PDA

View Full Version : The election ALMOST brought me back to the game, but then I watched a quarter...

3ball
10-18-2016, 06:21 PM
:facepalm

What a joke... I'm done... Today's game is a joke - 3-pointers have ruined the game... It took a while, but it DID happen - enjoy your watered down, shit version of the game.

Then I capped off my final viewing of the NBA by watching the "Starters" (Dray n Klay, Mehyta, and WinningFam)... They asked the question whether Lebron can catch Jordan, and the panel's argument was that 3/7 is just as good as 6/6...

Indeed - making the Finals is just as good as winning it - that WAS their argument.. I'm not lying

aj1987
10-18-2016, 06:23 PM
1-9 meltdown. :roll: :roll:

Trollsmasher
10-18-2016, 06:36 PM
1-9

KirbyPls
10-18-2016, 06:36 PM

What a joke... I'm done... Today's game is a joke - 3-pointers have ruined the game... It took a while, but it DID happen - enjoy your watered down, shit version of the game.

Then I capped off my final viewing of the NBA by watching the "Starters" (Dray n Klay, Mehyta, and WinningFam)... They asked the question whether Lebron can catch Jordan, and the panel's argument was that 3/7 is just as good as 6/6...

Indeed - making the Finals is just as good as winning it - that WAS their argument.. I'm not lying

Not your best work.

ralph_i_el
10-18-2016, 06:42 PM
If you don't watch basketball, you shouldn't post here. You must have a sad life to be posting on a forum for a hobby you don't even take part in.

AirBonner
10-18-2016, 06:54 PM

Op should be permabanned for good measure :applause:

Smoke117
10-18-2016, 06:57 PM
Go watch your old bulls tapes and **** off then.

NBAGOAT
10-18-2016, 07:04 PM
people who say 3pointers have ruined the game sound exactly like the old fans who think the passing game has ruined the nfl. It may not be the way the sport has traditionally been played but it's honestly the most effective way to play offensively. Rule changes are a part of it too but not all of it(handchecking and pass interference isn't called nearly as much as when those rules were 1st changed).

CuterThanRubio
10-18-2016, 07:04 PM
What did the upcoming presidential election have to do with you deciding to watch NBA basketball for the first time in your entire life?

And why would you choose to "return" before the season has even started?

This thread is random af

The Starters is trash tho, you made a major mistake by watching that

Embrace the three!

Nilocon165
10-18-2016, 07:10 PM
You and stalker are the only people in this world I consider my life to be better than

Prometheus
10-18-2016, 07:11 PM
Theodore Roosevelt was the GOAT president, so I am going to vote for him every four years, even though he's dead.

3ball
10-18-2016, 07:19 PM
Theodore Roosevelt was the GOAT president, so I am going to vote for him every four years, even though he's dead.
i laughed

Prometheus
10-18-2016, 07:22 PM
i laughed

I wish we could have seen it. Then we might believe you to be human.

SamuraiSWISH
10-18-2016, 07:25 PM
I'd go with JFK over Roosevelt. Dude was in a weak era.

FreezingTsmoove
10-18-2016, 07:29 PM
I agree. This era is weak as shit but there are a lot of good prospects coming in the next 2 years and the past 2 rookie classes have been great

3ball
10-18-2016, 07:30 PM
I agree. This era is weak as shit but there are a lot of good prospects coming in the next 2 years and the past 2 rookie classes have been great
just wait until the 16' HS class makes the pros.

then we might have something

of course, their skills and talents will be developed poorly in today's environment - the only skills they'll learn are those needed to run the plays that get 3-pointers, which are the only plays run nowadays.. so most of their capacity for great skill will be wasted.

Smoke117
10-18-2016, 07:39 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l0MYAH89fiNMdBYFW/giphy.gif

JohnnySic
10-18-2016, 07:47 PM
The Sixers with Embiid, Okafor, Simmons, etc, will lead the charge that will kill the small ball era.

ShawkFactory
10-18-2016, 07:52 PM
Bout fvcking time.

Goddamn robot.

CuhGetsBucks
10-18-2016, 07:55 PM
I don't really like this small ball era but it does have it's pros and cons. One major pro is that it puts the most skilled on the floor, if you can't dribble, exposed. If you can't shoot, exposed. If you cant defend, exposed. One major con is that it kinda kills players who specialize at one thing that's not shooting. For example glass cleaners are not recognized in this era like they would be in any other era.

Yall tripping though, if this is that big of a problem and you guys are not watching basketball because of this then you don't love the game. You love individuals such as MJ. That seems like idol worship to me.

aj1987
10-18-2016, 08:23 PM
I'd go with JFK over Roosevelt. Dude was in a weak era.
Teddy was a proper badass. JFK had weak ass longevity.