PDA

View Full Version : KAT is going to win MVP and lead Wolves to a top 4 seed

alenleomessi
10-22-2016, 05:12 AM
You heard it here first

imdaman99
10-22-2016, 05:19 AM
The KAT hype is so nauseating. Everyone and their mothers cannot wait to swallow this guys load :facepalm

BigKAT
10-22-2016, 07:31 AM
Please stop Jinxing us.

We can all bask in his greatness -after- he won MVP.

I really hope he doesn't turn into the next great star with unfortunate circumstances. (DMC, AD)

smoovegittar
10-22-2016, 09:25 AM
Very likeable kid. I'm rooting for him.

swagga
10-22-2016, 09:28 AM
with golden state, lebron and a balanced spurs around, KAT isn't touching an mvp in the next 3-5 years.

PeroAntic
10-22-2016, 10:35 AM
People said the same for AD. Towns needs to avoid injuries and make his team a lot better, then we can talk

ScalsFan21
10-22-2016, 12:57 PM
KAT is a machine. And I'm holding him to a very high standard this year. He has MORE than enough help to clear at least the top six seeds out West. As long as Thibs doesn't run these guys into the ground, they got a good shot of at least that, and they could even upset a team in the first round.

LaVine's breakout is coming in a big way, and if he can actually sort of hold his own defensively, this group could be a top 5-7 defensive unit in the L.

Mike smith
10-22-2016, 02:28 PM
KAT is a machine. And I'm holding him to a very high standard this year. He has MORE than enough help to clear at least the top six seeds out West. As long as Thibs doesn't run these guys into the ground, they got a good shot of at least that, and they could even upset a team in the first round.

LaVine's breakout is coming in a big way, and if he can actually sort of hold his own defensively, this group could be a top 5-7 defensive unit in the L.
Top 6??? The guy is what 21 years old and already holding him and his team to a high standard where there core players are between 20-22

ScalsFan21
10-22-2016, 06:14 PM
Top 6??? The guy is what 21 years old and already holding him and his team to a high standard where there core players are between 20-22

Let's not forget, Davis took a team to the playoffs at the same age despite injuries to himself for several games, and almost all of his teammates. KAT right now has more talent and coaching around him than AD ever did, and there really are no clear-cut locked 5th/6th seeds out West. I don't think it's asking the world from them (or the Jazz for that matter) to get into the 6th/7th seed range.

Gotterdammerung
10-22-2016, 06:34 PM
If KAT averages 21 ppg, 12 rpg, 2.5 bpg, shoots a high 55%, (just like Tim Duncan did at 21 years old) and leads his team to 55 wins or more, then he's in MVP conversation with other favorites like Durant, Curry, LBJ.

I don't know if he's ready, though, but that's the bar KAT has to hit first. :cheers:

bdreason
10-22-2016, 06:50 PM
He's a couple years away from this type of success. He's certainly on the right path though.

AirBonner
10-22-2016, 07:16 PM
Wiggins winning mvp confirmed :oldlol:

FKAri
10-22-2016, 07:25 PM
He'll fix the economy and improve US foreign relations before the year is up. Next year is the real big step. Can he gain enough support within a year to unite all humans and be proclaimed Earth's singular ruler?

Meticode
10-22-2016, 09:14 PM
If I were a Timberwolves fan what I would best hope for is improved play from KAT, Wiggins and LaVine. That Dunn progresses well. Personally I think Rubio needs to eventually be replaced with a offensive capable point guard. He at least needs to knock down jump shots, which he hasn't been able to do reliably in his career.

Hopefully a number of these things translate into winning more games than last year and improving as a team.

ShawkFactory
10-22-2016, 09:35 PM
In 2019?

Pointguard
10-22-2016, 10:49 PM
In 2019?
Exactly.

Harison
10-23-2016, 05:12 AM
That would be very impressive, but IMO its few years early to have this conversation. There are few superstars in their primes who have much greater chance winning MVP now and in near future.

FireDavidKahn
10-23-2016, 05:58 AM
Not this year, but in the future he will.

This year will be the start of 15 consecutive all star teams and I would even go as far as saying I would be shocked if he doesn't end up on some all-nba team this year.

FireDavidKahn
10-23-2016, 06:00 AM
The KAT hype is so nauseating. Everyone and their mothers cannot wait to swallow this guys load :facepalm
How can you not?

This guy literally does everything on the court and doesn't have any glaring weaknesses in his game...and that was just his rookie year.

He also is incredibly marketable, a very good interview, non-diva and only cares about the team.

There is literally nothing bad on this guy and he is a media darling.

FireDavidKahn
10-23-2016, 06:02 AM

Top 6 seed would be nice but JUST FOR THIS YEAR, I kinda want to temper expectations a bit team wise.

New coach means new system.

New system takes time to learn and it'll be bumpy at times.

Could all be moot if they pick it up right away though.

2017-18 will be the start when I will be utterly disappointed if we don';t start producing.

BigKAT
10-23-2016, 06:07 AM
Top 6 seed would be nice but JUST FOR THIS YEAR, I kinda want to temper expectations a bit team wise.

New coach means new system.

New system takes time to learn and it'll be bumpy at times.

Could all be moot if they pick it up right away though.

2017-18 will be the start when I will be utterly disappointed if we don';t start producing.

:applause:

I've heard people saying we should get 50 wins this season.
Are the batshit crazy? (I'd love 50 wins and all) but these expectations are insane.

Give me 44-38 and that sweet, sweet 8th seed, plus maybe a scare on GSW in the first round (4-1?!)

And I'll hyperbole into paradise.

ralph_i_el
10-23-2016, 07:17 AM
Wolves have to win ~55 games to get this type of recognition for KAT. If they do, sure.....but they won't