever were. Toronto in 2010 was a mediocre team when Bosh left. Guess what, they always have been. 47 wins in a weak conference for a team that normally won 30-40 before, and after, when the state of the conference was better, isn't regression. It's welcome back to reality. The Cavs were never better than they were with Lebron by 2010. Now did he not have the help to win it all? No. But as far as TEAM RESULTS, there was no regression.

U DON'T GET IT!!! **** the regular season!!! Bron and the Cavs made the Finals in 2006!!! They NEVER MADE IT BACK!!! What did they do in THE PLAYOFFS??? They never made it back to the Finals in Bron's FIRST GO AROUND with the Cavs! They went from being seen as future kings of the East to a franchise that seemed a bit in disarray! That is a form of REGRESSION!! Fair or not fair, the bar WAS SET once Bron and Cavs made the Finals in 2006. In 2010, he PROBABLY FELT the Cavs weren't as close to a ring as they were before at various points.

If u asked Bron WHY HE LEFT THE CAVS, he would probably say initially he thought they had a great thing going. BUT AT SOME POINT, the franchise didn't seem like they were headed in the direction he wanted. AS A MATTER OF FACT, it seems like they may be taking a step back. The Boston series HAMMERED that point HOME!! So I'm GOING to explore my options!!!

When I used regresssion in my earlier posts, I MEANT it as a number of different things!

Lebron23
10-14-2016, 04:55 PM
How? By not demanding a trade? The "trend" is superstars joining together via free agency. I am not going to say it makes guys like James and KD bad people but the fact is that that's not how the Cs were put together.

Lebron and also Durant did the right thing. They are both free agents. And if KD fails to win another NBA title. It's his own fault. Lebron already won an NBA title with two different "super teams."

At the end of the day you will win if you play at your best, and be the leader of that team.

Dragonyeuw
10-14-2016, 05:27 PM
U DON'T GET IT!!! **** the regular season!!! Bron and the Cavs made the Finals in 2006!!! They NEVER MADE IT BACK!!! What did they do in THE PLAYOFFS??? They never made it back to the Finals in Bron's FIRST GO AROUND with the Cavs! They went from being seen as future kings of the East to a franchise that seemed a bit in disarray! That is a form of REGRESSION!! Fair or not fair, the bar WAS SET once Bron and Cavs made the Finals in 2006. In 2010, he PROBABLY FELT the Cavs weren't as close to a ring as they were before at various points.

If u asked Bron WHY HE LEFT THE CAVS, he would probably say initially he thought they had a great thing going. BUT AT SOME POINT, the franchise didn't seem like they were headed in the direction he wanted. AS A MATTER OF FACT, it seems like they may be taking a step back. The Boston series HAMMERED that point HOME!! So I'm GOING to explore my options!!!

When I used regresssion in my earlier posts, I MEANT it as a number of different things!

I get it fine. What you dont get is you're judging the Cavs and Raptors team results regression on one year, 2007, in which neither team would do what it did in any other year. The 2007 Cavs wouldnt sniff the finals in any other year. Theyre one of the worst teams to make the finals. So what you call as regression from a team results standpoint.... really wasnt. The East simply stopped being complete shit after 2008. Thats the difference between Toronto being a 47 win team in 2007, and a 40 win team in 2010. So when you say regression, without going into all this arbitrary 'behind the scenes' stuff that you're expanding on in recent posts, the most logical response would be 'regress from what?!'

The Cavs in 2009 and 2010, even heading 'the wrong direction', are better than the 2007 Cavs by far. The problem was, so was the eastern conference. So you cant say 'yeah they regressed because they made the finals in 2007 and never again!!!!' Without applying the context that they were the least shitty team in a shitty conference that year. Now if you want to go into the behind the scenes 'regression' ok fair enough. I get you. We're all privy to the same stories and reports as to why Lebron left. But lets be clear that for whatever was going on that made him think the team wasnt heading the right way, the team he left behind was way better than the shit he dragged to the finals.

fourkicks44
10-14-2016, 06:41 PM

:roll:

Roasted.

bizil
10-14-2016, 06:45 PM
I get it fine. What you dont get is you're judging the Cavs and Raptors team results regression on one year, 2007, in which neither team would do what it did in any other year. The 2007 Cavs wouldnt sniff the finals in any other year. Theyre one of the worst teams to make the finals. So what you call as regression from a team results standpoint.... really wasnt. The East simply stopped being complete shit after 2008. Thats the difference between Toronto being a 47 win team in 2007, and a 40 win team in 2010. So when you say regression, without going into all this arbitrary 'behind the scenes' stuff that you're expanding on in recent posts, the most logical response would be 'regress from what?!'

The Cavs in 2009 and 2010, even heading 'the wrong direction', are better than the 2007 Cavs by far. The problem was, so was the eastern conference. So you cant say 'yeah they regressed because they made the finals in 2007 and never again!!!!' Without applying the context that they were the least shitty team in a shitty conference that year. Now if you want to go into the behind the scenes 'regression' ok fair enough. I get you. We're all privy to the same stories and reports as to why Lebron left. But lets be clear that for whatever was going on that made him think the team wasnt heading the right way, the team he left behind was way better than the shit he dragged to the finals.

When I'm talking REGRESSING, I'm taking about the POTENTIAL of the team moving forward. For Bron, it was ALL ABOUT rings for such an iconic player. Cleveland got an early dose of the Finals. And from there had great regular seasons. And improved the roster. During these days, THEY WERE SEEN as the future of the East. The outlook LOOKED GREAT!

BUT GUESS WHAT??? Other players and teams get better too!!! So once teams like Boston and Orlando pop up, and Cleveland DOESN'T MAKE ANY SIGNIFICANT MOVES, their POTENTIAL for the future REGRESSES! So even though they had great regular season success, other teams made POWER MOVES in the EAST to leap frog them. It's about being seen as a title threat and having a bright future. U don't have to win a ring EVERY YEAR or anything like that.

The Cavs SIMPLY didn't seem to have as bright of future in this regard in 2010. In the past, THE FUTURE seemed brighter. If Bron stuck around the Cavs, he still could have won rings EVENTUALLY. BUT at the time he left, they were better options out there. AND more stable franchises to BOOT! There was considerable roster and coaching turnover in Cleveland during his first run.

bdreason
10-14-2016, 06:56 PM
Nobody gave a shit about Paul Pierce until KG saved his career. Now he's talking shit while ring-chasing on the Clippers? :facepalm

Spurs m8
10-14-2016, 07:22 PM
His comments set off Draymond hahja

Warriors are all melting down but trying to play it cool.

So good ahaha

bluechox2
10-14-2016, 07:51 PM
kd so weak that hes got his teamates up in arms to protect is weak ass move

Dragonyeuw
10-14-2016, 08:05 PM
When I'm talking REGRESSING, I'm taking about the POTENTIAL of the team moving forward. For Bron, it was ALL ABOUT rings for such an iconic player. Cleveland got an early dose of the Finals. And from there had great regular seasons. And improved the roster. During these days, THEY WERE SEEN as the future of the East. The outlook LOOKED GREAT!

BUT GUESS WHAT??? Other players and teams get better too!!! So once teams like Boston and Orlando pop up, and Cleveland DOESN'T MAKE ANY SIGNIFICANT MOVES, their POTENTIAL for the future REGRESSES! So even though they had great regular season success, other teams made POWER MOVES in the EAST to leap frog them. It's about being seen as a title threat and having a bright future. U don't have to win a ring EVERY YEAR or anything like that.

The Cavs SIMPLY didn't seem to have as bright of future in this regard in 2010. In the past, THE FUTURE seemed brighter. If Bron stuck around the Cavs, he still could have won rings EVENTUALLY. BUT at the time he left, they were better options out there. AND more stable franchises to BOOT! There was considerable roster and coaching turnover in Cleveland during his first run.
Jesus dude,is there any other other ways you'd like to expand on what you mean by regression? I mean all of this to coming out after my first comment. I know what you are talking about, and I think you know what Im talking about as well.

So yes, bingo, the east stopped being shit. We agree on that. Cleveland didnt get worse, the competition got better. Now if you want to configure that into your ever expanding definition of what regress means, then by all means do so. The funny thing is, as far away as Lebron must have felt Cleveland was by 2010, they really werent in my opinion. That team was another very good player away from making the finals. Lebron probably felt the management didnt have the ability to get that player, and decided to bolt at 26. Id call that 'standing still' moreso than regression because to me, they didnt get worse. They just didnt get better when the other teams like Boston and Orlando did. But thats arguing definition semantics which really isnt that important. I think we understand our angles regardless of where we disagree.

CelticBaller
10-14-2016, 09:26 PM

Pierce got them close to a finals berth in the early 2000s

And what you said is dumb, didn't the lakers sign gary payton and karl malone like 4 years prior? So how did Pierce even star the trend?

Cold soul
10-14-2016, 09:42 PM
Pierce got them close to a finals berth in the early 2000s

And what you said is dumb, didn't the lakers sign gary payton and karl malone like 4 years prior? So how did Pierce even star the trend?

Well those players were close to retirement yeah they were ring chasing, but only had few years left. Malone and Gary Payton were shell of their formerselves.

Spurs m8
10-14-2016, 09:45 PM
KD's a weak dog, I just don't get what else there is to discuss on the issue tbh

No amount of twisting it can hide it.

FreezingTsmoove
10-15-2016, 12:47 AM
It just warms my heart to see LeStans complain about colluding :roll:

KirbyPls
10-15-2016, 03:45 AM

:applause:

KirbyPls
10-15-2016, 03:46 AM
Which is why players like himself, KG, Kobe, etc were absolutely useless in their latter years.
While players who had maintaince, like Duncan, were impactful til retirement.

:applause:

KirbyPls
10-15-2016, 04:27 AM
Jesus dude,is there any other other ways you'd like to expand on what you mean by regression? I mean all of this to coming out after my first comment. I know what you are talking about, and I think you know what Im talking about as well.

So yes, bingo, the east stopped being shit. We agree on that. Cleveland didnt get worse, the competition got better. Now if you want to configure that into your ever expanding definition of what regress means, then by all means do so. The funny thing is, as far away as Lebron must have felt Cleveland was by 2010, they really werent in my opinion. That team was another very good player away from making the finals. Lebron probably felt the management didnt have the ability to get that player, and decided to bolt at 26. Id call that 'standing still' moreso than regression because to me, they didnt get worse. They just didnt get better when the other teams like Boston and Orlando did. But thats arguing definition semantics which really isnt that important. I think we understand our angles regardless of where we disagree.

I think you're a very good poster. I also like Bizil as well. :cheers: Good thread chaps.

Dragonyeuw
10-15-2016, 05:04 AM
I think you're a very good poster. I also like Bizil as well. :cheers: Good thread chaps.

Thanks dude, Bizils a very good poster as well in spite of our opinion differences on this one.

antonAC
10-15-2016, 06:09 AM
KD's a weak dog, I just don't get what else there is to discuss on the issue tbh

No amount of twisting it can hide it.

SA fans thinking they can join in with KD hate like the rest.

San Antonio are a championship winning team in 2014, don't win it in 2015 though still have the DPOY, and they add a 4 time all-star and all NBA second team selection in LaMarcus Aldridge!

yeah, Aldridge is not as high profile as Durant, but he's still in the absolute top echelons of the league (SI had him the number 12 ranked in 2015 and he's the 11th this season) and yes, the warriors team was able to follow their winning season up with another great year, but get off your high horse. if KD is a weak dog then so is Aldridge and Leonard for needing his help.

Spurs m8
10-15-2016, 06:48 AM

San Antonio are a championship winning team in 2014, don't win it in 2015 though still have the DPOY, and they add a 4 time all-star and all NBA second team selection in LaMarcus Aldridge!

yeah, Aldridge is not as high profile as Durant, but he's still in the absolute top echelons of the league (SI had him the number 12 ranked in 2015 and he's the 11th this season) and yes, the warriors team was able to follow their winning season up with another great year, but get off your high horse. if KD is a weak dog then so is Aldridge and Leonard for needing his help.

Aldridge isn't at KDs level and we hadn't just won 73 games and gone to game 7 of the finals.

He also didn't join a team with 3 current all stars all in their primes.

Leonard also wasn't texting Aldridge all season and during the playoffs to recruit him, like a weak dog.

Ethered.

Cheers

TheWinningFam
10-15-2016, 07:08 AM

https://pics.onsizzle.com/if-everyone-did-what-kd-did-celtics-bronfp-king-celtics-4268933.png

antonAC
10-15-2016, 09:36 AM
Aldridge isn't at KDs level and we hadn't just won 73 games and gone to game 7 of the finals.

He also didn't join a team with 3 current all stars all in their primes.

Leonard also wasn't texting Aldridge all season and during the playoffs to recruit him, like a weak dog.

Ethered.

Cheers

both teams were stacked championship contenders and both teams went after the best possible free agent. the GSW were better championship contenders but, as no ones tires of pointing out, they're still 2nd best team in the NBA right now and needed to make upgrades and the best free agent happened to be better this year than last.

Spurs were in for Durant too by the way, it's not like you guys didn't want him, you just didn't pitch as well and you were coming off a monster season as well.

kinda annoying all this doesn't play into the fantasy world where you build through the draft though.

D-Wait
10-15-2016, 11:21 AM
https://pics.onsizzle.com/if-everyone-did-what-kd-did-celtics-bronfp-king-celtics-4268933.png

:milton

bizil
10-15-2016, 04:02 PM
Thanks dude, Bizils a very good poster as well in spite of our opinion differences on this one.

You are a very good poster too! I like debating with knowledgeable posters! Nothing wrong with a healthy discussion about hoops!

SamuraiSWISH
10-15-2016, 05:23 PM
Lol what? You can't be this delusional or misinformed.

AirBonner
10-15-2016, 05:45 PM

:facepalm those Celtics teams were absolutely trash. They were past their prime. Not even close to LeBron and Durant collusions.

oarabbus
10-15-2016, 07:47 PM
Pierce is saying the same shit that crusty old Baby Boomers who are 57 and lived through the greatest economic boom in modern history say about today's 20- and 30-somethings who came straight out of the financial crisis :oldlol:

Dragonyeuw
10-16-2016, 09:30 AM
You are a very good poster too! I like debating with knowledgeable posters! Nothing wrong with a healthy discussion about hoops!
:cheers:

Hey Yo
10-16-2016, 10:25 AM
Not sure why Magic, Bird, Timmy, Kobe's pic is on there.

Magic won a title as a rookie, Bird beat LA before LA beat Boston, Timmy won one in 1999 which had nothing to do with Dallas the year before and the Lakers didn't even play the Spurs in the playoffs in 1998.

Right idea, but some wrong players included.

CuhGetsBucks
10-16-2016, 10:30 AM
Not sure why Magic, Bird, Timmy, Kobe's pic is on there.

Magic won a title as a rookie, Bird beat LA before LA beat Boston, Timmy won one in 1999 which had nothing to do with Dallas the year before and the Lakers didn't even play the Spurs in the playoffs in 1998.

Right idea, but some wrong players included.
I don't get the point you're trying to make lol

Hey Yo
10-16-2016, 10:50 AM
I don't get the point you're trying to make lol
Boston wasn't keeping Magic from winning his first title
LA wasn't keeping Bird
Dallas wasn't keeping Timmy
Spurs weren't keeping Kobe. It was only Kobe's 2nd year.

KD's still looking for his first title

CuhGetsBucks
10-16-2016, 10:55 AM
Boston wasn't keeping Magic from winning his first title
LA wasn't keeping Bird
Dallas wasn't keeping Timmy
Spurs weren't keeping Kobe. It was only Kobe's 2nd year.

KD's still looking for his first title
I think the picture was trying to say if every player joined their rival when times got tough, for every player pictured the team jersey they were wearing belonged to a team that gave a player trouble at least once.

This was the first time the Thunder and Warriors have met in the playoffs during the KD/Curry era so even if the picture had been 100% accurate in the way you were describing I think KD joining the Spurs would be a more proper scenario than the Warriors.

Jasper
10-17-2016, 09:44 AM

100% he was refering to the Warriors. (They got into the finals with a 3-1 lead and started bytching to ref's , bytching to the Cav's.

The CAv's put their heads down , and bulled right to a ring , with the desire of the Bulls from the 90's.
Pierce's statement reflected on the league , but the league was unable to be as physical as his era.
With more big men becoming relative in the league again , I expect some of that physicality to come back.
Warriors game has come exposed , and I give them 55% chance of winning a ring with their loaded team.
remember the Lakers, Houston teams loaded with Malone and pippen :confusedshrug:

Gatorade Sax
10-17-2016, 06:59 PM
100% he was refering to the Warriors. (They got into the finals with a 3-1 lead and started bytching to ref's , bytching to the Cav's.

The CAv's put their heads down , and bulled right to a ring , with the desire of the Bulls from the 90's.
Pierce's statement reflected on the league , but the league was unable to be as physical as his era.
With more big men becoming relative in the league again , I expect some of that physicality to come back.
Warriors game has come exposed , and I give them 55% chance of winning a ring with their loaded team.
remember the Lakers, Houston teams loaded with Malone and pippen :confusedshrug:

Yeah..but has any team been as loaded on paper as these W's? You're basically giving the same odds as the bookies for W's vs the field so you're not wrong with your %..just don't think it's an equal comparison.

eeeeeebro
10-18-2016, 01:53 PM
pierce rode ray allen and KG in the most lopsided Move in NBA history.. how does the worse team in NBA get KG AND RAY ALLEN CELTICS STARTED THE STACK ERRA

bdonovan
10-19-2016, 02:16 AM
It would surprise me more if an older player EVER said the next generation was more competitive/tougher than them and their generation.

bond10
10-19-2016, 01:15 PM
Pierce is saying the same shit that crusty old Baby Boomers who are 57 and lived through the greatest economic boom in modern history say about today's 20- and 30-somethings who came straight out of the financial crisis :oldlol:

This.

:cheers: