PDA

View Full Version : how were the warriors so exposed?

swagga
10-26-2016, 05:36 AM
Simple:
- can't secure offensive rebounds so they have to either overload under the basket and lose long rebounds or play normally and lose the short ones.
- can't defend the paint with only draymond (the rest of the rotation is trash), the spurs got tons of penetration
- can't defend the post ups because they lack capable defenders with size. They'll need to double a lot and this burns energy like crazy.
- when the warriors were fresh (beginning of 1st and 3rd) they played good/great ball but then they got tired (defending bigger players)

As I've said before this team lacks a lot of balance and they are easy to expose inside. Compared to the previous GOAT small ball (Heat) they don't have :
1. super athletic and strong and indefatigable players like wade and especially lebron to compensate defensively and on the glass vs size.
2. real leadership, somebody that can step up and and lead. Dwade taught lebron in miami and now lebron is teaching on his own. The warriors got nobody.

I've said it before I'll say it again, this season will see a lot of fails. For people who've been betting on the NBA for a long time this season is a Christmas tbh :bowdown:

34-24 Footwork
10-26-2016, 06:00 AM
Then luxuries of playing in the eastern conference.

Lebron23
10-26-2016, 06:08 AM
Then luxuries of playing in the eastern conference.

Clown

Gileraracer
10-26-2016, 06:08 AM
The one game meltdowns officially start today.

Lebron23
10-26-2016, 06:10 AM
The one game meltdowns officially start today.

You are doing the same things 2 seasons ago.

fourkicks44
10-26-2016, 06:20 AM
I don't know what they were thinking tbh.

They f#cked around with a successful team. The deepest team we have seen almost ever. Now they loaded up with Durant and have nothing else. I could see this coming as soon as they got rid of Bogut.

Im not saying they can't contend, but one day in and the Spurs and Cavs look miles ahead of them.

I missed the second half. How did Mccaw play?

Lebron23
10-26-2016, 06:24 AM
I don't know what they were thinking tbh.

They f#cked around with a successful team. The deepest team we have seen almost ever. Now they loaded up with Durant and have nothing else. I could see this coming as soon as they got rid of Bogut.

Im not saying they can't contend, but one day in and the Spurs and Cavs look miles ahead of them.

I missed the second half. How did Mccaw play?

2 points, 2 rebounds. That troll C@sh severely overrated him in the pre season.

swagga
10-26-2016, 06:29 AM
also because they are so exposed inside their perimeter defense will surely take a (small) hit as they can't be as aggressive knowing there is no help coming.

I personally enjoy seeing that dumbass kerr getting exposed, what a clown tbh, not even close to the better coaches in the league. Luke fukking "happy for richard jefferson" walton coached that team more :oldlol:

Artillery
10-26-2016, 09:24 AM
The rebound disparity between the two teams is very telling. LMA looked like trash against GS last year and yesterday he destroyed em like Shaq. Crazy what happens when you completely strip away your entire front court. If a soft big like Aldridge hurts them this much inside, it's gonna be brutal when it comes time to play against some of the top tier PFs and Cs.

r0drig0lac
10-26-2016, 09:32 AM
The rebound disparity between the two teams is very telling. LMA looked like trash against GS last year and yesterday he destroyed em like Shaq. Crazy what happens when you completely strip away your entire front court. If a soft big like Aldridge hurts them this much inside, it's gonna be brutal when it comes time to play against some of the top tier PFs and Cs.
Aldridge is one of the top tier PFs

Artillery
10-26-2016, 09:36 AM
Aldridge is one of the top tier PFs

Dude is soft. Bogut humiliated him last year in the Warrior matchups. There's no one on the current GS roster than can guard him now though.

r0drig0lac
10-26-2016, 09:43 AM
Dude is soft. Bogut humiliated him last year in the Warrior matchups. There's no one on the current GS roster than can guard him now though.
perhaps he is soft playing as center against the good centers in the league (It is not the case of Zaza or Dray), but he is still one of the best PFs in the league (its original position)

I<3NBA
10-26-2016, 10:10 AM
KAT and Cousins is gonna go to town with these fools :lol

Jasper
10-26-2016, 10:12 AM
Simple:
- can't secure offensive rebounds so they have to either overload under the basket and lose long rebounds or play normally and lose the short ones.
- can't defend the paint with only draymond (the rest of the rotation is trash), the spurs got tons of penetration
- can't defend the post ups because they lack capable defenders with size. They'll need to double a lot and this burns energy like crazy.
- when the warriors were fresh (beginning of 1st and 3rd) they played good/great ball but then they got tired (defending bigger players)

As I've said before this team lacks a lot of balance and they are easy to expose inside. Compared to the previous GOAT small ball (Heat) they don't have :
1. super athletic and strong and indefatigable players like wade and especially lebron to compensate defensively and on the glass vs size.
2. real leadership, somebody that can step up and and lead. Dwade taught lebron in miami and now lebron is teaching on his own. The warriors got nobody.

I've said it before I'll say it again, this season will see a lot of fails. For people who've been betting on the NBA for a long time this season is a Christmas tbh :bowdown:
At 6'11" Durant does not want to play center or power forward , cause he wants to play on the perimeter like all the rest of the weak as$ Warriors camped out there :roll: :roll: :roll:

SwayDizzle
10-26-2016, 10:31 AM
also because they are so exposed inside their perimeter defense will surely take a (small) hit as they can't be as aggressive knowing there is no help coming.

I personally enjoy seeing that dumbass kerr getting exposed, what a clown tbh, not even close to the better coaches in the league. Luke fukking "happy for richard jefferson" walton coached that team more :oldlol:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

swagga
10-26-2016, 04:11 PM
At 6'11" Durant does not want to play center or power forward , cause he wants to play on the perimeter like all the rest of the weak as$ Warriors camped out there :roll: :roll: :roll:

well, he can't, it's not about choice for him as he has none. He hasn't got the body to play inside PERIOD. It would be foolish for him to try and put weight on, he already has problems, it would be anthony davis times 10.

my problem with durant is that he is a beta no-leadership pick-a-team-for-profit mentally weak overrated player. He has no business playing inside, it'll kill his career.

The smartest thing for GSW would be to trade curry (won't happen) for a rising big (anthony davis / kat) and some depth at the 4/5 ... they'd get a nice balanced high power offense (kd/thompson/iggy/livingston/draymond) with good defense (livingston/iggy/e.g. kat/draymond/bench). Curry has the highest market value and the is a regular season (not finals) player, let him chuck.
Of course they won't do it with all the marketing money for the casual hipster SF soccer mom corporate valley fagggotry market.

34-24 Footwork
10-26-2016, 04:19 PM
well, he can't, it's not about choice for him as he has none. He hasn't got the body to play inside PERIOD. It would be foolish for him to try and put weight on, he already has problems, it would be anthony davis times 10.

my problem with durant is that he is a beta no-leadership pick-a-team-for-profit mentally weak overrated player. He has no business playing inside, it'll kill his career.

The smartest thing for GSW would be to trade curry (won't happen) for a rising big (anthony davis / kat) and some depth at the 4/5 ... they'd get a nice balanced high power offense (kd/thompson/iggy/livingston/draymond) with good defense (livingston/iggy/e.g. kat/draymond/bench). Curry has the highest market value and the is a regular season (not finals) player, let him chuck.
Of course they won't do it with all the marketing money for the casual hipster SF soccer mom corporate valley fagggotry market.

Lol @ this clown. The overreaction is real.

34-24 Footwork
10-26-2016, 04:21 PM

The only legit post in this thread. They're undersized as a mofo.

Trading away Bogut was stupid as fvck. Hope it comes back to bit them in the ass. They're only hope is that Javele McGee develops into a competent basketball player :lol

DoctorP
10-26-2016, 04:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Ak3oSJn.jpg

CuterThanRubio
10-26-2016, 04:29 PM
David West has been useless for years and ZaZa likely had a career year with the Mavs that he won't be able to reproduce ever again, add Varejao to the mix and you have a collection of "bigs" who can't be relied on to contribute consistently.

They will figure it out eventually and steamroll most teams, the Spurs did beat them last year when they were setting records so it shouldn't be a fatal blow to their championship hopes.

Klay and KD should not have played in the olympics, they have the entire league on their heads now and they are going to be gassed by the all star break, I think they will have to pull a Cavs style coast job once they lock down a high seed or it will end badly in the playoffs.

swagga
10-26-2016, 04:57 PM
Lol @ this clown. The overreaction is real.

solid post son. kobe retired. kyrie << lebron. gsw won't ring without trades. calling people clowns with no arguments :roll:

smoovegittar
10-26-2016, 05:54 PM
Simple:

Gospel truth. One of the only posters in here worth reading IMO -

MrFonzworth
10-26-2016, 05:57 PM
KAT and Cousins is gonna go to town with these fools :lol

Won't mean much when they're down by 30.

swagga
11-05-2016, 06:43 AM
cashed in on a large bet and I'm feeling generous so I'll bump this with some knowledge.

first, to any of you kids out there betting, there is still money to be made on the under 60 wins.

if your bookkeeper/site lets you bet on injuries i'd put a speculative bet on iggy (that play time at PF with that old back :( ) and dubeta both losing some games. Their December schedule looks nasty for their small ball tbh : clippers, jazz, grizzlies, knicks, jazz again, nets, pistons, cavs, raptors ... that month will take a toll tbh. ask your oddsmaker, right now a lot of casuals are still betting the warriors will maintain last year's health (disregarding rotation :lol) so the odds are nice.

keep in mind the warriors have played trash teams besides the spurs (yes, okc is close to a mediocre team because they have zero offensive variety) and they were a bit lucky. SRS is 0.15, drg is in the bottom half, basically all stats say the same thing. ORB/DRB is what every sane person expected.

they will be playing trash teams (pelicans, mavs, suns) for the next week, and in the future month (lakers twice, wolves, suns again) so the odds will probably stay put for now.

big trap game on a b2b in denver on 10 nov, that's almost guaranteed money tbh.

what a time to bet tbh, NBA hasn't been this lucrative since the '04 lakers :rockon:

bluechox2
11-05-2016, 07:04 AM
ima say it again...luke walton knows the warriors kryptonite, he was in deep with that team and probably have a couple cell phone videos on them

swagga
11-05-2016, 08:40 AM
ima say it again...luke walton knows the warriors kryptonite, he was in deep with that team and probably have a couple cell phone videos on them

luke walton : "PNR and get the offensive rebounds". genius! :oldlol:

seriously, I was watching the game live and I couldn't believe how many open layups and dunks both teams were giving. I mean, compare that to last year warriors and it's night and day. And it's not just this game, ALL decent pnr team that can challenge the glass have vandalized and will absolutely vandalize them:
1. play for the switch and curry is destroyed by the big or zaza/west/mcgee have to defend the perimeter -> defense collapses.
2. play for the roll and you get a decent big attacking zaza/west/mcgee. Even if the big misses he gets his rebound or the other big gets it. -> defense collapses.
3. play for the pop and see curry destroyed on defense -> defense collapses.
GSW just can't handle this basic action, each potential outcome is just a bad situation that also puts curry in foul trouble, so they swarm with help defense and then shit hits the proverbial fan, as the defense is collapsing and all that talent has to switch switch switch and switch some more.

The heat barely pulled it off and they were CRAZY athletic (lebron, wade, rio, bosh, joel anthony, birdman) and all these dudes were ranging from plus to absolutely elite defenders.

They got drilled by kwahi-aldridge, anthony davis went postal on them without a decent guard to pnr with and there are others out there who will do serious damage lebron-kyrie, lin-lopez, rose-melo, cp3-griffin, drummond-jackson, george-turner, schroeder-howard, dragic-whiteside, hayward-favors, conley-gasol and many more.

The simple reality is that you can't win reliably if you get absolutely creamed in basic action like the pnr and you can't win reliably if you don't control the glass.

Jasper
11-05-2016, 09:22 AM
bottom line is that the Cav's in the finals found their weakness, exploited it, and the rest of the league is now not afraid of the Warriors.

Lakers proved it last night , give them credit.

Do you remember when the Lakers were loaded :confusedshrug:
They had Malone, and Glove join them , and it was an epic fail.

swagga
11-05-2016, 09:28 AM
bottom line is that the Cav's in the finals found their weakness, exploited it, and the rest of the league is now not afraid of the Warriors.

Lakers proved it last night , give them credit.

Do you remember when the Lakers were loaded :confusedshrug:
They had Malone, and Glove join them , and it was an epic fail.

I remember that fail, I've made real money betting on the pistons back then. To this day I thank kobe for not passing the ball :oldlol: