PDA

View Full Version : Help me out guys.. Explain why Durant's "decision" is so different from Lebron's

3ball
10-25-2016, 10:42 PM
Both guys left their original teams to form "super teams" where the expectation is "not 5, not 6, not 7..."

Everyone is saying Durant's decision is beta and ruined his career - but wasn't everyone saying the same thing about Lebron in summer 2010 (and probably saying it here on ISH)?

Tell me what I'm missing

TheWinningFam
10-25-2016, 10:45 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuJ6FIPUIAAzhKf.jpg

aj1987
10-25-2016, 10:47 PM
Both guys left their original teams to form "super teams" where the expectation is "not 5, not 6, not 7..."

Everyone is saying Durant's decision is beta and ruined his career - but wasn't everyone saying the same thing about Lebron in summer 2010 (and probably saying it here on ISH)?

Tell me what I'm missing
I really hope you retards have had vasectomies. Not that any woman who's over a 2 would come within 10 feet of you.

I'll explain again. If the Cavs had a 3-1 lead against the Celtics in '10 and they lost, and after that LeBron left the Cavs to join the Celtics, that would be equal to what KD did. Not only did he join 3 All-NBA players, he joined a 2x MVP on a team which won 73 games without him.

ScalsFan21
10-25-2016, 10:50 PM
"Optics"-wise, they're comparable decisions with the way LBJ handled it with the Decision and his attitude the following year. I didn't like that any more than anyone else did, and LeBron was the best player on the planet, where Durant isn't and will never be. So I get it, he's top 2-3 all-time so people want to hold him to different standards, which is gonna happen.

Basketball-wise, they're on two different stratospheres. Durant's move is worse by far. Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade having top 4 PERs in 2010 does not change that.

Lord P
10-25-2016, 10:54 PM
http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/kd-tweet-2010.jpg
6 years later, decides to join a 73 win team that he lost to in the WCF

livingby3's
LeBron joined the heat who lost in the first round of the POs, and then a Cavs team fighting for top spot in the lottery.

Durant joined the Warriors who were previous champion, and favoured to repeat. With a NBA RS best 73 wins, who were also a couple of minutes and a correct play away from winning the NBA title.
The team also had another guy winning the last 2 MVPs. And this team was the one who came back from a 3-1 deficit and eliminated his ass

imdaman99
Lebron was a villain as well if you remember. Everyone talked about it was because of the decision reality show. As if it had nothing to do with teaming up with another superstar and star :oldlol:

egokiller
10-25-2016, 11:06 PM

Tell me what I'm missing

Yes, everyone WAS saying it in 2010 and at that time, lebron was the biggest bitch in the NBA.

NO ONE thought that someone would be a bigger bitch... until KD made his decision to join GSW. Forget about being up 3-1 and losing to GSW.... KD joined 4 other all-stars!!!

Curry - 2 time MVP, 3

SouBeachTalents
10-25-2016, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=egokiller]Yes, everyone WAS saying it in 2010 and at that time, lebron was the biggest bitch in the NBA.

NO ONE thought that someoen would be a bigger bitch... until KD made his decision to join GSW.

KD joined 4 other all-stars:

Curry - 2 time MVP, 3

Smoke117
10-25-2016, 11:11 PM
You would make this thread on opening day after the countless threads we've had about it all summer long. :facepalm

3ball
10-25-2016, 11:11 PM
Durant left another top 5 player in the league

irrelevant

Durant choked to said team the previous year

Irrelevant.. Lebron joined rivals in his conference too

Durant choked in the playoffs

Lebron choked in 2010 playoffs and quit in ECSF, where his team lost as the heavily-favored 1 seed to an old, injured team (Garnett-injured Celtics).

to play with 3 other top 10 players and a fmvp coming off the bench,

Klay isn't a top 10 player or a "superstar".

Durant joined 2 superstars who were 1st and 53rd in PER (Curry, Dray), whereas Lebron joined 2 superstars who were both top 5 in PER (Wade, Bosh).

So it's the same... And Wade averaged 27 ppg on 55% in 2011 Finals, compared to Curry's 22 ppg on 40% in 2016, so Wade turned out to be better than Curry against the best competition.. 2011 Wade > 2016 Curry.. Hindsight is 20/20..

So the point remains - Lebron joined 2 other superstars and was expected to win 7 rings, just like Durant has.. It's no different - i guess you could say that Durant joined a superteam and Lebron FORMED one.. :confusedshrug:... They're both weasels..

aj1987
10-25-2016, 11:12 PM
Those are all wildly inaccurate
Well, it's Straight_Moron.

egokiller
10-25-2016, 11:13 PM
Those are all wildly inaccurate

Fixed. Copy/paste error.

3ball
10-25-2016, 11:21 PM

Again, Durant JOINED a superteam, while Lebron FORMED one.

So it's splitting hairs - they're both weasels that needed to play on superteams to win... :facepalm .

Also, I could make a graphic showing Jordan/Drexler/McHale or Dominique/Drexler/McHale in the same uniform (that's what Lebron did)... So Lebron's a colluding cheater just like Durant.. Actually, at least Durant didn't collude/cheat.. He did it legally.. :confusedshrug:

aj1987
10-25-2016, 11:23 PM

So it's splitting hairs - they're both weasels that needed to play on superteams to win... :facepalm .

Also, I could make a graphic showing Jordan/Drexler/McHale in the same uniform (that's what Lebron did), or Dominique/Drexler/McHale (that's what Lebron did)... So Lebron's a colluding cheater just like Durant.. Heck, at least Durant didn't collude/cheat.. He did it legally.. :confusedshrug:

KD went to the team he had a 3-1 lead against and lost. LeBron didn't go to the team that beat him. He went to a different team and beat them.

soots
10-25-2016, 11:24 PM
Its the same. People have memory of goldfish.

He wins 3 FMVP he will be in talks of top 5 goat

3ball
10-25-2016, 11:28 PM
KD went to the team he had a 3-1 lead against and lost. LeBron didn't go to the team that beat him. He went to a different team and beat them.

It's the same - Lebron joined conference rivals in summer 2010 just like Durant did in summer 2016.

And Lebron colluded/cheated to FORM his superteam, whereas Durant went through the proper channels and simply JOINED an existing superteam.. Both superteams were expected to win "not 5, not 6, not 7..", so both Lebron/Durant gained the same enormous advantage.

Again, imagine if Dominique joined Drexler and McHale, or heck, Jordan and McHale (Wade was arguably best SG in 2010).. That would be a BITCH move if Nique' did that.. Yet that's what Lebron did.. So I guess he's a, you know

egokiller
10-25-2016, 11:29 PM

Also, I could make a graphic showing Jordan/Drexler/McHale or Dominique/Drexler/McHale in the same uniform (that's what Lebron did)... So Lebron's a colluding cheater just like Durant.. Heck, at least Durant didn't collude/cheat.. He did it legally.. :confusedshrug:

You're splitting hairs. Lebron colluded/joined whatever you want to call it 2 all-stars while KD joined FOUR all-stars. The ****ign team was already stacked to begin with, let alone with KD joining in. Now there will be a seasaw effect and Silver will back the idea of the Cavs picking up 2 more all-stars. Right now the warriors and KD are ATF (ass to floor) on the seasaw with Lebron sitting up on the high end swinging his legs waiting for 2 more all-stars to join the Cavs and balance the weight.

3ball
10-25-2016, 11:35 PM
Lebron colluded/joined 2 all-stars while KD joined FOUR all-stars.

Lebron joined 2 all-stars in the summer of 2010, and Durant joined 3 all-stars this year (Iggy isn't an all-star anymore, just like Ray Allen wasn't in 2013, even though both saved their team in the Finals).

So Durant joined 1 extra all-star... whooptiwhoop

The point remains - Lebron formed the most stacked team in the league in 2011 and arguably in 2015 too, and Durant's addition to the Warriors makes THEM the most stacked.

Both guys tried and succeeded at being on the most stacked team in the league - Durant's done it once, while Lebron has done it twice.. I think this last sentence is the thread cliffs.

Da Real Lambo
10-25-2016, 11:38 PM
Lebron was more coward cause no team was colluded at the time. durant just put the field even

3ball
10-25-2016, 11:42 PM
Lebron was more coward cause no team was colluded at the time. durant is just setting the field even

ding ding ding ding ding!!

Exactly - Lebron's collusion was groundbreaking.. He was a first-mover (look that one up kids)

And he did it twice - he tried & succeeded at being on the most stacked team in the nba TWICE (2011 and 2015).. Whereas Durant only did it once.. :confusedshrug:.. Indeed, Lebron's the goat.. at forming superteams.. :oldlol:

egokiller
10-25-2016, 11:42 PM
Lebron joined 2 all-stars in the summer of 2010, and Durant joined 3 all-stars this year (Iggy isn't an all-star anymore, just like Ray Allen wasn't in 2013, even though both saved their team in the Finals).

So Durant joined 1 extra all-star... whooptiwhoop

The point remains - Lebron formed the most stacked team in the league in 2011 and arguably in 2015 too, and Durant's addition to the Warriors makes THEM the most stacked.

Both guys tried and succeeded at being on the most stacked team in the league - Durant's done it once, while Lebron has done it twice.. I think this last sentence is the thread cliffs.

Wait, your comparing the 2015 FMVP Iggy to Ray Allen? Iggy was first team all NBA defense just 2 years ago, and if his back isn't messed up he will be FMVP this year. He may no longer be an all-star, but that he wasn't an all-star in 2015 when he showed that he was the best player in the finals now was he? Durant joined 3 all-stars and a defensive juggernaut (if healthy) and lebron joined 2 all-stars. That gap is bigger than you think, which is why KD is the bigger bitch. Both are bitches, it's just that KD is the bigger one. It's even worse because KD saw the negative impact it had on the lack of respect that Bron gets, and he STILL went for it like a dumbass.

I think what we really need to do is step back and realize we are watching for the first time an era of ball where the leaders of both conferences are the bitches. I don't recall that ever being the case in other eras.

Da Real Lambo
10-25-2016, 11:46 PM
Lebron is basically the founding father of the colluding era. Whoever supports him has little to no respect for the game, or himself.

CuhGetsBucks
10-25-2016, 11:46 PM
Holmes stop worrying about another man you literally post threads bout this dude everyday, we get it you think LeBron is beta and Jordan is your favorite player. You annoyin as shit

DMAVS41
10-25-2016, 11:49 PM
Wait, your comparing the 2015 FMVP Iggy to Ray Allen? Iggy was first team all NBA defense just 2 years ago, and if his back isn't messed up he will be FMVP this year. He may no longer be an all-star, but that he wasn't an all-star in 2015 when he showed that he was the best player in the finals now was he? Durant joined 3 all-stars and a defensive juggernaut (if healthy) and lebron joined 2 all-stars. That gap is bigger than you think, which is why KD is the bigger bitch. Both are bitches, it's just that KD is the bigger one. It's even worse because KD saw the negative impact it had on the lack of respect that Bron gets, and he STILL went for it like a dumbass.

I think what we really need to do is step back and realize we are watching for the first time an era of ball where the leaders of both conferences are the bitches. I don't recall that ever being the case in other eras.

It is not that hard. Not saying it is right, but the two big reasons it is different are:

1. Durant left a far better team than Lebron did. The Thunder were elite with another superstar in his prime. Lebron left a team nowhere near as good as the Thunder.

2. Durant joined an already proven team that is more talented than the team Lebron formed in Miami.

Both odd and bitch moves, but Durant's really is on a level of its own in my opinion.

egokiller
10-25-2016, 11:51 PM
Lebron is basically the founding father of the colluding era. Whoever supports him has little to no respect for the game, or himself.

While this is true, it still makes KD an even bigger bitch because he knew this to be the case prior to joining GSW. He's banking on gen-Z to go easy on him but every other generation is calling it like it is. Silver should have shut that shit down like the Chris Paul to Lakers trade was shut down.

Cavs will add another all-star to their squad before mid season.

3ball
10-25-2016, 11:57 PM
Both are bitches, it's just that KD is the bigger one.

Lebron's 2011 Heat were the MOST STACKED team in the league right?

That's all that matters - both Lebron and Durant succeeded at getting on the most stacked team in the league.

And Lebron did it TWICE (2011 and 2015), so he's twice the bitch as Durant, who only did it once.

See, that's what determines the level of bitch - how OFTEN you try to get the most stacked team in nba.. Indeed, Lebron is the goat.. at getting superteams.

Smoke117
10-25-2016, 11:59 PM

That's all that matters - both Lebron and Durant succeeded at getting on the most stacked team in the league.

And Lebron did it TWICE (2011 and 2015), so he's twice the bitch as Durant, who only did it once.

See, that's what determines the level of bitch - how OFTEN you try to get the most stacked team in nba.. Indeed, Lebron is the goat.. at getting superteams.

Not really...outside of the big three the Heat were pretty bad. If they were the most stacked then no team was that stacked. This Warrior team is clearly more stacked than the 2011 Heat that's for sure. It's not even close.

red1
10-26-2016, 12:02 AM
I've never seen this :roll:

riseagainst
10-26-2016, 12:35 AM
A top 3 player joining a 73-9 team is the same as a top 3 player joining a 45-ish win team.

Ok.

:roll:

WadeBronDonJuan
10-26-2016, 12:41 AM

Several people have told your dumb ass numerous times as to why it is different. You just don't want to listen. So shut the hell up and go jerk it to the Warriors getting smashed by the Spurs as you cry and use your tears as lubricant.

tmacattack33
10-26-2016, 12:47 AM
1. I thought you only cared about MJ. Why do you even care about Lebron vs Durant.

2. It's simple:

Warriors without Durant = 72-10 and a Finals appearance

Miami with just Wade, Bosh, Chalmers, Haslem, Joel Anthony = probably a second round team

3. The Warriors knocked Durant out of the playoffs last year. Lebron did not join the team that bounced him from the playoffs (the Celtics with KG/Pierce/Allen/Rondo).

/thread

aj1987
10-26-2016, 12:56 AM
It's the same - Lebron joined conference rivals in summer 2010 just like Durant did in summer 2016.

And Lebron colluded/cheated to FORM his superteam, whereas Durant went through the proper channels and simply JOINED an existing superteam.. Both superteams were expected to win "not 5, not 6, not 7..", so both Lebron/Durant gained the same enormous advantage.

Again, imagine if Dominique joined Drexler and McHale, or heck, Jordan and McHale (Wade was arguably best SG in 2010).. That would be a BITCH move if Nique' did that.. Yet that's what Lebron did.. So I guess he's a, you know
It's not, you Jordan *** guzzling retard.

LeBron didn't join the team that beat him. KD did. A team that he was up 3-1 against and lost to. How do you not understand that? Has copy+pasting rendered you into drooling retard?

MJ would've ran with his tail tucked in between, if the Pistons beat him again.

Terahite
10-26-2016, 01:05 AM
The difference is Lebron made the Heat a better team with his collusion. :lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-26-2016, 01:07 AM
Some of you want to pretend otherwise, but its really not all that different.

Durant's move could be perceived as more "cowardly", and probably is to be honest, but what LeBron did wasn't exactly heroic either. :oldlol:

riseagainst
10-26-2016, 01:07 AM
I have been away for like 4 months and 3ball still getting slapped around like Lebron on Curry in the finals.

:lol

warriorfan
10-26-2016, 02:06 AM
irrelevant

Irrelevant.. Lebron joined rivals in his conference too

Lebron choked in 2010 playoffs and quit in ECSF, where his team lost as the heavily-favored 1 seed to an old, injured team (Garnett-injured Celtics).

Klay isn't a top 10 player or a "superstar".

Durant joined 2 superstars who were 1st and 53rd in PER (Curry, Dray), whereas Lebron joined 2 superstars who were both top 5 in PER (Wade, Bosh).

So it's the same... And Wade averaged 27 ppg on 55% in 2011 Finals, compared to Curry's 22 ppg on 40% in 2016, so Wade turned out to be better than Curry against the best competition.. 2011 Wade > 2016 Curry.. Hindsight is 20/20..

So the point remains - Lebron joined 2 other superstars and was expected to win 7 rings, just like Durant has.. It's no different - i guess you could say that Durant joined a superteam and Lebron FORMED one.. :confusedshrug:... They're both weasels..

Precisely.

LeBron left his team to join the players with the 2nd and 4th highest PER in the league (Wade and Bosh)

https://s31.postimg.org/d9ndpvc63/lebroncollude.jpg

That would be the same as Curry leaving his team to join Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook in OKC (joining with the 2nd and 4th highest PER)

https://s31.postimg.org/japo0i0yz/King_Curry.png

KirbyPls
10-26-2016, 02:17 AM
The difference is Lebron made the Heat a better team with his collusion. :lol

Ether. :lol

Sportal
10-26-2016, 02:56 AM

Tell me what I'm missing

Alright, without reading everyone else's replies to you. I'll reply to your question.

What LeBron did, was organise a team with a bunch of other players. Yes, call it colluding if you must. Yes, these stars were all-star caliber players, on their respective teams. But were they doing what LeBron was doing with his team? No. The Cavaliers could seriously not get together a team which had depth, and players that could help them win a title. Yes, they might have finished as the 1st seed a couple of years, but they lost to teams that had a better combination of players, the Celtics, even the Magic ffs. These teams had all-star players, back up by very good players. Cleveland did not.

Miami was first-round fodder, come on, they lost to the Hawks in the first round, they got Michael Beasley, instead of Derrick Rose.. Miami had literally zero going on for the foreseeable future. And, neither did the Raptors. What were the Raptors actually doing with Bosh averaging what he was? Nothing.

So, LeBron decided to join these players, because, why not? Miami was awful, the Raptors were awful. Yes, Cleveland hated him. Yes, basketball fans have bashed him even since. But if you cannot see why he did it, after the combination that the Celtics had achieved, and what he was being beaten by year after year. Then you aren't very smart with things, in general.

Durant, coming into the playoffs, was on a team that has been in the Finals picture since 2012? '11? And he took on a team, who had just completed the most historic regular season feat. They had beaten the '96 Bulls' record. Stephen Curry had just won his second MVP in a row, and this come unanimously, there was no other, and there has been no other to do so. Durant's team were all over this historic team, for large parts of their playoff series. They were leading the series, practically everyone thought it was over, even the Warriors fans thought it was over. And the Thunder lost. Partly because of Durant's impact on the last games of the series.

Durant, then JOINED this historic team, a team that had just won 73 games in the regular season. A team that capitulated, or whatever you want to call it, in the Finals. A team that, keeping it's same players, were odds on favourites to be there again next season, because their team set the league alight. They did. And he ****ING joined them. A former MVP of the league, could easily be MVP again, a superstar player of the league. Joined the team that he choked against, and beat him.

Comparing the two decisions, is idiotic, at best. The comparison would be LeBron joining the 2008 Celtics. Or would you prefer the 2008 Lakers? Because they didn't win that year either, just like the Warriors.

This is like Shaq joining the '96 Bulls after being beat 4-0 in the Conference Finals.

LeBron's Miami Heat were never guaranteed a damn thing. It could have all went wrong, just like the Lakers' attempt did. Yes, they did stupid shit in some big, over the top, ridiculous, team introduction. But the Warriors team? Jesus, compare the two.

It doesn't MATTER that the Warriors did not win the NBA Championship. It was a bitch move, the Thunder had just moved to try to make their roster better with Oladipo. You literally cannot even BEGIN to compare the two.

There. Happy?

NBAGOAT
10-26-2016, 03:06 AM
the reason people are being inconsistent is simply fandom. Ofc Lebron fans are going get mad since KD joining the Warriors affect's his title chances. Lebron haters(many of whom are Warrior fans now) hated on the 1st decision since they didn't want to see him succeed but they have no reason to hate on the KD move. Admittedly the haters have more to fall back on since they can always call out Lebron fans for being inconsistent. It's different in that KD was in a much better situation than lebron in 10 and also left for a better situation. That kind of evens it out however actually. I don't want really want to hate on KD. Dude seems happier than he's ever been and that's all that should matter to him.

yeaaaman
10-26-2016, 03:48 AM
I didn't like the move but was shocked at the number of people going off on KD for "joining" a superteam vs. Lebron who conscientiously "made" a super team. Like are people serious?? I seriously don't get the huge difference. I don't care about the GSW lost last year blah blah or that team eliminated him blah blah, I can't see what Lebron did as heroic at all.

The Warriors, with Durant were almost crowned as champions. Show me the people who DIDN'T think the Heat would win a championship their first year together? That's what the whole WWE Rock concert was for - "not 1, not 2, not 3....." they knew they were going to be title favourites! JVG was the one who said they would smash the 72 win Bulls record. People were saying and thinking these things for reason.

So for people to act like Durant is the biggest coward of all time, when the player in line to be GOAT formed a team with the top player at his position and another top player at the PF position, I'm pretty sure all of who were in the top 5 in PER the previous year, how the hell is that not weak?? Durant is just playing by the cowardly rules of today's NBA. Whatever, I just want competitive basketball.

julizaver
10-26-2016, 04:46 AM
A lot of perv logic here in ISH.

Facts:

- GSW were the best team in the NBA regular season and broke the NBA record, they WERE superteam even without Durant and were heavily favoured to win the championship.
- HEAT with Lebron in 2011 were not better than GSW without Durant !!! (probably here we shall closed the thread).

And few more:

- Durant is not a player/star of the LBJ's magnitude, he is not the league, the way LBJ is. That's why LBJ was crucified, jersys burnt and all non HEAT fans cheered his failures. Did you see the same with KD? NO.

- Just in terms of basketball KD is better than LBJ only as a shooter. In almost every other aspect of the game he is inferior. He could not carry a team the way Lebron could. I doubt any coach in the world would pick KD ahead of Lebron if they start a team from scratch. The Cavs without Lebron in 2004-2010 are one of the weakiest team ever.
But with that said I am not saying that Durant is not a great great player. Wth his scoring abilities he could be the deciding factor in GSW winning the title, he could score under pressure, he is clutch, but it is not going to change the things I said above.

SpaceJammeR
10-26-2016, 05:00 AM
you are asking the wrong people for help.

if you can't see that durant leaving a championship contending team, for a team that just beat him, a team that he almost beat being up 3-1, and then joining that very team, a team that doesn't even need him to win a ship, a team that came off one of the best seasons ever, and a team with 2 of the best shooters in the league is not worst then what lebron did. then no one can help you.

warriorfan
10-26-2016, 05:05 AM
- Just in terms of basketball KD is better than LBJ only as a shooter. In almost every other aspect of the game he is inferior. He could not carry a team the way Lebron could.
LBJ + RW = zero titles

NZStreetBaller
10-26-2016, 05:06 AM

Allen iverson and kobe wouldbe gained the most benefit here. Magic and bird were pointless they both had the best teams.and just fought eachother anyway.

Hoopz2332
10-26-2016, 06:29 AM
Its the same. People have memory of goldfish.

He wins 3 FMVP he will be in talks of top 5 goat

:biggums: :no:

https://pics.onsizzle.com/elheat-lebron-team-wade-team-heat-pot-conbamemes-de-because-3859346.png

https://pics.onsizzle.com/what-kdlefu-nbamemes-what-lebron-left-%F0%9F%8F%80the-difference-lebron-didnt-3051060.png

diamenz
10-26-2016, 07:07 AM

kd. exposed.

Dragonyeuw
10-26-2016, 07:24 AM
One joined a team already considered stacked (the best PG, at worst the 2nd best SG, and a top 5 PF) that he had choked against in the playoffs. And on the way out, and to this day, taking potshots at his old team. Durant came out of this situation looking like a bitch.

Lebron joined forces with the singular stars of two teams that basically weren't going anywhere. And while I don't particularly like 'the decision' show or the 'not 5, not 6, not 7' shtick, Lebron otherwise didn't take sniper shots at his old team going out the door. I would go as far as to say that had Lebron went to Miami 'quietly' without the hoopla, that entire situation would be viewed differently. Clearly Cleveland didn't have the means to attract top free agents, including Bosh who refused to go there. And they clearly weren't getting past the Celtics or Magic as constructed, nor would they have gotten past the 2011 Bulls.

So while both moves tipped the balance of power, the context surrounding each situation isn't remotely apples to apples.