PDA

View Full Version : Who will lead the league in assists?

ClipperRevival
10-24-2016, 10:41 PM
Vegas odds:

Westbrook +230
Rondo +285
Paul +325
Wall +350

I like the odds on CP3. Not saying he'll lead but given those odds, I wouldn't mind putting a little down on it.

FreezingTsmoove
10-24-2016, 10:56 PM
Rondo

Young X
10-24-2016, 11:01 PM
Probably Wall.

Westbrook will shoot alot more so his assists will likely go down.

Rondo's will probably go down too because of the lack of shooting on the Bulls.

CP won't get enough because of Blake, plus he doesn't play enough minutes.

Papaya Petee
10-25-2016, 12:04 AM
So Westbrook is the preseason favorite in points and assists?

The answer is Chris Paul

NBAGOAT
10-25-2016, 12:38 AM
you know i'm going go bold and not pick a guy in the top 4. If minnesota is going improve as much as people say, rubio will get more assists(already 8.7 last year) so I'll go him. Young X already gave the reasons for CP3(Edit: Westbrook and Rondo too) and I think Wall's going do about the same as last year since he doesn't have much help in Washington.

ScalsFan21
10-25-2016, 01:01 AM
I do think the smart $ is on Wall. Doesn't have another "playmaker" on his team like CP3 has to deal with, though I've read Doc may stagger their minutes more this season (as they should).

Rondo will dip to 8.5 or so. I don't think he's a threat whatsoever to lead the league, way too many cooks in that kitchen that need the ball, and we all know about their garbage spacing too. Could see a lot of pick and pop with him and the bigs but I don't see him coming near Wall or CP3.

Rubio is a really good darkhorse if he stays w/ the Wolves all year.

bobopenguin
10-25-2016, 01:09 AM
rondo.

Meticode
10-25-2016, 01:15 AM
Chris Paul

Young X
10-25-2016, 01:32 AM
It's all about winning at this point for Chris but if he were to lead the league in assists and steals again this year he would be a 5x assist leader and 7x steals leader.

That plus probably a 7th defensive 1st team and another 1st or 2nd All-NBA team selection at only 32. Pretty impressive.

Too bad his body is so fragile or he could've come close to challenging both Stockton's steals and assist records.

Phenith
10-25-2016, 07:32 AM
Not sure WB has the team mates for that and hasn't developed any regular season chemistry with Oladipo to be that much of the favorite, he'll be up there though.
Rondo redeemed himself last year, but there is a crowd of high usage guys around him, he'll be up there as long as things hold together in Chicago.
CP is a perenial contender who will be there again this year, on the tail of his career, will start to show signs soon.
Wall is the youngest of the group just heading into his prime and has that burning desire to be the best, he's my pick to upset the three ahead of him.

Jasper
10-25-2016, 10:36 AM
aussy - Delly on the BUCKS :rockon: :cheers: :rockon:

qrich
10-25-2016, 10:40 AM
I'm going with John Wall. I can see Paul come out and focus a bit more on scoring and allowing Blake to be the focal point, causing him to get a dip of a dime a game or something. Rondo won't lead in assists as the Bulls are going to be damn predictable. Russ will focus too much on scoring.

I<3NBA
10-25-2016, 11:20 AM
why isn't Rubio in the list? with the guys on his team who can score, and him handling the ball, he's gotta rack up a lot of assists.

k0kakw0rld
10-25-2016, 12:10 PM
Deron Williams

ClipperRevival
10-25-2016, 01:43 PM
So Westbrook is the preseason favorite in points and assists?

The answer is Chris Paul

According to the oddsmakers. Pretty crazy huh?

ClipperRevival
10-25-2016, 01:45 PM
Probably Wall.

Westbrook will shoot alot more so his assists will likely go down.

Rondo's will probably go down too because of the lack of shooting on the Bulls.

CP won't get enough because of Blake, plus he doesn't play enough minutes.

Yup. CP3 averaged like 10.1 APG when Blake was out (about 35 games) last year and his APG was at like 9.1 when he played with Blake. No doubt Blake takes a few assists away from him due his own ability to create for others.

Wally450
10-25-2016, 02:41 PM
I want to choose Rondo, but with D Wade and Butler taking shots and assist opportunities with Iso ball, I don't see it.

Probably Chris Paul or Westbrook. I'd put money on Chris Paul.

feyki
10-25-2016, 04:23 PM
John Wall .

Smoke117
10-25-2016, 05:03 PM
It's all about winning at this point for Chris but if he were to lead the league in assists and steals again this year he would be a 5x assist leader and 7x steals leader.

That plus probably a 7th defensive 1st team and another 1st or 2nd All-NBA team selection at only 32. Pretty impressive.

Too bad his body is so fragile or he could've come close to challenging both Stockton's steals and assist records.

Come on...whether his body was fragile or not he was never coming close to challenging the assist record...that is one of those almost impossible to imagine someone ever surpassing records. It'd be pretty hard for CP3 to catch Stockton in steals to because it's just uncommon in general for ANY players to have that kind of healthy longevity Stock did. He has an absurd 2.2spg average through 19 seasons.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-25-2016, 05:07 PM
Curry. You Heard it here first.

Young X
10-25-2016, 05:19 PM
Come on...whether his body was fragile or not he was never coming close to challenging the assist record...that is one of those almost impossible to imagine someone ever surpassing records. It'd be pretty hard for CP3 to catch Stockton in steals to because it's just uncommon in general for ANY players to have that kind of healthy longevity Stock did. He has an absurd 2.2spg average through 19 seasons.His averages are right there with Stockton's.

And he, like Stockton relies 100% on skill and smarts so his numbers shouldn't dip that much as he gets older.

Ability-wise he's good enough to do it. The difference is all the injuries and missed games. His body is made of glass and Stockton is the ultimate ironman.