PDA

View Full Version : Butler&Wade Combine for 8/12 Shooting from 3PT Line

BigKAT
10-28-2016, 01:27 AM
That's darn impressive. Shooting 4/6 each.
Are we going to eat our words about the lack of spacing?

I mean, Wade showed some 3PT flashes in the playoffs (If anyone remember his daggers against toronto late in the series)

And if Wade and Butler -could- space the floor (36%-39% 3PT shooting, which will be a serious career high for wade), do you see these guys become a force in the East?

RRR3
10-28-2016, 01:30 AM
Wtf. I swear to god LeBron better not be worse than Wade or Rondo at 3s. Jesus Christ. He gets worse every year at shoots lately

BigKAT
10-28-2016, 01:34 AM
Wtf. I swear to god LeBron better not be worse than Wade or Rondo at 3s. Jesus Christ. He gets worse every year at shoots lately

I know, I really thought that after that 40% in Miami he's going to stay that way.

But he does pick it up in the playoffs.

Smoke117
10-28-2016, 01:36 AM

Lebron shot worse than Rondo last year on 3pters. Rondo shot .365% on 2.4 attempts to Lebron's .309% on 3.7.

RRR3
10-28-2016, 01:36 AM
I know, I really thought that after that 40% in Miami he's going to stay that way.

But he does pick it up in the playoffs.
No he doesn't. He did this year but this all started in the 2015 playoffs. He shot 35.4% inthink in the 15 season which is fine for the volume he had (5 attempts per game)

RRR3
10-28-2016, 01:37 AM
Lebron shot worse than Rondo last year on 3pters. Rondo shot .365% on 2.4 attempts to Lebron's .309% on 3.7.
Sad. It pisses me off. He better work on it. He'll need it.

BigKAT
10-28-2016, 01:40 AM
Sad. It pisses me off. He better work on it. He'll need it.

Lebron with a Jump shot is the only way to beat the Warriors imo.
It's what gave them that W over the spurs in game 7.
And It also gave him the Win in game 7.

(3 Pointer over Ezeli to make it 89-87. )

Also, once his athletic abilities decline, if he doesn't have a J, he'll regret it.

I wonder what led to the detoriation.

bluechox2
10-28-2016, 01:41 AM
only the first game buddy...just watch him miss 5 next game

SpaceJam
10-28-2016, 02:04 AM
I know it's the first game and they probably won't keep it up, but what a way to come out lmao. All through the off season 'Chicago have no shooters' come out and combine for 8/12 from 3

NBAGOAT
10-28-2016, 02:12 AM
Butler can. Really doubt Wade will however. It's just never been a part of his game at all but maybe he might put up like 2 attempts a game on like 30% since the Bulls have to take a respectable amount of 3's.

NBAGOAT
10-28-2016, 02:14 AM
No he doesn't. He did this year but this all started in the 2015 playoffs. He shot 35.4% inthink in the 15 season which is fine for the volume he had (5 attempts per game)

doubt he'll get back to Miami level but think he can shoot 33-35% on decent amount of attempts. He shot like 34% on 4.5 attempts in the playoffs last year which is the norm for him besides those 2 years in Miami.

RRR3
10-28-2016, 02:19 AM
doubt he'll get back to Miami level but think he can shoot 33-35% on decent amount of attempts. He shot like 34% on 4.5 attempts in the playoffs last year which is the norm for him besides those 2 years in Miami.
He gets more space than he used to though.

Papaya Petee
10-28-2016, 09:30 AM
Wade shot 55% from 3 in the playoffs last year

Wally450
10-28-2016, 10:25 AM
Great game shooting from them last night. They'll have off nights but if they can maintain a 33-35% shooting from 3 on a about 5-7 maybe even 8 attempts they'll be great. Rondo will get them easy looks also.

TemporaMutantur
10-28-2016, 11:24 AM
Butler can. Really doubt Wade will however. It's just never been a part of his game at all but maybe he might put up like 2 attempts a game on like 30% since the Bulls have to take a respectable amount of 3's.

Apparently Wade worked on his outside shot a lot this offseason.

tpols
10-28-2016, 11:34 AM
they are given a ton of room and it is like practice shots at this point. if the defense decides to adjust and play them tighter they will carve up the paint.. so it is a win win.

Papaya Petee
10-28-2016, 11:39 AM
they are given a ton of room and it is like practice shots at this point. if the defense decides to adjust and play them tighter they will carve up the paint.. so it is a win win.
Imagine if 2005-2013 Wade took the time to work on that 3 when he still had knees and could get to the rim at will? shame he waited until now to really work on it.

TheNaturalWR
10-28-2016, 11:40 AM
I've always maintained the position that Wade was a better 3PT shooter than his percentage would suggest. 90% of the 3s he's taken have probably been off the dribble contested 3s. If he gets open looks I wouldn't be surprised if he hovered around 35%.

ralph_i_el
10-28-2016, 11:44 AM
Lebron with a Jump shot is the only way to beat the Warriors imo.
It's what gave them that W over the spurs in game 7.
And It also gave him the Win in game 7.

(3 Pointer over Ezeli to make it 89-87. )

Also, once his athletic abilities decline, if he doesn't have a J, he'll regret it.

I wonder what led to the detoriation.

He shot more open shots in Miami, and now he shoots more off the dribble and bail out shots.

Velocirap31
10-28-2016, 12:31 PM
Wade was so irritating last year. He was hitting every big 3 during the Raptors series. He just always makes big plays, that kind of player.

SamuraiSWISH
10-28-2016, 12:39 PM
Imagine if 2005-2013 Wade took the time to work on that 3 when he still had knees and could get to the rim at will? shame he waited until now to really work on it.
He could shoot it in 2009 and 2010.

jrong
10-28-2016, 01:03 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how bad most NBA analysis is. I made this point on another board, but here is the problem with the way people talk about three-point shooting: they treat all threes as if they are the same kinds of shot, as if every one is off the rack like in the all-star contest.

Wade's threes have almost NOTHING in common with, say, Klay's threes other than equivalent point value. Do you want Wade taking catch and release threes like Klay or Ray Allen? Hell no! He'll make less than 10 percent.

What kinds of threes do you want Wade taking? Threes off the attack. Off the dribble, either step backs, walk-ups or raising up and drilling it in the defender's eye.... And when he does hit catch-and-shoot threes, they happen one of two ways. Either he steps into them or he pauses and lines up the shot first (not recommended for most players, but essential for Wade).

And finally, the dagger three had basically nothing to do with it being a three. That shot could have been from 25, 15 or 5 feet. He made it because he's Dwyane MF Wade. But, this is the biggest flaw of analytics. You can't reduce players to numbers because numbers don't tell you who a player fundamentally is.

SamuraiSWISH
10-28-2016, 02:30 PM
Exactly.

Papaya Petee
10-28-2016, 03:45 PM
He could shoot it in 2009 and 2010.
In the playoffs those years his 3 pointer was really good, regular season ehh.
32 and 30% is nothing to be happy about.

GrapeApe
10-28-2016, 07:13 PM
I've always maintained the position that Wade was a better 3PT shooter than his percentage would suggest. 90% of the 3s he's taken have probably been off the dribble contested 3s. If he gets open looks I wouldn't be surprised if he hovered around 35%.

This is true, not to mention the end of quarter or shot clock buzzer beaters. Those misses have a greater impact on his % because of his lower volume of attempts. He's always been a capable 3 point shooter when he's in rhythm. It's just never been his game.

We can question why he never added 3 pointers to his arsenal, but he's had a pretty great career doing what he does best. It would have been easy to fall in love with the deep ball, as players often do. I like the fact that even as the game has evolved, Wade has stuck to his strengths and remained effective doing so. We may never see a superstar perimeter player like him again.

BigKAT
10-28-2016, 07:22 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how bad most NBA analysis is. I made this point on another board, but here is the problem with the way people talk about three-point shooting: they treat all threes as if they are the same kinds of shot, as if every one is off the rack like in the all-star contest.

Wade's threes have almost NOTHING in common with, say, Klay's threes other than equivalent point value. Do you want Wade taking catch and release threes like Klay or Ray Allen? Hell no! He'll make less than 10 percent.

What kinds of threes do you want Wade taking? Threes off the attack. Off the dribble, either step backs, walk-ups or raising up and drilling it in the defender's eye.... And when he does hit catch-and-shoot threes, they happen one of two ways. Either he steps into them or he pauses and lines up the shot first (not recommended for most players, but essential for Wade).

And finally, the dagger three had basically nothing to do with it being a three. That shot could have been from 25, 15 or 5 feet. He made it because he's Dwyane MF Wade. But, this is the biggest flaw of analytics. You can't reduce players to numbers because numbers don't tell you who a player fundamentally is.

Smartest thing posted on this thread so far.
Sums it up IMO.