PDA

View Full Version : Ty Lue advises Kyrie to "Not give a f*ck" if he wants to have mamba mentality

Nilocon165
10-18-2016, 04:38 PM
https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/788474500815921152
Cavs winning it all by the way

jstern
10-18-2016, 04:44 PM
Kobe truly is overrated. What are his percentages in the clutch? Kobe's mentality is pretend to be Michael Jordan in the clutch. But it's not natural so his success rate is low. The point is that Mamba mentality is really contrived.

KirbyPls
10-18-2016, 04:46 PM
Kobe truly is overrated. What are his percentages in the clutch? Kobe's mentality is pretend to be Michael Jordan in the clutch. But it's not natural so his success rate is low. The point is that Mamba mentality is really contrived.

Actually quite fitting considering his personality.

Dr Seuss
10-18-2016, 04:50 PM

kobe's mind fvcked you from beyond the grave

that lasting power!!!

jstern
10-18-2016, 04:57 PM
Actually quite fitting considering his personality.

And I admit, that personality where he somewhat pretends to be Jordan did work for him during his NBA career. It's a little bit of delusion, but that delusion made him a really good player. Just not something that should be emulated by someone who doesn't suffer that similar kind of delusion. Or especially by someone whose first full Finals is many times better than Kobe's best Final.

It's disappointing reading such advice, because when Kyrie broke down his thoughts of the 3 pointer that he hit on Curry's face, it sounded so cerebral and analitical. A true understanding of the moment and situation. And Mamba mentality is just grab the ball and just shoot it with tunnel vision. It's was the opposite of the **** everyone, I eat first mentality.

tpols
10-18-2016, 05:04 PM
kyrie's gotta have the mamba mode, momentum breaking, over and over scoring to counter balance bran's in the flow, here and there, cherrypicking variety ... ty lue is wise.

KirbyPls
10-18-2016, 05:09 PM
And I admit, that personality where he somewhat pretends to be Jordan did work for him during his NBA career. It's a little bit of delusion, but that delusion made him a really good player. Just not something that should be emulated by someone who doesn't suffer that similar kind of delusion. Or especially by someone whose first full Finals is many times better than Kobe's best Final.

It's disappointing reading such advice, because when Kyrie broke down his thoughts of the 3 pointer that he hit on Curry's face, it sounded so cerebral and analitical. A true understanding of the moment and situation. And Mamba mentality is just grab the ball and just shoot it with tunnel vision. It's was the opposite of the **** everyone, I eat first mentality.

Agree. Excellent response to my troll post. You're a good poster.

AnaheimLakers24
10-18-2016, 05:35 PM
kyrie and lebron bout to feast on that cry baby duo for the next 3 years

Spurs m8
10-18-2016, 05:43 PM
lol what?

Kyrie already has a better, smarter, more efficient mentality.

My god Kobe is so overrated.

Hey Kyrie, have a crack at missing the most shots ever, son

Nilocon165
10-18-2016, 05:49 PM
lol what?

Kyrie already has a better, smarter, more efficient mentality.

My god Kobe is so overrated.

Hey Kyrie, have a crack at missing the most shots ever, son
I agree. As a diehard kobe fan, he sucks and he's the worst player I've ever seen.

-Lebron stan

SamuraiSWISH
10-18-2016, 07:35 PM
kyrie's gotta have the mamba mode, momentum breaking, over and over scoring to counter balance bran's in the flow, here and there, cherrypicking variety ... ty lue is wise.
Lol touch

Smoke117
10-18-2016, 07:37 PM

Pretty much.

SwayDizzle
10-18-2016, 10:22 PM
The usual suspects hatin on a legend. And LOOOOOL @ kobe not being analytical. Get the F outta here

Spurs m8
10-18-2016, 11:18 PM
The usual suspects hatin on a legend. And LOOOOOL @ kobe not being analytical. Get the F outta here

Borderline 'legend'

SwayDizzle
10-18-2016, 11:51 PM
Borderline 'legend'
come on bro, I can admit Duncan is a legend even tho he bored the hell out of me

aj1987
10-19-2016, 12:48 AM
:oldlol: @ Kyrie channeling Chuckbe. Those ISO's are going to be the Cavs' bane.

Doranku
10-19-2016, 10:41 AM
Borderline 'legend'

:roll:

It's hilarious to me that you sit on this website and trash Kobe as much as the loser LeBron brigade does, yet you stan a player who is significantly worse than Kobe was and can never even DREAM of becoming the caliber of player that Kobe was. :oldlol:

****ing cuck.

RedBlackAttack
10-19-2016, 11:08 AM
:oldlol: @ Kyrie channeling Chuckbe. Those ISO's are going to be the Cavs' bane.
Uh, they just won a championship with hin as a core member of a Cleveland sports franchise. There has been no "bane" sighting as of yet and the primary goal of all of this has already been accomplished.

Every team in the league uses ISOs. If you don't have guys who can dominate off the dribble in a pinch, you aren't going to win sh!t.

warriorfan
10-19-2016, 11:13 AM
Uh, they just won a championship as a member of a Cleveland sports franchise. There has been no "bane" sighting as of yet and the primary goal of all of this has already been accomplished.

Every team in the league uses ISOs. If you don't have guys who can dominate off the dribble in a pinch, you aren't going to win sh!t.
True. Curry was this player for the Warriors. After his MCL injury during the playoffs he lost his lateral quickness1 and was unable to gain separation in iso situations.

Steph Curry's excellent lateral quickness BEFORE the MCL injury
https://media.giphy.com/media/vJJxhc46rAsnK/giphy.gif

Jasper
10-19-2016, 11:15 AM
kobe's mind fvcked you from beyond the grave

that lasting power!!!
I always laugh at these type of comments from fans of Kobe.
If Kobe actually played team ball , he would never have as many points as he has on the all time list.
He would probably have more dimes , and boards than when he retired.. granted he is a very good player, but the ball hog killer mentality , made the Lacker franchise swim in stardom , with several years without a chip.

aj1987
10-19-2016, 11:17 AM
Uh, they just won a championship with hin as a core member of a Cleveland sports franchise. There has been no "bane" sighting as of yet and the primary goal of all of this has already been accomplished.

I know that you're a Cavs fan and that you defend literally everything and anything that has to do with the Cavs, but good luck with Irving hogging the ball and ISO'ing every time he gets it.

RedBlackAttack
10-19-2016, 11:28 AM
I know that you're a Cavs fan and that you defend literally everything and anything that has to do with the Cavs, but good luck with Irving hogging the ball and ISO'ing every time he gets it.
The results defend themselves. He doesn't need my help.

He takes a reasonable number of shots on good efficiency and the team just won a championship largely because he dominated in isolation (among other important things he did during the playoffs).

If a guy can put up 25+ on 48/44/88 splits with an excellent aasist-to-turnover rate during the most important 20+ games in franchise history, I don't care how they were accumulated.

People have gotten so obsessed with the motion offenses that they've begun to underrate a team's ability to run basic P&R sets and isolation. Again, if you don't have those guys, you're in big trouble.

I also find it funny how Steph Curry can pull up off the dribble from 30-feet and get no criticism, but Kyrie takes more than three dribbles and people start having an aneurysm.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-19-2016, 11:37 AM

He takes a reasonable number of shots on good efficiency and the team just won a championship largely because he dominated in isolation (among other important things he did during the playoffs).

If a guy can put up 25+ on 48/44/88 splits with an excellent aasist-to-turnover rate during the most important 20+ games in franchise history, I don't care how they were accumulated.

People have gotten so obsessed with the motion offenses that they've begun to underrate a team's ability to run basic P&R sets and isolation. Again, if you don't have those guys, you're in big trouble.

I also find it funny how Steph Curry can pull up off the dribble from 30-feet and get no criticism, but Kyrie takes more than three dribbles and people start having an aneurysm.

Beacause Steph is the best Shooter in the world and isnt an iso ball hog?

RedBlackAttack
10-19-2016, 11:43 AM
Beacause Steph is the best Shooter in the world and isnt an iso ball hog?
... and Kyrie Irving has the best handle in the world. Also, Kyrie owns Curry's sole. They've gone head-to-head in 8 Finals games in their respective careers and Irving has throughly dominated him.

So, there's that.

aj1987
10-19-2016, 11:50 AM

Probably because he's a 2x MVP, led his team to a championship, and led a team to 73 wins.

Curry had a shit Finals, TBF, but lets not act like those ISO plays properly stagnant the offense and was one of the problems with the Cavs.

Nash
10-19-2016, 11:50 AM
pls no kobe mentality here or GM goatman king james will make sure kyrie gtfo

RedBlackAttack
10-19-2016, 12:08 PM
Probably because he's a 2x MVP, led his team to a championship, and led a team to 73 wins.

Curry had a shit Finals, TBF, but lets not act like those ISO plays properly stagnant the offense and was one of the problems with the Cavs.
One of the problems, you say? The Cavs' domination of the Warriors in isolation and standard P&R action is the whole reason they won the title, along with incredible team defense and rebounding of course.

Are we going to just ignore the fact that LeBron James himself uses a ton of possessions for isolations, or is it only wrong when Irving does it? Despite his dominating the whole playoffs in isolation / P&R sets?

aj1987
10-19-2016, 12:14 PM
One of the problems, you say? The Cavs' domination of the Warriors in isolation and standard P&R action is the whole reason they won the title, along with incredible team defense and rebounding of course.

Are we going to just ignore the fact that LeBron James himself uses a ton of possessions for isolations, or is it only wrong when Irving does it? Despite his dominating the whole playoffs in isolation / P&R sets?
Those ISO's nearly lost them the series as well. The Cavs' defense and rebounding was the #1 reason why the Cavs won this year. Their offense wasn't anything special.

This thread is about Kyrie. If there's one about LeBron and his ISO's, I'll be sure to chime in.

RedBlackAttack
10-19-2016, 12:35 PM
Those ISO's nearly lost them the series as well. The Cavs' defense and rebounding was the #1 reason why the Cavs won this year. Their offense wasn't anything special.

This thread is about Kyrie. If there's one about LeBron and his ISO's, I'll be sure to chime in.
So, just to be clear...

You think Kyrie Irving's isolating worked against the Cavs in their championship run? I mean, I can dig into the statistics if that is truly the argument, but I would think for anyone actually watching the playoffs, I wouldn't have to get into all that. He was pretty clearly carving up some of the best defenses in the league.

He averaged 30+ points per game on 50+% from the field in the last three games of The Finals. He had the most efficient 40+ point Finals game in NBA history.

You have to score to be able to win, regardless of how good the defense is playing. They were leaning on Irving quite a bit. And, the most important possession in Cavaliers history coming out of a timeout? An Irving isolation that resulted in a three-pointer.

There is video of LeBron pointing for Irving to get the ball in the huddle as they're drawing up that play.

Dr Seuss
10-19-2016, 12:39 PM
I always laugh at these type of comments from fans of Kobe.
If Kobe actually played team ball , he would never have as many points as he has on the all time list.
He would probably have more dimes , and boards than when he retired.. granted he is a very good player, but the ball hog killer mentality , made the Lacker franchise swim in stardom , with several years without a chip.

lol. im not sure how to respond to this because you literally said nothing. "if kobe played team ball hed have more rebounds and dimes, but less points" haha ok?

"several years without a chip" lol what??? literally wtf are you saying?

SamuraiSWISH
10-19-2016, 12:52 PM
come on bro, I can admit Duncan is a legend even tho he bored the hell out of me
Truth. No one got excited to watch him. He's like watching paint dry. Only time he got emotional or entertaining was his bitching and moaning literally over anything the referee called him on. Oh, and thanks for the bronze medal 'best PF ever'

:rolleyes:

aj1987
10-19-2016, 12:55 PM
So, just to be clear...

You think Kyrie Irving's isolating worked against the Cavs in their championship run? I mean, I can dig into the statistics if that is truly the argument, but I would think for anyone actually watching the playoffs, I wouldn't have to get into all that. He was pretty clearly carving up some of the best defenses in the league.

He averaged 30+ points per game on 50+% from the field in the last three games of The Finals. He had the most efficient 40+ point Finals game in NBA history.

You have to score to be able to win, regardless of how good the defense is playing. They were leaning on Irving quite a bit. And, the most important possession in Cavaliers history coming out of a timeout? An Irving isolation that resulted in a three-pointer.

There is video of LeBron pointing for Irving to get the ball in the huddle as they're drawing up that play.
I think we're a bit off here. Let me clarify myself. I'm not saying that Kyrie's ISO's are terrible or whatever, but him ISO'ing all the time (or most of the time) would be to the detriment of the team.

pauk
10-19-2016, 01:06 PM
wtf is a mamba mentality? Black Mamba? Kobe or the Snake? Kobe watched Kill Bill (and Michael Jordan) to much, his clutch numbers suck and the Black Mamba is an overrated venemous snake, the Taipan completely shits on it..... what you want is a Taipan Mentality. :P

Doranku
10-19-2016, 02:01 PM
I think we're a bit off here. Let me clarify myself. I'm not saying that Kyrie's ISO's are terrible or whatever, but him ISO'ing all the time (or most of the time) would be to the detriment of the team.

No shit, moron. Are you trying to imply that's what Kobe did his entire career? ISO all or most of the time?

aj1987
10-19-2016, 02:07 PM
No shit, moron. Are you trying to imply that's what Kobe did his entire career? ISO all or most of the time?
I think it's time you changed your rag, ****.

MiseryCityTexas
10-19-2016, 05:45 PM

Jordan had waaaaaaay more play-off/finals game winners than Kobe.