PDA

View Full Version : Best Winning Streak In the Upcoming Season?

BigKAT
10-20-2016, 09:36 AM
One Rule.

Best winning streak outside of Golden state.

I think Cleveland will only go for 10-11 tops. Lebron's teams don't usually go on streaks except that Miami 27, they seem to save themselves.

I'm going with either San Antonio going for 16-17,
Or Clippers going wild for 14-15.

Dark Horse - Celtics catch teams unprepared and go hot early with their new additions.

insidehoops
10-21-2016, 09:23 PM
Bump

bigkingsfan
10-21-2016, 09:31 PM
Kings - 2

RedBlackAttack
10-21-2016, 09:43 PM
The Boston Celtics will be this season's version of the 2015 Hawks, imo. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they nab the #1 seed in the East. They're going to be really good with incredible coaching, first of all. Secondly, their schedule is conducive to having a strong record, especially in the middle months.

I also think they're set up from late-December through early March to potentially have several winning streaks ... perhaps a long one.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2e4lmhw.jpg

If I were pushed to guess a specific spot that has the best chance of a long winning streak, I'd say starting with being home against the Wizards on Jan. 11 followed by a long stretch of mostly home games against largely mediocre competition. The exception is obviously home against the Clippers and the Raptors toward the end of that particular string, but I'm still not sold on the Clippers and the Raptors aren't going to try quite as hard, imo, this regular season. They did that last year and it didn't help really at all in the playoffs.

Even when the Cs go out West for a four-game stretch in early-February, those are very winnable games for the kind of team I think they'll be. There are also only two back-to-backs in that whole long stretch of games I posted.

I could see them in the 12-15 range in terms of consecutive wins and I wouldn't be surprised if they're a 60+ win team.

Papaya Petee
10-22-2016, 08:13 AM
The Boston Celtics will be this season's version of the 2015 Hawks, imo. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they nab the #1 seed in the East. They're going to be really good with incredible coaching, first of all. Secondly, their schedule is conducive to having a strong record, especially in the middle months.

I also think they're set up from late-December through early March to potentially have several winning streaks ... perhaps a long one.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2e4lmhw.jpg

If I were pushed to guess a specific spot that has the best chance of a long winning streak, I'd say starting with being home against the Wizards on Jan. 11 followed by a long stretch of mostly home games against largely mediocre competition. The exception is obviously home against the Clippers and the Raptors toward the end of that particular string, but I'm still not sold on the Clippers and the Raptors aren't going to try quite as hard, imo, this regular season. They did that last year and it didn't help really at all in the playoffs.

Even when the Cs go out West for a four-game stretch in early-February, those are very winnable games for the kind of team I think they'll be. There are also only two back-to-backs in that whole long stretch of games I posted.

I could see them in the 12-15 range in terms of consecutive wins and I wouldn't be surprised if they're a 60+ win team.

0 chance. A 52-30 season will be a success.

ILLsmak
10-22-2016, 08:30 AM
Bump

haha, saying 22.

Edit: oops, broke the rule. I thought it was meaning all teams. I'm not sure then..

I don't think GS is gonna be streaking super hard, though.

-Smak

BigKAT
10-22-2016, 08:52 AM
0 chance. A 52-30 season will be a success.

Well yeah.

Red's prediction is a bit on the wild side,

But, no one expected a 60 win Hawks team.
Or a 56 win Raptors team (less suprising, but still)

Heck.
No one would've bet San Antonio to be a 67 win team.
Or Houston to implode so badly, and the Pelicans to start 1-10.

swagga
10-22-2016, 09:25 AM
i don't have the time right now but tbh all the bigger streaks happen in the 2nd part of the season where teams start tanking, so one of the hawks/raptors/spurs/clippers/celtics who'll be fighting for seeding and have a favorable schedule against many mediocre and tanking teams will definately be in the discussion.

Imo GSW won't hit the 15 win streak all season.

Prime_Shaq
10-22-2016, 10:46 AM
12-13ish by the Pacers

sunnyboy91
10-23-2016, 03:08 AM
I'm going to say the Jazz get about 12.
Their core is so young and still improving Maybe Favors has a breakout 20ppg on 52% season or maybe Gobert becomes the clear DPOY. You never know.

FreezingTsmoove
10-23-2016, 03:39 AM
16-0 Warriors in the playoffs

Lebron gets swept for a record two times in the finals

BigKAT
10-23-2016, 04:20 AM
I'm going to say the Jazz get about 12.
Their core is so young and still improving Maybe Favors has a breakout 20ppg on 52% season or maybe Gobert becomes the clear DPOY. You never know.

12 is lukewarm for a season.

We almost always have a 17-20 streak going on in a season.

But I'd love seeing the Jazz get a few breaks go their way.
Wait, no.

I want that 8th seed.
I hope the Jazz don't have things go their way.
Unless enough other western teams don't work out.
Then I'm fine with it.