PDA

View Full Version : The Eastern Conference Finals - Will this be the Year?

BigKAT
10-17-2016, 08:09 AM
Sick of being disappointed.
I was really hyped for the Hawks Vs Cavs and Heat Vs Pacers round two,
But it seems like all these hyped up Eastern powers just drop the ball whenever playoff time comes.

(Pacers nearly losing to Wizards, Hawks losing games to brooklyn and in the ecf getting swept, Toronto.. Just.. That playoff run was so.. They got heart, I'll give them that, but every other day to hear about Lowery swearing he'll be better, then him shooting 3/12 before going for 30 the next day. Meh.)

When will we get the ECF we deserve?
2013 Pacers,
2012 Celtics

Honestly I think that the problem is the pressure on these Eastern Contenders. The best ECF we saw came from Underdogs challanging Lebron, The young pacers, the aging celtics..

Whenever they come with some expectations,
60 Wins Hawks get swept,
MVP Rose's bulls get wrecked,
1st Seeded Pacers have a complete meltdown
Best Toronto Team of All Time gets waved off..

Is this the year where will get a 7 game war in the ECF?
I sure hope so.

I<3NBA
10-17-2016, 09:00 AM
the big stars in the west are just too afraid to come to the east to battle Lebron.

Bankaii
10-17-2016, 01:17 PM
I'm not quite sure what your stance is, but 2013 was great and relative to the story line so was 2012. Even in 2014 the Heat got taken to 7.

And it's not just the East. The 2015 WCF were disgusting, and even if the 2016 Thunder were a contender that series was nothing blowouts and seeing who could choke the hardest. Aside from Klay Klay saving Game 6 and a good Curry game or 2 there weren't even reallly any note worthy moments, relatively speaking.

swagga
10-17-2016, 01:51 PM
Sick of being disappointed.
I was really hyped for the Hawks Vs Cavs and Heat Vs Pacers round two,
But it seems like all these hyped up Eastern powers just drop the ball whenever playoff time comes.

(Pacers nearly losing to Wizards, Hawks losing games to brooklyn and in the ecf getting swept, Toronto.. Just.. That playoff run was so.. They got heart, I'll give them that, but every other day to hear about Lowery swearing he'll be better, then him shooting 3/12 before going for 30 the next day. Meh.)

When will we get the ECF we deserve?
2013 Pacers,
2012 Celtics

Honestly I think that the problem is the pressure on these Eastern Contenders. The best ECF we saw came from Underdogs challanging Lebron, The young pacers, the aging celtics..

Whenever they come with some expectations,
60 Wins Hawks get swept,
MVP Rose's bulls get wrecked,
1st Seeded Pacers have a complete meltdown
Best Toronto Team of All Time gets waved off..

Is this the year where will get a 7 game war in the ECF?
I sure hope so.

son the eastern conference has cavaliers written over it for the next couple of years. The talent and especially depth gap is just too big.

BigKAT
10-17-2016, 01:55 PM
I'm not quite sure what your stance is, but 2013 was great and relative to the story line so was 2012. Even in 2014 the Heat got taken to 7.

And it's not just the East. The 2015 WCF were disgusting, and even if the 2016 Thunder were a contender that series was nothing blowouts and seeing who could choke the hardest. Aside from Klay Klay saving Game 6 and a good Curry game or 2 there weren't even reallly any note worthy moments, relatively speaking.

I mentioned 2013 and 2012 as positive examples my friend.
But yeah the Rockets GSW WCF was disgusting as hell.
But OKC Vs GSW was exciting at some points, I liked the games, had fire in them. You really didn't know if GSW will pull off the comeback.

Wally450
10-17-2016, 02:15 PM
I think this is why the 76ers are low key playing it smart. Collecting lottery picks and slowly rebuilding their team. Why would you want to attempt to build a contender now with LeBron still playing at an All Time great level consistently getting the Finals year in and year out?

Once the Sixers develop Ben Simmons for a couple years, Embiid can stay healthy, maybe collect a couple more decent draft picks, LeBron will be pushing 35-36 and declining rapidly IMO. Perfect opportunity to get your team contending then because the East will be wide open.

To answer OP's question, Cavs will represent one spot. The Celtics still need to get over the hump of winning a playoff series with Brad Stevens. As much as I want to put them there, idk if I can.

The Pacers have an opportunity if Paul George can get back to the way he was playing before. The additions of Teague and Jefferson will be interesting. That's a lot of shots going around for Teague, Ellis, PG 13 and Al Jefferson.

Raptors have a solid chance again. Lowry and Derozan can get the team back there.

Hawks can be a dark horse also.

Sportal
10-17-2016, 09:01 PM
It will be harder this year... But "7 games" harder? Idk.

smoovegittar
10-17-2016, 09:03 PM
son the eastern conference has cavaliers written over it for the next couple of years. The talent and especially depth gap is just too big.

This is prob too true.

AintNoSunshine
10-18-2016, 10:12 PM
Just accept the fact that not many teams can handle Bron when he steps up his game in the Playoffs. It takes a super team. Can't wait for part 3 of CLE vs GSW

Heavincent
10-19-2016, 12:36 AM
Cavs vs some fodder team that has no chance.

AirBonner
10-19-2016, 03:17 AM
Yes. Hawks and Celtics are strong. Raptors will be right there. Bloodbath.

SamuraiSWISH
10-19-2016, 05:02 AM
I want Bulls vs Cavs so bad. Just one time even past their primes I wanna see LeBron vs Wade representing their home town ball clubs in a playoff conference finals. Would be absolutely epic.

Jasper
10-19-2016, 11:18 AM
I like Paul George...

BUT I am still sick of watching the Celtics and Lakers battling from the 80's.

So I dismiss the idea of Celtics in the ECF's as well Heat.

It's possible the Bucks and Cav's or the Bulls and Cav's would be entertaining :cheers:

BigKAT
10-19-2016, 11:41 AM
I want Bulls vs Cavs so bad. Just one time even past their primes I wanna see LeBron vs Wade representing their home town ball clubs in a playoff conference finals. Would be absolutely epic.

What I like about the Bulls Vs Cavs (I dunno if it's still legit without Noah there though to spark the fire) Is that when they play Lebron they just play so much harder.

It's like, it doesn't matter if the Bulls are a 50 win team, a 32 win team or a lottery team, you put Lebron in front of them and you know it's going to be a bloodbath.

Question is how Wade will fit into this Anti-Lebron thing, will he stoke the fire with friendly rivalry or not? I think this has the making of the best Eastern Conference Scenario. Boston will just be swept, Atlanta will be mandhandled like every year, unless Howard turns back the wheel 4-5 years.

RedBlackAttack
10-19-2016, 11:53 AM
I hated having to play the Bulls under Thibs. You guys came way closer to beating the Cavs in 2015 than most everyone seems to remember. If not for a LeBron buzzer-beating jumper (not the most consistent play for our offense), the Cavs would have trailed 3-1.

Now, to be fair, Rose also had sort of a lucky buzzer earlier in the series, but still... that was no easy work for the Cavs.

That series was a war.

BigKAT
10-19-2016, 12:22 PM
I hated having to play the Bulls under Thibs. You guys came way closer to beating the Cavs in 2015 than most everyone seems to remember. If not for a LeBron buzzer-beating jumper (not the most consistent play for our offense), the Cavs would have trailed 3-1.

Now, to be fair, Rose also had sort of a lucky buzzer earlier in the series, but still... that was no easy work for the Cavs.

That series was a war.

Tbh game 6 the Bulls looked lethargic and defeated.
Delly was the high scorer with 19 I think.
Low scoring game, was really disappointing, but who can blame them.

It was a gritty series, with two back-to-back buzzer beating game winning shots. And some of the best Playoff Basketball the East had in quite some time.

My favorite Eastern series in the last 5-6 years has to be the Heat Pacer Wars. But other then that it's the Bulls going crazy come playoff time (That Brooklyn Series. DAMN.)

Bankaii
10-19-2016, 12:34 PM
I like Paul George...

BUT I am still sick of watching the Celtics and Lakers battling from the 80's.

So I dismiss the idea of Celtics in the ECF's as well Heat.

It's possible the Bucks and Cav's or the Bulls and Cav's would be entertaining :cheers:
The Bucks would get swept easily.
Not nearly enough scoring to keep up.
No one on that team could even hope of guarding Kyrie. Giannis has the length/athleticism but isn't strong enough so Bron would destroy him. And I'm not even sure Jabari could hold Love down in the low post.

I agree Cavs v Bulls would be fun for the storyline