PDA

View Full Version : Myles Turner

DaHeezy
10-21-2016, 11:34 AM
Is this kid about the break out?
Preseason looks good. He's one of those rare bigs who can hit FT, knock down a 3, while being able to block shots and score inside.

Pacers fans, low down please. Is he this year's breakout star? Or with the addition of Teague and Thad will it slow down progress?

Twiens
10-21-2016, 11:49 AM
This kid looked like a stud in that playoff series with the Raps, his mid-range is money.

TemporaMutantur
10-21-2016, 12:26 PM
His shot is really smooth. He has a good feel for the game. And his confidence is certainly rising, especially after that amazing block on Lebron last season.

He will certainly have a better season. Pacers in general look like they can really make shit happen in the East.

FKAri
10-21-2016, 01:09 PM
The black Porzingis

DaHeezy
10-21-2016, 01:25 PM
His shot is really smooth. He has a good feel for the game. And his confidence is certainly rising, especially after that amazing block on Lebron last season.

He will certainly have a better season. Pacers in general look like they can really make shit happen in the East.

Can he thrive there with Teague and Young on board?

DaHeezy
10-26-2016, 12:28 PM
Let the new Era begin

PG13+Turner

The new Kobe+Gasol

red1
10-26-2016, 02:34 PM
I got very familiar with him after watching the pacers play so many games this year. Turner is a future all-star. Good hands, size, strength, and even has range on his jumpshot. All that as a 19-20 year old rookie.

Perfect big for today's league.

Dro
10-26-2016, 05:11 PM
I got very familiar with him after watching the pacers play so many games this year. Turner is a future all-star. Good hands, size, strength, and even has range on his jumpshot. All that as a 19-20 year old rookie.

Perfect big for today's league.
I agree with this. Sometimes when he gets the ball in the post, he's in a hurry to make a move. He hasn't established an actual "back to the basket" post game but he may not really need it right now. He's very quick for his size. He can take bigger centers off the dribble. He can run the pick and roll or he can pop out for the jumper. He hasn't taken a ton of 3's but I have confidence when he takes it from the corner.

Excellent shot blocker, excellent timing. We saw that when he blocked Lebron's dunk last year. Most big men wouldn't have even challenged that, let alone block it. He plays with intensity the entire time he's out there, great passion.

Right now he just needs to be more patient on the offensive end and learn to take advantage of the mismatches he gets. When we first got him, I wasn't sure if he was a 4 or a 5. Now I'm very confident he's a 5.

DaHeezy
10-27-2016, 01:21 AM
Next Kobe and Pau!

DaHeezy
10-27-2016, 03:58 AM
Pacers might be the 3rd best team in the league. I'd actually put them ahead of GS. Just a complete team. George seems Ok with deferring shots to Turner. I'm thinking Myles is a 25/10 guy with George being a 25+ scorer too. Recipe for success