PDA

View Full Version : If the Warriors don't win the next 4 titles, they're a disappointment

ArbitraryWater
10-24-2016, 04:35 PM
Tempted to say 5, thats how much of a joke it is.

Da Real Lambo
10-24-2016, 04:53 PM
lettuce remember lebron got his ass handed to him on his first year of both his collusions. if warriors win on their first colluded year i have both curry and durant ahead of lecollude, founding father of the colluding era.

Ca$H
10-24-2016, 04:55 PM

Injuries can always happen. Nothing is guaranteed.

swagga
10-24-2016, 05:07 PM
talent alone doesn't win you rings, it's balanced team building that does it, the warriors have some DEEP flaws:
- absolutely horrible big rotation. draymond green will set a new record of hatred this year as the refs will let him escape with more shit (otherwise he'll get in foul trouble fast) : no rebounding, poor rim protection, last year they were 16th in inside defending, this year they'll get jizzed on inside.
- no leadership, this is first and foremost a cuck team
- no rebounding/ big bodies means injuries. zaza is their best big bigman. This will put a heavy toll on the wings as they'll have to support much more inside. Durant playing big will 100% bring him some injuries
- pace, they'll have to play fast, which will increase the expended effort.
- they won't get the same screens like last year

Imo this team will see some injuries, a lot of hate and will fail spectacularly, it'll make last year look pedestrian in terms of meltdowns.

tpols
10-24-2016, 05:20 PM
thats what everyone [and Heat players themselves] said about the Heat when they first joined, except it was on the order of 6 or 7 championships ..

it's never going to be as easy as you think

Orlando Magic
10-24-2016, 05:38 PM
lettuce remember lebron got his ass handed to him on his first year of both his collusions. if warriors win on their first colluded year i have both curry and durant ahead of lecollude, founding father of the colluding era.

Did your warriorfan and TommyGriffin accounts get banned again?

Bankaii
10-24-2016, 05:58 PM
Did your warriorfan and TommyGriffin accounts get banned again?
The fact that he blatantly runs around loose with 5+ accounts is pathetic.

34-24 Footwork
10-24-2016, 06:19 PM
Lol @ wishing injuries in this thread. Yall that mad? Lol.

Be careful what you wish for.

SCdac
10-24-2016, 06:30 PM
73 win team and near back-to-back champions adds superstar Kevin Durant.. yeah, if they don't win this year or next at the very least they're a huge disappointment

The 2011 Heat had ****ing Mike Bibby and Carlos Arroyo running the point, and 459382 year old Zydrunas Ilgauskas starting at center... all 3 of them retired within a year

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0502/nba_g_mbiits_576.jpg

34-24 Footwork
10-24-2016, 06:32 PM
Lol. So the 2011 Heat were the underdogs in the finals?

Gotcha. Lmao.

These guys are hilarious.

Blaming the finals loss on Bibby, Carlos Arroyo and Big Z? Hmmmm. My mind may be playing tricks on me, but I do recall someone else being personally responsible for that loss.

SouBeachTalents
10-24-2016, 06:33 PM

This fakkit is mad

SCdac
10-24-2016, 06:34 PM
The situations are / were both whack, but not comparable at all ... The Warriors have stacked the deck like a mf'er ... They didn't need Durant and he didn't need them to be great

SCdac
10-24-2016, 06:43 PM

Gotcha. Lmao.

Blaming the finals loss on Bibby, Carlos Arroyo and Big Z? Hmmmm. My mind may be playing tricks on me, but I do recall someone else being personally responsible for that loss.

No doubt that loss was on Lebron, a growing process for him surely... but he's also the guy who took his no-name Cavs team to the Finals at just 22 years old , his 4th season in the league, and has proved himself multiple times since then ... dude might finish top-10 all time in assists and he's not even a PG

The Heat were put together on the fly and came apart in the playoffs and took time to fully gel and become champions (beating Durant's Thunder in the process). The composition of their team is not comparable at all to the current Warriors. GSW stacked the deck, an already all-time great team, adding KD to the current warriors is video game level BS and it's why they're still hearing people talk shit about it

NBAGOAT
10-24-2016, 06:48 PM

Gotcha. Lmao.

we all know who it is. not his point however. His point is that the warriors are on a different level from the Heat and way bigger favorites. actually agree with tpols however. 90% of the time, teams have trouble their 1st year. They should win at least a couple titles however if no one leaves still

ArbitraryWater
10-24-2016, 06:53 PM
lol at having troubles in their opening year... when was the last time that happened to an actual dynasty esque team? Never.

You cant just say stuff like that without any reason behind it... ughhhh.

According to Vegas the Warriors odds have moved to 2-3 to win the 2016-17 NBA Championship.

First team since the 1996/1997 Bulls to enter the NBA season with better than even odds to win the title.

34-24 Footwork
10-24-2016, 06:58 PM
When the Warriors play a team equivalent to a Bucks team led by Brandon Jennings in the first round, call me.

Nothing is guaranteed....unless you're a super team playing in the Eastern Conference.

Not sure why Golden State gets this much flack, honestly. Outside of a couple vets, they built their team thru the draft before picking up KD.

The only superstars on that team is Curry and KD. Klay and Draymond are byproducts of Curry's court vision and jumper....although Klay is developing a bit faster than expected.

So it's really superstar PG vs superstar PG...superstar SF vs Superstar SF.

If anything, it's fair now. It won't be a geriatric, back broken Iggy vs Lebron. It will be the 2 best SFs in the league.

And by the way, the Warriors still play in the better conference. No team is laying down for them.

34-24 Footwork
10-24-2016, 07:02 PM
Supreme ball movement, man movement is responsible for the Warriors success. There's nothing "super" about the team.

It's a team with 2 stars on it. Everyone needs to calm their shit.

Curry and KD still kinda soft. Not sure if Zaza is an upgrade or not. Teams will be going at their neck all season. They will have problems.

NBAGOAT
10-24-2016, 07:09 PM
Supreme ball movement, man movement is responsible for the Warriors success. There's nothing "super" about the team.

It's a team with 2 stars on it. Everyone needs to calm their shit.

Curry and KD still kinda soft. Not sure if Zaza is an upgrade or not. Teams will be going at their neck all season. They will have problems.

2 of the top 3 guys in the league like lebron and wade. Still u add on most likely a top 15 guy in draymond and top 20 guy in klay. I was one of the few guys here who didn't really hate on kd but name any team ever that on paper had 4 top 20 guys. Closest might have been your 2013 Lakers.

34-24 Footwork
10-24-2016, 07:19 PM
2 of the top 3 guys in the league like lebron and wade. Still u add on most likely a top 15 guy in draymond and top 20 guy in klay. I was one of the few guys here who didn't really hate on kd but name any team ever that on paper had 4 top 20 guys. Closest might have been your 2013 Lakers.

On paper, you can't compare the 2013 Lakers with this team. Lol. Come on now. This team will be the real deal.

Your first sentence says it all. 2 of the 3 top guys. It's already happened. As fans, we have to be consistent with our outrage, to some degree. This literally just happened and nobody batted an eye.

This team will be great, but let's wait til we pass judgment. What I hate is the overrating of Dray and Klay. Reminds me of the 2015 "All Star" Hawks. Lol.

What a fvcking joke. This team NOW has 2 superstars with role players. Nothing more, nothing less.

There level of unselfishness and non-statpadding will make it seem like everyone is an all star. But that's a product of their system.

SouBeachTalents
10-24-2016, 07:22 PM
On paper, you can't compare the 2013 Lakers with this team. Lol. Come on now. This team will be the real deal.

Your first sentence says it all. 2 of the 3 top guys. It's already happened. As fans, we have to be consistent with our outrage, to some degree. This literally just happened and nobody batted an eye.

This team will be great, but let's wait til we pass judgment. What I hate is the overrating of Dray and Klay. Reminds me of the 2015 "All Star" Hawks. Lol.

What a fvcking joke. This team NOW has 2 superstars with role players. Nothing more, nothing less.

There level of unselfishness and non-statpadding will make it seem like everyone is an all star. But that's a product of their system.

Klay & Dray are not role players, they both made the All-NBA team last season. It's two superstars, two stars, and a FMVP off the bench

NBAGOAT
10-24-2016, 07:29 PM

i'm not outraged by either so i think im being consistent. Your line about the system making guys seems great until you look at how other guys do in the system(the actual role players). Guys like iggy, bogut, and barnes didn't become all stars and they're considered some of the better role players in the game. anyway, dray brings most of his value on defense, offensive doesn't really help him that much.

34-24 Footwork
10-24-2016, 07:32 PM
Klay & Dray are not role players, they both made the All-NBA team last season. It's two superstars, two stars, and a FMVP off the bench

Lol @ all these technicalities. New fans are weird.

34-24 Footwork
10-24-2016, 07:35 PM
i'm not outraged by either so i think im being consistent. Your line about the system making guys seems great until you look at how other guys do in the system(the actual role players). Guys like iggy, bogut, and barnes didn't become all stars and they're considered some of the better role players in the game. anyway, dray brings most of his value on defense, offensive doesn't really help him that much.

Phenomenal post. Yes. Iggy is a phenomenal role player. Nothing wrong with that. But what was Barbosa and Livingston doing before joining the Warriors? Why so much attention on role players all of sudden. Warriors have competency from top bottom. That's a testament to the GM.

And I agree with you about Draymond. But any other team he's on, he's fvcked. Let's me real.

NBAGOAT
10-24-2016, 07:48 PM
Phenomenal post. Yes. Iggy is a phenomenal role player. Nothing wrong with that. But what was Barbosa and Livingston doing before joining the Warriors? Why so much attention on role players all of sudden. Warriors have competency from top bottom. That's a testament to the GM.

And I agree with you about Draymond. But any other team he's on, he's fvcked. Let's me real.

the attention on role players was just to show the system can only elevate u so far. Team success and stats even sure for draymond. he's still good enough to carry a top 10 defense and he's still going get consideration for dpoy and at least make the all star game.

34-24 Footwork
10-24-2016, 08:00 PM
the attention on role players was just to show the system can only elevate u so far. Team success and stats even sure for draymond. he's still good enough to carry a top 10 defense and he's still going get consideration for dpoy and at least make the all star game.

He's not a transcendent defensive player. His hustle can last the test of time in any era, but he would be a SF....with awkward dribble moves, poor explosion from the triple threat stance and travels more often than not.

Draymond is a beneficiary of this era and the team he's on. I'm just tryna keep it funky here. I want him on my team, but there are players in the league that are better at defense and offense.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here

Young X
10-24-2016, 08:04 PM
^ Nobody in the league was more impactful on defense last year. He should've been DPOY.

red1
10-24-2016, 08:06 PM
34-24 :facepalm

34-24 Footwork
10-24-2016, 08:15 PM
^ Nobody in the league was more impactful on defense last year. He should've been DPOY.

That's may be true. Not gonna deny that. What I'm saying is that is team is GREAT. I wouldn't call the stacked. They developed their drafted players and developed them. They picked up role players along the way and....tadaa.

Curry and KD are the two superstars....very similar to Wade and Bron.

If Curry and KD were in the eastern conference, I would be singing a different tune. But they're still in the competitive conference.

Catch up

bdreason
10-24-2016, 08:20 PM
Cavs #1 in the power rankings. No excuses.

tpols
10-24-2016, 08:25 PM
Cavs #1 in the power rankings. No excuses.

yup..

The next best contenders in the East / West are the Spurs @ 11:1 and the Celtics @ 25:1.

so, the Cavs are still better favorites to moonwalk their way to the Finals than the Warriors are.

General consensus just think Golden State is going to lay down a massive beatdown once they both get there.. guess they realize last years fluke was all too real...

Young X
10-24-2016, 08:30 PM
That's may be true. Not gonna deny that. What I'm saying is that is team is GREAT. I wouldn't call the stacked. They developed their drafted players and developed them. They picked up role players along the way and....tadaa.

If Curry and KD were in the eastern conference, I would be singing a different tune. But they're still in the competitive conference.

Catch upI can't even take you seriously if you're saying this team is not stacked.

If they're not stacked then there's no such thing as a team being "stacked".

The conference doesn't even matter anymore. Durant leaving the Thunder and going to the Warriors completely weakened the west. There's no team that should get in their way. Everybody expects them to get back to the finals.

34-24 Footwork
10-24-2016, 08:53 PM
I can't even take you seriously if you're saying this team is not stacked.

If they're not stacked then there's no such thing as a team being "stacked".

The conference doesn't even matter anymore. Durant leaving the Thunder and going to the Warriors completely weakened the west. There's no team that should get in their way. Everybody expects them to get back to the finals.

It's a fakkit move by KD, but it is what it is. No parity in either conference. But the west is still more competitive.

If The Warriors go up against the Spurs/Clippers in the 1st round, that's not the same thing as the Cavs going up against the Bobcats, Nets or some shit team. Let's not kid ourselves, fellas.

NBAGOAT
10-24-2016, 09:00 PM

Catch up

i mean you're still overlooking klay. There's no era where a 20ppg scorer is a role player. he's a good defender too and has the ability to show up in playoff games. Dray+Klay>just Bosh and Warriors supporting cast>Heat supporting cast.

lol at having troubles in their opening year... when was the last time that happened to an actual dynasty esque team? Never.

You cant just say stuff like that without any reason behind it... ughhhh.

According to Vegas the Warriors odds have moved to 2-3 to win the 2016-17 NBA Championship.

First team since the 1996/1997 Bulls to enter the NBA season with better than even odds to win the title.

my definition of troubles is pretty loose. for the warriors, it could be just starting 10-10 or not winning 60 games or having a couple series go 4-2 in the playoffs. could be recency bias but pretty much every team that looks great on paper but just went through changes faces some adversity. The 08 Celtics gelled the quickest imo but even they had playoff problems against teams they should've beat by 10+ every game.

Young X
10-24-2016, 09:06 PM
It's a fakkit move by KD, but it is what it is. No parity in either conference. But the west is still more competitive.

If The Warriors go up against the Spurs/Clippers in the 1st round, that's not the same thing as the Cavs going up against the Bobcats, Nets or some shit team. Let's not kid ourselves, fellas.The Warriors would never face those teams in the first round anyway.

The west is a little more competitive than the east but it's basically the same thing. You have 1 dominant team and no other teams that (should) compare to them.

tpols
10-24-2016, 09:16 PM
The Warriors would never face those teams in the first round anyway.

The west is a little more competitive than the east but it's basically the same thing. You have 1 dominant team and no other teams that (should) compare to them.

its really not the same thing at all when were comparing the celtics to the spurs

Hey Yo
10-24-2016, 09:21 PM
^^^^ dude who used Kobe's all-star appearances as an argument for him, yet those who make All-NBA teams are mere role players.

:oldlol:

"if Drayfag plays game 5.......the Cavs lose!!!!"

4mos. later

"He's just a role player"

Young X
10-24-2016, 09:22 PM
its really not the same thing at all when were comparing the celtics to the spursWe haven't seen them play an official game yet but if this team is anywhere near as good as we predict then it basically is the same thing.

34-24 Footwork
10-24-2016, 09:23 PM
^^^^ dude who used Kobe's all-star appearances as an argument for him, yet those who make All-NBA teams are mere role players.

:oldlol:

Kobe has mind-raped you, young man.

NBAGOAT
10-24-2016, 09:25 PM
its really not the same thing at all when were comparing the celtics to the spurs

as you have said many times, we'll have to wait and see. Duncan's defense during the RS will be missed and bulls fans hated gasol. aldridge could go back to being kind of inefficient and his defense last year was a little surprising. I think they'll still be elite but it's not a sure thing and they're not getting 67 wins again.

Hey Yo
10-24-2016, 09:27 PM
Kobe has mind-raped you, young man.
you got ruined, old dumb ass.

34-24 Footwork
10-24-2016, 09:28 PM

This is EXACTLY what i'm trying to say. In 2015, the defending champs got the Clippers led by BG, and CP3 in the first round. The Cavs got Boston...led by Crowder and Olynik.

That parity tho :applause: :applause:

Let that sink in for a moment.

If we're gonna have a conversation about a parity, then we have to have a conversation about moving teams to their proper conference.

As long as the 1st seed in the East gets the luxury to play the bobcats or nets or some shit, and the 1st seed in the west plays Dallas, Clippers, Portland in the first round, I don't wanna hear jack shit about parity.

We'll always have the same problem until that's fixed.

34-24 Footwork
10-24-2016, 09:28 PM
as you have said many times, we'll have to wait and see. Duncan's defense during the RS will be missed and bulls fans hated gasol. aldridge could go back to being kind of inefficient and his defense last year was a little surprising. I think they'll still be elite but it's not a sure thing and they're not getting 67 wins again.

Lol. Whose more likely to get pass the first round? Spurs or Boston?

Answer the question.

tpols
10-24-2016, 09:29 PM

ill put my left nut on spurs still being way better than the Celtics and i have a feeling you would too.

34-24 Footwork
10-24-2016, 09:31 PM
The Warriors would never face those teams in the first round anyway.

This is bullshit. We were just talking about how "stacked" the Spurs were after the ring in 2014. They lose to INSTANTLY in the first round next season because they go up against the "lowly" Clippers.

Can't keep moving the goal post, homie.

Nothing guaranteed in the Western Conference.

Young X
10-24-2016, 09:38 PM
This is EXACTLY what i'm trying to say. In 2015, the defending champs got the Clippers led by BG, and CP3 in the first round. The Cavs got Boston...led by Crowder and Olynik.

That parity tho :applause: :applause:

Let that sink in for a moment.

If we're gonna have a conversation about a parity, then we have to have a conversation about moving teams to their proper conference.

As long as the 1st seed in the East gets the luxury to play the bobcats or nets or some shit, and the 1st seed in the west plays Dallas, Clippers, Portland in the first round, I don't wanna hear jack shit about parity.

We'll always have the same problem until that's fixed.This has NOTHING to do with the Warriors.

Unless they get hit with a bunch of injuries, they will be the #1 seed.

So they won't have to deal with those teams in the first round. They'll deal with some hopeless 40+ win team like they would in the east.

34-24 Footwork
10-24-2016, 09:42 PM
This has NOTHING to do with the Warriors.

Unless they get hit with a bunch of injuries, they will be the #1 seed.

So they won't have to deal with those teams in the first round. They'll deal with some hopeless 40+ win team like they would in the east.

A 45 win team in the west is NOT the same as a 45 win team in the east.

Sorry man...just not the same.

Young X
10-24-2016, 09:52 PM
A 45 win team in the west is NOT the same as a 45 win team in the east.

Sorry man...just not the same.Who cares!

They are still hopeless against whoever they face. Whether it's the Cavs or the Warriors. It makes no difference.

And it's funny that in a discussion like this everybody wants to point out the "conference disparity", but those same teams that are actually losing out west are supposed to be failures for losing early. Bullshit.

34-24 Footwork
10-24-2016, 09:54 PM
Who cares!

They are still hopeless against whoever they face. Whether it's the Cavs or the Warriors. It makes no difference.

And it's funny that in a discussion like this everybody wants to point out the "conference disparity", but those same teams that are actually losing out west are supposed to be failures for losing early. Bullshit.

Styles P himself would laugh at what you just posted.

Young X
10-24-2016, 10:00 PM
^ Styles is the hardest rapper ever. F*ck what you heard.

34-24 Footwork
10-24-2016, 10:04 PM
^ Styles is the hardest rapper ever. F*ck what you heard.

Jada, Pusha >>>>>Styles. But good taste though :cheers:

Young X
10-24-2016, 10:06 PM
Pusha would probably tell you himself you're wrong.

And I love Kiss and am actually listening to one of his songs right now but Styles is better than him.

NBAGOAT
10-24-2016, 10:21 PM
ill put my left nut on spurs still being way better than the Celtics and i have a feeling you would too.

I could easily see something like 55 wins for the Spurs to 52 wins for the Celtics. Ofc I bet on the Spurs but no I'm not confident enough to bet my left nut on it.

Lol. Whose more likely to get pass the first round? Spurs or Boston?

Answer the question.

Spurs. However that doesn't completely help your point. The Spurs are better ofc but part of picking the Spurs is also me thinking the bottom of the East is likely better than the bottom of the West. A team like the Pacers or Pistons could end up being the 6th seed. I take them over a team like the Blazers or Rockets.

SamuraiSWISH
10-25-2016, 12:45 AM
Pusha would probably tell you himself you're wrong.

And I love Kiss and am actually listening to one of his songs right now but Styles is better than him.
White boy Em shits on everyone lyrically.

Jasper
10-25-2016, 10:47 AM
With 4 all-stars on one team , and a very good rebounder and defender in ZAZA,, I would say 2 out of 3.

Crap about Lebron , or Kobe with Glove and Malone throw that out , different situations with players age.
And please don't compare teams with 2 or 3 all-stars with FOUR(.)

HurricaneKid
10-25-2016, 12:18 PM
With 4 all-stars on one team , and a very good rebounder and defender in ZAZA,, I would say 2 out of 3.

Crap about Lebron , or Kobe with Glove and Malone throw that out , different situations with players age.
And please don't compare teams with 2 or 3 all-stars with FOUR(.)

Teams play to opponent's weaknesses. So when the LBJ/Wade/Bosh Heat were going at it, teams were just putting Arroyo/Bibby in a PnR with Dampier/Z/Anthony. NONE of those guys were even NBA players. LeBron/Wade couldn't shoot either so defenses just swarmed them and left Anthony/Dampier under the basket all alone.

Try that mind exercise with 4 all NBA players, plus the myriad of really good role players who you will not be able to leave. Its a comical false equivalency.

ArbitraryWater
10-25-2016, 01:49 PM

you cant be serious