PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose made me believe his delusions

329 Services
10-26-2016, 02:24 AM
I am embarassed, that wasnt the Knicks I was expecting.I had Knicks by 15 today.Lebron didnt even bring his B game, it was probably his F game.

SpaceJam
10-26-2016, 03:10 AM
http://www.ghostinthemachine.net/fanknicks.jpg

DANK.

brownmamba00
10-26-2016, 04:29 AM
:roll:

Jasper
10-26-2016, 10:16 AM
hilarious :oldlol:

PeroAntic
10-26-2016, 10:42 AM
What Knicks were you expecting after DRose hasn't played in preseason. They have zero flow and chemistry. As of yet they don't have a system.

Its up to Hornacek to fix this team. They are horrible defending the perimeter, and they need to run some plays instead of isoing or hoping for some DRose magic.

DRose himself needs to be more comfortable with the system and play within the offense. Not sure about his conditioning either, looked gassed out in the 2nd half. But if you can score 17 in a bad first game with the team, means things can only go up from there.

Knicks just need to figure it out tactically. They have the talent.

keep-itreal
10-26-2016, 10:46 AM
that pic :roll:

Wally450
10-26-2016, 10:53 AM
Since when is 19/11/14 an F game?

IcanzIIravor
10-26-2016, 10:56 AM
I am embarassed, that wasnt the Knicks I was expecting.I had Knicks by 15 today.Lebron didnt even bring his B game, it was probably his F game.

You didn't seriously believe him, I hope. On paper alone anyone with a bit of knowledge knew that team wouldn't be a top tier team.

PeroAntic
10-26-2016, 11:34 AM
One game smh. And against the champion too. Warriors also got thrashed by Spurs, are they scrubs too?

Integrating key players takes time.

Pointguard
10-26-2016, 12:05 PM
Lebron had a great game as did Kyrie, and Love was aggressive. It was Rose's first game with the team outside of the first preseason. If you had the Knicks by 15 that's your delusion. GSW were a much better bet and they got blown out too.

smoovegittar
10-26-2016, 05:48 PM
Anyone who thought the Knicks were gonna blow those guys out last night needs a re-boot. Their house, stoked for the rings and LeBron remembering NY winning a home opener from them a few years ago. Never mind the fact that they're the greatest team in the league.

C'mon, man -

MrFonzworth
10-26-2016, 05:54 PM
You had Knicks by 15? Over the defending champs? LOL

kurple
10-26-2016, 06:12 PM
Why the **** would you bet on Knicks -15?

SamuraiSWISH
10-26-2016, 06:34 PM
First 3 quarters, Derrick was outplaying Kyrie. As usual, and was pretty effective on him defensively. It wasn't until late 3rd quarter when Cleveland blew the game open that Derrick started shooting poorly just as the game was already out of reach.

Uncle Drew
10-26-2016, 06:44 PM
First 3 quarters, Derrick was outplaying Kyrie. As usual, and was pretty effective on him defensively. It wasn't until late 3rd quarter when Cleveland blew the game open that Derrick started shooting poorly just as the game was already out of reach.
What? :roll:

Kyrie scored 29 in 3 quarters on high efficiency, while Rose scored 5 of his 17 points in the 4th when the game was practically over. Not to mention Kyrie's 0 compared to Rose's 4 TO's.

SamuraiSWISH
10-26-2016, 06:48 PM
What? :roll:

Kyrie scored 29 in 3 quarters on high efficiency, while Rose scored 5 of his 17 points in the 4th when the game was practically over. Not to mention Kyrie's 0 compared to Rose's 4 TO's.
Kyrie did his damage on switches, and on Porzingis. Not Derrick.

He usually, routinely plays poorly against D-Rose.

Derrick is QB'ing a new offense, and new team chemistry. Why would he go without turnovers that sudden, especially after missing the majority of preseason games?

Derrick was playing better through the first half.

He doesn't have the luxury of playing with LeBron. Kyrie's primary focus is ISO scoring, or catch and shoot. That's it.

Vancouver-Grizz
10-26-2016, 07:10 PM
Why the **** would you bet on Knicks -15?

Pretty sure it was +15 which.

At plus 15, I would of considered it based on the data of the defending champions in the past being distracted with the ring ceremony.

poido123
10-26-2016, 08:37 PM
Knicks showed early signs they could hang with the Cavs.

As they build better chemistry, I believe the Knicks are for real.

RedBlackAttack
10-26-2016, 09:57 PM
Kyrie did his damage on switches, and on Porzingis. Not Derrick.
Come on, brah.

Kyrie had an effortless 29 points in 3 quarters (4 assists to 0 turnovers) while Rose scored an inefficient 17 points on 17 shots with 1-to-4 A/TO ratio. Also, Kyrie was +13 and Rose was -19, and that was despite Kyrie getting a good amount of run with the second unit while LeBron and other starters rested. It could have easily been a 35-40+ point game for Kyrie if the team needed it.

Furthermore, Irving completely took the game over in the stretch during the third quarter that allowed the Cavs to rest the entire fourth. The Rose/Irving debates ended years ago. It's not close.

RRR3
10-26-2016, 10:07 PM
Swish if you honestly think Rose is even half the player Irving is at this point you're nuts.

My boy Chalmers has more positive impact than current Rose. Rose is horrible.

RRR3
10-26-2016, 10:08 PM
Come on, brah.

Kyrie had an effortless 29 points in 3 quarters (4 assists to 0 turnovers) while Rose scored an inefficient 17 points on 17 shots with 1-to-4 A/TO ratio. Also, Kyrie was +13 and Rose was -19, and that was despite Kyrie getting a good amount of run with the second unit while LeBron and other starters rested. It could have easily been a 35-40+ point game for Kyrie if the team needed it.

Furthermore, Irving completely took the game over in the stretch during the third quarter that allowed the Cavs to rest the entire fourth. The Rose/Irving debates ended years ago. It's not close.
Seriously. Rose isn't even close to guys like Jeff Teague at this point, let alone the big dogs.

SamuraiSWISH
10-26-2016, 10:33 PM
I didn't say Rose is better at this point than Kyrie in totality.

Said he typically has Kyrie's number. Same way Derrick did all the elites last year while not being nearly as consistently great as any of them.

Russ, Kyrie, Stephanie ... plays well typically against all of them.

egokiller
10-26-2016, 10:47 PM
Swish if you honestly think Rose is even half the player Irving is at this point you're nuts.

My boy Chalmers has more positive impact than current Rose. Rose is horrible.

Who is though when you really take context into account? In a finals game 7 situation in the final minutes, which current NBA player would you have the ball in the hands of?

The answer is Kyrie Irving. I wouldn't put my money on any other player in such a situation, and he's only going to get better after each post season. Ends the finals in a historic fashion and then comes back at the start of the season to drop 29 on high efficiency? The only reason why there isn't even MORE of a gap between him and the next guy is because of all the injuries he's sustained. Durability is his only weakness.

RRR3
10-26-2016, 11:15 PM
Who is though when you really take context into account? In a finals game 7 situation in the final minutes, which current NBA player would you have the ball in the hands of?

The answer is Kyrie Irving. I wouldn't put my money on any other player in such a situation, and he's only going to get better after each post season. Ends the finals in a historic fashion and then comes back at the start of the season to drop 29 on high efficiency? The only reason why there isn't even MORE of a gap between him and the next guy is because of all the injuries he's sustained. Durability is his only weakness.
Who is (at least) half the player Irving is?

Uh at least 50 players in the league easily. Probably 100. Rose is trash was my point.

Pointguard
10-27-2016, 01:23 AM
Come on, brah.

Really??? They only played two years together. And Rose has outplayed him those two years clearly, playoffs or not playoffs. And this was with double vision, without doing his favorite shot or doing his favorite move. How much does he have to spot him? Wow, what delusion drink are you using.

SamuraiSWISH
10-27-2016, 01:45 AM
Really??? They only played two years together. And Rose has outplayed him those two years clearly, playoffs or not playoffs. And this was with double vision, without doing his favorite shot or doing his favorite move. How much does he have to spot him? Wow, what delusion drink are you using.
Seriously. But you do know RBA is the head honcho of Kyrie groupies? Can't take his opinion too seriously.

G-train
10-27-2016, 01:52 AM
Since when is 19/11/14 an F game?

Maybe not an F game, but he waltzed around all game not even looking to score.

moongaze
10-27-2016, 02:06 AM

LSD or meth?

Human Error
10-27-2016, 02:22 AM
I didn't say Rose is better at this point than Kyrie in totality.

Said he typically has Kyrie's number. Same way Derrick did all the elites last year while not being nearly as consistently great as any of them.

Russ, Kyrie, Stephanie ... plays well typically against all of them.
Wrong. Just so wrong. You are an idiot.

Human Error
10-27-2016, 02:24 AM
Irving scored 29 on high effiency and Rose scored 17 on 17 shots and Rose groopies are still saying Rose had Irving's numbers.

Those idiots need some professional help.

PeroAntic
10-27-2016, 08:37 AM
People who think Rose is a scrub are a joke.

He is as elite as they come. You dont go from mvp to thrash. The guy is one of the best slashers & finishers in the league. He simply didn't have a preseason and hasn't gelled with his new team.

If Knicks stay fit and and find an offensive system, the rest of the league is in trouble, thats all.

SamuraiSWISH
10-27-2016, 02:44 PM

He is as elite as they come. You dont go from mvp to thrash. The guy is one of the best slashers & finishers in the league. He simply didn't have a preseason and hasn't gelled with his new team.

If Knicks stay fit and and find an offensive system, the rest of the league is in trouble, thats all.
That's literally all I was saying, and he out played Irving for like the first half. He plays well against the big name PGs in the league. People getting bent out of shape with straw man arguments that were never made. Didn't say he was better than Irving.

ISHGoat
10-27-2016, 02:54 PM

Derrick has been trash since his MVP season. Even in his MVP season, he was nowhere near a top 5 impact player in the league.

Human Error
10-29-2016, 09:11 PM

Calling Rose a scrub is an understatement. Dude literally has been the worst starting point guard in the NBA for a few years already. It is no coincidence that the Knicks offense flows so much better with Jennings at the point and the Bulls are not skipping a beat.

RedBlackAttack
10-29-2016, 09:20 PM
Calling Rose a scrub is an understatement. Dude literally has been the worst starting point guard in the NBA for a few years already. It is no coincidence that the Knicks offense flows so much better with Jennings at the point and the Bulls are not skipping a beat.
...and Jennings isn't exactly known as being the easiest PG in the world to play with. Bringing up Rose's MVP in this conversation is like reminding us that Dwight Howard used to be an MVP candidate each season.

Except, Howard is much closer to the player he was than Rose is. He's just not very good anymore. Sure, he'll have the occasional game where he'll shoot well and put up good numbers, but his consistency is that of a middling role player, at best. If I were to rank the 30 starting PGs in the NBA, he'd be in the bottom half for sure. It would just depend how low.

PeroAntic
10-29-2016, 09:28 PM
What a load of bs

Smoke117
10-29-2016, 09:37 PM
While Rose isn't a scrub, he's certainly not elite either.

Draz
10-29-2016, 09:56 PM
d-crossover
this man just buried Conley

bluechox2
10-29-2016, 10:31 PM
drose just destroyed the highest paid man in the nba

Sarcastic
10-29-2016, 10:33 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/egSkhetON6vrq/giphy.gif

Patrick Chewing
10-29-2016, 10:46 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/egSkhetON6vrq/giphy.gif

http://img.pandawhale.com/104946-dayum-dayum-dayum-gif-Imgur-da-ROVb.gif

CelticBaller
10-29-2016, 10:51 PM
D Rose had 13 pts

bluechox2
10-29-2016, 11:03 PM
D Rose had 13 pts

watch the game not the stats young boi:facepalm when stupid ass ******* are given a keyboard and mouse...get you clickity as off of nba.com and get yourself a leaguepass and then start posting shit

bluechox2
10-29-2016, 11:04 PM
D Rose had 13 pts

hortford 14 pnts

:roll: :roll: :roll:

PeroAntic
10-29-2016, 11:07 PM
Hes not aggressive.

guy is playing on 50 percent. he defers, he avoids contact.

but at moments, there are flashes of just how good he can be.

CelticBaller
10-29-2016, 11:11 PM
hortford 14 pnts

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Because we are hyping al horford right?

Right?
Whats funnier is that hes still playing at a higher level than Rose

Hold that L

CelticBaller
10-29-2016, 11:12 PM
Hes not aggressive.

guy is playing on 50 percent. he defers, he avoids contact.

but at moments, there are flashes of just how good he can be.
Derrick rose is not going to average more than 15, thats who he is now

14 ppg, 3 ast 3 rebs on 42% is a generous prediction