PDA

View Full Version : What exactly makes Durant the second best player in the league?

k0kakw0rld
10-28-2016, 12:50 AM
I always hear about how easily he can score on people or amazing his offensive arsenal is. But I don't hear nothing about his defense. To qualify as a superstar, you need to be an above average to elite defender which is not his case.

So if you look at today's nba, I can actually pick (7) players that are ahead of him or that I would take before him in a heartbeat.

(*) Players I will take before durant in today's NBA

-------------------------------
Elite offense + Elite defense (3)
LeBron *
Kawhi *
AD *
-------------------------------------
Average offense + Elite defense (1)
CP3 *
Jimmy Butler
Elite Offense + Average defense (1)
Durant
Westbrook *
Elite Offense + below average defense (2)
Curry *
Harden *
Melo
Average offense + Elite defense
Draymond Green
Marc Gasol
Klay Thompson
Mike Conley

HenryGarfunkle
10-28-2016, 12:53 AM
Hey, what's your address?

Papaya Petee
10-28-2016, 12:53 AM
Did this guy just say Chris Paul has average offense?!

knickswoman
10-28-2016, 12:56 AM
coz if you understand basketball, his skills are more valuable than lebron. Theres a reason why curry won coz he has the more valuable skills. Do you think lebron wouldve won any ring if he has the body of curry? He cant even win without the refs and big 3 with his current body.

DaHeezy
10-28-2016, 12:56 AM
What exactly makes Durant the second best player in the league?

For Kawhi to get injured

AussieSteve
10-28-2016, 01:00 AM
I always hear about how easily he can score on people or amazing his offensive arsenal is. But I don't hear nothing about his defense. To qualify as a superstar, you need to be an above average to elite defender which is not his case.

So if you look at today's nba, I can actually pick (7) players that are ahead of him or that I would take before him in a heartbeat.

LeBron *
Kawhi *
AD *
CP3 *
Jimmy Butler
Durant
Westbrook *
Curry *
Harden *
Melo
Draymond Green
Marc Gasol
Klay Thompson
Mike Conley

You would take Harden over Durant!? Have you watched Harden play defense?

Durant is the most versatile and complete scorer in the game, and a decent defender. Harden is a top 5 scorer in the game, but a horrible defender.

Smoke117
10-28-2016, 01:01 AM

lol It is some definite cringe. Putting Jimmy Butler with Chris Paul like he's even close to as good as him. :oldlol: Melo an elite offensive player while CP3 is average? Jesus.

Bosnian Sajo
10-28-2016, 01:01 AM
Klay Thompson is an average offensive player? How is he in the same category as Conley, Green, and Gasol??

Oh myyyyyyy gosh.

bobopenguin
10-28-2016, 01:04 AM
u take harden over durant?

lol bro. gtfo.

MrFonzworth
10-28-2016, 01:19 AM

LeBron *
Kawhi *
AD *
CP3 *
Jimmy Butler
Durant
Westbrook *
Curry *
Harden *
Melo
Draymond Green
Marc Gasol
Klay Thompson
Mike Conley

coz if you understand basketball, his skills are more valuable than lebron. Theres a reason why curry won coz he has the more valuable skills. Do you think lebron wouldve won any ring if he has the body of curry? He cant even win without the refs and big 3 with his current body.

Confirmed retards.

bobopenguin
10-28-2016, 01:21 AM
Confirmed retards.

knickswoman has a point.

lebron skill + curry's body = no ring

curry's skill + lebron's body = surpass jordan.

k0kakw0rld
10-28-2016, 01:23 AM
u take harden over durant?

lol bro. gtfo.
Whether you like it or nah Harden is the better floor general. He is as clutch and draws fouls better than KD.

KD's length is what give you the illusion that he is a good defender. But with his gifted physic, he still can not be elite at the defensive end of the basketbal floor.

Let's not act as if he never reached the WCF without KD + Westbrook + Ibaka, as the man.

Now why would take KD over Harden? :confusedshrug:

MrFonzworth
10-28-2016, 01:24 AM
knickswoman has a point.

A point. Rest of what he said was retarded. Curry in Lebron's body wouldn't make him the GOAT. lol.

k0kakw0rld
10-28-2016, 01:26 AM
Klay Thompson is an average offensive player? How is he in the same category as Conley, Green, and Gasol??

Oh myyyyyyy gosh.
He is my favorite player in the league next to D-Will but a niqqa that 80% of his shots are assisted is not an Elite offensive player. :no: Or else Korver is an Elite offensive player as well or is he?

NBAGOAT
10-28-2016, 01:28 AM
putting cp3 in the same tier offensively as gasol, draymond, conley, and klay just made me laugh\ and shake my head. Kawhi is elite so far but last year his offense wasn't in the top tier so Durant definitely had a case for being better than him. People have Durant top 2 because he was considered by a lot of people type 3 last year and most people think he'll be better than Curry this year. Still there are definitely multiple people who you could argue over Durant like Curry, Kawhi and Westbrook.

MrFonzworth
10-28-2016, 01:30 AM
He is my favorite player in the league next to D-Will but a niqqa that 80% of his shots are assisted is not an Elite offensive player. :no: Or else Korver is an Elite offensive player as well or is he?

Let me know when Korver puts up 37 in a quarter.

BigKAT
10-28-2016, 01:32 AM
Durant has proven he has that Lebron quality.

If he's on the floor, his team is winning games.
When his team his healthy, he always makes the WCF.
And when he is on the court, his team is going to get to 50 wins. With, or without Westbrook.

Kawahi's shaping up to be a tremendous player before our very eyes,
but he has not yet surpassed Durant.

Durant is an MVP, and has several scoring titles.
Kawahi is a DOPY two times over, and a FMVP. But Durant still carried more of a load in years past.

Not saying Kawahi can't be better by the end of this season, especially with the new role and situation for KD, but for now, give him the benefit of doubt.

k0kakw0rld
10-28-2016, 01:36 AM

And when he is on the court, his team is going to get to 50 wins. With, or without Westbrook.

Kawahi is a DOPY two times over, and a FMVP. But Durant still carried more of a load in years past.

Not saying Kawahi can't be better by the end of this season, especially with the new role and situation for KD, but for now, give him the benefit of doubt.
Which is something he never really had the chance to prove, I am sorry to disappoint. He is not LeBron's level and never was. Call me when he brings Boobie gibson type players to the nba final without any other all star or DPOY candidates playing next to him.

Funny thing is, ever since OKC's best player left their team, they never reached the nba final ever since. Guess who that is, you are smart enough :cheers:

BigKAT
10-28-2016, 01:44 AM
Which is something he never really had the chance to prove, I am sorry to disappoint. He is not LeBron's level and never was. Call me when he brings Boobie gibson type players to the nba final without any other all star or DPOY candidates playing next to him.

Funny thing is, ever since OKC's best player left their team, they never reached the nba final ever since. Guess who that is, you are smart enough :cheers:

Man, that Harden trade changed the course of the NBA.

Harden doesn't seem upset about it, got the money, cars and Ad-contracts from it.

But it does kinda make you feel if we would've had an entierly different league right now had Harden stayed in OKC.

Mike smith
10-28-2016, 01:49 AM

LeBron *
Kawhi *
AD *
CP3 *
Jimmy Butler
Durant
Westbrook *
Curry *
Harden *
Melo
Draymond Green
Marc Gasol
Klay Thompson
Mike Conley
It's a good thing you ate not a gm you would be a horrible talent evaluator

SamuraiSWISH
10-28-2016, 03:09 AM
Durant played some good defense in the '16 conference finals but that's it. Wasn't great.

He's not a consistently good defender with consistent effort. So he's not good, let alone elite. He's super long and should be versatile so people overrate his potential on that end.

He is absolutely hideous with lateral movement, moving his feet, which is so critical when playing defense. He's all north and south.

knickswoman
10-28-2016, 03:13 AM

This post just proves youre a dumbass. Even jason kid made it to the finals in that east.

Prime_Shaq
10-28-2016, 03:18 AM
AD is a good shotblocker but he's far from an elite defender.

RoundMoundOfReb
10-28-2016, 03:53 AM
Curry is the 2nd best player in the league.

EwingMan
10-28-2016, 03:54 AM
Whether you like it or nah Harden is the better floor general. He is as clutch and draws fouls better than KD.

last year he had the most turnovers in nba history.

a regular hannibal of the hardwood.

lilteapot
10-28-2016, 08:39 AM
I told everyone Kawhi was better than KD. Third best in the world

BlakFrankWhite
10-28-2016, 10:36 AM
Overrated sack of shit.

ralph_i_el
10-28-2016, 10:50 AM
He is not an average defender. He was an integral part of many top defenses in OKC. I wouldn't say he was elite, but he is clearly a good defender.

As for why he's a top-5 player? He has led the league in scoring 4 times (iirc). He's effective from all ranges. He's been doing this consistently for years now. I couldn't name a more well-rounded scoring option in the league at this point.

He also did lead a team to the finals at a young age. He's still only 28

ralph_i_el
10-28-2016, 10:53 AM

I missed that the first time through.

Advanced Stats say that CP3 is the 5th most effective guard ALL TIME.

His offense is thoroughly elite. He's the best ball-handler, mid range shooter, and passer at the point guard position right now.

warriorfan
10-28-2016, 10:54 AM
Let me know when Korver puts up 37 in a quarter.
If Korver played with Curry he could probably do it

ralph_i_el
10-28-2016, 11:00 AM
last year he had the most turnovers in nba history.

a regular hannibal of the hardwood.

You are bound to get a ton of turnovers when you are your teams number one scoring option AND facilitator.

Another reason why CP3 is such a ****ing stud

ISHGoat
10-28-2016, 11:28 AM
knickswoman has a point.

yeah he has a point.

Shaq in Iverson's body = 24four's colleague at mcdonalds

Iverson in Shaq's body = GOAT

Derrick Rose in Lebron's body = a much more effective retarded basketball player

Lebron in Derrick's body = the same player

Whiteside in JJ Reddick's body = in jail

CP3 in Blake's body = flopping over cars

we could do this all day

wait what was the point?

Ramza
10-28-2016, 11:37 AM
You shoulda added another tier bro. With "Above average offense"

scm5
10-28-2016, 11:51 AM
idk if anyone has the synergy sports thing where it shows you advanced metrics on defense for players, but I remember Durant's being elite level right there with Kawhi and Lebron.

I also remember that Curry's advanced metrics were all at above average level.

ralph_i_el
10-28-2016, 12:31 PM

True, but he would also be able to drop dimes with a 15 lb medicine ball :roll:

CTbasketball92
10-28-2016, 03:18 PM

I don't disagree, but the "with or without" westbrook thing I'm not sure about, since westbrook played 46 games in 2013-2014 with KD. He definitely held it down, though. And yeah, I'm definitely taking KD>>>>Kawhi for the foreseeable future.

Papaya Petee
10-28-2016, 03:48 PM
lol It is some definite cringe. Putting Jimmy Butler with Chris Paul like he's even close to as good as him. :oldlol: Melo an elite offensive player while CP3 is average? Jesus.
Im at a loss for words.

Chris Paul is a mastermind on the offensive end. One of the GOAT passers and GOAT mid-range shooters who has an elite assist to turnover ratio and always runs an efficient offense.

bizil
10-28-2016, 04:12 PM
For starters, KD is one of the greatest scorers of ALL TIME! Scoring average wise, he ranks 3rd all time! From there he's also a very good to great rebounder for a SF and a very good passing SF. A typical KD season is 28 points, 8 boards, and 5 dimes! So he may not be a great all around player on the level of Bron or Bird, BUT he's certainly on the next level under that!

From there, he's one of the greatest shooters of all time. A 50-40-90 caliber guy scoring all of those points! And finally, he's a FREAK OF NATURE! There has NEVER been a SF like KD before at 6'10 or 6'11. For players 6'10 and up, he has ARGUABLY the best handles of all time.

And he moves and glides on the court like a 6'7 swingman. So between KD's numbers AND redefining the SF position, he EASILY has a case as the 2nd best player in the world. Peak wise, a top 5 SF of all time with Bird, Bron, Baylor, and the Doc!

bizil
10-28-2016, 04:16 PM
Im at a loss for words.

Chris Paul is a mastermind on the offensive end. One of the GOAT passers and GOAT mid-range shooters who has an elite assist to turnover ratio and always runs an efficient offense.

I agree! CP3 is a GENIUS on the offensive end. In many ways, he's the last of a dying breed. Which is a pass first floor general who ALSO can be a great scorer when its time! That allows him to dictate policy on the court in an epic fashion. And all around wise, he's arguably the most complete PG ever!

k0kakw0rld
10-28-2016, 05:43 PM
It's a good thing you ate not a gm you would be a horrible talent evaluator
You sitting here crucifying me but you still ain't telling me why Durant is better than Kawhi, AD or Westbrook. He is not TOP 5 yes I said it.

MrFonzworth
10-28-2016, 06:12 PM
If Korver played with Curry he could probably do it

Retarded.

Jasper
10-28-2016, 08:12 PM
I have never said KD was ever more than a top 15 player...

he has never had a post game , relied on 3 point shooting (low percentage shoot in the world of bball) and was not a very good dribbler, or boards man.

he has elevated his game , but I never see the guy moving without the ball :confusedshrug:
Top 5 baller = get out of here(.) /

knickswoman
10-28-2016, 09:41 PM
yeah he has a point.

Shaq in Iverson's body = 24four's colleague at mcdonalds

Iverson in Shaq's body = GOAT

Derrick Rose in Lebron's body = a much more effective retarded basketball player

Lebron in Derrick's body = the same player

Whiteside in JJ Reddick's body = in jail

we could do this all day

wait what was the point?

lebron stans really are simpletons. They think everything is equal. They think offense=defense or 1 assist=2 pts. Theres a reason theyre just statnerds.

What that means is not every skill is equal. There are skills more valuable and there are skills which are less. And once you understand this concept, youll understand why lebron needed a big3 + refs + that body of his to win rings.