PDA

View Full Version : Is League Pass Worth It?

ISHGoat
10-27-2016, 04:28 PM
Don't have cable, but I'm looking to catch some games this year. I have a nice 60 inch wall mounted smartTV that I also hooked to chrome cast.

What are my options? I used ballstreams for 2 years, but last year they died. Now I'm just using ace streams every game, but I'm willing to pay for good quality and most importantly, consistent content delivery (no lags, cuts, etc)

League pass worth it? Does it integrate well with TV?

Spurs m8
10-27-2016, 04:56 PM
Yeah, shits made for TV.

I run on Xbox One on one TV and Apple TV for bedroom TV, apple TV - as much as I hate apple - probably works a tiny bit better but they both do the job, high quality, easy access, etc....

Having said this, I do have international LP, dunno how blackouts affect you.

But in short, 10/10, buy every year, get every cents worth.

Cheers

imdaman99
10-27-2016, 08:40 PM
What's a ballstreams alternative? I wanna watch Knicks games too and I don't wanna go through VPNing or anything like that.

Who's got them suggestions?

lilteapot
10-27-2016, 08:45 PM
Hell no.

250 bucks and you cant watch local games or national TV games? It's a waste.

Derka
10-27-2016, 08:54 PM
When I had a ton of time on my hands to watch games on a nightly basis, it was definitely worth it.

pauk
10-27-2016, 10:12 PM
No, not with reddit nba acestream links always around. Its free and often even better quality (up to 1080p, 60fps & super bitrate), mobile compability, u can chromecast some links or hook ur pc up to tv, no buffering trouble, its more work but worth it... But if u have to go with leaguepass try get your hands on international lp as it has no blackouts (allows you to see all local/national tv games).

Bosnian Sajo
10-27-2016, 10:23 PM
No, not with reddit nba acestream links always around. Its free and often even better quality (up to 1080p, 60fps & super bitrate), mobile compability, u can chromecast some links or hook ur pc up to tv... But if u have to go with leaguepass try get your hands on international lp as it has no blackouts.

Yea ****ing right, no way it's better quality than leaguepass.

Everytime I find a link on reddit, it's laggy af and when it's not, quality sucks.

$200 and you get the full season, with resolution as good as your TV can handle. I have a 4k tv and league pass looks flawless on there. Not only that, you can watch games directly on your computer if you're in class or phone, with the same quality (no lag, ever). I highly recommend it.

blackout games aren't a big deal, especially if you're like me and your favorite team is the Lakers (not too many national games this year).

Bosnian Sajo
10-27-2016, 10:25 PM
Hell no.

250 bucks and you cant watch local games or national TV games? It's a waste.

Dunno where you get your numbers from.

$120 to follow 1 team.

$200 to follow all 30.

What's 200 bucks per year? Unless you're in HS making no money, this shouldn't be a problem at all.

pauk
10-27-2016, 10:33 PM
Yea ****ing right, no way it's better quality than leaguepass.

Everytime I find a link on reddit, it's laggy af and when it's not, quality sucks.

$200 and you get the full season, with resolution as good as your TV can handle. I have a 4k tv and league pass looks flawless on there. Not only that, you can watch games directly on your computer if you're in class or phone, with the same quality (no lag, ever). I highly recommend it.

blackout games aren't a big deal, especially if you're like me and your favorite team is the Lakers (not too many national games this year).

Are you sure you tried one of those acestream links?

Dont get me wrong, League Pass is great, if you dont mind paying that cash... no problem for me, i used ILP for 2 years, until i found acestream and facepalmed... as i feel its the same & some times better quality, but free...

Patrick Chewing
10-27-2016, 10:45 PM

$120 to follow 1 team.

$200 to follow all 30.

What's 200 bucks per year? Unless you're in HS making no money, this shouldn't be a problem at all.

Damn son now we're speaking like a man. Tell these broke fools what's up.

J Shuttlesworth
10-27-2016, 10:53 PM
It's worth it if:

1. You have time to watch a lot of games
2. You have cable and can watch nationally televised games
3. You're okay with your home team games being blacked out

MJistheGOAT
10-27-2016, 10:53 PM
International League Pass here, without blackouts and complete coverage of all the regular and postseason games.

I see games in TV, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
I see games at home, work or anywhere.

All this for $160 aprox.
Subscription is renewed automatically yearly and with a discount.

Proctor
10-27-2016, 10:57 PM
International League Pass sounds worth it. Standard is worth it if you don't mind watching the games with a severe delay (several minutes behind realtime) and don't mind your local team being blacked out. It also takes forever to load.

To me, that isn't worth it. Ballstreams was the greatest thing on earth when it still existed.

Bosnian Sajo
10-27-2016, 11:11 PM
International League Pass sounds worth it. Standard is worth it if you don't mind watching the games with a severe delay (several minutes behind realtime) and don't mind your local team being blacked out. It also takes forever to load.

To me, that isn't worth it. Ballstreams was the greatest thing on earth when it still existed.

Never had any of these problems, have had LP for the past 2 years and will surly reup this year.

Maybe your internet provider is the problem.

Damn son now we're speaking like a man. Tell these broke fools what's up.

I'm saying, game tickets (not nosebleeds) cost the same as a year of leaguepass. That being said, Ima be in Orlando a lot this year...nosebleed tickets $15 a piece, Lakers game Dec23 I got tickets near courtside :D

Proctor
10-27-2016, 11:14 PM
Never had any of these problems, have had LP for the past 2 years and will surly reup this year.

Maybe your internet provider is the problem.
My internet is strong as hell so I know it's not that. Check ESPN boxscore while you watch the game and see if they're in sync. Every time I would watch a game on LP, I would know through the game thread what was happening before it happened. :lol

Bosnian Sajo
10-27-2016, 11:16 PM
My internet is strong as hell so I know it's not that. Check ESPN boxscore while you watch the game and see if they're in sync. Every time I would watch a game on LP, I would know through the game thread what was happening before it happened. :lol

I do, I follow my fantasy teams while I watch games, never had a delay. It's you, bro.

Proctor
10-27-2016, 11:17 PM
I do, I follow my fantasy teams while I watch games, never had a delay. It's you, bro.
They must have been addressed it in recent years. I unsubscribed a few years back. I know it's not only me because I talked about it with a few others on here. It's happened every internet I've been on in every state I've been to. :lol

pauk
10-28-2016, 07:21 AM
What do you mean strong?
Its not all about the quantity of your bandwidth but mostly the quality of your connection that is responsible for latency (delay, lag)... is it cable, dsl or fiber you have? Fiber is by far the best for latency (has the least latency) / most quality... make sure also you connect with the network cable aswell, wi-fi is horrible (4g etc. even worse) that is only for desperate surfing, not for gaming/streaming or downloading.

Kblaze8855
10-28-2016, 12:13 PM
What are my options? I used ballstreams for 2 years, but last year they died.

http://usemytv.com/site/live-tv/

ISHGoat
10-28-2016, 12:38 PM
As mentioned by pauk, Reddit nba acestream links are probably the best free option. But I'm a bit lazy :lol

Does league pass work on smart tv? I have an Xbox one but it's in another house and I can't find it... Willing to pay for convenience of being able to watch nba on just a tv and remote. If I still have to cast shit over from my computer stream then it's not worth. Since that's what I'd do with ace stream anyways.

GOBB
10-28-2016, 08:03 PM

$120 to follow 1 team.

$200 to follow all 30.

That's extra money on a cable bill already expensive as is. If the price is of no concern to you that's fine. But when you break down what you're paying vs what you're getting out of it? It doesn't add up.

Bosnian Sajo
10-28-2016, 08:05 PM
As mentioned by pauk, Reddit nba acestream links are probably the best free option. But I'm a bit lazy :lol

Does league pass work on smart tv? I have an Xbox one but it's in another house and I can't find it... Willing to pay for convenience of being able to watch nba on just a tv and remote. If I still have to cast shit over from my computer stream then it's not worth. Since that's what I'd do with ace stream anyways.

If your smart tv is like mine, you can access the web and head over to nba.com.

In that case, you can.

Wavves
10-28-2016, 10:22 PM
I'll be buying league pass for the first time this season once my free trial runs out in a couple of days.

320 is pretty expensive but the convenience to watch games after I finish work whenever I want is worth it imo.

k0kakw0rld
10-29-2016, 12:09 AM
Youtube live that's all I'm saying

tmacattack33
10-29-2016, 12:38 AM
Only you will know if it's worth it to you.

1. Do you just want to watch the big games between the Cavs/Warriors/Spurs/elite teams? Because the big time games betwee elite teams are on national TV a lot and those will be blacked out.

2. Does having instant access to any game at any time appeal to you? Do you see yourself checking scores on your phone and then realizing the Blazers vs Mavs game is in OT and then rushing to your tv to turn it on? Do you play fantasy bball and want to check in on random games whenever your players are playing?

3. Etc