PDA

View Full Version : How is this not racism/illegal?

BigNBAfan
10-14-2016, 01:39 PM
I was reading an article this morning and came across this:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/14/news/economy/black-1-unstereotyped/index.html

[QUOTE]It's lonely in the Black 1%

It's one of the loneliest, most exclusive clubs in America.
Among the nation's wealthiest Americans -- known as the Top 1% -- only a very small percentage are black.

To gain membership into this elite group in 2013, it required a household net worth of nearly $7.9 million, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. And only 1.7% of those who met that mark are black.

Sheila Johnson is one of them. Johnson is the co-founder of Black Entertainment Television, chief executive of Salamander Hotels & Resorts and she owns a stake in three professional sports teams, including the NBA's Wizards, the NHL's Capitals and the WNBA's Mystics.

(...continued)

Eddie Brown, a Baltimore-based hotelier and chief executive of Brown Capital Management agrees. Brown and his wife Sylvia are also part of the 1% and seek to help other people of color get ahead through philanthropy and other initiatives.

Eddie and C. Sylvia Brown deliberatly try to hire black employees at their firm, Brown Capital Management.

Not only is the majority of the staff at Brown Capital black -- a choice that Brown said is deliberate -- but the couple's charitable foundation provides grants for education, art and health initiatives that help low-income people living in Baltimore.

"I think it's really incumbent upon [those of] us who have achieved some modicum of success to make it our business to mentor and to help uplift," Brown said. "It's a slow process. It's a gradual process, but we have to reach back, take someone by the hand, show them the way."

Brown also tries to stay connected to African Americans who haven't reached the elite 1%. Just a few minutes away from The Ivy Hotel, the Brown's lush Relais & Ch

ISHGoat
10-14-2016, 01:42 PM
How can he be racist? He's black.

Fundamentally, blacks are at the bottom of the "protected hierarchy" (unless he happens to be gay or some shit) and therefore cannot be racist. Blacks can say anything they want and discriminate against all those above them on the hierarchy, e.g., muslims, mexicans, asians, whites, etc.

How often do we see ghetto trash tweeting racist stuff about white cops, or white businessmen? Yet how many SJW crowds do we have calling for the person to be fired?

That was a trick question, cos the ghetto trash needs to have a job before they can be fired.

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2016, 01:51 PM

I think that it's great that he provides education and other resources to those in low income areas, but going out and only hiring blacks? Not every caucasion is born into the 1%, there are plenty living in similar and sometimes worse situations that are also looking to feed their family.

Shit like this turns my stomach...http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2718591.1469026598!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/interns21n-1-web.jpg
Feeling better?

BigNBAfan
10-14-2016, 01:52 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2718591.1469026598!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/interns21n-1-web.jpg
Feeling better?

Seeing how many people in the US are caucasion and how many are african american, a room full of caucasions does not surprise me...

And what does an image have to do with illegal hiring practice?

Go troll elsewhere.

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2016, 02:02 PM
Seeing how many people in the US are caucasion and how many are african american, a room full of caucasions does not surprise me...

And what does an image have to do with illegal hiring practice?Exactly what is illegal about their hiring practices? Specifically, what law are they breaking?

Go troll elsewhere.Oh, the irony.

Nick Young
10-14-2016, 02:06 PM
It is racism and technically it is illegal.

gigantes
10-14-2016, 02:07 PM
WTF...?

it's their godamn business; they get to hire who they want. more than that, they're running constructive outreach as well. that should tell you a lot about their intentions.

not to mention, i'm not aware of many black americans who had an easy time of it, creating startups and running businesses in the USA.

Nick Young
10-14-2016, 02:07 PM
not to mention, i'm not aware of many black americans who had an easy time of it, creating startups and running businesses in the USA.
The soft bigotry of low expectations.

hawks4life
10-14-2016, 02:16 PM
Exactly what is illegal about their hiring practices? Specifically, what law are they breaking?

Oh, the irony.

Would you have a different view if the company was owned by say, Donald trump. And he was open about hiring only white people?

I would personally feel the same about each scenario. Hire based on qualifications, not by your looks or who you know. This just adds to the divide in our country.

ISHGoat
10-14-2016, 02:20 PM
Would you have a different view if the company was owned by say, Donald trump. And he was open about hiring only white people?

I would personally feel the same about each scenario. Hire based on qualifications, not by your looks or who you know. This just adds to the divide in our country.

Don't worry, he wont answer this.

Leftists cannot answer this question, it makes their brains explode.

UK2K
10-14-2016, 02:27 PM
WTF...?

it's their godamn business; they get to hire who they want. more than that, they're running constructive outreach as well. that should tell you a lot about their intentions.

If I only hired white people, that would be racist.

Agree or no?

gigantes
10-14-2016, 02:35 PM
If I only hired white people, that would be racist.

Agree or no?
technically racist i guess, but the real issue that concerns me is how much damage is done by something like that.

qrich
10-14-2016, 02:38 PM
technically racist i guess, but the real issue that concerns me is how much damage is done by something like that.

So this is technically racist as well?

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2016, 02:44 PM

I would call it racist. But I never said there was no racial aspect. I just asked what laws are being broken. A question that went unanswered.

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2016, 02:46 PM
Don't worry, he wont answer this.

Leftists cannot answer this question, it makes their brains explode.
Except that I did answer which means you still have yet to make a point in your history off posting.

hawks4life
10-14-2016, 02:49 PM
Just curious. Are you against it in general? Ok wth it only if it supports a minority or what's the logic ? Is it ok because it's not breaking a law? I'm really just curious of your perspective. Not trolling.

ISHGoat
10-14-2016, 02:54 PM
Except that I did answer which means you still have yet to make a point in your history off posting.

Debating with leftist SJWs is a lose-lose battle since they do not process facts and logic.

There is a reason why STEMs make good money in life and usually are not caught up in whatever facebook advocacy group is trending, yet the liberal arts students fall for that shit every time.

gigantes
10-14-2016, 03:04 PM
So this is technically racist as well?
you mean the BET thing?

technically yes, but we're getting to the point where "racism" is an almost meaningless word at that point.

what damage is being done by something like that? that's what these things usually come down to for me because i have practical concerns, not shit-posting, political-point-making concerns like the Trumpets.

also, who here took notice of the community outreach being done? that kind of tells you a lot about their motives. was that part missed, or what...?

going out to late lunch. BBL.
(and by that i mean "big black lover" of course)

hawks4life
10-14-2016, 03:08 PM
you mean the BET thing?

technically yes, but we're getting to the point where "racism" is an almost meaningless word at that point.

what damage is being done by something like that? that's what these things usually come down to for me because i have practical concerns, not shit-posting, political-point-making concerns like the Trumpets.

also, who here took notice of the community outreach being done? that kind of tells you a lot about their motives. was that part missed, or what...?

I applaud them for giving back to the community. But doing 1 right doesn't make up for another wrong. The issue here is the hiring practices of this company. The owner seems like he wants to improve the community. He's just going about not in a racist way which is the issue. The double standard that he is ok doing it but turn the tables and a white owner would be the center point for every media outlet.

Do you not see how allowing this treatment to one race but not the others furthers the divide between the people.

ISHGoat
10-14-2016, 03:09 PM
you mean the BET thing?

The damage done is solely towards their own organization. They're simply not hiring based on who is most qualified, and their bottom line will suffer for it, unless being black is actually a competitive advantage, for example: their target market is predominantly black. Natural selection and competition will always restore things to the way they should be, unless governments offer bail outs and "incentives".

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2016, 03:57 PM
Techbically? Not breaking a law.. at least that I know of.

Just curious. Are you against it in general? Ok wth it only if it supports a minority or what's the logic ? Is it ok because it's not breaking a law? I'm really just curious of your perspective. Not trolling.
I'm ok with it in this instance. They aren't out there saying that black people are inherently better at the job or preaching hate against other races. Rather they act in the way that they are because black people have so few jobs in their field and they are trying to provide opportunity to correct that.

hawks4life
10-14-2016, 04:10 PM
I'm ok with it in this instance. They aren't out there saying that black people are inherently better at the job or preaching hate against other races. Rather they act in the way that they are because black people have so few jobs in their field and they are trying to provide opportunity to correct that.

Thanks for the perspective. So if a white guy did it, saying whites aren't better, just giving them the opportunity then you would be ok with it as well. I disagree with it, but that is at least consistent.

BigNBAfan
10-14-2016, 04:16 PM

What difference does it make if its directly vs indirectly leading to the same thing? Hiring blacks over whites due to race alone?

This is straight forward discrimination

Now lets see what the US equal opportunity commission says
(Source: https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/race_color.cfm)

Race/Color Discrimination

Race discrimination involves treating someone (an applicant or employee) unfavorably because he/she is of a certain race or because of personal characteristics associated with race (such as hair texture, skin color, or certain facial features). Color discrimination involves treating someone unfavorably because of skin color complexion.

Race/color discrimination also can involve treating someone unfavorably because the person is married to (or associated with) a person of a certain race or color.

Discrimination can occur when the victim and the person who inflicted the discrimination are the same race or color.

Race/Color Discrimination & Work Situations

The law forbids discrimination when it comes to any aspect of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignments, promotions, layoff, training, fringe benefits, and any other term or condition of employment.

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2016, 04:35 PM
What difference does it make if its directly vs indirectly leading to the same thing? Hiring blacks over whites due to race alone?
I was asked if I have a problem with it. Well, I would have a problem with it if I felt like their motivation was a hatred of other races. I don't have an issue with them giving a leg up to other black people in an effort to bring their fellow blacks up with everyone else. White people have been helping other whites forever and Asians have done that as well. It's not the best thing that everything is so racial but I see where they're coming from.

1manfastbreak
10-14-2016, 06:23 PM
I feel like this is getting taken out of context.

The article clearly says that they try to hire blacks, and that a majority of those who work at the firm are black.

Go into any wealth management firm and I bet you that a majority of the people who work there are white.

And from a business standpoint, what they are doing is pretty smart. If their goal is to manage the wealth of affluent blacks, then why not have a primarily black work force?

gigantes
10-14-2016, 08:27 PM
I applaud them for giving back to the community. But doing 1 right doesn't make up for another wrong. The issue here is the hiring practices of this company. The owner seems like he wants to improve the community. He's just going about not in a racist way which is the issue. The double standard that he is ok doing it but turn the tables and a white owner would be the center point for every media outlet.

Do you not see how allowing this treatment to one race but not the others furthers the divide between the people.
yeah well, that all fails to mention the fact that black americans have had a pretty shitty time of it historically at the hands of civilised america. that's called "context."

if the black americans in question were descended from just another immigration wave, then yeah... i'm sure i'd have more of a problem with the BET thing. but no, this is a people who still have problems getting a fair shake in the hiring process in the wake of jim crow laws being in place as recently as 50 years ago. because sometimes 50 years isn't very long when it comes to that kind of thing.

you mentioned "double standard" i believe...?

The damage done is solely towards their own organization. They're simply not hiring based on who is most qualified, and their bottom line will suffer for it, unless being black is actually a competitive advantage, for example: their target market is predominantly black. Natural selection and competition will always restore things to the way they should be, unless governments offer bail outs and "incentives".
agreed. in a situation like this, i'd prefer to just let the situation sort itself out. if they continue to have a lot of success with a mostly-black staff, then more power to them. if they shoot themselves in the foot, then it was of their own doing.

problem...?

gigantes
10-14-2016, 09:51 PM
so am i understanding the playbook correctly?

accuse others of racism
fail to show any law being broken
fail to show that other ethnicities can't get jobs at the org in question, i.e. racism
fail to understand the context that likely led to this situation
run away and start who knows how many new accusations
come off like the actual racist in the end

BigNBAfan
10-17-2016, 08:17 PM
so am i understanding the playbook correctly?

accuse others of racism
fail to show any law being broken
fail to show that other ethnicities can't get jobs at the org in question, i.e. racism
fail to understand the context that likely led to this situation
run away and start who knows how many new accusations
come off like the actual racist in the end

Post 23 moron

Cleverness
10-17-2016, 08:54 PM
Making a hiring decision based on race or age is illegal, even if it's done to make a work environment more diverse (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/06/AR2010010602614.html)

By Lily Garcia
Special to The Washington Post
Thursday, January 7, 2010; 12:00 AM
Hi, Lily. I work for a public organization. I love my job and my boss and the CEO. I have also served on several hiring committees. I have been told point blank by various levels of leadership that we have to hire non-white candidates. I was also told that we have to hire somebody younger than 42. Aren't these directives illegal? The last candidate that we hired was white and 42+ years old. I agree that we want a diverse workforce. How do we achieve that without engaging in illegal discrimination? Thank you.

It is a violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to make hiring decisions based upon race. Under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, meanwhile, it is illegal to discriminate against job applicants who are age 40 or older. Many state and local laws contain similar prohibitions.

One notable exception to these rules is the bona fide occupational qualification (or BFOQ). There may be circumstances under which the legitimate requirements of a job have the effect of excluding older applicants. Physically demanding jobs that require a certain level of strength or stamina are one example. Employers may also sometimes explicitly seek or exclude candidates based on such criteria as race. For instance, a theater company may have a casting call that is open only to black males based upon the role the incumbent will be hired to play. To protect an employer from liability for discrimination, BFOQs must be a matter of business necessity and not mere pretext.

A general desire for race or age diversity in the workplace does not constitute a BFOQ. Unless your employer has a specific defensible business need to give preference in the hiring process to people who are non-white and/or under a certain age, the practice is probably illegal.

The value of promoting workplace diversity should by now be uncontroversial. It makes good business sense to cultivate a workforce that reflects and, therefore, understands your target market. Plus, diverse groups consistently surpass homogenous ones in their capacity to problem-solve efficiently and creatively. Most obviously, it is morally right to adopt hiring practices that give all people a fair chance based upon their professional qualifications rather than irrelevant personal characteristics.

What your employer seeks to achieve is both smart and good. The problem lies in the execution. In the myopic pursuit of one or two specific types of diversity, your organization will tend to exclude many others and, as you have experienced, delegitimize a noble effort.

But what, exactly, constitutes diversity? Take a street poll and you will find that many people view diversity as a question of race, or perhaps gender. Yet, when it comes to the recruitment objectives of an enlightened employer, a narrow view of diversity is not realistic or helpful. I prefer the definition articulated by President Barack Obama in his Notre Dame speech: "diversity of thought, diversity of culture, and diversity of belief." We each comprise a multitude of experiences and life choices that, together with such overt characteristics as our skin tone and gender, define who we are and how we are perceived. Yet, we each remain complex in our potential contributions to an enterprise.

The most successful diversity initiatives focus not on hiring people who fit a particular profile, but rather on building a pipeline of diverse applicants while strengthening the employee retention rate. Building a pipeline involves reaching out beyond traditional or mainstream recruitment channels to communities that might not normally hear about your available jobs. You may choose to attend lesser known recruitment fairs in smaller markets, for example, or advertise your jobs through the minority media. Some organizations even establish mentoring, internship and other educational programs that introduce diverse youth to their profession or industry long before they might be eligible for actual employment. If you have a strong diverse pipeline, then you will, in the normal course of selecting the most highly qualified applicants, end up with employees of diverse backgrounds.

Then the question becomes how to retain the talent you have worked so hard to attract. Some organizations do this with employee development programs, support networks and benefit programs that recognize and honor the diversity of their workforce. You may establish affinity groups that offer networking resources to employees with particular concerns and interests (e.g., single parents and employees coping with a disability). You may pair new hires with more seasoned workers who can help to orient them to the organization and plan for advancement. You may audit the effectiveness of your training, succession planning and other employee development programs to ensure that they are effective and inclusive.

As it turns out, the employment practices that tend to attract and retain diverse employees are also those which keep your workforce happy and productive in general. Rather than engaging in the counterproductive exercise of targeting people based upon their age or race, your organization would be best served by adopting a recruitment strategy focused on capturing the interest of people beyond the mainstream while ensuring that your workplace is welcoming and supportive of all.

97 bulls
10-17-2016, 08:59 PM
I'm not against it. Even when a white person does it. But then don't complain about blacks not working. Seeing as how the white race is the majority.

I applaud what these businesses owners are doing.

97 bulls
10-17-2016, 09:02 PM
Making a hiring decision based on race or age is illegal, even if it's done to make a work environment more diverse (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/06/AR2010010602614.html)
They're not hiring based on skin color. They're hiring based on giving help to the people that need it. And that happens to be blacks.

HarryCallahan
10-17-2016, 10:15 PM
Exactly what is illegal about their hiring practices? Specifically, what law are they breaking?

You've seriously not heard of the Civil Rights act? Do you dress yourself in the morning?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

HarryCallahan
10-17-2016, 10:16 PM
They're not hiring based on skin color. They're hiring based on giving help to the people that need it. And that happens to be blacks.

:facepalm

Eddie and C. Sylvia Brown deliberatly try to hire black employees at their firm, Brown Capital Management.

Not only is the majority of the staff at Brown Capital black -- a choice that Brown said is deliberate -- but the couple's charitable foundation provides grants for education, art and health initiatives that help low-income people living in Baltimore.

NumberSix
10-17-2016, 10:27 PM
Don't be ridiculous. They're hiring based on skin color. In my personal opinion, fck it. Let them hire or not hire whoever they want. But let's not pretend it isn't what it is.

Smoke117
10-17-2016, 10:30 PM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Upset-Michael-Jordan-Laughs-to-Himself.gif

NumberSix
10-17-2016, 10:31 PM
I was asked if I have a problem with it. Well, I would have a problem with it if I felt like their motivation was a hatred of other races. I don't have an issue with them giving a leg up to other black people in an effort to bring their fellow blacks up with everyone else. White people have been helping other whites forever and Asians have done that as well. It's not the best thing that everything is so racial but I see where they're coming from.
What if you just genuinely believe that people of a certain group will do a better job?

97 bulls
10-17-2016, 10:31 PM
I see nothing wrong with the bold. They deliberately TRY. What's the problem here???? They didn't say they exclusively hire only blacks.

You guys are incredible. So they can only hire white people? Or should the majority of their employees be white?

Understand this.... they're hiring because the see a need. When a white person or business hires exclusively white, it's probably due to their feeling that they're superior and inherently better.

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2016, 10:35 PM
You've seriously not heard of the Civil Rights act? Do you dress yourself in the morning?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964
If the civil rights act is being violated why have they not been sued?

iamgine
10-17-2016, 10:35 PM
Hiring people is a complicated stuff.

On one hand, motives for hiring/not hiring certain races can be racist in nature.

But it could also be for other reasons.

For example, a Japanese sushi restaurant that only hire Asians because it would be seen as more authentic that way. That's not racism, that's an economic decision.

Or a Pho place that only hire Vietnamese because the owner is not fluent in english but fluent in vietnamese.

NumberSix
10-17-2016, 10:37 PM
I see nothing wrong with the bold. They deliberately TRY. What's the problem here???? They didn't say they exclusively hire only blacks.

You guys are incredible. So they can only hire white people? Or should the majority of their employees be white?

Understand this.... they're hiring because the see a need. When a white person or business hires exclusively white, it's probably due to their feeling that they're superior and inherently better.
What if they ARE better?

Nobody thinks Euro-Jews are equal to blacks as athletes. Why should we assume that blacks are equal to Euro-Jews as lawyers or accountants? Is it really that far-fetched to think that some groups are just better at certain things?

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2016, 10:40 PM
What if you just genuinely believe that people of a certain group will do a better job?Then you're a racist. Not surprising.

97 bulls
10-17-2016, 10:40 PM
Don't be ridiculous. They're hiring based on skin color. In my personal opinion, fck it. Let them hire or not hire whoever they want. But let's not pretend it isn't what it is.
Lol. So. When I post stats that show that whites don't hire blacks intentionally, whites response is that we should make our own business and then hire who we want. When we do it, then we're being prejudice?

Just admit it. Whites don't want to see blacks succeed. Unless its due to them. They're having a cow over blacks starting to put their money in black owned banks. You guys are ridiculous.

97 bulls
10-17-2016, 10:44 PM
What if they ARE better?

Nobody thinks Euro-Jews are equal to blacks as athletes. Why should we assume that blacks are equal to Euro-Jews as lawyers or accountants? Is it really that far-fetched to think that some groups are just better at certain things?
Because athletics can be proven. How can you prove that a European is better at accounting than an African-American? Other than one gets an opportunity that the other doesn't.

NumberSix
10-17-2016, 10:47 PM
Because athletics can be proven. How can you prove that a European is better at accounting than an African-American? Other than one gets an opportunity that the other doesn't.
I dunno. TBH, I don't know what point I'm even making. I'm just taking the other side for the sake of disagreeing.

:cheers:

Smoke117
10-17-2016, 10:48 PM

Real men make their own opportunities. This poor me I'm a victim rhetoric that black men have fallen in love with is pathetic.

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2016, 10:48 PM
What if they ARE better?

Nobody thinks Euro-Jews are equal to blacks as athletes. Why should we assume that blacks are equal to Euro-Jews as lawyers or accountants? Is it really that far-fetched to think that some groups are just better at certain things?Your comparison is stupid. No one gets drafted because they're black just like you aren't only hired to a law firm for being white. A college athlete will be drafted to a team because he was impressive at the college level just like some kid with straight A's at Harvard law will have a leg up getting into a firm. It just so happens that there are more white and Asian kids with that kind if great academic background. What they had in their record is what generally gives them the edge more so than their race. When a black student has a similar record they may not have the exact same level of opportunity but they will definitely be getting a job somewhere.

NumberSix
10-17-2016, 10:54 PM
Your comparison is stupid. No one gets drafted because they're black just like you aren't only hired to a law firm for being white.
And nobody goes un-drafted because they're white. They go un-drafted because they're just not as good. If whites where as good at basketball, the NBA would be mostly white... but they're not as good. Nature is racist.

And it's not because blacks are trying harder or that white guys can't get opportunities. One group is just better than the other.

97 bulls
10-17-2016, 10:57 PM
I dunno. TBH, I don't know what point I'm even making. I'm just taking the other side for the sake of disagreeing.

:cheers:
Lol. Fair enough bro

97 bulls
10-17-2016, 10:59 PM
Real men make their own opportunities. This poor me I'm a victim rhetoric that black men have fallen in love with is pathetic.
So when we as backs actually start to make our own opportunities, we still get castigated.

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2016, 11:01 PM
And nobody goes un-drafted because they're white. They go un-drafted because they're just not as good. If whites where as good at basketball, the NBA would be mostly white... but they're not as good. Nature is racist.

And it's not because blacks are trying harder or that white guys can't get opportunities. One group is just better than the other.
You are making the racist's error of assuming that just because one group has greater representation in an area they must be naturally better at it. Upbringing, education, opportunity, these are highly important factors and they are not equal.

NumberSix
10-17-2016, 11:20 PM
You are making the racist's error of assuming that just because one group has greater representation in an area they must be naturally better at it. Upbringing, education, opportunity, these are highly important factors and they are not equal.
You are making the evolution-deniers error of assuming that people from different parts of the world are exactly the same.

In some regions, the majority of people are lactose intolerant. In other regions, almost nobody is. Like 50% of Asians have an allergy to alcohol. Kenyans have some ankle thing that makes them better runners than everyone else. Dutch people are taller than Filipinos.

There are thousands of little differences that are more common or less common in certain regions. We all have our own individual collection of differences that make us better or worse at certain things.

You're simply a science denier if you refuse to accept that different characteristics are more common among some groups and less common among others. Red hair and freckles are common among Scottish people. Not common among Koreans.

Godzuki
10-17-2016, 11:20 PM
its obviously racism but most black people and especially the handout blacks who infest ISH will pretend its not with twisted retard logic.

so since its for the greater good of the BLACK community its okay? lmao only handout blacks could even thing along that line of twisted logic. just like how korean liquor stores dont belong in THEIR neighborhoods :lol its ALL about the black communities we're all supposed to go out of our way to bring up because its every other races fault they are slinging rock on street corners or drinking all day not even trying to work...or even shooting and killing each other.

its useless making logical points to most black people today because they're so caught up in self pity blaming everyone else for their issues, and pretending like its every other races responsibility to take care of them.

the sorry ass liberal whities, azn's, etc. who support their movements are some of the weakest minded bitches on the planet, considering they're advocating racism against themselves.

no matter how any handout blacks here justify it, its racism. its the double standard and hypocrisy that blacks today get away with due to most people being sheep to media political correctness, mostly on the liberal side. its sad how so many republicans get called racist for being honest, and how much blacks use the race card today to get boosted up TBH :coleman:

Godzuki
10-17-2016, 11:23 PM

answer his point u weak liberal retard :facepalm

then why do blacks tend to dominate NBA? is it because of their upbringing, education, and opportunity? why are azn's good at math? to pretend there are no racial differences is as stupid and liberal PC dishonest as it gets :facepalm

Godzuki
10-17-2016, 11:26 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12635140#post12635140

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2016, 11:31 PM
You are making the evolution-deniers error of assuming that people from different parts of the world are exactly the same.

In some regions, the majority of people are lactose intolerant. In other regions, almost nobody is. Like 50% of Asians have an allergy to alcohol. Kenyans have some ankle thing that makes them better runners than everyone else. Dutch people are taller than Filipinos.

There are thousands of little differences that are more common or less common in certain regions. We all have our own individual collection of differences that make us better or worse at certain things.

You're simply a science denier if you refuse to accept that different characteristics are more common among some groups and less common among others. Red hair and freckles are common among Scottish people. Not common among Koreans.
The average black person in America is genetically a quarter European. You talk about different regions and different lines of evolution but seem to have forgotten that these two peoples have been in the same area for over 400 years.

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2016, 11:35 PM
answer his point u weak liberal retard :facepalm

then why do blacks tend to dominate NBA? is it because of their upbringing, education, and opportunity? why are azn's good at math? to pretend there are no racial differences is as stupid and liberal PC dishonest as it gets :facepalm
? I answered his post. If you can't tell that much it has more to do with your mental deficiencies than the quality of my answer. And watch your mouth. You're definitely close to s banning.

Godzuki
10-17-2016, 11:44 PM
? I answered his post. If you can't tell that much it has more to do with your mental deficiencies than the quality of my answer. And watch your mouth. You're definitely close to s banning.

goddamn who the fukk gave this BLM jerkoff ban powers? :confusedshrug:

so you're going to ban me for calling u a weak liberal bitch? because that is you in every way TBH and i've been here for a long ass time so i should know :coleman:

i hope you're reading this jeff for the sake of honest discussion on your forum. hiring a BLM mod with a lame agenda that can't own anything is some sorry shit. ban me u handout agenda driven fgt :coleman:

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2016, 11:56 PM
so you're going to ban me for calling u a weak liberal bitch?
Yes.

dude77
10-18-2016, 12:03 AM

if you're ok with this then don't fkn complain when whitey does it

NumberSix
10-18-2016, 12:13 AM
The average black person in America is genetically a quarter European. You talk about different regions and different lines of evolution but seem to have forgotten that these two peoples have been in the same area for over 400 years.
Right, so a white American is 4x as likely to have a genetic trait that is common in Europe and not common is west Africa.

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2016, 12:20 AM
Right, so a white American is 4x as likely to have a genetic trait that is common in Europe and not common is west Africa.
Which means what? Have you mapped the genome? How does Johnnie Cochran become one of the top lawyers with his allegedly inferior DNA?

97 bulls
10-18-2016, 12:24 AM
if you're ok with this then don't fkn complain when whitey does it
Lol. You ain't neeeeever heard or read a post where I complained about whites not hiring blacks. UNLESS. Its a rebuttal to someone saying we don't want to work. I'm a firm believer in tribalism. It's not the white man's job to help blacks. But I do wish wed be left alone. Cuz history shows that you whites don't like black success. Unless youre the cause of it.

But hey. Keep it up. You're starting to open our eyes. We're starting to ban together.

HarryCallahan
10-18-2016, 12:57 AM
If the civil rights act is being violated why have they not been sued?
If murder is illegal why is Bob Durst not in prison?

See, I can ask fallacious questions too.

HarryCallahan
10-18-2016, 01:00 AM

I don't have a problem with it. I believe businesses should be free to hire whoever they want for whatever reasons thy want. You stated that they weren't hiring based on skin colour when, by their own admission they are. I corrected you. Don't infer any motive to that besides the one that exists already.

Also, do not strawman people. No one is making those arguments and it makes you seem idiotic to suggest they are.

HarryCallahan
10-18-2016, 01:05 AM
Which means what? Have you mapped the genome? How does Johnnie Cochran become one of the top lawyers with his allegedly inferior DNA?

>what is an out lier

Goddamn man, are you trying to sound like an idiot? I have a hard time believing this is unintentional.

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2016, 01:11 AM
If murder is illegal why is Bob Durst not in prison?

See, I can ask fallacious questions too.
But you can't construct a counter-argument, so who cares?
>what is an out lierAnd you think he's the only black person to excel in the field when there are blacks that have taken a legal background to spots on the Supreme Court and the Presidency?
Goddamn man, are you trying to sound like an idiot? I have a hard time believing this is unintentional.On the other hand I'm convinced that you're another idiot whiner that cries racism over one black business when there are thousands of law firms out there that are predominantly white.

iamgine
10-18-2016, 01:13 AM
Sometimes it's discrimination by statistics, which is not racism.

If black people are shown by some fair statistics to be more likely to cause trouble in jobs, what incentive do employers have on hiring black people? A company cannot afford to look at each individual case by case, that cost time and efficiency when there is still a large pool of other races that wants to work too that's equally qualified.

That's why the government has to step in and make rules so that at least discrimination by statistics doesn't become a big problem.

HarryCallahan
10-18-2016, 01:21 AM
But you can't construct a counter-argument, so who cares?And you think he's the only black person to excel in the field when there are blacks that have taken a legal background to spots on the Supreme Court and the Presidency?On the other hand I'm convinced that you're another idiot whiner that cries racism over one black business when there are thousands of law firms out there that are predominantly white.

- That was Not An Argument.

- At no point in time did I state Cochran is "the only successful black lawyer. Interesting that you feel the need to erect a strawman to attack...Blacks are 13% of the population, they are not proportionally represented in the legal fraternity (despite needing lower GPA's to get into college, having many ore scholarship opportunities available to them than any other ethnicity and then having diversity programs and AA to help them get jobs once graduated). It is painfully obvious that Ashkenazim are inherently more well equipped to succeed in the legal profession than Blacks.

- Obama isn't black

- This IS racism, but I don't think it's a bad thing. If you'd read my post in response to 97 bulls, you'd know that.

HarryCallahan
10-18-2016, 01:31 AM
There is always an inherent genetic component

Specificity of craft does matter, but there are generalized attributes to these things.. White collar, athletics.. Always a genetic component

Right, and If you are presented two identical resumes for an intern position at your firm, one with the name Jamal at the top, the other with Schlomo, you'd be prudent to pick the latter.

However, I personally think it's fantastic that this firm is bucking the typical thinking and trying to hire black whenever possible, to give them a leg up so to speak. It may cost them some productivity, but this kind of thing is neccessary if blacks are going to catch up to other ethnicities in the income/housing/health and other sectors.

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2016, 01:32 AM
- That was Not An Argument.Wrong again. If you amateur phrenologists want to point to evolution and genetics as proof of white superiority then you have show some real science, not just speculation. If that's the best you can do then all you've proven is that you yourselves aren't smarter than anyone.

- Blacks are 13% of the population, they are not proportionally represented in the legal fraternity (despite needing lower GPA's to get into college, having many ore scholarship opportunities available to them than any other ethnicity and then having diversity programs and AA to help them get jobs once graduated). It is painfully obvious that Ashkenazim are inherently more well equipped to succeed in the legal profession than Blacks.The schools and homes black people come from are not the same. You will not get the same results if you have differing backgrounds.

- Obama isn't black :rolleyes: Then who is? The average black person in American is a quarter European. People like Colin Kaepernick and Delonte West are widely viewed as black. If you want to redefine the term for the sake of your racist arguments then whatever but you've wandered out of common usage into your own private language.

This IS racism, but I don't think it's a bad thing. If you'd read my post in response to 97 bulls, you'd know that.
Your racism is bad and I don't feel any motivation to read more of it.

HarryCallahan
10-18-2016, 01:56 AM
Wrong again. If you amateur phrenologists want to point to evolution and genetics as proof of white superiority then you have show some real science, not just speculation. If that's the best you can do then all you've proven is that you yourselves aren't smarter than anyone.

Fvck off you strawmanning loser, no one is claiming "white are superior." ISB, #6 and I are stating that different people have different advantages owing to their gentics and that people from similar ethnic backgrounds are more likely to share common genetic traits. Stop trying to deny the existence of evolution you strawmanning argument loser.

The schools and homes black people come from are not the same. You will not get the same results if you have differing backgrounds.

The results of the only scientific study (to my knowledge) to examine this would disagree: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Transracial_Adoption_Study

:rolleyes: Then who is? The average black person in American is a quarter European. People like Colin Kaepernick and Delonte West are widely viewed as black. If you want to redefine the term for the sake of your racist arguments then whatever but you've wandered out of common usage into your own private language.

Obama is mixed and only ever met his black father twice. He is more white than black.

I don't know anyone who thinks Delonte is black, i've heard him called Indian, but never black. :confusedshrug:

Your racism is bad and I don't feel any motivation to read more of it.

Translation: "I'm admitting defeat"

warriorfan
10-18-2016, 01:58 AM
HarryCallahan is a huge loser

97 bulls
10-18-2016, 02:10 AM
I don't have a problem with it. I believe businesses should be free to hire whoever they want for whatever reasons thy want. You stated that they weren't hiring based on skin colour when, by their own admission they are. I corrected you. Don't infer any motive to that besides the one that exists already.

Also, do not strawman people. No one is making those arguments and it makes you seem idiotic to suggest they are.
Dude. They said they TRY, TRY, T R Y to hire blacks. In an effort to help them because they're the ones suffering most. They're helping those in need. Not because they feel superior to whites or any other race.

Doesn't mean they don't help whites or any other race. Why should they not deliberately try to hire blacks? You people are incredible

HarryCallahan
10-18-2016, 02:21 AM
Dude. They said they TRY, TRY, T R Y to hire blacks. In an effort to help them because they're the ones suffering most. They're helping those in need. Not because they feel superior to whites or any other race.

Doesn't mean they don't help whites or any other race. Why should they not deliberately try to hire blacks? You people are incredible

They shouldn't deliberately place emphasis on race because it is illegal dumdum. However as I have stated numerous times in this thread already, I believe it is an unjust law.

I did not say they were hiring based on the notion that "blacks are superior to whites or any other race." I'm going to ask you again, for your own sake, not to attribute arguments to me that I did not make. Make you look reeeaaallly dumb.

You stated and i'll quote you:

Which is categorically wrong. You were wrong, stop doubling down.

I'm not going to read too far into your "you people" comment, but watch it with comments like that.

Smoke117
10-18-2016, 02:34 AM

Anyone who is unemployed is IN NEED OF A JOB.

97 bulls
10-18-2016, 03:25 AM
Fvck off you strawmanning loser, no one is claiming "white are superior." ISB, #6 and I are stating that different people have different advantages owing to their gentics and that people from similar ethnic backgrounds are more likely to share common genetic traits. Stop trying to deny the existence of evolution you strawmanning argument loser.

The results of the only scientific study (to my knowledge) to examine this would disagree: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Transracial_Adoption_Study

Obama is mixed and only ever met his black father twice. He is more white than black.

I don't know anyone who thinks Delonte is black, i've heard him called Indian, but never black. :confusedshrug:

Translation: "I'm admitting defeat"
Lol. That study is hogwash. Gtfo with that nonsense. Especially since those IQ test are inherently biased.

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2016, 06:52 AM
Fvck off you strawmanning loser, no one is claiming "white are superior."Have you been reading this thread? I'm really losing interest in your racism and stupidity and now you are denying the very nature of the discussion.
ISB, #6 and I are stating that different people have different advantages owing to their gentics and that people from similar ethnic backgrounds are more likely to share common genetic traits. Stop trying to deny the existence of evolution you strawmanning argument loser.If you're going to be name-calling you really should be better at it.

The results of the only scientific study (to my knowledge) to examine this would disagree: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Transracial_Adoption_Study Oh look, I found another. (http://www.kjplanet.com/amp-31-10-726.pdf)

I don't know anyone who thinks Delonte is black, i've heard him called Indian, but never black. :confusedshrug: Yup, your own private definition. Good luck with that.

NumberSix
10-18-2016, 07:35 AM
Who said anything about "inferior DNA"?

97 bulls
10-18-2016, 11:10 AM
They shouldn't deliberately place emphasis on race because it is illegal dumdum. However as I have stated numerous times in this thread already, I believe it is an unjust law.

I did not say they were hiring based on the notion that "blacks are superior to whites or any other race." I'm going to ask you again, for your own sake, not to attribute arguments to me that I did not make. Make you look reeeaaallly dumb.

You stated and i'll quote you:

Which is categorically wrong. You were wrong, stop doubling down.
I think we're reading this article differently. Here's the actual quotes from the people in the article

"I think it's really incumbent upon [those of] us who have achieved some modicum of success to make it our business to mentor and to help uplift," Brown said. "It's a slow process. It's a gradual process, but we have to reach back, take someone by the hand, show them the way."

"There were people out there that said 'You don't know what you're doing. You're an African-American woman. You don't know about the hotel business. It isn't going to work. I've never seen anybody black do anything that has excellence,'" Johnson said."I watch men, how they're able to fall on their face. Next I know, they got the next great deal going...banks will loan them money for a sniffle," she said. "Banks turned me down because I'm a woman. I'm not that proven entity out there."

"The white kids that are out there, they got daddy's law firm or whatever. They're taken care of and never have to worry about it," Johnson said.

They never said they exclusively help blacks. The article used the word deliberately. But again I see no reason why it's wrong to deliberately help someone.

I'm not going to read too far into your "you people" comment, but watch it with comments like that.
You can read as far into it as you want. You people get on my nerves with this kind of bullshit. But it's good. The more you show your true colors. The more you get blacks to finally rally around each other and thus render your services obsolete.

UK2K
10-18-2016, 11:14 AM
"The white kids that are out there, they got daddy's law firm or whatever. They're taken care of and never have to worry about it," Johnson said.

Do they? Where's my law firm? Bet you everything I own I grew up poorer than she did. You don't have a problem with her generalizing white people, but if I say black males commit half the crime in this country, I'm racist.

You don't see the irony in that?

You can read as far into it as you want. You people get on my nerves with this kind of bullshit. But it's good. The more you show your true colors. The more you get blacks to finally rally around each other and thus render your services obsolete.

As long as they use that vigor to do something productive, I'm all for it.

97 bulls
10-18-2016, 12:13 PM
Do they? Where's my law firm? Bet you everything I own I grew up poorer than she did. You don't have a problem with her generalizing white people, but if I say black males commit half the crime in this country, I'm racist.

You don't see the irony in that?

I'll never call a person out for stating a fact. Including you. Where we disagree is WHY half of the crimes committed in this country are being done by black men.

As long as they use that vigor to do something productive, I'm all for it.
Iron sharpens iron

BigNBAfan
10-18-2016, 01:50 PM
Lol. You ain't neeeeever heard or read a post where I complained about whites not hiring blacks. UNLESS. Its a rebuttal to someone saying we don't want to work. I'm a firm believer in tribalism. It's not the white man's job to help blacks. But I do wish wed be left alone. Cuz history shows that you whites don't like black success. Unless youre the cause of it.

But hey. Keep it up. You're starting to open our eyes. We're starting to ban together.

Blacks will not succeed unless they prove they deserve a position more than their counterpart, not because the company wants to promote diversity...

Look at medical schools for example. A certain population of their incoming class has to be african american (AA). Now if you compare the GPA of the incoming AA class you will notice a significant difference.

Point being, just because you are AA and hold a position/job doesn't mean you've accomplished anything other than met a quota for the companies demographic goals. Unless of course, the company is truly equal opportunity...

Hawker
10-18-2016, 02:37 PM
If you didn't know this was illegal then I assume you've never worked a job in your life. Every application I ever filled out had some reference to this law when asked to check what race I was at the end of the application. "We do not discriminate based on race, sex, nationality, etc..."

falc39
10-18-2016, 03:02 PM

It's racism, plain and simple. Just like we don't need Paul Ryan to come out and say "I only want to hire white interns!", we pretty much get the idea with the evidence. Any sensible person can tell that this lady is racist. She basically makes that loud and clear with that statement. It's as close as your going to get barring her saying "I'm a racist!"

The problem is there is a double standard when it comes to racism. You can't defeat racism with more racism. Things like affirmative action are also inherently racist.

"I watch men, how they're able to fall on their face. Next I know, they got the next great deal going...banks will loan them money for a sniffle," she said. "Banks turned me down because I'm a woman. I'm not that proven entity out there."

You can just feel the jealousy, bitterness, and hate in her statements throughout the article. I actually feel pity for people like her. Her vitriol and negativity turned her into the kind of person she has despised her whole life- a racist.

97 bulls
10-18-2016, 04:38 PM
It's racism, plain and simple. Just like we don't need Paul Ryan to come out and say "I only want to hire white interns!", we pretty much get the idea with the evidence. Any sensible person can tell that this lady is racist. She basically makes that loud and clear with that statement. It's as close as your going to get barring her saying "I'm a racist!"

The problem is there is a double standard when it comes to racism. You can't defeat racism with more racism. Things like affirmative action are also inherently racist.

You can just feel the jealousy, bitterness, and hate in her statements throughout the article. I actually feel pity for people like her. Her vitriol and negativity turned her into the kind of person she has despised her whole life- a racist.
Ignorance is bliss. What law did they break? That they deliberately hire blacks? That's not illegal. If they stated that they ONLY hire blacks then it would be an issue. If you're gonna judge these individuals based on your perception to have a prejudice against whites, then you surely must feel that racism is just as prevalent now as it was in the 60s.

falc39
10-18-2016, 04:52 PM
Ignorance is bliss. What law did they break? That they deliberately hire blacks? That's not illegal. If they stated that they ONLY hire blacks then it would be an issue. If you're gonna judge these individuals based on your perception to have a prejudice against whites, then you surely must feel that racism is just as prevalent now as it was in the 60s.

Did I say she broke a law? I just called her for what she is. There are a lot of racist people out there who don't break any laws :hammerhead:

Like I said, a part of me feels bad for her. Hate does a lot to a person. Just look at her comments.

Hawker
10-18-2016, 05:07 PM

How is that not illegal?

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is a federal law that prohibits employers from discriminating against employees on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, and religion.

97 bulls
10-18-2016, 06:16 PM
How is that not illegal?
Because they don't descriminate against races. They try to hire blacks. Why is this such an issue for you. Remember the result of that study I showed you where 2 copies of the exact same resume was sent out to roughly 100 businesses with the only difference between the two being the name of the applicant? One was a more white sounding name like Becky Alden, the other was a more black sounding name like Shaquanda Jackson. Ms Jackson only received like 2 call backs and miss Alden received like 90 (I'm guessing, but the point was that there was some insane number difference between the callbacks of the two applicants). That's descrimination my friend. I didn't see you all up in arms about that. Why are you so defensive here. They're not going to do that at their business

Hawker
10-18-2016, 06:29 PM
Because they don't descriminate against races. They try to hire blacks. Why is this such an issue for you. Remember the result of that study I showed you where 2 copies of the exact same resume was sent out to roughly 100 businesses with the only difference between the two being the name of the applicant? One was a more white sounding name like Becky Alden, the other was a more black sounding name like Shaquanda Jackson. Ms Jackson only received like 2 call backs and miss Alden received like 90 (I'm guessing, but the point was that there was some insane number difference between the callbacks of the two applicants). That's descrimination my friend. I didn't see you all up in arms about that. Why are you so defensive here. They're not going to do that at their business

Does not compute. What the hell are you talking about? I never said I had an issue. I was just pointing out that it is illegal. Stop strawmanning.

They are discriminating against races if they are trying to deliberately hire blacks and based on the quotes she has a clear animosity towards white people.

Also, if I was in Shaquanda's situation, I'd go by a different name if that's what is pulling her down. Asians do it all the time and live a fulfilling life.

BigNBAfan
10-18-2016, 08:36 PM

:hammerhead:

HarryCallahan
10-18-2016, 11:18 PM
Lol. That study is hogwash. Gtfo with that nonsense. Especially since those IQ test are inherently biased.

Okay. Don't bother to point to any inaccuracies or problems with the methodology, just dismiss. Thi in no way reflects poorly on your intellect... :rolleyes:

Have you been reading this thread? I'm really losing interest in your racism and stupidity and now you are denying the very nature of the discussion. If you're going to be name-calling you really should be better at it.

Yes, I have been. If you are going to make a claim (in this case you are claiming that myself or others are asserting that whites are superior to other races) you had better back it up. It would be very easy (if it were true) to pull a post where somebody is claiming this. No one is, so you cannot.

I would insult you with more gusto, but you have already shown your eagerness to ban people for personal reason,so i am showing uncharacteristic restraint.

Oh look, I found another. (http://www.kjplanet.com/amp-31-10-726.pdf)

That's the same study I posted you dolt. Try actually reading things before posting them.

Yup, your own private definition. Good luck with that.

My defining a person who has a black father and white mother as "mixed" is in no way unique to me. You seem to subscribe to the "one drop rule" which puts you in the extreme minority.

HarryCallahan
10-18-2016, 11:31 PM
I think we're reading this article differently. Here's the actual quotes from the people in the article

"There were people out there that said 'You don't know what you're doing. You're an African-American woman. You don't know about the hotel business. It isn't going to work. I've never seen anybody black do anything that has excellence,'" Johnson said."I watch men, how they're able to fall on their face. Next I know, they got the next great deal going...banks will loan them money for a sniffle," she said. "Banks turned me down because I'm a woman. I'm not that proven entity out there."

They never said they exclusively help blacks. The article used the word deliberately. But again I see no reason why it's wrong to deliberately help someone.

Alright you dolt, i'm going to explain this as simply as I possibly can, because evidently the malformed collection of cells you call a brain is incapable of understanding all but the simplest sentences.

-At no point have I said they "exclusively hire blacks"

-Racial discrimination does not mean exclusively hiring blacks.

-At no point have I said I personally have a problem with this practice, in fact this is the FOURTH time i've had to tell you I don't, but you don't seem to listen because, evidently you are more interested in straw manning some big evil white man owing i'm sure to your very clear inferiority complex.

More "you people" talk. Why don't you grow a pair of balls and come out and say it, you fvckin pvssy.

Stay salty, stay behind in literally every single metric of success.

HarryCallahan
10-18-2016, 11:38 PM
Does not compute. What the hell are you talking about? I never said I had an issue. I was just pointing out that it is illegal. Stop strawmanning.

They are discriminating against races if they are trying to deliberately hire blacks and based on the quotes she has a clear animosity towards white people.

Also, if I was in Shaquanda's situation, I'd go by a different name if that's what is pulling her down. Asians do it all the time and live a fulfilling life.

Wow, just read this exchange.

Apparently it isn't just me he cannot understand.

Still don't know if this is:

a) Cognitive dissonance
b) Willful ignorance
c) Pant shitting retard levels of stupidity

Maybe all thee. :confusedshrug:

gigantes
10-19-2016, 12:19 AM
Post 23 moron
LOL... so it took you FIVE DAYS to summon up that pitiful rebuttal to the situation and attempt to necromanse the thread?

hey, could someone plug "post 23 moron!" in to one of the meme-makers, pls? BONUS POINTS for the background image being a grand dragon of the KKK reaching out to a bunch of shotgun-wielding doofuses.

http://erenow.com/common/the-most-evil-secret-societies-in-history/the-most-evil-secret-societies-in-history.files/image016.jpg

as Zoidberg once said-- "you're a stinking-sad excuse for a human being, which also suggests that you're probably the last person to ever realise that fact." Well, pardon me, but I think I'm going with Zoidberg, this time.

aj1987
10-19-2016, 01:17 AM
I'm not even white, but what would happen to company if they flat out said that they only want to hire whites? They'd probably shut in like a week.

UK2K
10-19-2016, 07:59 AM
I'm not even white, but what would happen to company if they flat out said that they only want to hire whites? They'd probably shut in like a week.

Because only whites can be racist.

Real Men Wear Green
10-19-2016, 08:03 AM
Yes, I have been. If you are going to make a claim (in this case you are claiming that myself or others are asserting that whites are superior to other races) you had better back it up. It would be very easy (if it were true) to pull a post where somebody is claiming this. No one is, so you cannot.You guys have been arguing that black people are naturally less intelligent this entire time. That is glaringly obvious and your attempt to deny it now is ridiculous. This discussion is really going nowhere.

That's the same study I posted you dolt. Try actually reading things before posting them.You posted a link to a wikipedia page claiming it proved adopted black kids were dumber (of course, you aren't arguing that black kids aren't as smart :rolleyes: ). Although it is based on the same study, it somehow ignores tidbits like this:

------------------------
Although all groups had comparable ranges and
were performing within the average range of intellectual
functioning, the black and interracial
children scored, on the average, between the white
and Asian/Indian adopted groups. The scores of
the socially classified black and white groups were
significantly above the mean of the general population. The Asian/Indian adopted children scored
exactly at the population mean. The means of the
three groups of adopted children differ significantly
(p < .005). The children adopted during the first
year of life scored higher than those adopted after
the first year. The average score for the 111 earlyadopted
group was an IQ of 111; for the 65 later
adoptees, the mean IQ score was 97.5.
For those who hypothesize that blacks have lower
IQ scores than whites because of their African ancestry,
we compared socially classified black children
with one versus two black natural parents.
On the average, children with two black parents
have a higher degree of African ancestry than those
with one black and one white parent. Table 10
compares the IQ scores, placement histories, and
natural-parent education of children with one or
two black parents. Socially classified black children
with one parent of unknown, Asian, Indian,
or other racial background have been eliminated
from this analysis.
The 29 children with two black parents achieved
a mean IQ score of 96.8. The 68 with only one
black parent scored on the average 109.0. It is
essential to note, however, that the groups also
differed significantly (p < .05) in their placement
histories and natural mother's education. Children
with two black parents were significantly older at
adoption, had been in the adoptive home a shorter
time, and had experienced a greater number of
preadoption placements. The natural parents of
the black/black group also averaged a year less
of education than those of the black/white group,
which suggests an average difference between the
groups in intellectual ability. There were also
significant differences between the adoptive families
of black/black and black/white children in father's
education and mother's IQ. One can see in Table
10 that the children with two black parents had
poorer histories and had natural and adoptive parents
with lower educational levels and abilities. It
will be shown in the section on IQ variance that
these characteristics largely account for the IQ
differences between black children with one or two
black parents.
-------------------------------

My defining a person who has a black father and white mother as "mixed" is in no way unique to me. You seem to subscribe to the "one drop rule" which puts you in the extreme minority.Again: The average African-American is genetically a quarter European. Almost all of them could be categorized as "mixed." Almost no one in America whose ancestors came over through slavery is pure African. I personally believe in letting a mixed person categorize themselves however they see fit but historically people like Kaepernick, West, Bibby, Kidd, etc. have been called black. Obama is hailed as the first black President and never denies it. You don't even seem to have a clear idea of what it means for a person to be classified as "black" so I question how you can have an opinion on this entire subject. If Obama is not black, who is, and isn't? You don't have an answer to that question so your opinion is irrelevant.

andgar923
10-19-2016, 08:08 AM

I think that it's great that he provides education and other resources to those in low income areas, but going out and only hiring blacks? Not every caucasion is born into the 1%, there are plenty living in similar and sometimes worse situations that are also looking to feed their family.

Shit like this turns my stomach...

OP is either a clueless idiot or racist.

UK2K
10-19-2016, 09:06 AM
I'll never call a person out for stating a fact. Including you. Where we disagree is WHY half of the crimes committed in this country are being done by black men.

And that's just a measure of personal opinion...

You choose to blame others; I choose to hold people accountable.

That same mentality is more or less the splitting point, ideologically, between the left and right.

97 bulls
10-19-2016, 10:34 AM
Okay. Don't bother to point to any inaccuracies or problems with the methodology, just dismiss. Thi in no way reflects poorly on your intellect... :rolleyes:
I pointed out the problem with the IQ test as a whole by saying it's biased.

falc39
10-19-2016, 10:47 AM

That is discrimination lol

97 bulls
10-19-2016, 10:58 AM
Alright you dolt, i'm going to explain this as simply as I possibly can, because evidently the malformed collection of cells you call a brain is incapable of understanding all but the simplest sentences.

-At no point have I said they "exclusively hire blacks"

-Racial discrimination does not mean exclusively hiring blacks.

-At no point have I said I personally have a problem with this practice, in fact this is the FOURTH time i've had to tell you I don't, but you don't seem to listen because, evidently you are more interested in straw manning some big evil white man owing i'm sure to your very clear inferiority complex.

Lol. But you keep saying that it's descrimination. How? How can you prove it? They never said that they don't hire other groups of people. They said they try to hire blacks. And based on the quotes in the article, they do it because they feel Black people don't get the same opportunities. If two candidates are equally qualified, and one is white the other is black, and they choose the black, how does this make it descrimination? You act like they're just taking any black person off the street over more qualified groups simply because they are black. They have a business to run here.

More "you people" talk. Why don't you grow a pair of balls and come out and say it, you fvckin pvssy.

Stay salty, stay behind in literally every single metric of success.
You people meaning your side. The ones who disagree with me. What do you think I mean by using the words "you people"?

Hawker
10-19-2016, 11:55 AM
Lol. But you keep saying that it's descrimination. How? How can you prove it? They never said that they don't hire other groups of people. They said they try to hire blacks. And based on the quotes in the article, they do it because they feel Black people don't get the same opportunities. If two candidates are equally qualified, and one is white the other is black, and they choose the black, how does this make it descrimination? You act like they're just taking any black person off the street over more qualified groups simply because they are black. They have a business to run here.

You people meaning your side. The ones who disagree with me. What do you think I mean by using the words "you people"?

You just said to me that choosing a white sounding name vs. a black sound name in a resume was discrimination. They aren't just pulling any white person off the street over more qualified black people.

How the hell is this the situation you described any different? You aren't making any sense at all. You just said it's ok to make hiring decisions based on skin color which is clearly illegal.

97 bulls
10-19-2016, 12:22 PM
You just said to me that choosing a white sounding name vs. a black sound name in a resume was discrimination. They aren't just pulling any white person off the street over more qualified black people.

How the hell is this the situation you described any different? You aren't making any sense at all. You just said it's ok to make hiring decisions based on skin color which is clearly illegal.
Lol. Your making me laugh here Hawk. The businesses in this thread are, ARE hiring people of all nationalities. The Businesses in that survey wouldn't even interview a black applicant much less hire them.

And truthfully, I don't care. They shouldn't have to. We need to help ourselves. But, I disagree when white businesses won't even give blacks a chance to work, then call them lazy for not working.

UK2K
10-19-2016, 12:39 PM

Let's imagine a white business owner said the same thing... but about whites:

Not only is the majority of the staff at Brown Capital black -- a choice that Brown said is deliberate -

You would lose your ****ing mind.

Hawker
10-19-2016, 12:40 PM
Lol. Your making me laugh here Hawk. The businesses in this thread are, ARE hiring people of all nationalities. The Businesses in that survey wouldn't even interview a black applicant much less hire them.

And truthfully, I don't care. They shouldn't have to. We need to help ourselves. But, I disagree when white businesses won't even give blacks a chance to work, then call them lazy for not working.

That's great they are hiring other nationalities when there isn't a black applicant available but when there is, they are choosing black.

And the only thing that survey shows is name discrimination, no race or skin color discrimination. Lots of black chicks that have "white" sounding names.

BigNBAfan
10-19-2016, 02:09 PM
OP is either a clueless idiot or racist.

???

97 bulls
10-19-2016, 03:05 PM
That's great they are hiring other nationalities when there isn't a black applicant available but when there is, they are choosing black.
Who said that? Or are you just assuming?

And the only thing that survey shows is name discrimination, no race or skin color discrimination. Lots of black chicks that have "white" sounding names.
So what does this happen to do with the survey? Something tell's me that they know they were black. They won't even give them a chance.

UK2K
10-19-2016, 03:36 PM
Who said that? Or are you just assuming?

Not only is the majority of the staff at Brown Capital black -- a choice that Brown said is deliberate -

They did.

HarryCallahan
10-19-2016, 07:23 PM
I pointed out the problem with the IQ test as a whole by saying it's biased.

That's not "pointing out a problem" you knuckle dragging retard, that's disregarding something because it doesn't fit your world view and then arbitrarily assigning a reason to your disregarding it and then making a claim that is not evidenced by anything. That's what you did, you didn't "point out" anything.

Not going to bother. I'm just going to link the definition of dIscrimination because you not only can't spell it (hint: No "E"), but you clearly have no idea what the word means.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/discrimination

HarryCallahan
10-19-2016, 07:52 PM
You guys have been arguing that black people are naturally less intelligent this entire time. That is glaringly obvious and your attempt to deny it now is ridiculous. This discussion is really going nowhere.

You posted a link to a wikipedia page claiming it proved adopted black kids were dumber (of course, you aren't arguing that black kids aren't as smart :rolleyes: ). Although it is based on the same study, it somehow ignores tidbits like this:

Again: The average African-American is genetically a quarter European. Almost all of them could be categorized as "mixed." Almost no one in America whose ancestors came over through slavery is pure African. I personally believe in letting a mixed person categorize themselves however they see fit but historically people like Kaepernick, West, Bibby, Kidd, etc. have been called black. Obama is hailed as the first black President and never denies it. You don't even seem to have a clear idea of what it means for a person to be classified as "black" so I question how you can have an opinion on this entire subject. If Obama is not black, who is, and isn't? You don't have an answer to that question so your opinion is irrelevant.

I'm not denying anything, I will state very clearly so that there is no misunderstanding, something you are very prone to do because, well let's face it, you have all the critical thing ability of the exhumed corpse of Junior Seau On average whites are more intelligent (score higher on IQ tests) than African American, and Asians are smarter than whites and Ashkenazim are smarter still. This is not an opinion, this is based on evidence,

More intelligent =/= superior you moron. When people say that "blacks are faster, better athletes" you wouldn't call them a racist, being an objective observer and noticing the differences between ethnicities doesn't mean you are claiming the superiority of one over another.

Now onto the rest:

-I didn't claim anything, I stated that the only research I am aware of (with regards to how upbringing affects IQ across ethic lines), disagrees with your hypothesis (that blacks do worse than everyone else along every single educational or intellectual metric across the world because they are disadvantaged), which is true.

-The excerpt you posted agrees with my hypothesis;

The 29 children with two black parents achieved
a mean IQ score of 96.8. The 68 with only one
black parent scored on the average 109.0.

So I say there is only one study on the effects of trans-racial adoption on IQ, you say you've found another and go ahead and post the same one

You then, having not read or understood the article, post an excerpt which very much undermines your hypothesis smugly acting as though it confirms it.

-People with one white parent and one black parent are mixed. You've got some real KKK style vies if you think are agreeing with their one drop rule

I honestly feel very sorry for you at this point, you seem not to understand anything. You seem totally clueless and lost in the world. I'm sorry if i've been less than patient or even a bit mean little buddy.

KyrieTheFuture
10-19-2016, 07:55 PM
IQ scores are not an accurate test of intelligence this has been studied multiple times

That being said, it is amusing that racism is perfectly acceptable for positive stereotypes but not negative ones.

HarryCallahan
10-19-2016, 08:03 PM
IQ tests aren't perfect, but they are the best available metric of measuring intelligence and the fact that they are not perfect does not render them without value.