PDA

View Full Version : Fact or Fiction: Jordan Clarkson was better than Kobe last year already

Human Error
10-27-2016, 01:58 AM
I would say a cold hard fact.

What do you all think?

JebronLames
10-27-2016, 02:13 AM
Huge Kobe Stan checking in, but Kobe was one of the worst players ever last year.

ClipperRevival
10-27-2016, 08:33 AM
You can argue Kobe was the worst player in the NBA last year because most guys who suck don't warrant the minutes or touches, so their negative impact is limited. But with Kobe, who was a negative on D and a chucker on O, he had the green light to shoot all day. That had a hugely negative impact on team morale and on court impact. Really, if you wanted to draw up a more detrimental player that can hurt your team, Kobe's scenario was about as bad as it gets because no one had the power to tell him to stop shooting or playing. They had to defer and just watch. Lakers were pretty much victims of Kobe's legacy last year.

ScalsFan21
10-27-2016, 05:10 PM
You can argue Kobe was the worst player in the NBA last year because most guys who suck don't warrant the minutes or touches, so their negative impact is limited. But with Kobe, who was a negative on D and a chucker on O, he had the green light to shoot all day. That had a hugely negative impact on team morale and on court impact. Really, if you wanted to draw up a more detrimental player that can hurt your team, Kobe's scenario was about as bad as it gets because no one had the power to tell him to stop shooting or playing. They had to defer and just watch. Lakers were pretty much victims of Kobe's legacy last year.

Couldn't have said it better. As a result of his usage rate, Kobe had the worst net impact in the NBA last year hands down. And based on this rationale, quite possibly the worst single season by a player in history.

2016 Clarkson vs. 2016 Kobe was not even a contest.

ISHGoat
10-27-2016, 05:14 PM

Well said.

10-27-2016, 05:16 PM
I have no problem admitting that. Now, Kobe is the top 5 player ever to me but his career ended with that achilles injury. It's as simple as that. It's not the age that got him in, it was that career ending injury, he was simply not the same anymore. Before the injury he was still a top 3 player along with LeBron and KD, Lakers were rolling and they could've done some serious damage in the playoffs. It is how it is.

Still, Kobe is top 5 of all time.

Yes, Clarkson might've been better last year. Hopefully he gets even better this year. I'm pulling for him! Go JC!

Doranku
10-27-2016, 07:12 PM
All you ever do is post about Kobe. :oldlol: So sad. Second day of a fresh season and he's still the first thing on your mind.

Smoke117
10-27-2016, 07:17 PM
Jordan Clarkson was actually WORSE than kobe defensively last year...that's how awful he is. You could have legitimately called him the worst defensive sg in the league last season.

SwayDizzle
10-27-2016, 07:17 PM
I have no problem admitting that. Now, Kobe is the top 5 player ever to me but his career ended with that achilles injury. It's as simple as that. It's not the age that got him in, it was that career ending injury, he was simply not the same anymore. Before the injury he was still a top 3 player along with LeBron and KD, Lakers were rolling and they could've done some serious damage in the playoffs. It is how it is.

Yes, Clarkson might've been better last year. Hopefully he gets even better this year. I'm pulling for him! Go JC!
great post

Cold soul
10-27-2016, 10:42 PM

Great post. Kobe and knee injury following season was his downfall I knew his body was breaking down and the old Kobe was gone.

tpols
10-27-2016, 10:48 PM
Jordan Clarkson was actually WORSE than kobe defensively last year...that's how awful he is. You could have legitimately called him the worst defensive sg in the league last season.

that must have darn near made your head explode.