PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to think about trading Klay Thompson?

duskovujosevic
10-26-2016, 04:23 AM
I think he is not ready to accept 3rd offense option.

Spurs m8
10-26-2016, 04:31 AM
It a bit f*cked for Klay, because KD will be taking so many of his shots...he's not gonna get rhythm, he's a mental midget who's gonna start having head f*cks, he's basically cactus now.

He's been pushed aside and eventually he'll get out of denial and meltdown even harder.

He can't really come off the bench because he relies on his starter mates to be anything really

livingby3's
10-26-2016, 04:34 AM
The team needs Klay, his skillset is perfect for the Warriors. If Klay somehow leaves everything's gonna fall apart.

#tickingbomb

kurple
10-26-2016, 07:40 AM
Nuggets would give up pretty much anything for Klay

Faried, Nurkic and Barton? Maybe Chandler instead of Faried, depending on who the Warriors value more

Dragonyeuw
10-26-2016, 07:44 AM
Klay should still get his shots, obviously a few less but so will Curry. But frankly, at the rate these guys shoot threes you're not talking guys who need 20 shots each a night. More than half of Curry's shots per game last year were 3's. If anyone's scoring takes a major dip it will likely be Dray, but they don't really need it( nor do I get the impression he cares much about his offensive stats) and he can concentrate on being the glue guy, defense and rebounding. Actually Draymond took one more shot last night, but that's not indicative of how things will go for the season.

duskovujosevic
10-26-2016, 07:55 AM
what is klay's advantage in running offense with kd and curry except shooting 3's?

AussieSteve
10-26-2016, 08:04 AM
There are plenty of teams who would take him and the Warriors would be far better with off with a center who can anchor the defense and grab some rebounds (someone like, I don't know, Andrew Bogut!?).

Klay is going to play the role of a catch a shoot perimeter shooter, but is obviously capable of much more, so he's more valuable to pretty much any other team than the Warriors, who could get 60ppg from Durant and Curry and don't need any additional scoring power. They need defense, role players and depth. They should get rid of Klay and try and pick up a good interior defender and another role player or two, maybe a Patty Mills style player who can shoot the three and hustle on defense.

UK2K
10-26-2016, 08:10 AM
There are plenty of teams who would take him and the Warriors would be far better with off with a center who can anchor the defense and grab some rebounds (someone like, I don't know, Andrew Bogut!?).

Klay is going to play the role of a catch a shoot perimeter shooter, but is obviously capable of much more, so he's more valuable to pretty much any other team than the Warriors, who could get 60ppg from Durant and Curry and don't need any additional scoring power. They need defense, role players and depth. They should get rid of Klay and try and pick up a good interior defender and another role player or two, maybe a Patty Mills style player who can shoot the three and hustle on defense.

Rebounds
SAS - 64
GSW - 41

Off Rebounds
SAS - 21
GSW - 8

duskovujosevic
10-26-2016, 08:11 AM
definitely player who can provide decent defense along with above average shooting. i agree with you. NBA is full of these useful players

AussieSteve
10-26-2016, 08:27 AM
Rebounds
SAS - 64
GSW - 41

Off Rebounds
SAS - 21
GSW - 8

Yep... They will get killed on the glass by most teams.

Haymaker
10-26-2016, 08:36 AM
No man, Klay will stay put until his contract runs out then he'll sign with the Spurs. Kawhi/Thompson/Aldridge. :applause:

keep-itreal
10-26-2016, 08:37 AM
I wouldn't trade Klay Thompson ever.

He's the GOAT 3 & D player.

He destroyed everyone in game 6 at OKC

BigKAT
10-26-2016, 08:49 AM
I think we should wait a few games before passing judgement.
Klay Thompson is a great player with value on both ends.

They might need to trade Iggy for a good rebounding big and move Klay to the bench in my honest opinion. But this is just game 1. Let's wait a bit before calling for a blowup.

Spurs5Rings2014
10-26-2016, 09:02 AM
No man, Klay will stay put until his contract runs out then he'll sign with the Spurs. Kawhi/Thompson/Aldridge. :applause:

:applause:

Jasper
10-26-2016, 10:14 AM
Bucks willing to trade for him , 1st rounder, Monroe , and a 10 year vet that was a 2nd pick of the draft.

Ca$H
10-26-2016, 10:56 AM
Klay for Embiid and Noel.

duskovujosevic
10-26-2016, 11:02 AM
robert covington and noel + draft picks

Jasper
10-26-2016, 11:31 AM

That would be a helI of a team... still need a legit PG though.

Out of all the Warriors , Iggy past prime , Livingston on edge , Klay was the most solid player.
Granted I saw a fair share of air balls from him , but he gave Cav's issues.

I'll go so far to say if Klay was a Cav,
Klay , Bron ,Irviong , Love would get 4 out 5 chips.

Prime_Shaq
10-26-2016, 11:45 AM
Its been 1 game.

tpols
10-26-2016, 11:47 AM
they should trade iggy for a big man.. hes very redundant on this team now

k0kakw0rld
10-26-2016, 11:58 AM
That would be deadly :biggums: Under Popovich Klay will turn into Bird lol

Ca$H
10-26-2016, 12:29 PM

Livingston and McCaw for Noel.

swagga
10-26-2016, 04:18 PM
they should trade iggy for a big man.. hes very redundant on this team now

a leader, a finals MVP and their best and ONLY elite wing defender, in a wing-dominated league, where they get lebron in the finals ... tpols in action :roll:

34-24 Footwork
10-26-2016, 04:24 PM
a leader, a finals MVP and their best and ONLY elite wing defender, in a wing-dominated league, where they get lebron in the finals ... tpols in action :roll:

Lol @ Iggy being an elite defender because he shut down an iso-joe Lebron.

He hasn't been "elite" on the defensive end or offensive end since his days as a Nugget.

fourkicks44
10-26-2016, 04:26 PM
When does he become a free agent?

MrFonzworth
10-26-2016, 05:26 PM

:facepalm Philly isn't going to trade their potential dynasty of a future for a player that would barely put them in contention for a playoff spot.

Ca$H
10-26-2016, 06:07 PM
:facepalm Philly isn't going to trade their potential dynasty of a future for a player that would barely put them in contention for a playoff spot.

Dynasty? Talk about delusions of grandeur. Embiid can easily get injured again.

PG- 2017 draft
Klay
Simmons
Saric
Okafor

Embiid is basically a roll of the dice. Noel is a solid defensive big. The Warriors would be more likely to reject that trade.

G-train
10-26-2016, 06:11 PM
They should not trade Klay Thompson. LOL

RRR3
10-26-2016, 06:13 PM
:applause:
Who needs Klay when you've already got LeBronathon Simmons?

RRR3
10-26-2016, 06:16 PM
Iggy "shutting down" LeBron is hilarious. Based on one series in which LeBron had basically no help and was not at his best (not saying he was injured. He wasn't as far as I know. I mean he wasn't at his best form as a player). Pretty sure LeBron regularly destroyed Iggy when he was on the Sixers.

Styles p
10-26-2016, 06:19 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: noel,cov and lakers pick

MrFonzworth
10-26-2016, 06:22 PM
Dynasty? Talk about delusions of grandeur. Embiid can easily get injured again.

PG- 2017 draft
Klay
Simmons
Saric
Okafor

Embiid is basically a roll of the dice. Noel is a solid defensive big. The Warriors would be more likely to reject that trade.

That's why I said potentially. The pieces they have right now and will receive from the Lakers & Kings draft picks may set them up for serious title contentions, and it starts with Embiid & Simmons.

Warriors would be more likely to reject, but that doesn't mean it isn't a retarded trade on both sides. You said it, Embiid is a roll of the dice. Why would they trade Klay, an established player for two injury prone bigs?

Clifton
10-26-2016, 06:34 PM
The Warriors are fine. They will get along. The issue is that they don't have a Center. This talk about the "Death Lineup" is misleading; it's good for spurts, employed at the right time; but the fact is that a dunk goes in 100% of the time, and a 3, even by a Warriors star, only goes in 45% of the time, and you can't even depend on that: many nights, that will slip to 30%. There is no "off night" for a dunk off a pick and roll, run intelligently as Bogut did.

Further, the game is a lot easier on your offensive stars if the other team has someone to worry about when they take it into the paint. Dray is as elite a defensive talent as I've seen for his size, but with his size, he can only be decent as a rim protector, he can't be elite.

Bogut was elite, or close to it. He's what made the Warriors a different team in kind, not in level, from the 2000s Mavs. The Warriors have collapsed in the playoffs every year he's been hurt. And even when he's healthy, it's not like the Warriors have ever been a dominant playoff team. Several mediocre squads took them to 6. Last year, the Blazers went down in 5, but that series, too, was closer than it looks in retrospect. They damn near lost to the Thunder.

The Warriors have a hole in the middle. It can't be filled by Pachulia, who is the definition of a "poor man's Bogut," which makes him a great fit, but not a sufficient replacement. It can't be filled by Kevon Looney. And it can't be filled by, ahem, JaVale McGee, either.

So the Warriors are due for a trade. And the most expendable piece, because of both redundancy in skill set and chemistry, is Thompson. If the Warriors could find the right fit at center to exchange for Thompson, I don't think they'd miss him, especially considering how good McCaw is looking.

The perfect fit would be someone who was Mason Plumlee on offense, but with shotblocking. I'm not sure who that is (obviously no one wants to send a player like this anywhere, never mind to the Warriors), or how they'd swing a deal, but Thompson has to be the most expendable star on the roster. If the Warriors started to lose, I bet chemistry issues with Curry and with Draymond would start to emerge.

SamuraiSWISH
10-26-2016, 06:36 PM
I think they're better offensively as a unit with Klay getting more catch / shoot touches, then some of the stagnant play to accommodate newly acquired Durant. Someone will be dissatisfied before season's end. Klay, and Drapemond at some point will explode to ruin team chemistry.

joshwake
10-26-2016, 07:00 PM
One game into the regular season.....

yea you are right, that's enough time to evaluate how this team is going to work together. Trade the ****

BeastMode24
10-26-2016, 07:30 PM
klay for ibaka and aaron gordon.

WWRWestbrookDo?
10-26-2016, 08:07 PM

its only been 1 game..

thefatmiral
10-26-2016, 08:12 PM
If they can get a useful big for him I don't see why not

Nick Young
10-26-2016, 08:20 PM
http://cbssports.com/images/visual/whatshot/klayharrypotter.jpg

Expecto P'trade him